Page 238 of 320 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 6383

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    I have a few questions for dedicated deadguy players:

1) is leyline of the void a good way to keep souls/deathrite active while hosing other decks graveyards?
    2) is tidehollow sculler worth considering still?
    3) how worthwhile is splashing green for decay/goyf/turning on deathrite fully?
    1) It's probably fine. I just hate the leyline game plan in general, especially when it comes to graveyard hate since there are a lot of very good options
    2) Sculler isn't terrible, and he's still really good in a combo heavy meta, but he's mediocre in the fair match ups.
    3) I don't find it necessary. At that point you should be simply playing normal junk or whatever imo since green gives you better dudes. I just like a rock solid mana base with the ability to play my game with basic lands
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    I have a few questions for dedicated deadguy players:

1) is leyline of the void a good way to keep souls/deathrite active while hosing other decks graveyards?
    2) is tidehollow sculler worth considering still?
    3) how worthwhile is splashing green for decay/goyf/turning on deathrite fully?
    1. It's fine. There are many options though, I run Relics right now since I find it really good vs the Cruise decks.
    2. I personally don't run it as it's really fragile and I run a lot of board wipes post board.
    3. Not worthwhile to me. I play one Bayou for activations and it's good 99% of the time. I prefer a more stable manabase. And goyfs are kind of meh to me. I prefer creatures that can do more than just block and attack. Well, Hero is the exception although she does make soldiers.

Megadeus. Just saw your deck on TCdecks.net. How did you find Kor Firewalker? And lol, I was kind of hoping you kept the Shriekmaw in the main....for the Restoration Angel.

Hey there, just started building this deck. I was looking at Megadeus's list on TCdecks.net and was wondering why it has 61 cards in it. Also just wondering if any of you thinks containment priest has a spot in this deck (maybe a split with containment priest?)

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    1. It's fine. There are many options though, I run Relics right now since I find it really good vs the Cruise decks.
    2. I personally don't run it as it's really fragile and I run a lot of board wipes post board.
    3. Not worthwhile to me. I play one Bayou for activations and it's good 99% of the time. I prefer a more stable manabase. And goyfs are kind of meh to me. I prefer creatures that can do more than just block and attack. Well, Hero is the exception although she does make soldiers.

Megadeus. Just saw your deck on TCdecks.net. How did you find Kor Firewalker? And lol, I was kind of hoping you kept the Shriekmaw in the main....for the Restoration Angel.
    Firewalker I think I boarded in once against URW Delver (which probably wasn't even right), but I like it a lot. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to test much abd the last tourney I forgot I don't actually own any myself so I just played Gerards Verdicts as my burn/UR hate. As for Shriekmaw, I only cut it for spirit because I have been on a brainstorm/treasure cruise hate tirade lately. I definitely picked up a Russian one just incase I need to go back to it. Also a deck with Batterskull, shriekmaw and multiple restoration angel with Bob's seems... Ambitious lol.

Glad we essentially came to the same conclusions regarding those questions. Relic doesn't seem so bad. I may try it out. I just love the raw power of RIP.

As for 61, I always like playing a random extra card. Always play 61 if I'm not on a combo deck. In this case, the 61st card is a second isolated chapel. And I like priest. Haven't gotten my hands on any to test out with though. In theory it seems real good and I will have a tough time deciding between that and spirit. I definitely will be trying itmain deck personally

Also, I've since cut the Etutor package to test without it. I don't know if it's right or not though. Been on this SB:

3 Kor Firewalker
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    2 RIP
    2 Zealous Persecution
    2 Disenchant
    2 Perish
    1 Shriekmaw (for delver)
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Made day 2 with 8-1 record. One loss was to ur delver. Anyone else on this thread go to jersey?

May 2013
    Paris, France

Made day 2 with 8-1 record. One loss was to ur delver. Anyone else on this thread go to jersey?
    Gratz. Relic MD ?

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Nice. I look forward to seeing you in top 8

Not quite there. Finished 12-3 for 45th place. $300 and 3 pro points. Slightly better record than Washington.

No maindeck relic. Highlight for me was hero of bladehold winning 4 games, including one where she had sofi and batterskull. Will post a report later.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Congratulations. Please tell us more about your battle against TC-delver decks;)
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Congrats on the finish, looking forward to the report!

Jul 2013
    Texas

Congrats Wilkin! Great job. In hindsight I think this was the best non-blue non-meta deck and I wish I had played it. Someone from my LGS was 5-1 with it at one point, I wonder if he was the other "white-black stoneblade" player.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Congrats man. Good to see this deck is still able to win. I'm hoping to get us a win at the end of the month at SCG ATL. I'm thinking the best way to trump the raw advantage that treasure cruise provides is to play an unanswerable threat

... or Chains?

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Can't afford $350 chains…personally I would run spirit of labyrinth(die to bolt) as a cheap replacement.
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

Quote Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
    Can't afford $350 chains…personally I would run spirit of labyrinth(die to bolt) as a cheap replacement.
    Price to pay for beating the couple dollars worth of cruise and brainstorm :P

Hey, I was talking to some of my friends at FNM on friday and we where wondering what resto angel is doing in this deck. Obviously it has a pretty cute interaction with stoneforge, but 4CMC hurts in a deck relying on bob for card advantage. That being said, none of us are really that familiar with this deck, and so any input is obviously appreciated.

Tournament report is up.

Well, Megadeus plays Angel so he is probably best to answer that. Being able to save a Spirit of the Labyrinth or Bob from a Bolt or Plow must be nice. And even as a just a flash 3/4 blocker can ambush a smaller creature.

But 4CMC or 5 isn't that bad really. I play 2 Shriekmaws, a Batterskull and a Hero of Bladehold and it works for me.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I have no qualms over saving up for a chains if it comes down to it, I just like spirit since it is a man. I guess dying to every removal in the game is tough, but sometimes you Gotta take the chance of that happening. Also just doing something and being a man in the non blue MU is relevant

Also the Angel is alright in testing. I've not really had too much issue with Bob. If he's flipping things, you are probably winning. Angel has been nice to eot just put man who can go blow for blow with true name is nice. And ambush blocking is fun. Saving a man with her has been rare, but it's certainly not irrelevant. I've cut to three Bob for locals so I can try out a tomb stalker. Like I said, one way to fight card advantage is to simply slam a man who they just can't answer.

May 2013
    Paris, France

Tournament report is up.

Well, Megadeus plays Angel so he is probably best to answer that. Being able to save a Spirit of the Labyrinth or Bob from a Bolt or Plow must be nice. And even as a just a flash 3/4 blocker can ambush a smaller creature.

But 4CMC or 5 isn't that bad really. I play 2 Shriekmaws, a Batterskull and a Hero of Bladehold and it works for me.
    Have you never revealed a Shriekmaw to Bob ? I know uncounterability is a thing but well...
    How was the 1-of Council's judgment compared to a 3rd vindicate ? I cannot see a common use case where CJ > Vindicate (except a resolved Emrakul, hexproof guy which I consider mostly as a corner case) but maybe I'm missing something here.
    I read your report and it seems that stone raining people have worked like a "charm".

I'm glad Bladehold shows up. I'm playing Sorin, LoI in its place to add further % against control & grindy matches.

I also like your SB, pretty well tuned against TC decks. After the GP, would you make changes, if any ? I'm playing with a second chains of Mephi because it synergizes so well with "Bob + Stone rain".

Thread Information