Page 298 of 320 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,960 of 6383

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Well I'm stoked of bans for this deck as I don't think DRS was that big of a help overall and this makes WB more valuable of a pair. I don't think necessarily getting ramp into deck in its stead is the right direction though we'll see how the meta adjusts. I always had in back of my mind what Jeff Hoogland played about a year ago when he was on a 2 month or so bend on DGA in legacy (culminating in video on Prof's channel). He wrote this primer that likely got referenced before:

http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/

Also here is probably the best league he did (5-1 Legacy Challenge) with what I saw as the finalized list (in description):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYTetn5GE1g

He only tested DRS as people pushed him and he was not a fan. He also tended to hedge more against hosing GY decks hence the use of tidehollow over hymn. Took chrome mox out after it didn't perform very well. The mana base was fairly consistent (2 wasteland 0 vindicate this was not a LD deck version). Kaya was probably the MVP in side along with Surgical and he made use of the bayou to play teegs as well. The MD deluges were for elves and tokens largely. He's going to be streaming legacy again end of week and I expect DGA will get a play soon.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Part_timeMTG View Post
    If you are considering Deadeye Tracker, wouldn't Withered Wretch be a consideration for that effect? I don't know how relevant exiling two cards at a time are compared to one but the cost for that effect is cheaper.
    It's not only the exile effect I want this. I just want a one drop replacement for DRS. The only one drop I found is Mother of Runes but I don't want 4 of them in my deck. Deadeye Tracjer is my second one I found
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Jul 2013
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post
    It's not only the exile effect I want this. I just want a one drop replacement for DRS. The only one drop I found is Mother of Runes but I don't want 4 of them in my deck. Deadeye Tracjer is my second one I found
    This also filters which I feel like some people are missing. We don't have Top anymore either. Has GY synergy for Souls and Therapy if you run it. I think it's close but 1B for the effect will be tough.

Honestly, I do think this deck is well-positioned, at least for the time being... It's got a good RUG matchup and has gotten some new toys over the past 6 years.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Why are y'all so intent on playing bad cards? If you want yard hate just play a relic or spellbomb maindeck. Even if they aren't good in the matchup, atleast they replace themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Why are y'all so intent on playing bad cards? If you want yard hate just play a relic or spellbomb maindeck. Even if they aren't good in the matchup, atleast they replace themselves.
    I don't know if the card is bad or good yet before I test it.

And again it's not to have gravehat I have this card. I want a one drop that can give me some value. Deadeye Tracker is the only one I found and I think it can work.
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Why don't you play Judge's Familiar? Has good application on the trending meta, flying goes great with equipment.

Im actually kind of intrigued by this option...will need to do some testing

Why don't you play Judge's Familiar? Has good application on the trending meta, flying goes great with equipment.

Judge's Familiar. Hmm....That's an interesting one.

As for Deadeye, it's a mana sieve IMO. So let's say you cast it turn 1. What's the likelihood that you use the ability immediately or try and advance your board state (Plow a creature, cast Bob etc.)?
    Sure, if you reveal a land, you get card advantage and if you reveal say Lingering Souls you get +1/+1 and get to cast Souls later for B1. But that's pretty medirocre for a turn 2 play. IMO

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

That's not a bad idea! Maybe two Mother of Runes and 2 Judge's Familiar. Thanks A Bee!

That's not a bad idea! Maybe two Mother of Runes and 2 Judge's Familiar. Thanks A Bee!
    I hope it tests well.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

To summeris the 1 drops that we can replace with Deathrite

1. Mother of Runes

Pro: We know how good Mother is. Protect Bob and Stoneforge for value
    Con: Can never attack almost all the time and really bad agansit combo decks

2. Judge's Familiar

Pro: It can attack and protect bob and stoneforge. It can buy time against combo decks. The opponent has to play around it. It can stop sweepers
    Con: Big mana decks and combo elves

Con: Untested and the oppoent can play around it.

3. Dryad Militant

Pro: 2/1. Attacks for 2 is strong. Stops Snapcaster decks and Strom combo decks
    Con: Just a 2/1 in other matchups

4. Deadeye Tracker

Pro: Value and gravehat in one card. Can get bigger. Can do something when there is stale boradsate
    Con: Big Cost to activate (Tap and 2 mana) and most of the time maybe just 1/1.

5. More 1 mana discard

Play IoK or Cabal Therey
    Pro: More discard in the opening hand
    Con: Less cretures in the deck

My hope is that when we go back to ravnica, they print a relevant 1cmc orzhov creature, preferably one that costs w/b. Just maybe not something so overpowered as DRS.

To replace Deathrite Shaman, could we tweak the list and run 4 Birds of Paradise?

The card is almost useless, except for blocking. Unless, we make room for walkers that pump our armies, and/or we include more equipment which pump the power of the the creature.

So, we would be looking at Sorin, Lord of Innistrad, Gideon, Ally of Zendikar, Sword of Feast and Famine in addition to Sword of Fire and Ice. Other niche options include Gavony Township.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by ClimbGneiss View Post
    To replace Deathrite Shaman, could we tweak the list and run 4 Birds of Paradise?

The card is almost useless, except for blocking. Unless, we make room for walkers that pump our armies, and/or we include more equipment which pump the power of the the creature.

So, we would be looking at Sorin, Lord of Innistrad, Gideon, Ally of Zendikar, Sword of Feast and Famine in addition to Sword of Fire and Ice. Other niche options include Gavony Township.
    Birds is not the deck needs. This will make the deck more into green for a small thing. Remeber that Deathrite was black creture in the deck that gave us mana.

If I wanted to have Birds in it I rather go for Maverick deck.

Guys mother of runes is the only way, there is no better 1cmc creature right now. P.s birds of parwdise is not good at all i this type od deck.
    I remember deadyale with mother of runes confidant mirran crusader equps and discards ... that is whatthe deck only needs... when comes to postboard then do whatever it takes to win the 2nd game. Mirran crusader or tombstalker is somting that the decks need to get pass trought the blocks so the mother of runes dont need to activate... we cant really only on equips someyimes... hope for th best the deck is like that. :)
    Hope i helped in some way

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Leonides View Post
    Guys mother of runes is the only way, there is no better 1cmc creature right now. P.s birds of parwdise is not good at all i this type od deck.
    I remember deadyale with mother of runes confidant mirran crusader equps and discards ... that is whatthe deck only needs... when comes to postboard then do whatever it takes to win the 2nd game. Mirran crusader or tombstalker is somting that the decks need to get pass trought the blocks so the mother of runes dont need to activate... we cant really only on equips someyimes... hope for th best the deck is like that. :)
    Hope i helped in some way
    I feel Judge's Familiar is too untested. As I said we know Mother can be good but Judge's Familiar can be more helpful in other matchups.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Mother is by default the next best. After that there's maybe arguments for Weathered Wayfarer like nedleeds suggested to me. We couldn't really think of any other 1 drop dudes worth playing. His list he went 3-1 last night with while everyone played on gentleman's agreement seemed solid. Kitesail Freebooter was much better than sculler especially with equipment and mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Since we lost our accelerations, maybe half the CMC3+ cards need to be cut.
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

I feel Judge's Familiar is too untested. As I said we know Mother can be good but Judge's Familiar can be more helpful in other matchups.
    I tried out a 2/3 split of judges familiar/ mom this weekend. Tested a bunch against UR delver, ub standstill, and death and taxes. The familiars were fine, but since i wasnt playing against any fast combo, they were often just 1/1 flying beaters. They slow the opponent down a little, but weren't the most thrilling card of all time. That said they werent bad, and carry equipment fine so ill continue to tweak my list around them a bit to see if some other adjustments help.

Anyway all 3 matches felt tight but manageable pre-board, so i feel like im off to a good start. Biggest issue was mana being slightly tight/awkward, but thats hardly surprising in a post drs world.

Ive also established brightling is too mana greedy as a finisher. Will revert to mirran crusader i think.

Mirran crusader in desdguy ale is awsome i have never stoped playong 1 or 2 or split mirran amd tombstalker.
    famililar should be good against combos but i dont see that is somthing that can help a lot. I am a big fan of mother of runes in main couse of its versatility and consistency.

Thread Information