Page 312 of 319 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,240 of 6380

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    http://magic.facetofacegames.com/sho...cle-in-legacy/

The deck lists are up for the legacy tournament I was in. The 3rd place is the 4 color list that I lost to in swiss and in the quarters.

Minor mistake, I play 3 Leyline of the Void in the board, for some reason it's listed as 2.
    Lam has given up his standstills for impulses huh? :(

Also if you are including blue in your deck it should start with 4x brainstorm full stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Lam has given up his standstills for impulses huh? :(

Also if you are including blue in your deck it should start with 4x brainstorm full stop.
    He does have 4x Brainstorm though.

That being said, I'm pretty sure Lam is just Good At Magic™, so he could probably win a good bit with just a ham sandwich. What I really love about Lam (even when he isn't on Standstill) is that I think every list he plays with starts at 2x Counterspell. Oh, be still my heart...

That being said, I like the list Wilken, once i spring for some showcase Murderous Riders, I'll probably give the list a whirl. Chrome Moxes aren't my favorite, but even so, the list looks solid and likely are a "necessary" evil.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

With Plague Engineer being a thing, I'd much rather run Gideon, Ally of Zendikar over Sorin, Lord of Innistrad.

Yeah I was a bit surprised to see Lam without Standstill. But I did see old favorite Dust Bowl in there. There are 4 Brainstorm in there. Lam can play some wacky cards but doesn't go full crazy. Of note though, there are no Ponder or Preordain in the list, Impulse took the cantrip spot over those 2.

Thanks. I'm ok with my Deadguy List atm. Crossing my fingers the next set will give me something I can use. Lol, I always do but am usually disappointed. But I did get Murderous Rider and Castle Locthwain. Problem is other decks got much much better cards. Chrome Mox IMO is a necessary evil to gain some acceleration. Casting turn 1 bob, turn 2 Liliana, turn 3 other Liliana is quite fun to do to someone.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    He does have 4x Brainstorm though.

That being said, I'm pretty sure Lam is just Good At Magic™, so he could probably win a good bit with just a ham sandwich. What I really love about Lam (even when he isn't on Standstill) is that I think every list he plays with starts at 2x Counterspell. Oh, be still my heart...

That being said, I like the list Wilken, once i spring for some showcase Murderous Riders, I'll probably give the list a whirl. Chrome Moxes aren't my favorite, but even so, the list looks solid and likely are a "necessary" evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    With Plague Engineer being a thing, I'd much rather run Gideon, Ally of Zendikar over Sorin, Lord of Innistrad.

Yeah I was a bit surprised to see Lam without Standstill. But I did see old favorite Dust Bowl in there. There are 4 Brainstorm in there. Lam can play some wacky cards but doesn't go full crazy. Of note though, there are no Ponder or Preordain in the list, Impulse took the cantrip spot over those 2.

Thanks. I'm ok with my Deadguy List atm. Crossing my fingers the next set will give me something I can use. Lol, I always do but am usually disappointed. But I did get Murderous Rider and Castle Locthwain. Problem is other decks got much much better cards. Chrome Mox IMO is a necessary evil to gain some acceleration. Casting turn 1 bob, turn 2 Liliana, turn 3 other Liliana is quite fun to do to someone.
    Meant the 4x brainstorm comment at the folks wanting to splash for teferi. My brain farted and I forgot to quote the post. My bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

I went 3-1 with my Teferi Ale

Won:
    Merfolk
    Elves
    DUB Lands

Lost:
    Green Cloudpost

This is not the meta that I susoected, I tought there were going to be more Bant decks. Teferi was alright but didn't improve the matchups I meet in the Legacy Weekly.
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Hello All:

I have a new angle to explore.
    Sevinne's Reclamation is a great card and is cohesive with the gameplan created by our typical card pool. I think we could lean a little further into it for some pretty great results, but I'd like to consult all of you for ideas.

Creatures (or tokens):
    Dark Confidant
    Stoneforge Mystic
    Bitterblossom
    Plague Engineer
    Murderous Rider
    Lingering Souls
    Palace Jailer

Planeswalkers/Value Engines:

Liliana of the Veil
    Liliana, the Last Hope
    Kaya, the Ghost Assassin
    Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
    Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    Crucible of Worlds

Spells:
    Thoughtseize
    Hymn to Tourach
    Swords to Plowshares
    Vindicate
    Liliana's Triumph
    X>1 copies of Sevinne's Reclamation
    Collective Brutality
    Cabal Therapy

Mana Acceleration

Lotus Petal
    Chrome Mox

Lands:

Wasteland
    Marsh Flats
    Scrubland
    Silent Clearing
    Swamp
    Plains
    Prismatic Vista
    Karakas
    Castle Locthwain

My thinking is that we can lean a bit into harder into the "get your opponent hellbent plan" and focus a little bit more on breaking the symmetry via Crucible and Sevinne's and, as is tradition, Lingering Souls. A copy or two of Cabal Therapy could fit in nicely.

Obviously Veil is huge problem for our deck, but as a Pox player, I think you can stretch its coverage thin enough such that it's effect is minimized (hopefully).

Additionally, I'm hoping that eventually Orzhov gets an Eternal Witness so we can pair it with Kaya.

Quote Originally Posted by ClimbGneiss View Post
    Hello All:

I have a new angle to explore.
    Sevinne's Reclamation is a great card and is cohesive with the gameplan created by our typical card pool. I think we could lean a little further into it for some pretty great results, but I'd like to consult all of you for ideas.
    There is no room. Our CMC 3 Slots are already kinda clunky, making Chrome Mox a necessary evil. Also, I do not see how it is cohesive with our gameplan. our gameplan is to disrupt early, establish Card Advantage and thus board dominance, and then ride to victory with tokens or hatebears. Reclamation does next to nothing for the disruption plan because a) It doesn´t affect instants and sorceries and b) It´s too slow since it costs three mana.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

I have made some testing with Arcum's Astrolabe for Deadguy Ale and first come up with Esper. But I wanted to try something else with Arcum's Astrolabe for the deck. One of my good friend come up with the idea with add Red with Goblin Engineer. He made a list and then I started to modify it a bit.

Creatures (18)

4 Dark Confidant
    4 Goblin Engineer
    3 Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Tidehollow Sculler

Planeswalkers (2)

2 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast

Artifacts (9)

4 Arcum's Astrolabe
    1 Ichor Wellspring
    1 Smuggler's Copter
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Batterskull

Instants (4)

4 Swords to Plowshares

Sorceries (5)

4 Thoughtseize
    1 Vindicate
    Lands (22)

2 Arid Mesa
    2 Badlands
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Karakas
    4 Marsh Flats
    1 Plateau
    2 Scrubland
    1 Snow-Covered Mountain
    2 Snow-Covered Plains
    3 Snow-Covered Swamp
    2 Wasteland

Sideboard (15)

1 Liliana's Triumph
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Plague Engineer
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Disenchant
    2 Blood Moon
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Ethersworn Canonist

I have mosyly gone 3-2 in MTGO league, mostly I am not 100% sure how to play the deck yet.

The new cards:

Goblin Engineer are the new main dark in the deck. It works well with Arcum's Astrolabe and Tidehollow Scruller. I am abel to put Tidehollow Scruller in the graveyard and then put in play on thier draw step! I can also in response to an Tidehollow scruller trigger activate Goblin Engineer, to remoce an card forever. I can also bring back Equipment that was removed

Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast makes the Goblin Engineer tick and are a good value planeswalker.

Smuggler's Copter becomes a playabel card in the deck with the Golbin. I was abel to stall the game out against Lands with returning Copter ocer and over

Ichor Wellspring are loose atm, It can bring good value but seems to slow for the deck.

Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger are nice reach and solo threat. I think I should go down to 2 because I can't cast it from the graveyard more then once per game.

The sideboard will access to Red Element Plats and Blood Moon to cvombat our worst matchups, Lands and BLue Controll

This deck need more testing but it seems nice atm!
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post
    Stuff
    It Looks really nice! Please report if you did some testing. I bet it won´t feel anything like dga anymore, tho. I´ll probably miss the Hymns, Lilianas and Lingering souls, if I went that route.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    It Looks really nice! Please report if you did some testing. I bet it won´t feel anything like dga anymore, tho. I´ll probably miss the Hymns, Lilianas and Lingering souls, if I went that route.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. This has the core of DGA still

I will be streaming with the deck in 5 mins:
    https://www.twitch.tv/ganfar

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Deck looks dangerous.. I'll check the stream later btw, very nice!

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

I have gone 2-3, 2-3 and 3-2.

The deck is better against combo and big mana decks, it has a lockout with Goblin Engeener and Tidehollow. But it feels less aginst the RUG Delver decks, that is the deck I usally good against.

There is my regular BW atm:
    https://scryfall.com/@Ganfar/decks/4...f-0b556fddd47e

Here is my next brew, without Goblin Engeener but with red:
    https://scryfall.com/@Ganfar/decks/6...7-e5c9cb040178

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post
    I have gone 2-3, 2-3 and 3-2.

The deck is better against combo and big mana decks, it has a lockout with Goblin Engeener and Tidehollow. But it feels less aginst the RUG Delver decks, that is the deck I usally good against.

There is my regular BW atm:
    https://scryfall.com/@Ganfar/decks/4...f-0b556fddd47e

Here is my next brew, without Goblin Engeener but with red:
    https://scryfall.com/@Ganfar/decks/6...7-e5c9cb040178
    Hm. I was hoping, that this is the new secret op build.

I am not so sure about the new brew. Goblin engineer seemed to be the enabler, that made tidehollow work. recurring astrolabes sounded sweet too.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Hm. I was hoping, that this is the new secret op build.

I am not so sure about the new brew. Goblin engineer seemed to be the enabler, that made tidehollow work. recurring astrolabes sounded sweet too.
    It is sweet with Goblin Engineer and Tidehollow, but Goblin Engineer are a bit slow to get something sweet then just get a combo piece.

I will stream without it today to see how it goes.

Sep 2011

Both the Kroxa and non-Kroxa lists could be tweaked to accomodate Lurrus of the Dream-Den very easily. I'm surprised it hasn't been discussed here.

Lurrus allows a trick with Goblin Engineer and Tidehollow Sculler.

Cast Engineer for Tidehollow
    Cast Tidehollow from graveyard using Lurrus. In response to ETB trigger, sac it to Engineer to return Mishra's Bauble/Astrolabe. Tidehollow exiles the card permanently.
    Repeat next turn.

Since Lurrus starts in the Companion zone and Engineer tutors for Tidehollow, you only need to draw Goblin Engineer and have some dead artifact to make this work.

Lurrus is also good at looping Hope of Ghirapur, which is incidentally a great self-sacrificing artifact to loop with Engineer+Tidehollow.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

My copies are in the mail and haven't had much chance to test anything.
    But yes to everything you're saying.

People are coming around to just running Lurrus MD and going crazy with value type decks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Anyone still running Deadguy or some version of it with Lurrus these days? LOL. I'm not. Just playing Pauper atm. Companions are such a huge mistake. It made Oko, Astrolabe, Uro look like nothing IMHO.

It's like an Arms race. And you need a really good reason why you aren't running a companion. Ugh. Also annoyed at the designer response to this issue. I find Maro is very condescending at times. Like his answer to True Name Nemesis being an issue. Not sure what the solution to the problem is atm, other than banning them. And I really hope they don't print more companions. If you can fit in any companion without screwing with your deck, it's better to run the companion, even if it's janky since it's a free 8th card.

I think the changes I'd make in the board if I were to still play, is taking out the Liliana's Triumph for a Path to Exile and maybe another Nihil Spellbomb in there somewhere. I did play a few times vs Lurrus Delver and I was able to use GY hate to limit the damage.

So, I am not so sure about the whole companion thing. Obviously, many of them are strong cards. But it feels, like it´s a bit like when planeswalkers were introduced first: Everyone had to cram one into their deck and to this day, planeswalkers, which have been expanded on in every expansion ever since, are a thing in many decks. including deadguy ale. Were they inherently bad for the game? i don´t think so.

Now, with dga, we lose batterskull and sofai. This devalues stoneforge mystic. Also, no more Lilianas, which makes me kinda sad. Only time will tell, if this is worth it. personally, I am still experimenting with kroxa lists, which may fit the concept.

How about something like this:

Lands (20)
    2 Badlands
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Marsh Flats
    1 Plateau
    3 Scrubland
    1 Snow-Covered Mountain
    3 Snow-Covered Plains
    3 Snow-Covered Swamp
    1 Vault of Whispers

Artifacts (7)
    4 Arcum's Astrolabe
    1 Ichor Wellspring
    1 Smuggler's Copter
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

Instants (4)
    4 Swords to Plowshares

Sorceries (11)
    3 Collective Brutality
    4 Thoughtseize
    2 Unearth
    2 Vindicate

Creatures (18)
    3 Cruel Celebrant
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Goblin Engineer
    4 Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger
    3 Tidehollow Sculler

Sideboard: Lurrus

Ichor Wellspring feels slow sometimes. Unearth and Cruel Celebrant are Placeholders. I´d like another value artifact creature with cmc 2. Any ideas? Also, I´d like to fit in 1-2 Chrome Mox. For acceleration early on and to sac them later on. The random Vault of Whispers is the idea to have an emergency sac outlet for engineer. Then again, I´m not sure if I have enough artifacts to justify sacrificing a land.
    Thoughts? This obviously is a work in progress.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

I've been having a blast with Lurrus in the main.
    Outside of opposing Karakas, seems like many decks Companion defense is build on a once-and-done mentality, so playing your second Lurrus really perturbs some players.
    Getting to untap with him is pretty backbreaking, as that's the point when I'm generally stalled after losing early Dark Confidants or a SFM before I can put out an equipment.
    The rest of the deck isn't fundamentally changed, none of the Bauble nonsense to reduce the potency of the other cards, so even if they effectively answer Lurrus, the rest of the deck is still solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    I've been having a blast with Lurrus in the main.
    Outside of opposing Karakas, seems like many decks Companion defense is build on a once-and-done mentality, so playing your second Lurrus really perturbs some players.
    Getting to untap with him is pretty backbreaking, as that's the point when I'm generally stalled after losing early Dark Confidants or a SFM before I can put out an equipment.
    The rest of the deck isn't fundamentally changed, none of the Bauble nonsense to reduce the potency of the other cards, so even if they effectively answer Lurrus, the rest of the deck is still solid.
    So you aren't playing a Companion, just multiple Lurrus?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thread Information