Page 277 of 319 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,540 of 6380

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    Nah. Liliana of the Veil is too good vs both fair and unfair decks. If I were to fit in Liliana, the Last Hope it would be in the sideboard. Too bad the new Liliana, Death's Majesty is one mana IMHO too high for us to play.
    Last Hope in sideboard seems nice. In more grind matchups with lots of x/1s. Like elves and D&T

I went 3-2 with my deck a few days ago. Same list that I have posted.

2-1 4 color pyro delver

Game1: Got wasteout and had only two lands. He played wrong he could won faster.
    Game2: I get a stoneforge with batterskull. Batterskull won me the game
    Game3: solid keep. Waited to fetch because of stifle. He didn't flip delver for 3 turns. Fetch to test the water to plow his delver. I get a Bob out and grind him out

0-2 UR Prowess
    Game1: I almost get stable with a batterskull but two Stormmages get prowess 5. Killed tidehollow to bring back fireblast
    Game2: we trade cards 1-1. Liliana was good to strip the hand and I got to kill both strom and grim the next turn.
    After he kill my liliana he drew devil and draw 3 cards. I was behind the game after that

1-2 4-color delver
    Game1: keep a hand with wasteland and scrubland goodstuff. But he waste my colorlands and draw only wasteland
    Game2:
    Deathrite to wastland bob. He has only a delver out. Bob draws me cards and i win. Lingering souls were good but he had EE
    Game 3:
    2 ChromeMox in starthand. Should mulligan

2-1 four grxixs delver

Game1: dont remember
    Game2: Pass the turn, plays delver. I sword it but got daze. Get to play turn 2 bob. Starts to take over the after that

2-1 BR reamintor

Game1: Keep a hand with 2 deatrhrite, lingering souls, thoughtseize, chrom mox and two lands.
    Plays dearthrite. I was thinking to play chrom mox on deathrite to thoughtsezie. Big mistake, Turn 1 griselbrand. I sword it but but he gets another one. I just stall the match
    Game2: he unmask me and see surgial and bridge. He scoops
    Game3: he mulls to 5. He plays his whole hand to reimat griselbrand. i have surgial and feire macbreber. He scoops

This tourment went alright. I can win against 4-color delver deck if I can get to keep my lands. I usally win ifI get 4 lands out. I keep hands with only two landers and didn't draw my 3rd one in time.

Chrome Mox has been good sometimes but most of the time it's worst then a land. I will test my deck with thorse changes:
    -2 Chrome Mox
    -Karakas
    -batterskull
    + 2 Grim Flayer
    + Savannah
    + windswpt hearth

https://deckstats.net/deck-12886188-...a57f0a383.html
    Last edited by Ganfar; 04-17-2017 at 06:48 AM.
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

The banning seems to affect few deadguy ale players main.

Mirakels was still 50/50 matchup for us and hold back some combo decks and elves. I don't know if the meta change will affact us. Some think midrange will be worst with more combo decks rising.

We will see more elves at least so a ZP in main is not a bad idea.
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

We lost SDT too. Maybe bringing in a Library is acceptable.

If fewer players have maindeck full 4 Abrupt Decay, then our LSouls and equipments would be stronger.
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

I am so glad right now, that I decided against using sdt when I updated my decklist a few months ago. Tough luck for all of you who used it :/

I have been running Deadguy with 2 Tops for some time and the time issue was a real struggle for me. I'm almost relieved.

Has anyone messed around or thought about Smuggler's Copter to fill in as card selection? I'm trying to avoid green beyond DRS activation, so no Sylvan Library.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post
    We will see more elves at least so a ZP in main is not a bad idea.
    Need to go back to 4 dark rituals, 2 maindeck e-plagues like original pikula honestly
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Need to go back to 4 dark rituals, 2 maindeck e-plagues like original pikula honestly
    I'm down
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

MTGO name: Aggro4Life

Aug 2016
    Arizona, USA

I was planning to take this list to my Legacy 4-rounder tonight. The Chrome Mox idea intrigues me. What looks good to cut If I wanted 1-2 Moxen?

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
    We lost SDT too. Maybe bringing in a Library is acceptable.

If fewer players have maindeck full 4 Abrupt Decay, then our LSouls and equipments would be stronger.
    I have a Library in my main for a while now. That card has been gas and it will stay in main for a while

I have been thinking of Smuggler's Copter. The issue is that with Stoneforge, equips are better to have. But feel free and try Copter :) Just tell me the result afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by MDHackbert View Post
    I was planning to take this list to my Legacy 4-rounder tonight. The Chrome Mox idea intrigues me. What looks good to cut If I wanted 1-2 Moxen?
    I have tried Moxen in 2-3 tourment and I feel it's okey. If the meta is lot of combo and fast decks, the mox would be good. But if the meta is grindy, I wounldn't play with mox.

What is To The Slughter in sideboard? Is Diabloic Edict just better?

MTGO name: Aggro4Life

Aug 2016
    Arizona, USA

TtS can hit lone PW. If i don't see much, that would def. become another D. Edict.

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

Apr 2017
    Texas

I'm very excited to see what happens to our deck moving forward.

I'm a bit sad that I'm having to re-buy most of my stuff after a brutal car-jacking... the assholes ended up with my Scrublands/Bayou and other shit. Set me back quite a bit but I have still been tuning/brewing.

Question: Does Bitterblossom have any room in the list these days? (as a two or three-of max)

I used to run it as a two-of along side three L-Souls and they definitely added some resilience to the deck but that could have just been in my local meta which seemed to be Delver-heavy so spot removal was a real thing. BB helped out quite a bit in keeping the pressure on through the field of snipers.

(Also - would anyone here be able to help me put together the strongest list possible from the cards I currently own? Not looking at a tier deck by any means, just something solid I can jam with against my bro's FoW decks. I can PM my stuff and we can mash something together. Having my cards stolen has been a massive heart & headache... anyway, it'd be greatly appreciated!)

::ninja vanish!::

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy_Eyes View Post
    I'm very excited to see what happens to our deck moving forward.

I'm a bit sad that I'm having to re-buy most of my stuff after a brutal car-jacking... the assholes ended up with my Scrublands/Bayou and other shit. Set me back quite a bit but I have still been tuning/brewing.

Question: Does Bitterblossom have any room in the list these days? (as a two or three-of max)

I used to run it as a two-of along side three L-Souls and they definitely added some resilience to the deck but that could have just been in my local meta which seemed to be Delver-heavy so spot removal was a real thing. BB helped out quite a bit in keeping the pressure on through the field of snipers.

(Also - would anyone here be able to help me put together the strongest list possible from the cards I currently own? Not looking at a tier deck by any means, just something solid I can jam with against my bro's FoW decks. I can PM my stuff and we can mash something together. Having my cards stolen has been a massive heart & headache... anyway, it'd be greatly appreciated!)

::ninja vanish!::
    I love Bitterblossom, but I won't take it unless Abrupt Decays in the meta begin to decrease significantly.

It was no longer "very hard to remove" after RTR, and fuel enemy Goyf badly.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

As miracles gone, Kaya seems subpar. Liliana LH is OK, but better in sideboard.

Apr 2017
    Texas

True. Guess I'm jumping the gun a little bit in expecting less Decays.
    I guess our she'll hasn't changed much in a while, so experimenting won't be such a pain.

Kaya has always performed when I've run her in various B/W builds. She does almost everything we'd want her to do. Lili, Last Hope has been a huge boon against creature decks and has single-handedly given me wins VS the usual suspects (D&T, elves, etc). Big fan of no more than 2x in the 75. Shit, even her middle ability can get some mileage if we absolutely need to use it, but that's not really Plan A.

Someone suggested trying Brimaz in Bladehold's slot but he always has been rather slow feeling. I just can't see wins coming from a resolved Brimaz like Bladehold... going all-in with a stuck Bladehold usually shakes the board up at worst.

I love the idea of Dashed Hopes though. That card makes me a happy caster. Will have to play around with it here.

Also, since my Bayou was jacked, any hardcore downside to replacing it with the BG shock for the time being? I only ran 1x so I don't mind using a single shock as a placeholder until a time to get another Bayou.
    Dead Guy Ale // Burn
    Delver/Pyro // Turbo Fish!

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

TtS can hit lone PW. If i don't see much, that would def. become another D. Edict.

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk
    What match with planeswalker will you sideboard in against? Sharless BUG that have lots of cretures.

When you sideborad a edcit, it's against a deck with BIG cretures (12-post, mud, sneak attack and reminator). They usally don't play with any planeswalkers.

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy_Eyes View Post
    I always like Blossom, but you have two options when running it:
    -Run Goyf
    -Run delve dudes

The pump is real and that's honestly it's main drawback. IME it's better than Souls most of the time. Souls has minor tempo gain, works with discard, etc.. but they each have advantages. Blossom, in a world that is going to have loadsa sweepers again, doesn't die to sweepers (except deed lol.)

My experience with Esper the other day was that Tombstalker is amazing. I really *really* recommend going that way. No one is running flyers and everyone is capitalizing on TNN. Problem with TNN is it doesn't block a flying 5/5. Neither does Infect or any of the other fat people are pushing.

Tombstalker beats or trades with every dude in the format, ignores all but White removal, which is pretty handy at the moment, and the only flyers you have to deal with are in D&T and Delver decks (or DGA/Junk..) I'm recommending Tombstalker all over the place right now because his castability and performance was the real deal. Flying is a big deal at the moment, and being the biggest baddy never hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

I agree on Tombstalker. As long as your deck can get BB, he's a house. Not great to flip to Dark Confidant though. I always found it odd that Grixis Delver was all about Gurmag Angler over Tombstalker but I guess they don't run enough black sources for BB?

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Quote Originally Posted by hovercraft View Post
    I agree on Tombstalker. As long as your deck can get BB, he's a house. Not great to flip to Dark Confidant though. I always found it odd that Grixis Delver was all about Gurmag Angler over Tombstalker but I guess they don't run enough black sources for BB?
    I think they've gotten bitten enough times in Delver V Delver MUs or something. Some of them run it.
    Personally I had no issues in Esper yesterday, with my black sources being DRS, 3 USea, and a Scrubland. Casted him every time I saw him. Sadly, one bit the dust blocking a Noble Hierarch (Invigorate, as the Hierarch could potentially present Lethal.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

I'm probably going to cut an Abrupt Decay in the sideboard for a Fatal Push. It's not a huge change but I want another 1 mana kill spell for Deathrite Shaman. Not sure what else I'm going to do until I see how things change.

I do wonder if people are going to try out Soothsaying in place of Sensei's Divining Top in Miracles. I may also cut a Shriekmaw for something else as I think there could be more Shamans in mana decks. Elves. Czech Pile. Food Chain. Aluren.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    I'm probably going to cut an Abrupt Decay in the sideboard for a Fatal Push. It's not a huge change but I want another 1 mana kill spell for Deathrite Shaman. Not sure what else I'm going to do until I see how things change.

I do wonder if people are going to try out Soothsaying in place of Sensei's Divining Top in Miracles. I may also cut a Shriekmaw for something else as I think there could be more Shamans in mana decks. Elves. Czech Pile. Food Chain. Aluren.
    There is too huge raw card-powerlevel gap between SDT and Saying. Such direct replacement would only make a...tier 5 deck.

Thread Information