Page 191 of 319 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 6380

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Afro Dave

Jan 2012
    West Palm Beach, FL

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Scrivener seems situational to win more. You've played/Lili'd your hand out and don't have Bob but your opponent can't remove an x/1? I feel like you win there anyway. Or you're doing top tricks which are fun but if you draw 3 and one is the top again which you have to replay to start filtering I'm not sure you're really ahead.

And @Valech, Bob doesn't draw cards so Scrivener doesn't interact at all. You get your Bob reveal, then you draw for turn.

I'm just gonna hope for the B/W fuse card to be at least a board option.

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

Quote Originally Posted by evilGod View Post
    Scrivener seems situational to win more. You've played/Lili'd your hand out and don't have Bob but your opponent can't remove an x/1? I feel like you win there anyway. Or you're doing top tricks which are fun but if you draw 3 and one is the top again which you have to replay to start filtering I'm not sure you're really ahead.

And @Valech, Bob doesn't draw cards so Scrivener doesn't interact at all. You get your Bob reveal, then you draw for turn.

I'm just gonna hope for the B/W fuse card to be at least a board option.
    Thought splitcards doesnt work good with dark confidant as you take damage from both sides.

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

I think the Blood Scrivener has more value in Burn- or Pox Style decks. I can't see, how we could utilize this card. If you have Bob on the field, the new "Bloody Bob" will do nothing. Going hellbent is nothing you should be striving for in Deadguy as a midrange deck. This deck lives from its CA and various possibilities to deal with problematic cards (STP, Discard). I would rather hold my STP in hand, than waste it on the wrogn creature just to draw an extra card out of "Bloody Bob".
    "Bloody Bob" also shines in decks, which can dump their hand when they want (possibly some Buried-Ooze lists, or a madness-style deck).

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

Bloodbob works with top even with dark confidant in play. Also cant count on having dark confidant being alive or even resolved. Having more bobs will never hurt, he is the best card in the deck afterall.

Afro Dave

Jan 2012
    West Palm Beach, FL

I know split cards aren't ideal, but if the combined cost is 4 at most there are effects that could be worth playing. Probably not main, but after B/W didn't get an uncounterable, the Charm isn't worth playing, no B/W one drop... gotta hope for something out of all this for those of us that don't splash.

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Rizso View Post
    Bloodbob works with top even with dark confidant in play. Also cant count on having dark confidant being alive or even resolved. Having more bobs will never hurt, he is the best card in the deck afterall.
    But at one point you have to empty your hand, so you can use the top. And emptying one's hand can be problematic, if you want to hold some key-spells for later. I think its really bad, to go hellbent just to draw 2 cards off top, and then being forced to draw top itself as the next card...

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

Then the top will draw you 2 cards again! If you already got the keycards do you really need more then? What they both do is makes it possible to find the keycards faster.

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Rizso View Post
    Then the top will draw you 2 cards again! If you already got the keycards do you really need more then? What they both do is makes it possible to find the keycards faster.
    The top will only draw you two cards again under the premise you can empty your hand again. What if you draw 3 lands in the process?
    Let go of the thinking, that Blood Scrivener is Bob 5-8. It is not. If you want Bob 5-8 play Dark Tutelage... Blood Scrivener is even worse than that card in Deadguy...

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

Cant sacrifice Dark Tutelage to Cabal Therapy, something you can with the new bob. Low curve with low amount of lands will greatly reduce the landpocket draws. Bloodbob gives cards when you need the most when behind durring topdeckmode, thought with top you can get the effect directly when you play it rather then wait a turn. Low curve and liliana brings us quite fast down to the hellbent stage.

Oct 2011
    Portugal

In my opinion, we can't just pass on card advantage, which this card is. I am really interested in this card - BUT not as 4of. 3 of at maximum, and only because you have cabal therapy.

Afro Dave

Jan 2012
    West Palm Beach, FL

Test it. I'm skeptical of it actually pulling a game up on it's own, but I've been wrong before. I find that I'm rarely top decking, usually holding back a StP or creatures in case of sweep or something, and when I am top decking it's because Lili's taken over the game already.

And for the record, we can totally pass up card advantage. So many people already don't use Bitterblossom, and at least that's consistently an extra 'card' per turn. This can BloodBob can easily just be a worse bear, especially early game when we're looking to have an impact.

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by evilGod View Post
    Test it. I'm skeptical of it actually pulling a game up on it's own, but I've been wrong before. I find that I'm rarely top decking, usually holding back a StP or creatures in case of sweep or something, and when I am top decking it's because Lili's taken over the game already.

And for the record, we can totally pass up card advantage. So many people already don't use Bitterblossom, and at least that's consistently an extra 'card' per turn. This can BloodBob can easily just be a worse bear, especially early game when we're looking to have an impact.
    I aggree! This Bloodbob might be good in TopDeck mode. You don't want to cast it Turn 2. Therefore it would have been better if he had a more solid body (like 4/4 for 4). I have tested him a bit on cockatrice (which i can recommend to you - just modify the cards.xml!) I found him clearly underwhelming in this deck. BUT i'm excited to test this guy together with Wild Mongrel and Lotleth Troll! :)

Oct 2011
    Portugal

You might be correct dave. Im testing it as 2- of right now. Ill check back for news.

I feel like the new Bob is a little lacking especially considering you have to be Hellbent in a deck that runs four Bobs which is the best card in the deck. If you have one in your opening hand along with a real Bob it is going to be a long while until you even get any use out of bloodbob. It just seems like a card that would be great in a small window of opportunity. Also what would be cut from the deck for two or three of this guy?

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin Majere View Post
    I feel like the new Bob is a little lacking especially considering you have to be Hellbent in a deck that runs four Bobs which is the best card in the deck. If you have one in your opening hand along with a real Bob it is going to be a long while until you even get any use out of bloodbob. It just seems like a card that would be great in a small window of opportunity. Also what would be cut from the deck for two or three of this guy?
    You first bob will be dead or have a huge target over its head just a matter of time before its exiled or bolted.

Apr 2013
    Toronto/Waterloo, Ontario

With your argument, I'd want to add that having bloodbob in your opening 7 is effectively a deadcard unless you want to cast it before you're hellbent. He just looks embarrassing sitting there waiting to be online. I think he might be good as a 1 or 2 of AT MOST. We already have 4 bobs in our deck, and running another 4 pseudo bobs isn't what this deck is looking for.

This guy's an amazing top deck and works extremely well in conjunction with top (being able to spin, tap and draw two cards). Then if you can actually play both cards in your hand you end up hellbent again, so when you draw your top next turn you can get another activation. And from there you can repeat the entire process again, which effectively lets you draw 3 cards per turn.

I'm sure this sounds great theoretically , but it has to be tested to see if it runs as smoothly as we expect him to.

Maybe I'll proxy some and try it out.... time to put my tops back into this deck :P

Not to take away the discussion of Bloodbob but I was wondering what do you all think are the best storm hate cards Deadguy can run in the SB? I was thinking of cards like Ethersworn Canonist and more discard.

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

Not to take away the discussion of Bloodbob but I was wondering what do you all think are the best storm hate cards Deadguy can run in the SB? I was thinking of cards like Ethersworn Canonist and more discard.
    Canonists, discard and surgical extractions. Trying out cards like Nevermore as well.

Nevermore doesn't seem very good against storm. Against decks like TES they run two tutors and three win cons in, Empty the Warrens, Tendrils, and Grapeshot. What would you name against that deck? I feel if you want to run a three mana enchantment against them Rule of Law would just be better, wouldn't it? What do you guys think about Leyline of Sanctity? I know it is not the greatest card but you can actually cast it turn three if you have DRS in the opening two turns and it causes them to try and kill you with goblins, which Zealous persecution or EE could mop up.

Apr 2013
    Toronto/Waterloo, Ontario

Nevermore doesn't seem very good against storm. Against decks like TES they run two tutors and three win cons in, Empty the Warrens, Tendrils, and Grapeshot. What would you name against that deck? I feel if you want to run a three mana enchantment against them Rule of Law would just be better, wouldn't it? What do you guys think about Leyline of Sanctity? I know it is not the greatest card but you can actually cast it turn three if you have DRS in the opening two turns and it causes them to try and kill you with goblins, which Zealous persecution or EE could mop up.
    Leyline of sanctity could be a possibility if you're running e-tutors in the SB. This is my SB right now:

2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 E-tutors
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Humility
    1 SoFI
    1 O-Ring
    1 Rest in Peace
    1 E-Plague
    1 Bitterblossom
    1 Perish

Against TES I'd probably bring in 2 surgicals, 2 e-tutors, 1 ethersworn and 1 e-plague. The plague can handle goblins while I still have targeted discard, hymns, and scullers to attack their hand. Getting ethersworn online is also pretty good at slowing them down.

The only problem is I don't know what I would replace for the leyline. I can see how leyline's good against other decks too, but it seems like my board is too tight as it is.

Thread Information