Page 251 of 320 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 6383

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

That match up is why I kept upping the number of rest in peace in my side board. My advice is to try to keep them off of grove or other red sources with your wasteland/vindicate. Slows them down from recur and cast in the same turn which can allow you time to stick a SOFAI on a dude or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Jund is tough; almost every our unequipmented creature is in the range of PFire. We often need a timely equipment to win.

I don't know why the Jund Primer list our deck as their "worst matchup".
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
    Jund is tough; almost every our unequipmented creature is in the range of PFire. We often need a timely equipment to win.

I don't know why the Jund Primer list our deck as their "worst matchup".
    I know why. The poster who put up the primer plays vs me a lot. Which also explains why he mentions hero of bladehold. Jund is a tough match for me but my win percentage is decent vs them.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Sure, but you could play lots of 4 mana bombs and win versus them.

-Matt

Jun 2008
    Toronto, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    I know why. The poster who put up the primer plays vs me a lot. Which also explains why he mentions hero of bladehold. Jund is a tough match for me but my win percentage is decent vs them.
    You know, Wilkin, I do have a name. :P

It's obviously bunched with another deck like Junk. And it is a bad match-up because of the little differences I explained.

DG removal kills everything Jund has. The inverse is not true.
    DG has vindicate over abrupt decay/pulse.
    DG has SFM. That's a really good card. Equipment in general breaks the game far better than what Jund has.
    YOU Wilkin in particular overload on GY hate, shutting off our Goyfs, Shamans and Punishing Fire.

And Hero is a nightmare. If you have a Lingering Souls cast, and you cast that, there is literally nothing I could do. When I was playing Jund a lot and Wilkin was milling around a lot, I had 1-2 Damnations in the sideboard, to hopefully ramp that into Bloodbraid Elf and something else and take him out before he could recover.

Quote Originally Posted by razvan View Post
    You know, Wilkin, I do have a name. :P

It's obviously bunched with another deck like Junk. And it is a bad match-up because of the little differences I explained.

DG removal kills everything Jund has. The inverse is not true.
    DG has vindicate over abrupt decay/pulse.
    DG has SFM. That's a really good card. Equipment in general breaks the game far better than what Jund has.
    YOU Wilkin in particular overload on GY hate, shutting off our Goyfs, Shamans and Punishing Fire.

And Hero is a nightmare. If you have a Lingering Souls cast, and you cast that, there is literally nothing I could do. When I was playing Jund a lot and Wilkin was milling around a lot, I had 1-2 Damnations in the sideboard, to hopefully ramp that into Bloodbraid Elf and something else and take him out before he could recover.
    Sorry razvan. I'm like the only guy that plays hero and not many people hate on graveyards as much as me. So that skews the view on dead guy/ junk decks.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2013

Sorry razvan. I'm like the only guy that plays hero and not many people hate on graveyards as much as me. So that skews the view on dead guy/ junk decks.
    When Cruise was in the format I had 4 RiP mainboarded, Bitterblossom instead of Souls, and Helm. Was pretty awesome.

Jul 2013
    Texas

TWO DGA decks in top 8 at SCG Portland!

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=84365

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=84347

Both favor a real green splash for Abrupt Decay. I think it's interesting that we are seeing that more than a full Rock treatment. clearly AD is a key card vs. Counterbalance, which is very strong.

Sculler also makes appearances in both -- I imagine it is good vs. Omnitell.

I suppose This deck has a solid plan vs. Miracles with Souls + equips, and Omni with heavy discard. As long as they're dominant, can't be the worst.

Nice. What I find interesting is that in terms of lands, there are only 2 green sources for 3 Abrupt Decays. I would have thought in say fair matchups, they might have had some trouble casting those. I realize of course there are Deathrite Shamans but you can't always count on them living.

Boards are a bit different too. One has Thalias in board, while the other person has them main. A lot of one ofs in the one sideboard. I approve. lol.

So hard to predict meta at times. Top 2 were Miracles but only 1 Omnitell in the top 16. 3 Storm in top 8. And plenty of Delver to go around.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Sounds like Tidehollow is pretty strong in this meta. Hell even the main board Revokers that I played might be fairly strong against miracles and storm
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Nice. What I find interesting is that in terms of lands, there are only 2 green sources for 3 Abrupt Decays. I would have thought in say fair matchups, they might have had some trouble casting those. I realize of course there are Deathrite Shamans but you can't always count on them living.

Boards are a bit different too. One has Thalias in board, while the other person has them main. A lot of one ofs in the one sideboard. I approve. lol.

So hard to predict meta at times. Top 2 were Miracles but only 1 Omnitell in the top 16. 3 Storm in top 8. And plenty of Delver to go around.
    The reason they only need 2 green sources is that they don't need to cast Decay in wasteland matchups. Seems like a good call to me.

Jul 2013
    Texas

3 Thalias main with 3 Souls, 3 Liliana, 3 Decay, 2 Hymn and a Council's Judgment is either insane or genius. Chrome Mox in that list might help though.

There are no other Abrupt Decay decks in the top 16 which is really interesting.

Well, elves plays them out of the board.

The council's judgment is sweet. I don't know that the Thalia actually hurts too much, considering that she's at least a time walk to spell-heavy decks, giving you time to ramp up.

The Mox is sweet. Its great on turn 1 or 2, and after that you can discard it to Lili, worst case scenario.
    "I have a dream that my children will one day play in a tournament where they will not be judged by the color of their cards but by the execution of their play."

Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    3 Thalias main with 3 Souls, 3 Liliana, 3 Decay, 2 Hymn and a Council's Judgment is either insane or genius. Chrome Mox in that list might help though.

There are no other Abrupt Decay decks in the top 16 which is really interesting.
    IGrok: I dunno, being able to Decay a Delver or Goyf is nice. And if you get wasted out of green sources, having a Decay stuck in hand kinda sucks.

Yeah, Maharis. I noticed that too. Weird. The other Deadguy list I figured would have been better off with Thalia's main because his discard suite was all 1 mana. Lol, yet here we are. I was tempted actually too to have Thalia main. Casting Thalia turn 1 is awesome. Both lists are very interesting and shows that different configurations can work.

I like the Sword of Light and Shadow in board. I thought about Feast and Famine but the untap ability doesn't really do that much. Even considered Specter's Shroud (I know, digging deep) to board in vs some combo matchups since Stoneforge Mystic isn't that great vs combo. It's cheaper to cast and equip than Feast and Famine. Specter only gives +1/+0 but it's only really there for the Abyssal Specter ability. I decided against it since it's still probably too slow.

Also really liking the Scullers. Especially with both players I think having E. tutors in board. And of course, Gatekeeper of Malakir is a personal favorite. He's no Shriekmaw, LOL but he's still good.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Since the Team Italia thread is as dead as a doornail:

4 Deathrite shaman
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Tidehollow Sculler

3 Lightning Bolt
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Terminate

3 Thoughtseize
    2 Cabal Therapy
    3 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Lingering Souls
    1 Phyrexian Arena
    1 Council's Judgment
    1 Sorin, Lord of Innistrad

1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Sword of Light and Shadow
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

4 Scrubland
    2 Badlands
    1 Plateau
    4 Marsh Flats
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Swamp
    2 Plains
    3 Wasteland

3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    2 Zealous Persecution
    2 Containment Priest
    3 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Slaughter Games
    1 Wear//Tear
    1 Disenchant

We can see the hatebears versions of these decks have started to do well again. Instead of splashing green, what about Red (Degas!) for REB, Slaughter Games, and even Wear/Tear? Slaughter Games is game over against OmniTell and does an absolute number on Miracles. The problem? There's no really good decks playing BR. Jund is only okay, but doesn't disrupt meaningfully enough like the white hatebears do against the powerful Dig decks. Thoughts?

-Matt

Though im more of a dnt player, this deck has a lot of sweet cards in it Matt.
    +1

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Since the Team Italia thread is as dead as a doornail:

4 Deathrite shaman
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Tidehollow Sculler

3 Lightning Bolt
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Terminate

3 Thoughtseize
    2 Cabal Therapy
    3 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Lingering Souls
    1 Phyrexian Arena
    1 Council's Judgment

1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Sword of Light and Shadow
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

4 Scrubland
    2 Badlands
    1 Plateau
    4 Marsh Flats
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Swamp
    2 Plains
    3 Wasteland

3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    2 Zealous Persecution
    2 Containment Priest
    3 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Slaughter Games
    1 Wear//Tear
    1 Disenchant

We can see the hatebears versions of these decks have started to do well again. Instead of splashing green, what about Red (Degas!) for REB, Slaughter Games, and even Wear/Tear? Slaughter Games is game over against OmniTell and does an absolute number on Miracles. The problem? There's no really good decks playing BR. Jund is only okay, but doesn't disrupt meaningfully enough like the white hatebears do against the powerful Dig decks. Thoughts?

-Matt
    Omnitell is more vulnerable to permanent-based hate than to discards/counters. And 4cc hate is too slow.

If white hatebears are not "cruel" enough, maybe meddling mage would be helpful. Pikula decks bring "Pikula", reasonable, yeah?
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

With Discard and hate bears, you should be able to survive long enough to hit em with a slaughter games and just stare at them while they do nothing and die

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    With Discard and hate bears, you should be able to survive long enough to hit em with a slaughter games and just stare at them while they do nothing and die
    Can confirm that Slaughter Games is a real card against them. I mean, perfect draws can be perfect, but if you have the card in your hand and the rest are bricks made of feces, you're taking all their Show and Tells. No Dream Halls means they're on the hardcast Omni or Pyromancer plan, both are not great.

-Matt

Jul 2013
    Texas

How would you board vs. Miracles, Matt? They have so many bombs vs. us: CB, Jace, Entreat, Terminus, and whatever else they've decided to play.

I noticed no Needle in your 75, which is unusual for your builds, but then again I agree that needling our Tops isn't where we want to be anyway. IMO though having a Decay as an out to CB is why the G splash decks did so well.

Thread Information