Page 204 of 320 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 6383

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Used to run Bitterblossom. Great card but Lingering Souls for me took over. And I can't find the room to really run both.

Plus,
    - i have lost more games to my own Bitterblossom than Dark Confidant.
    -Bitterblossom, while great has no immediate board impact.
    -making Goyf +2/+2 sucks.

Finally got my fetches and Scrubs, and damn do I love this deck. As a newbie to DeadGuy, I was hoping to get some sideboard advice from you guys. My current build has 4 lingering souls and 2 cabal therapy. Is Rest in Peace still something I should have in the board? I'm worried about negating the c.a. from souls and therapy, but also realize how powerful r.I.p. can be in certain matchups. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by BeardTron View Post
    Just started testing w/ 2 Bitterblossoms a few nights ago and I'm a fan.
    Have 4 Souls/2 Blossoms main, but haven't gotten to the point where I want to try Elspeth/Sorin...I'd rather just stick w/ the removal/discard I have at the moment instead of making room.

What Equipment package are you running in the main?
    4 SFM
    1 Jitte
    1 SoFaI
    1 Batterskull

Playing 3 Souls/2Blossoms

Mar 2013
    Birmingham, UK

Quote Originally Posted by MoxBropal View Post
    Finally got my fetches and Scrubs, and damn do I love this deck. As a newbie to DeadGuy, I was hoping to get some sideboard advice from you guys. My current build has 4 lingering souls and 2 cabal therapy. Is Rest in Peace still something I should have in the board? I'm worried about negating the c.a. from souls and therapy, but also realize how powerful r.I.p. can be in certain matchups. What do you think?
    Hi Mox Bropal.

Well done on your acquisition of Scrublands and Marsh Flats. And welcome to Dead Guy Ale.

I, like you, run a set of Lingering Souls, 2 Cabal Therapy and 2 Rest in Peace in my 75. I understand your concern about getting the full value out of Lingering Souls and Therapy, but Rest in Peace is so powerful against GY decks out there such as Dredge and Reanimator, and I find that Lingering Souls is a little slow against these kind of decks. So I would much rather have the hate card.

We also have to think about what Rest in Peace does against the BUG/RUG decks out there. It hoses goyfs and mongeese. It also makes Deathrite Shaman useless as well (who would only end up eating our sorceries anyway).

I think RIP is too powerful NOT to include in our 75.

And don't forget, we won't see it every time we board it in anyway.

If you want some advice on boarding, I'd be more than happy to help. :) Just ask away.
    Real men go Topless with Bob

Quote Originally Posted by boxman_619 View Post
    Hi Mox Bropal.

Well done on your acquisition of Scrublands and Marsh Flats. And welcome to Dead Guy Ale.

I, like you, run a set of Lingering Souls, 2 Cabal Therapy and 2 Rest in Peace in my 75. I understand your concern about getting the full value out of Lingering Souls and Therapy, but Rest in Peace is so powerful against GY decks out there such as Dredge and Reanimator, and I find that Lingering Souls is a little slow against these kind of decks. So I would much rather have the hate card.

We also have to think about what Rest in Peace does against the BUG/RUG decks out there. It hoses goyfs and mongeese. It also makes Deathrite Shaman useless as well (who would only end up eating our sorceries anyway).

I think RIP is too powerful NOT to include in our 75.

And don't forget, we won't see it every time we board it in anyway.

If you want some advice on boarding, I'd be more than happy to help. :) Just ask away.
    I agree with rest in peace in the 75. Just wondering has anyone else put helm in the sb just for the combo win?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I run a couple of Rest in Peace. Never tried Helm of Obedience as well. I guess you could, with enlightened tutor. But that takes up quite a few slots. Against the goyf type decks, I usually only put one in since I have so much creature removal. However, since I'm eternally worried about Punishing Fire, I won't be going down to one RIP.

As a funny side note to that though I knew a Tin Fins players so fed up to losing to Rest in Peace, that they had enlightened tutors and Helm just to fight back. When I heard that he did Helm a player I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    I run a couple of Rest in Peace. Never tried Helm of Obedience as well. I guess you could, with enlightened tutor. But that takes up quite a few slots. Against the goyf type decks, I usually only put one in since I have so much creature removal. However, since I'm eternally worried about Punishing Fire, I won't be going down to one RIP.

As a funny side note to that though I knew a Tin Fins players so fed up to losing to Rest in Peace, that they had enlightened tutors and Helm just to fight back. When I heard that he did Helm a player I laughed.
    I did it for a local event as a one of in the board and I brought it in with the 2 rest in peace and I got the combo twice with out any tutors

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DDS5 View Post
    I did it for a local event as a one of in the board and I brought it in with the 2 rest in peace and I got the combo twice with out any tutors

Hmmm...ok.

And also, Helm even by itself isn't the worst thing vs say Sneak and show. I played helm combo (in conjunction with Painter) a few times, didn't have RIP out but milled my opponent until i got Griselbrand.

Hmmm...ok.

And also, Helm even by itself isn't the worst thing vs say Sneak and show. I played helm combo (in conjunction with Painter) a few times, didn't have RIP out but milled my opponent until i got Griselbrand.
    That is as vaild point someone remind me how many threats sneak and show run because I might start using it as an option vs s&s

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DDS5 View Post
    That is as vaild point someone remind me how many threats sneak and show run because I might start using it as an option vs s&s

Maindeck creatures it's usually just 4 Griselbrand and 4 Emrakul. Possibility that they could run Clique in the board but not from what I've seen lately.

This deck thread is awesome. The feedback is excellent.

How about Meekstone in the board to combat True-Name, Delver, and company? I feel like Vial-Serra Avenger builds could make the best use of it.

Meekstone is alright. However, I personally just go the route of killing anything they play, Delver/True Name decks tend to be threat light. About 10-14 creatures. I play 15 removal main, and usually board into more.

One thing to note though, unless you have a batterskull or Avenger out, the creature you have equipped to sword of X and Y won't untap either. You can equip to another dude and swing in with that guy but it's something to factor in.

The deck I've seen play Meekstone the most is Elves. They don't have those equipment issues and if their creatures have power >3 then that means they are probably going to win that turn. :)

Mar 2013
    Birmingham, UK

Quote Originally Posted by MoxBropal View Post
    This deck thread is awesome. The feedback is excellent.

How about Meekstone in the board to combat True-Name, Delver, and company? I feel like Vial-Serra Avenger builds could make the best use of it.
    I think Meekstone is too narrow in answers it provides. And it WILL hinder us with sword of x and y on our creatures. I personally think it's a better idea to board sweepers like engineered exlopsives, ratchet bomb or even Toxic Deluge.

We also need to remember that Thoptor Foundry/Sword of the Meek is a thing, and meekstone doesn't do anything against that.

I know that sweepers aren't the best answer to that combo, but at Least sweepers are more versatile in a number of situations.
    Real men go Topless with Bob

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

I run a Ensnaring Bridge against stupid creatures like grisselbrand, emrakul show and tell sneak attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizso View Post
    I run a Ensnaring Bridge against stupid creatures like grisselbrand, emrakul show and tell sneak attack.
    IMO Bridge against Grizzy isn't very useful, they draw answer and block all day long.

- L

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

Ensnaring Bridge makes liliana even more strong even against show and tell / sneak attack.

I prefer Humility over Ensnaring Bridge. Shutting off the special abilities of Griselbrand, Tidespout Tyrant, Elesh Norn etc. is quite nice.

Plus, with equipment their creatures can be outclassed pretty easily.

I prefer Humility over Ensnaring Bridge. Shutting off the special abilities of Griselbrand, Tidespout Tyrant, Elesh Norn etc. is quite nice.

Plus, with equipment their creatures can be outclassed pretty easily.
    This ^
    Ensnaring Bridge is like delay the inevitability; Humility, while slower to win with, is much more reliable against those decks (and makes Zealous Persecution a house ).

- L

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Sorry if I missed some discussion, sending from phone.

@thopter foundry - don't maindeck Phyrexian Revoker + hand-revealing discard make this a separate discussion from Meekstone? I think it is not going to be productive to answer both Foundry-Sword and S&T/sudden fatty tech with the same four cards.
    @meekstone - i don't suppose Crackdown has been brought up yet? Apart from Elesh Norn it seems like it has roughly the same upsides with fewer downsides for you. You don't have to pay extra to shuffle your equipment around to play against your own Meekstone; your guys will untap cuz they White, and yeah.

sent from phone, don't be a dick
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Hey, I'm fairly new to legacy and this deck. I put together a list that is B/W/G, I was hoping for any maindeck advice and what kind of cards I should be running in my sideboard. I decided to splash green to play Abrupt Decay, Goyf, and to take full advantage of DRS. I know traditional Deadguy Ale is just B/W but my list seems to play most of the same cards and I'm not sure what other archetype I'd be. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Land: 22

3x Bayou
    1x Forest
    1x Karakas
    4x Marsh Flats
    1x Savannah
    3x Scrubland
    1x Swamp
    4x Verdant Catacombs
    3x Wasteland
    1x Windswept Heath

Creatures: 15