Page 311 of 319 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,220 of 6380

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Went 3-1-1 in a 5 round local tournament. Maindeck is the same, with 2 Murderous Rider as the big change. Sideboard has 3 Leyline of the Void and a Helm of Obedience, giving me another way to kill an opponent other than creature damage (Kaya ultimate is the other way to kill someone without attacking).

Round 1. 4 color Leovold Terminus Entreat (lol, I have no idea on the name). Lose 2-1
    Game 1. I think I lost to Oko and Jace.
    Game 2. He has an Oko out but I have 4 Lingering Souls and a Jitte that enough damage.
    Game 3. He was stuck on 2 lands so I tried to vindicate a land and he Veil of Summer. Boo. In hindsight I should have cast Liliana of the Veil or Stoneforge Mystic. I was too worried about him getting to 3 mana for an Oko.

Round 2. BG Depths. Win 2-1
    Game 1. I should have played out 1 of my 2 wastelands early. Got punished by thoughtseize and Hexmage/depths.
    Game 2. He goes for the 20/20. I have the Plowshares. Batterskull cleans things up
    Game 3. I had needle on hexmage. He has the stage combo and could have done it main. He should have IMHO. I had cards (4) in hand and a Dark Confidant. If he doesn't put me to the test (I didn't have Plow/Karakas/Humility in hand at the time), I will eventually get out of it. I kill him with Humility and Lingering Souls.

Round 3. Apple Jacks (Orcish Lumberjack with Loam, Knight of the Reliquary, 5 mana Titania I think, the 5/3 creature). Win 2-0
    Game 1. I had a turn 1 Bob with help from a Chrome MOx. He has a turn 1 Lumberjack. I have a turn 2 Liliana, the Last Hope to kill Lumber jack. I had a turn 3 Liliana of the Veil. GG.
    Game 2. I have too much removal. End of game I had Hope at 7 counters, a Bob, Lingering Souls, Batterskull, SOFI, Mystic. etc.

Round 4. Grixis Delver. Win 2-0
    game 1. He's mana flooded.
    Game 2. I have Angler creating a lot of pressure. He has a Bitterblossom out. But I have the Plague Engineer to clear the way for the win.

Round 5. ID. I'm the 6th seed after 5 rounds and we all split and go home.

Hero kill count. 0. Didn't see her today. Angler was great, I cut down to 1 because I needed the room for another Murderous Rider to deal with Walkers, namely Oko. Liliana the Last Hope was amazing killing Lumberjack, Young Pyromancer, Faerie tokens etc. Sideboard cards, I only really saw Humility and Zealous Persecution doing much.

Finally got a MTGO account. Have literally just Dead Guy Ale atm. lol.

A lot more "off the wall" decks online than in real life so far. Do pretty well on the practice forums. Did one 5 rounder. Went 2-3. UGH.

Some observations. Castle Locthwain is very good. I like it way better than Shambling Vent. Vent usually ends up getting killed when I activate it, whereas there have been several times Castle draws me 3 or 4 cards. And since I have 4 lifegain cards in 2 Murderous Rider, Batterskull and Jitte (lol i suppose Plows count too), the life loss can be offset.

I like the Leyline of the Void/Helm plan in the board. It's nice to be able to win without combat damage and wins out of nowhere. But funny thing is I feel that I get Leylines more if I have it as a singleton rather than 3 or 4. :) I still run 1 Leyline of Sanctity. Had it vs Burn online.

Chalice of the Void has been pretty decent too. I like Sanctum Prelate but I have WAY too many 3 drops as it is. Why couldn't Assassin's Trophy be white/black?

Going to 2 Murderous Rider has been great. Now I'm down to 1 Gurmag Angler, giving me an excuse to sleeve up my 1 Russian one. Still though, I miss Shriekmaw. Killing Emrakuls off of Show and Tell. Or for a brief time having Liliana, the Last Hope and Shriekmaw. Being able to kill most 1 toughess or non-black non-artifact creatures is fun.

Observations of MTGO...

-Man, I have to mulligan a lot more it seems than I do in real life. Small sample size but yeah.
    -There are a lot of Ninja, graveyard and Wishclaw storm decks out there. Some fair Jace/oko good stuff decks but not as many as I'd face in real life. Makes me want to buy my black/green helm deck for online as I think it would do much better than Dead guy.
    -I only recently changed to a Helm/Leyline combo in the board in real life. Online I've managed to kill a few people with it.
    -While I have had to mull a fair bit more than usual, I have lived the dream and had a Leyline of Sanctity and Void vs 2 opponents in my opener.

I still much prefer to play in person than online. But it's not too bad. The inter face takes some getting used to.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    Finally got a MTGO account. Have literally just Dead Guy Ale atm. lol.

A lot more "off the wall" decks online than in real life so far. Do pretty well on the practice forums. Did one 5 rounder. Went 2-3. UGH.

Some observations. Castle Locthwain is very good. I like it way better than Shambling Vent. Vent usually ends up getting killed when I activate it, whereas there have been several times Castle draws me 3 or 4 cards. And since I have 4 lifegain cards in 2 Murderous Rider, Batterskull and Jitte (lol i suppose Plows count too), the life loss can be offset.

I like the Leyline of the Void/Helm plan in the board. It's nice to be able to win without combat damage and wins out of nowhere. But funny thing is I feel that I get Leylines more if I have it as a singleton rather than 3 or 4. :) I still run 1 Leyline of Sanctity. Had it vs Burn online.

Chalice of the Void has been pretty decent too. I like Sanctum Prelate but I have WAY too many 3 drops as it is. Why couldn't Assassin's Trophy be white/black?

Going to 2 Murderous Rider has been great. Now I'm down to 1 Gurmag Angler, giving me an excuse to sleeve up my 1 Russian one. Still though, I miss Shriekmaw. Killing Emrakuls off of Show and Tell. Or for a brief time having Liliana, the Last Hope and Shriekmaw. Being able to kill most 1 toughess or non-black non-artifact creatures is fun.
    Haha yeah unfortunately the tournament practice room is very hit or miss. I mostly use it to familiarize myself with decks. Glad you bought in though. Now there are 3 Ale players :).
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

PLayed my third 5 round legacy on MTGO. 4-1. So close. Same usual list.

ROund 1. UR Delver. Win 2-1.
    He had a Delver turn 1 off a Volcanic. My hand is slow so I Waste his land hoping he kept a 1 lander. Nope. lol.
    I'm able to out attrition him game 2 and a Chalice of the Void on 1 in game 3 was game.

Round 2. Grixis Control. Win 2-1
    Liliana, the Last Hope was MVP here. Was at 3 life for a fair bit in game 3. Luckily a Murderous Rider was there to close out the game.

Round 3. 4 color Astrolabe control? Win 2-1.
    Don't remember much about this match. Was able to kill his oko off a Murderous Rider.

Round 4. Burn. Win 2-0
    Game 1. I had turn 1 and turn 2 Stoneforge Mystics. Opponent fireblasts twice to kill Batterskull token and then Hero of Bladehold but I think I recast the Skull.
    Game 2. My opener had Leyline of Sanctity, Mox, Thalia and Stoneforge amongst my 7. Yeah I'm good. :) Doesn't help opponent is stuck on 1 land too.

Round 5. UB Shadow Lose 2-1
    Delver and Gurmag tag team game 1 against me.
    Game 2. Was able to win the top deck attrition war with a top deck Batterskull
    Game 3. Lost a nail biter. He had a Death Shadow that I couldn't find removal for.

So close to 5-0. Oh well. Happy with deck. Remorseful Cleric is much more useful on MTGO than in real life. Chrome mox was great today, a lot of turn 1 Stoneforges and Bobs. Leylines showed up for the most part when I boarded them in. Murderous Rider was pretty good. Got an Oko and I think a Delver with one. Have to take out a lot of discard against anyone who is blue in eternal fear of Veil of Summer.

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

Same usual list.
    I'm having a hard time finding your latest list. Would you mind reposting it again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    <Dallieza> your mom uses the stack
    <System> Player Lost
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"
    Referring to the art on Stasis:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Well, uh...the mime, you see, is....um...

God, is that furry bondage?

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

A quick search on mtgtop8 gave me these two lists:

5th place on 6/23/19, traditional Deadguy Ale

https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=22345&d=351639&f=LE

3-4th place on 12/1/19, Combo 'Deadguy' Chalice/Helm/Leyline

https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=23915&d=366478&f=LE
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrislegend View Post
    I'm having a hard time finding your latest list. Would you mind reposting it again?
    Those lists on MTG top 8 are a bit outdated. Plus, I'd make the argument that Helm combo main isn't deadguy but whatever.

4 Dark Confidant
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Murderous Rider
    2 Remorseful Cleric
    1 Hero of Bladehold
    1 Gurmag Angler

3 Thoughtseize
    1 Cabal Therapy
    1 Inquisition of Kozilek
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    3 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Liliana, the Last Hope
    2 Vindicate
    4 Swords to PLowshares
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Batterskull
    2 Lingering Souls
    3 Chrome Mox

4 Scrubland
    3 Swamp
    1 PLains
    1 Castle Locthwain
    1 Karakas
    4 Wasteland
    4 Marsh Flats
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Bloodstained Mire

1 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Leyline of the Void
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Chalice of the Void
    1 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    1 Kaya, Orzhov Usurper
    1 Zealous Persecution
    1 Plague Engineer
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Humility
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Liliana's Triumph

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Those lists on MTG top 8 are a bit outdated. Plus, I'd make the argument that Helm combo main isn't deadguy but whatever.
    Sorry, that was what popped up on mtgtop8; it was listed as Deadguy Ale (likely due to your reputation with the deck )
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

4 Dark Confidant
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Murderous Rider
    2 Remorseful Cleric
    1 Hero of Bladehold
    1 Gurmag Angler

3 Thoughtseize
    1 Cabal Therapy
    1 Inquisition of Kozilek
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    3 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Liliana, the Last Hope
    2 Vindicate
    4 Swords to PLowshares
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Batterskull
    2 Lingering Souls
    3 Chrome Mox

4 Scrubland
    3 Swamp
    1 PLains
    1 Castle Locthwain
    1 Karakas
    4 Wasteland
    4 Marsh Flats
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Bloodstained Mire

1 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Leyline of the Void
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Chalice of the Void
    1 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    1 Kaya, Orzhov Usurper
    1 Zealous Persecution
    1 Plague Engineer
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Humility
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Liliana's Triumph
    As usual, your lists are a work of art. Every card carefully chosen and the reasoning behind the card choices and numbers are pretty clear. But I don't understand it all; just a few questions:

I'm a little surprised to see only 2 Lingering Souls MD and 0 in the SB. Given how powerful Lingering Souls is in the DGA shell, why are you down to 2?
    Also, why 3 Leyline of the Void + 1 Surgical Extraction over 4 Leyline of the Void or some other combination of GY hate?
    <System> Player Lost
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrislegend View Post
    As usual, your lists are a work of art. Every card carefully chosen and the reasoning behind the card choices and numbers are pretty clear. But I don't understand it all; just a few questions:

I'm a little surprised to see only 2 Lingering Souls MD and 0 in the SB. Given how powerful Lingering Souls is in the DGA shell, why are you down to 2?
    Also, why 3 Leyline of the Void + 1 Surgical Extraction over 4 Leyline of the Void or some other combination of GY hate?
    Thanks.

I used to run 3 Lingering Souls for the longest time. When Wren and Six came out, I decided to cut a Souls for another Gurmag Angler. And then when Wren and Six got the axe, Oko got to see more play. So now I wanted more ways to deal with that. So I cut the extra Angler for a Murderous Rider. And then I cut the Shriekmaw for another Murderous Rider in order to deal with Oko.
    I didn't go back to 3 Lingering Souls since I wanted more ways to directly with planeswalkers, Oko in particular. Crossing my fingers we get a Black/white Assassin't Trophy or something like that to deal with walkers as all my answers atm are 3 mana. I even ran a Vampire Hexmage in my board at one point. Lol, I could go back to that. I'm sure some people would think I run one Hexmage and one Dark Depths.

As far as Surgical goes. I wanted another turn 0 answer to Graveyard shenanigans. It probably should be another Leyline of the Void, especially seeing as I do I have Helm there. But as anyone who knows me, I draw my singletons are lot more than the average person. Plus, I get to surgical opponents, sometimes getting a 2 for 1. Or getting rid of annoying things like Cloudpost or Show and Tell. My other deck atm is a Black/green Helm deck. Sometimes I feel I get Leyline of the Void better when I had only one in sideboard of Deadguy. I know, statistically impossible but here we are. Online, I've gotten Leyline of the Void AND Sanctity quite a few times. lol. Good to know the Magic Gods extend to online as well.

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

So for us regular folks, -1 Surgical +1 Leyline of the Void will probably get more mileage.

SBing into a combo decks is pretty nice, though no tutors for Helm is kinda a bummer.
    <System> Player Lost

Made top 8 today in my local tournament. 6 rounds. 20 something players. 4-2 in swiss. lost in quarters. Top 8 was pretty stacked. Lam Phan, Daniel Goetschel (sp), Edgar Magalhes, Boston Schattman. And of course, one of the best Dead guy Ale players on the planet. lol. I'm the only remaining dead guy player in Toronto, sadly.

Round 1. Grixis Delver. Win 2-0.
    Able to stick a Bob game 1. Game 2, he wastelands a scrubland. Which was strange since I had 2 swamps and a Chrome Mox (white). I have the Castle Locthwain in hand to generate card advantage.

Round 2. Underworld Breach (black/red/blue). Win 2-1
    Game 1. I have minimal disruption, he goes off turn 2 or 3.
    Game 2. I have a Leyline of Sanctity to protect me from discard while mine and Remorseful cleric cleans things up.
    Game 3. I have 2 leyline of the void in opener. and a bunch of discard. He goes for an empty the Warrens for 8 goblins.....I have the Plague Engineer in hand. And topdeck the land to be able to play it.

Round 3. UR Delver. Lose 2-0
    Can't kill his Dreadhorde Arcanist.
    Game 2. Lol, Jinxed Choker does a ton of damage to me. He finishes me off with Bolts.

Round 4. 4 color (not white) astrolabe. Lose 2-0
    Blue Green Titan and 6 mana Chandra are among the cards here. He didn't cast Chandra at all but did cast Blue green titan a few times. GG. Got out valued hard.

Round 5. Black green Depths. Win 2-0
    I know what he's on. My opener is Inquisition of Kozilek. Wasteland. Wasteland. Karakas. 3 other lands. Lol. Keep.
    Game 2. I had Leyline of Sanctity in my opener. He has a duress and Thoughtseize that are stranded. He does have 2 Liliana, the last hope but Gurmag Angler is able to push through with help from Liliana's triumph and PLow to clear out a Reclaimer and a Bob. humilty and Batterskull close the game out.

Round 6. Grixis Delver. Win in 3.
    Game 1. I'm able to have a Bob live.
    Game 2. I think a Dreadhorde and a Delver get me here.
    Game 3. He has a Delver and a land in play. I think he ponder the turn before, and left a daze in his deck from the Ponder. I land a Liliana, the Last hope. So instead of saving his Delver, it's dead and a Dreadhorde Arcanist later cast, can't flashback anything. Liliana ends up eventually goes ultimate.

Round 7. 4 color (not white) astrolabe. Lose 2-1
    Game 1. Lilly, last hope ends up ultimating for me.
    Game 2 and 3 I lose the attrition game. Oko, Leovold, blue green titan etc.

Deck did alright. I am a huge underdog to astrolabe good stuff decks. Bit disappointed losing to UR Delver. But overall happy with deck. Liliana, the Last Hope was MVP. Ultimate twice. Sideboard MVP was Leyline of the Void and Sanctity. Sanctity was great vs Depths. Void was great vs Breach.

Brisbane Legacy regular
    Jan 2009
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Wilkin, just putting together your list. No love for Silent Clearing (the BW Horizon Canopy) as a one-of?

Brisbane Legacy regular
    Jan 2009
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Round 4. 4 color (not white) astrolabe. Lose 2-0
    Blue Green Titan and 6 mana Chandra are among the cards here. He didn't cast Chandra at all but did cast Blue green titan a few times. GG. Got out valued hard.

Round 7. 4 color (not white) astrolabe. Lose 2-1
    Game 1. Lilly, last hope ends up ultimating for me.
    Game 2 and 3 I lose the attrition game. Oko, Leovold, blue green titan etc.
    Also, what's this four colour not white Astrolabe deck? I haven't heard of it and can't seem to find it on The Council.

Quote Originally Posted by pandaman View Post
    Also, what's this four colour not white Astrolabe deck? I haven't heard of it and can't seem to find it on The Council.
    There are a ton of astrolabe lists out there. The decklist from the event I played isn't out yet. I'm sure there are close enough lists out on TC decks. Because you can play anything in those lists, there's going to be a bunch of variation out there. But I have seen some lists with that blue green titan out there.

No room for clearing. Don't know what I would cut for a Clearing. I like the manabase I use atm. The last change I made was to put in a Castle Lochtwain and took out the Shambling Vent. In terms of card draw for a land, IMO Castle is way better than Clearing. Clearing is a one time use. I've had games where I've used Castle multiple times.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Guys, I have a crazy deck idea. Thinks is for the UGx controll meta that are in locals. Anti-Veil of summer tech. Also to be able to Hymn in draw step seems sweet

https://scryfall.com/@Ganfar/decks/0...f-788c8703a70e

4 Arcum's Astrolabe
    1 Council's Judgment
    4 Dark Confidant
    1 Batterskull
    3 Hymn to Tourach
    1 Karakas
    2 Lingering Souls
    4 Marsh Flats
    4 Scrubland
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Thoughtseize
    3 Tidehollow Sculler
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Wasteland
    2 Snow-Covered Plains
    4 Snow-Covered Swamp
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope
    1 Tundra
    1 Vindicate
    3 Teferi, Time Raveler

// Sideboard
    1 Diabolic Edict
    1 Disenchant
    1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    1 Kaya, Ghost Assassin
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Surgical Extraction
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Zealous Persecution
    1 Mirran Crusader
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Mirran Crusader
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post
    Guys, I have a crazy deck idea. Thinks is for the UGx controll meta that are in locals. Anti-Veil of summer tech. Also to be able to Hymn in draw step seems sweet

https://scryfall.com/@Ganfar/decks/0...f-788c8703a70e

4 Arcum's Astrolabe
    1 Council's Judgment
    4 Dark Confidant
    1 Batterskull
    3 Hymn to Tourach
    1 Karakas
    2 Lingering Souls
    4 Marsh Flats
    4 Scrubland
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Thoughtseize
    3 Tidehollow Sculler
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Wasteland
    2 Snow-Covered Plains
    4 Snow-Covered Swamp
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope
    1 Tundra
    1 Vindicate
    3 Teferi, Time Raveler

// Sideboard
    1 Diabolic Edict
    1 Disenchant
    1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    1 Kaya, Ghost Assassin
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Surgical Extraction
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Zealous Persecution
    1 Mirran Crusader
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Mirran Crusader
    I think 3Feri is a smart inclusion, it definitely can solve some problematic matchups. I think you are missing some surprise factor in your sideboard though, simply because you can play Dovin's Veto and get some really big blowouts. It has a lot of application across several matchups from combo to control.

I'm not sold on 3 copies of Tidehollow Sculler, and that is coming from someone that absolutely loves the card. I think it's a little better to get the count of Lingering Souls higher to protect your PW's (I understand Sculler can do that as well.) Maybe -1 Sculler, +1 Souls. With Bob, Astrolabe, and Teferi you're going to be drawing a lot of extra cards every game, which means you should hit your land drops reliably. Lingering Souls is your best payoff for having extra lands, allowing you to play it and flash it back, or some combination of playing it and equipping the same turn. EDIT: looking closer at the curve, I can see why you would favor it the other way. You have a lot of 3-drops in the deck, higher than normal for a Confidant-based deck.

I wouldn't think Sorin, Solemn Visitor would be bad here either. I've always liked the card for it's ability to apply pressure to the control decks, quickens the clock, and provides some big additional lifegain if you're in a racing situation.
    Brainstorm Realist

http://magic.facetofacegames.com/sho...cle-in-legacy/

The deck lists are up for the legacy tournament I was in. The 3rd place is the 4 color list that I lost to in swiss and in the quarters.

Minor mistake, I play 3 Leyline of the Void in the board, for some reason it's listed as 2.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    I think 3Feri is a smart inclusion, it definitely can solve some problematic matchups. I think you are missing some surprise factor in your sideboard though, simply because you can play Dovin's Veto and get some really big blowouts. It has a lot of application across several matchups from combo to control.

I'm not sold on 3 copies of Tidehollow Sculler, and that is coming from someone that absolutely loves the card. I think it's a little better to get the count of Lingering Souls higher to protect your PW's (I understand Sculler can do that as well.) Maybe -1 Sculler, +1 Souls. With Bob, Astrolabe, and Teferi you're going to be drawing a lot of extra cards every game, which means you should hit your land drops reliably. Lingering Souls is your best payoff for having extra lands, allowing you to play it and flash it back, or some combination of playing it and equipping the same turn. EDIT: looking closer at the curve, I can see why you would favor it the other way. You have a lot of 3-drops in the deck, higher than normal for a Confidant-based deck.

I wouldn't think Sorin, Solemn Visitor would be bad here either. I've always liked the card for it's ability to apply pressure to the control decks, quickens the clock, and provides some big additional lifegain if you're in a racing situation.
    I have a lot of 3 drops already and don't see if I can fit Lingering Souls.

I feel Gidde, Ally of the Zendikar is better. With Teferi on the field, he can attack for 5 with out any worries

Dovin's Veto would be cool to have
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Thread Information