Page 254 of 319 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 6380

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Manriki-Gusari

From my phone. I do my best, dammit!
    YES! That's card!

I read the BR thread where they mention Deadguy has the same win percentage as Miracles (as of this year at SCG events). Hey Maharis, thanks for the shout out. lol.

I think the number crunching and all very interesting but I'm not sure if the numbers are correct. It said Deadguy was 18-16-2.

I wonder if they only counted SCG Opens or also included SCG 5K events. In any case I was 7-2-1 at SCG 5K Syracuse and 10-5 at SCG Open Worcester. 17-7-1. I also noticed that Deadguy did well at another 5K event, 2 guys finished in top 8. Hmmm....maybe they didn't count 5k events.

So if anything, the Deadguy win % should probably be a bit better. But I still wouldn't say Deadguy is a Tier 1 deck or one that anyone can pick up and do well with it. The numbers can be attributed to the fact very few people play the deck, and the ones that do probably specialize in that deck.

I've been experiencing better results against Miracles of late. Much better actually. I take out the moxes since the speed usually doesn't help vs them. Plus, I need to take out something as I side in about 10 cards. Probably going to take out the Containment Priest. I haven't sided it in against anyone in quite a while. My meta is filled with Delver, Miracles and Lands.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    I read the BR thread where they mention Deadguy has the same win percentage as Miracles (as of this year at SCG events). Hey Maharis, thanks for the shout out. lol.

I think the number crunching and all very interesting but I'm not sure if the numbers are correct. It said Deadguy was 18-16-2.

I wonder if they only counted SCG Opens or also included SCG 5K events. In any case I was 7-2-1 at SCG 5K Syracuse and 10-5 at SCG Open Worcester. 17-7-1. I also noticed that Deadguy did well at another 5K event, 2 guys finished in top 8. Hmmm....maybe they didn't count 5k events.

So if anything, the Deadguy win % should probably be a bit better. But I still wouldn't say Deadguy is a Tier 1 deck or one that anyone can pick up and do well with it. The numbers can be attributed to the fact very few people play the deck, and the ones that do probably specialize in that deck.

I've been experiencing better results against Miracles of late. Much better actually. I take out the moxes since the speed usually doesn't help vs them. Plus, I need to take out something as I side in about 10 cards. Probably going to take out the Containment Priest. I haven't sided it in against anyone in quite a while. My meta is filled with Delver, Miracles and Lands.
    The deck list?

Miracles is okey matchup for us, we don't need to overcominst the borad to win. The creture we have out is mostly value, (Stoneforge, Dark con and lingering souls)

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post
    The deck list?

Miracles is okey matchup for us, we don't need to overcominst the borad to win. The creture we have out is mostly value, (Stoneforge, Dark con and lingering souls)
    Maindeck is the same old, same old. The list is on Starcitygames from Syracuse April of this year or TC Decks. The sideboard is always being tweaked. Only real change is 1 Thalia in, 1 Containment Priest out. I found that I rarely sided Priest in lately.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Yeah I never found myself really needing much for miracles sans maybelike somesort of needle effect just to hit top or maybe EEto protect from angels or counter balance
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Hey I have posted in this thread before.

I am currently playing the following list:

In my experience Deathrite Shaman is just way better than Ęther Vial in general and I've been beating most things consistently with the deck. I really am not sure on some of the numbers and the sideboard was an enlightened tutor board where I then cut enlightened tutor for more canonists.

I really like this deck and am considering getting the alpha duals for it in paper so I can play it, since I have most of the rest already. What do you guys think are weak match ups? I can't really tell

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Quote Originally Posted by Bahra View Post
    What do you guys think are weak match ups? I can't really tell
    Lands is one. Decks with pfire in general are bad mu.

Jun 2011
    Russia, SPb

Miracles is another one. 3 chokes in SB is not even close to being enough for beating them.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted...

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Like I've said before, unless dig changed things, I was usually slightly favored against miracles. Maybe I just played the match up differently, but lingering souls does work against them. Try more needle effects and EE for angels/counterbalance.

Also liliana was a house. Do you guys find her underwhelming? I never played less than 3
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I mean, I'm not a fan of Batterskull in a deck with no Brainstorm, that's my main complaint.

If you're looking to beat Miracles consistently, Marc, you could run Teeg since you have Mothers to protect him, or just run Needle. Good card is good.

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, I'm not a fan of Batterskull in a deck with no Brainstorm, that's my main complaint.

If you're looking to beat Miracles consistently, Marc, you could run Teeg since you have Mothers to protect him, or just run Needle. Good card is good.

-Matt
    Well I don't really have a problem beating miracles, at least not so far.

I'm not looking to fix my deck (addressing all comments directed at me here) I'm just looking to figure out exactly the numbers of each card (that I'm already playing). I am very happy with the deck so far.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

List overall looks pretty solid. You play a few things I didn't like in general, but I also haven't played the deck in awhile so I say you do what works for you.

@Matt, Batterskull is probably a necessary evil here just because all of your threats alone are so bad. I think Canonist is very good here and I could see this deck having a very good Omni MU post board. How have you fared against the fair non blue decks Bahra? I mean I know you're probably better than most of your opponents and therefore can simply outplay them, but have you felt in your testing that you are winning due to outplaying them or due to the deck actually being powerful enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    List overall looks pretty solid. You play a few things I didn't like in general, but I also haven't played the deck in awhile so I say you do what works for you.

@Matt, Batterskull is probably a necessary evil here just because all of your threats alone are so bad. I think Canonist is very good here and I could see this deck having a very good Omni MU post board. How have you fared against the fair non blue decks Bahra? I mean I know you're probably better than most of your opponents and therefore can simply outplay them, but have you felt in your testing that you are winning due to outplaying them or due to the deck actually being powerful enough?
    Well I'm playing on magic online and have only run into 2 nonblue decks so far and that was a weird stax deck that I lost to, but that should be a very favourable match up due to lingering souls, deathrite shaman and bob, I had active bob for 4 turns but didn't see a land and thus lost. And I didn't see any of my good cards in the other game I lost as well. So I will chalk that one up to variance.

the other non-blue deck I faced was 4c Loam and that seems like a bad match up but I mana screwed him in game 1, he did the same to me in game 2, and then in game 3 I had deathrite into RiP (lol) and he dealt with both but eventually I got him with mom and lingering souls (lol again).

Now that I think about it, there's a lot of cards in the deck that are not super synergistic, but simply discarding the opponents hand in the first few turns or playing a dark confidant is so powerful in itself that this deck can win on the back of it.

Batterskull is very necessary in this deck. It would be a very bad idea to not run Skull in this deck.

As far as your list Bahra, seems fine. I'd say maybe cut a hymn for a one mana discard, to help out the curve a bit.

For bad matchups, I know what mine are but it may be different for you since our lists are different.

-burn. Playing Thoughtseize and Bob kinda sucks here. I guess seize is still necessary to take that critical Sufuric Vortex or Smash to Smithereens but it still sucks.
    -Belcher. If they win the die roll, it's pretty hard to win here. I don't lump in Oops All Spells as I can affect graveyards even on their turn 1 (oh the singleton Leyline).
    -Of late Grixis Pyromancer has been giving me some problems. Well, mostly the Pyromancer himself. But your build Bahra should handle that much better than Mine.
    -Omnitell. Bad for me. But I don't run Canonist. I feel you need to run at least 3 to make it worth it and since Omnitell is on the decline, I felt like it wasn't worth the slots in my meta.
    -UR Delver. Essentially burn with blue cards, lol. The Goblin Guide version can be hard to handle with so many (12 maybe more if they run Lavamancer) one mana dudes.

But other than that, I feel confidant. And even if I face those decks, they aren't auto lose matches. I beat Burn and Grixis at the 5K SCG Syracuse.

Jul 2013
    Texas

I know Megadeus has been talking about trying 4 Mom + 4 DRS decks for a while. I like this build. Mom is crucial for protecting our real threats, which are SFM/Bob/Sculler, against Bolt decks -- but neither Miracles nor Omnitell play Bolt, and since they're so popular, you don't just autolose games where you play DRS into Sculler and see two removal spells.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    I know Megadeus has been talking about trying 4 Mom + 4 DRS decks for a while. I like this build. Mom is crucial for protecting our real threats, which are SFM/Bob/Sculler, against Bolt decks -- but neither Miracles nor Omnitell play Bolt, and since they're so popular, you don't just autolose games where you play DRS into Sculler and see two removal spells.
    Mother is tried and true in DnT - I'm fairly certain the deck isn't nearly as good without Mom, so it might be fair to give it a spin in this deck, especially now. I like most of the choices in the board, but I might just say that instead of Choke, why not run Grip? Grip is a real beating against Miracles and Omni. Needle is also an option.

-Matt

What's the plan here against Omni? I've been thinking about taking this to a tourney next weekend, but every time I test Omni I feel like a massive underdog. If I can't resolve 2-3 discard spells in the first 2-3 turns he blows me out of the freaking water. I don't mind essentially punting game 1, but post board I still don't have a strong game, and given that I probably lost g1, that's a big problem as I need to take 2 in a row.

For sake of reference, here's what I've been working with:

3 Scrubland
    3 Bayou
    2 Swamp
    1 Plains
    1 Badlands
    10 Black Fetch.

4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Tidehollow Sculler
    2 Stoneforge Mystic
    1 Ethersworn Cannonist
    3 Phyrexian Obliterator

4 Dark Ritual
    4 Abrupt Decay
    4 Thoughtseize
    3 Hymn to Tourach
    3 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Batterskull
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Sylvan Library

SB
    2 Ethersworn Cannonist
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Zealous Persecution
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Pernicious Deed
    1 Thalia, Guardian of Thrabden
    1 Choke
    2 Slaughter Games

I realize that the Ritual-Obliterator plan is non-standard, but I'm quite fond of it. Other than STP, there's not many circumstances where I'd rather have drawn Lingering Souls or Hero of Bladehold, and I'm comfortable enough with how I match against Miracles and Stoneblade to give them that concession. The red and slaughter games should probably be changed, but I haven't yet found a better plan to tilt Omni into my favor.

leyline of the void has an advantage over rip in that you don't need to dedicate your second turn play, free to cast sculler, hymn, or lili. On the other hand, rip shuts off their dtt more reliably. you could test them (in your build) by going to a 1/1 split.

spirit of the labyrinth / chains of mephistopheles mangles omni up pretty badly, in my limited experience.

when playing against omni, definitely i try to set up with drs so i can take a more substantial turn two if i'm on the play.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Bahra View Post
    Hey I have posted in this thread before.

I am currently playing the following list:

In my experience Deathrite Shaman is just way better than Ęther Vial in general and I've been beating most things consistently with the deck. I really am not sure on some of the numbers and the sideboard was an enlightened tutor board where I then cut enlightened tutor for more canonists.

I really like this deck and am considering getting the alpha duals for it in paper so I can play it, since I have most of the rest already. What do you guys think are weak match ups? I can't really tell
    What I miss in this list is a good beater. Sure, you can win hiting with batterskull or 1/1 token with a jitte. But it's slow and don't close games fast. I have for exempel mirran crusader that beats gofy and really good with jitte. Like one pf Hero of Bladehold won't be wrong in this list.

Hey again I modified the sideboard of the list a little, now it's not the sorry remains of an enlightened tutor sideboard, but rather just a streamlined super solid sideboard (in my opinion).

Here's the list:

I did a 24 hour stream today, and I got to play 3 legacy dailies among other things. I played them all with this list and my results were 3-1, 3-1 and 4-0.

My losses were burn and a Junk deathblade deck. I beat miracles 5-6 times at least, storm a couple of times and various delver decks.

I am very happy with this configuration, and I encourage anyone looking for a consistent way to win with this deck, to try out this version or a version similar to it. I really dislike all the fancy chrome mox + 4 drops etc.

And we really don't need big beaters when we have equipment and lingering souls. Enough disruption means that even a random 2/2 is enough.

Thread Information