Page 207 of 320 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 6383

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

What purpose does the mikokoro serve? Unless I'm understanding wrong, it's a dead land when spirit is out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rjm342 View Post
    What purpose does the mikokoro serve? Unless I'm understanding wrong, it's a dead land when spirit is out?

the trick is to activate it on your opponent's turn. SotL will keep them from drawing a card, but since you haven't drawn that turn, you get a free card!

Ah gotcha.

So I split the finals in a couple of 8 man Win a boxes. Lol, unfortunately one was Theros and the other Born of the Gods. Did open a couple of Kioras though so that's not to bad.

And I won 2 crucial games and they were related to Massacre. In one game, I Vindicated my opponent's only Swamp. The next turn he draws Massacre but can't cast it because he doesn't have 4 mana or any swamps. And in another game I purposely didn't fetch a scrubland, using my Chrome Mox (imprint Vindicate) to make any white I need. Again my opponent has Massacre but has to reach 4 mana to cast it but can't since I have Thalia and wastelands.

LOL, so maybe Isolated Chapel has some uses. Too bad they didn't make opposing color lands that are like Seachrome Coast or Darkslick Shores.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    So I split the finals in a couple of 8 man Win a boxes. Lol, unfortunately one was Theros and the other Born of the Gods. Did open a couple of Kioras though so that's not to bad.

And I won 2 crucial games and they were related to Massacre. In one game, I Vindicated my opponent's only Swamp. The next turn he draws Massacre but can't cast it because he doesn't have 4 mana or any swamps. And in another game I purposely didn't fetch a scrubland, using my Chrome Mox (imprint Vindicate) to make any white I need. Again my opponent has Massacre but has to reach 4 mana to cast it but can't since I have Thalia and wastelands.

LOL, so maybe Isolated Chapel has some uses. Too bad they didn't make opposing color lands that are like Seachrome Coast or Darkslick Shores.
    Wilkin is the dead guy master!

Wilkin can you post your most recent list? Haven't seen what you are playing lately and would love to see what things you running with these days.

So I've found out that Chrome Mox is a terrible card, it only took one little tourny of playing for me to realize this. So I've already replaced it with things that actually do stuff, I do love the idea of turn 1 Bobs or Hymns but there is just too much cheap removal/counters that make those plays really bad. I've also moved my Tidehollow Scullers to the board, the card has just been the absolute definition of mediocre. Maybe if I played with Vial's I'd like him more, but until I try that I'm benching him. I've added a Sorin, a Jitte, and another Lingering Souls because I wanted more cards that are either complete gas or do more on the board.

The last issue I'm having trouble with is my sideboard graveyard hate. Right now I'm on 3 Rest in Peace and an Enlightened Tutor, but I'm not sure that's correct with me running Deathrite's, Lingering Souls and Cabal Therapies. I don't want to run Leyline of the Void since that doesn't seem good against Gofy/Geese/Shaman decks like Rest in Peace is. I doubt there is an alternative to Rest in Peace that does as much as it does, so what do you guys think the correct sideboard graveyard hate is?

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

I run 3x Surgical Extraction and a nihil spellbomb, surgical has play against combo as well.

I decided to try a different take on Deadguy

An engine the from the past

4 wasteland
    4 scrubland
    4 marshflats
    1 plains
    3 swamps
    2 verdant catacombs
    1 godless shrine
    2 flooded strand
    1 volrath's stronghold
    1 maze of ith
    1 tomb of yawgmoth
    4 weathered wayfarer
    4 dark confidant
    3 spirit of the labyrinth
    2 stoneforge mystics
    2 phyrexian obliterator
    3 gatekeeper of malakir
    3 liliana of the veil
    3 inquisition of kozolic
    1 duress
    4 mox diamond
    1 sword of fire and ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 sensei's divining top

I'm gonna run this list tomorrow, i'm curious if anybody has any experience with Weathered Wayfarer and any ideas on where this type of build can go? I'm up for any suggestions and swaps. Thanks for your help, this forum is the best Legacy knowledge pool out there :)

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

Weathered Wayfarer is card I have looked at for long time. The card pretty much require the deck build arround it and its quite hard to do so as well.. And its alot stronger on the draw then its on then on the play.

BUt havent played it with Deathrite Shaman. Weathered Wayfarer does require quite alot of sac lands in form of fetch, wastelands, horizon canopy's and even cycling land has its use. If wanting to use his ability often the curve on the deck need to be quite low.

Quote Originally Posted by Zllig View Post
    Wilkin can you post your most recent list? Haven't seen what you are playing lately and would love to see what things you running with these days.

So I've found out that Chrome Mox is a terrible card, it only took one little tourny of playing for me to realize this. So I've already replaced it with things that actually do stuff, I do love the idea of turn 1 Bobs or Hymns but there is just too much cheap removal/counters that make those plays really bad. I've also moved my Tidehollow Scullers to the board, the card has just been the absolute definition of mediocre. Maybe if I played with Vial's I'd like him more, but until I try that I'm benching him. I've added a Sorin, a Jitte, and another Lingering Souls because I wanted more cards that are either complete gas or do more on the board.

The last issue I'm having trouble with is my sideboard graveyard hate. Right now I'm on 3 Rest in Peace and an Enlightened Tutor, but I'm not sure that's correct with me running Deathrite's, Lingering Souls and Cabal Therapies. I don't want to run Leyline of the Void since that doesn't seem good against Gofy/Geese/Shaman decks like Rest in Peace is. I doubt there is an alternative to Rest in Peace that does as much as it does, so what do you guys think the correct sideboard graveyard hate is?
    It's pretty much the same list from GP Washington. -1 Hero +1 Gatekeeper of Malakir. It should be on this thread and on the tournament report portion.

Chrome Mox is an acquired taste. lol. I still like it. I like having Mox and Deathrite for acceleration.

For my GY I run 2 surgical Extraction and 2 Rest in Peace. If it's stuff like Goyf and Mongoose you are worried about, you could run Relic of Progenitus instead of a RIP.

So I finally got to use Toxic Deluge. It was awesome. I had a Deathrite, Mystic and Batterskull out. My opponent has a True Name Nemesis, 2 Faerie Tokens and a Delver (unflipped of course). Toxic for 1. A 1 sided plague wind for 1 life and 3 mana. And LOL, life loss didn't matter since Batterskull gained me 3 life.

Wayfarer build is interesting.

Hmm....from old blue/white vial tempo decks they also ran Jotun Grunt. Pretty good chemistry with wayfarer. Tutor for wasteland. Use it. Grunt puts it on bottom so you can tutor for it again. Plus, even if your opponent wastes your 1 of your one of utility lands, you have the chance to get it back with Grunt/wayfarer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizso View Post
    Weathered Wayfarer is card I have looked at for long time. The card pretty much require the deck build arround it and its quite hard to do so as well.. And its alot stronger on the draw then its on then on the play.

BUt havent played it with Deathrite Shaman. Weathered Wayfarer does require quite alot of sac lands in form of fetch, wastelands, horizon canopy's and even cycling land has its use. If wanting to use his ability often the curve on the deck need to be quite low.
    I agree. To add to that, Weathered Wayfarer also works much better in decks that run Aether Vial as a non-land de-facto mana source.
    I see more than others do because I know where to look.

I've been playin around with this deck for a while, playing with friends and in Cockatrice since I don't own all the cards yet, but I'm far in enough that friends can lend me most of it, so I'm taking it to GP Buenos Aires's Legacy side event. It's going to be my first legacy tournament and from what I've heard I should expect a combo heavy meta. For reference, this is the top 8 from the last big legacy tournament we had here.

This is the list I plan to take:

4 Marsh Flats
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland
    1 Scrubland
    1 Godless Shrine
    1 Overgrown Tomb
    2 Isolated Chapel
    2 Swamp
    2 Plains

4 Dark Confidant
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Tidehollow Sculler
    3 Lingering Souls

4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Vindicate

4 Thoughtseize
    3 Cabal Therapy

2 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Batterskull
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice

SB: 2 Nihil Spellbomb
    SB: 1 Engineered Plague
    SB: 1 Duress
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 2 Phyrexian Revoker
    SB: 2 Humility
    SB: 1 Lingering Souls
    SB: 2 Disenchant
    SB: 2 Ethersworn Canonist
    I'm not sure if I should be playing Hymns instead of Cabals. I switched because the 2 drop slot was already pretty crowded and as a bonus it also made it easier to the mana base. Maybe it's because I don't know the format as much, but not hitting with cabal is pretty bad vs getting 2 cards with Hymn.

Since I'm running 2 Humilities in the side, I feel like I should be playing some amount of Zealous Persecutions that could also come in against Elves, but I'm not sure what I should cut for them. What do you guys recommend?

I guess I'm mostly looking for some comments on my list in particular, and any recommendations for my first legacy event. Any comments are more than welcomed, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Collman View Post
    I've been playin around with this deck for a while, playing with friends and in Cockatrice since I don't own all the cards yet, but I'm far in enough that friends can lend me most of it, so I'm taking it to GP Buenos Aires's Legacy side event. It's going to be my first legacy tournament and from what I've heard I should expect a combo heavy meta. For reference, this is the top 8 from the last big legacy tournament we had here.

This is the list I plan to take:

I'm not sure if I should be playing Hymns instead of Cabals. I switched because the 2 drop slot was already pretty crowded and as a bonus it also made it easier to the mana base. Maybe it's because I don't know the format as much, but not hitting with cabal is pretty bad vs getting 2 cards with Hymn.

Since I'm running 2 Humilities in the side, I feel like I should be playing some amount of Zealous Persecutions that could also come in against Elves, but I'm not sure what I should cut for them. What do you guys recommend?

I guess I'm mostly looking for some comments on my list in particular, and any recommendations for my first legacy event. Any comments are more than welcomed, thanks!
    Therapies are usually better in a combo meta, whereas Hymn is better in a fair deck meta.

You can probably take out a Disenchant or 2 for the Zealous Persecutions. Also, if you can find another Scrubland or 2 maindeck. Toxic Deluge is another card I'd try and fit in somewhere in the sideboard.

Dec 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Here is the list that won a 48 people tour here in Stockholm, played by Johan Backfjärd.

CREATURES (11)
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Dark Confidant
    4 Stoneforge Mystic

SORCERIES (15)
    2 Inquisition of Kozilek
    3 Thoughtseize
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Lingering Souls
    2 Vindicate

INSTANTS (5)
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Abrupt Decay

PLANESWALKERS (4)
    4 Liliana of the Veil

ARTIFACTS (2)
    1 Umezawa’s Jitte
    1 Batterskull

LANDS (23)
    4 Wasteland
    3 Swamp
    1 Plains
    1 Karakas
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Bayou
    4 Scrubland
    4 Marsh Flats
    1 Windswept Heath

SIDEBOARD (15)
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Disfigure
    2 Duress
    1 Surgical Extraction
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Zealous Persecution
    1 Chains of Mephistopheles
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Engineered Plague
    1 Spirit of the Labyrinth
    And Cody Lingelbach just got top8 at the latest SCG Open, here is the link to his deck, http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=64862

Great to see the deck put up good results!
    Last edited by Dosferra; 03-17-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Apr 2013
    Toronto/Waterloo, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Dosferra View Post

And Cody Lingelbach just got top8 at the latest SCG Open, here is the link to his deck, http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=64862

Great to see the deck put up good results!
    Came here to say this! Really glad that this list can put up results in the circuit. Goes to show that there's fight in this deck.

I do have a few thoughts about this deck though:
    - The 4-of souls is interesting, since the meta would have been expected to have a strong TNN presence, many decks will board hate for x/1 creatures, and that has an adverse effect on souls. I'd be hard pressed to play 4 as well but I guess it can work since you have 3 equip + 1 from the side so you'll almost always have a body to equip to.
    - No hymn to tourarchs, and subsequently no chrome moxen in the 75. I guess he was going for the less explosive build which is understandable since it leads to a higher quality of cards later in the game (no mox draws, feels bad man). He also runs 4 lilianas and I would love to run 4, just so you can have that 3 mana edict when you need to.
    - No strong clock to close the match via Hero of Bladehold or Mirran Crusader: I think even having one of would be good (esp. Hero) since it can break stalemates quickly in fair match ups and close out games in a war of attrition.

I do however really like the one of sculler with tutor in the board, so that you can get him against combo T2 (if you play etutor T1) so you can pick apart their combo while having a clock. I run a list with souls and hero and I am strongly considering playing zealous persecution main just for the huge blowouts. swinging for 8 in the air or a hero attacking for 8 can really catch people offguard :P

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

While souls doesn't excel vs some of the TNN hate, a lot of match ups these days are about grinding a win through an attrition war, and souls is quite solid in that rule. Along with it flying over the clogged ground stall
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Apr 2013
    Toronto/Waterloo, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    While souls doesn't excel vs some of the TNN hate, a lot of match ups these days are about grinding a win through an attrition war, and souls is quite solid in that rule. Along with it flying over the clogged ground stall
    Yeah, it's great when you see players having to trade one card for 1/4 of a card :P

I also want to ask, has there ever been a list that has rishadan port? I know if that would be included it would be close to d&t's list, but what if we only had those + chrome mox to eccelerate ourselves? Something like T1 swamp --> mox into bob/hymn, and then T2 we can play port into drs/discard. and then tap their land. It probably sounds too cute and our list would have to be adjusted but I'm just trying to get the ball rolling for discussion. I think it might work if it was in the vial deadguy list so that we can keep pressure while porting them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    Yeah, it's great when you see players having to trade one card for 1/4 of a card :P

I also want to ask, has there ever been a list that has rishadan port? I know if that would be included it would be close to d&t's list, but what if we only had those + chrome mox to eccelerate ourselves? Something like T1 swamp --> mox into bob/hymn, and then T2 we can play port into drs/discard. and then tap their land. It probably sounds too cute and our list would have to be adjusted but I'm just trying to get the ball rolling for discussion. I think it might work if it was in the vial deadguy list so that we can keep pressure while porting them down.
    I am pretty sure a few pages before this there was a discussion about the vial version and even a list including ports.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I personally never was a fan of Vial, but I could see it being sweet here. Though DRS and Vial in the same deck seems somewhat redundant
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Thread Information