Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Theoretical High Stakes Legacy Tournament

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Re: Theoretical High Stakes Legacy Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    @Koby - BYOB? Unless you're after something pretty rare, most upscale hotel bars should have a good selection of high-end stuff. What's your poison?
    Yea, but I don't want to pay $20 a glass to drink $100 bottles :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

few hundred is fine for me, prizes in "serious tournaments" and MtG tournaments overall are ridiculously low compared to the buy-in into the game, time spent and costs to get there (GP and such)

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Yea, but I don't want to pay $20 a glass to drink $100 bottles :/
    Such is the way of the world I'm afraid. If you want to drink for retail prices, your only real option is to stay home.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Thread Information