Page 320 of 320 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320
Results 6,381 to 6,383 of 6383

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Played a small 19 person tournament yesterday. Snuck into 8th place with a 3-2 record and lost in first round. Tried out a couple of Caustic Broncos. Didn't see them much. One died to plow, one was countered and only one resolved and swung once. Will still try them out.

Positive highlights. Vs Show and tell. opponent casts show and tell and puts in an Emrakul. I put in Humility. gg.
    Vs. Mud. Opponent casts a Chalice of the void for 2 to stop me from casting Serenity. I then cast a Karn's Sylex a couple of turns later to blow up his whole board except for one land.
    vs Reanimator (that can board into chain of smog combo in games 2 and 3). Turn 1 pitch cast Grief to take Atraxa. Cast Reanimate on Atraxa. Get a bunch of cards, cast Chrome Mox and then Reanimate my Grief to take Animate dead. 10 power turn 1.

Humilty, Karn's Sylex and Stoneforge Mystic carried the deck.

Sep 2011

Good tech. What were you running?

Most of the same crap i usually run. Other maindeck change is adding a Shadowy Backstreet and taking out a fetch. Fetchable Surveil lands are pretty nuts, which makes the Troll extra good, went up to 2. Deck is like half Scam, with a Stoneforge package. Sometimes opponent has GY hate that sometimes doesn't do much to me or has something like Meltdown which is also situational.

Other notes.
    -Mystic is still pretty decent. But Jitte isn't that good atm. Lion Sash is really good as is Kaldra.
    -Karn's Sylex still gets people. Whether it's fetches, Force of Will, Dismember etc. I've even been able to activate for 6 to kill a troll.

3 Grief
    3 Bowmasters
    3 Stoneforge
    2 Troll of Khazam-dum
    2 Caustic Bronco
    1 Skyclave Apparition
    1 Lion Sash
    1 Dauthi Voidwalker
    3 Thoughtseize
    2 Hymn
    3 Reanimate
    3 Liliana of the Veil
    4 Plow
    1 Jitte
    1 Batterskull
    1 Kaldra Compleat
    2 Chrome mox
    2 Karn's Sylex
    4 Scrubland, 3 swamp, 1 plains, 1 Karakas, 1 Shadowy Backstreet, 2 Castle Lochtwain, 4 Wasteland, 6 fetches

board. 2 Leyline of the Void. 1 Leyline of Sanctity. 2 Serenity. 1 Cleansing Nova. 1 Humility. 1 Surgical Extraction. 1 Mindbreak trap. 1 Ethersworn Canonist. 1 Damn. 1 Sheoldred's Edict. 1 Unlicensed Hearse. 1 Tourach, Dread Cantor. 1 Opposition Agent.

Thread Information