Page 257 of 320 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,140 of 6383

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

I'd prefer Tombstalker over Angler because of the flying. I can see why Angler sees more play because it can be hard for Grixis Delver to have double black.

Never tried Mentor in deadguy, I feel you would need to run Top to Maximize it's impact.

Played at my local 1K Legacy monthly event today. Made top 8. 4-1-1 in Swiss. Lost in Quarterfinals. Playing Enlightened Tutor again and Canonist in order to help deal with Omnitell.

Beat a 4 color deathblade deck (had many Shocklands), Elves, Miracles and an opponent didn't show up in round 3. Free win is always nice.
    Lost to burn and Intentional Draw.

Lost to Omnitell in Quarters. My one of silliness couldn't get there vs Omnitell.

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    I'd prefer Tombstalker over Angler because of the flying. I can see why Angler sees more play because it can be hard for Grixis Delver to have double black.

Never tried Mentor in deadguy, I feel you would need to run Top to Maximize it's impact.

Played at my local 1K Legacy monthly event today. Made top 8. 4-1-1 in Swiss. Lost in Quarterfinals. Playing Enlightened Tutor again and Canonist in order to help deal with Omnitell.

Beat a 4 color deathblade deck (had many Shocklands), Elves, Miracles and an opponent didn't show up in round 3. Free win is always nice.
    Lost to burn and Intentional Draw.

Lost to Omnitell in Quarters. My one of silliness couldn't get there vs Omnitell.
    Nice! Good showing. Mind sharing your list?

You can look it up on tcdecks.net or at Starcitygames. The Syracuse list is pretty much the same of what I'm playing now. Maindeck is almost the same except I play 2 Swamps and 2 Verdant Catacombs now. Before it was 3 Swamps and 1 Catacombs.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Thoughts on the new Vampire Nighthawk, especially in lists running Lingering Souls?

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Thoughts on the new Vampire Nighthawk, especially in lists running Lingering Souls?

-Matt
    It's a very good creature. Don't know what to cut for it. I like Hero of Bladehold as it's usually a 2 turn clock on its own. Drana is insane with any creature(s), alone it's still formidable but I don't know.

Maybe if your meta has lots of Golgari Charm or other 1 damage effects, it may be worth it. After one swing, your Lingering Souls tokens are immune to some of the -1/-1 effects running around. That's one thing Hero doesn't help out in. Lol, I know so picky... Drana has 3 abilities for a 2/3 for 3 mana and it's hard to find room for her.

I thought about Wasteland Strangler too. But it really screws with my mana curve as I run a lot of 3 drops already. 3 Lilly, 2 Vindicate, 1 Council's Judgment, 3 Lingering Souls etc. That's one reason why I went with Shriekmaw as I can cast it for 2 if I have to. I'm sure in Rock lists it may be better for Strangler as they usually run Abrupt Decay over Vindicate.

Norin-kin
    Aug 2015
    Portland, Oregon

What are everyone's thoughts of Wasteland Strangler? As a deck that usually runs at least 8 ways MB to exile our opponents cards I think a 3 drop 3/2 that can kill most creatures when it drops seems like good value to me. Especially if we use a DRS to play it turn 2.

Quote Originally Posted by blubberpompnao View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts of Wasteland Strangler? As a deck that usually runs at least 8 ways MB to exile our opponents cards I think a 3 drop 3/2 that can kill most creatures when it drops seems like good value to me. Especially if we use a DRS to play it turn 2.
    While I like the card for several reasons, yet another three mana drop has almost no place, at least in my lists. Everything is nice, if you can play it a turn earlier with shaman, but it still clutters your curve.

Also, I would really love to test Drana as a one-off. Might even cut a Lilly for her.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    While I like the card for several reasons, yet another three mana drop has almost no place, at least in my lists. Everything is nice, if you can play it a turn earlier with shaman, but it still clutters your curve.

Also, I would really love to test Drana as a one-off. Might even cut a Lilly for her.
    I mean, I've disliked Lili a bit since Pyromancer is a bit of a kick in the pants against that card, but I definitely want to try Drana out.

Maybe something like:

4 DRS
    4 SFM
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Mother of Runes
    2 Drana
    2 Tombstalker

4 Thoughtseize
    2 Cabal Therapy
    4 STP
    3 Lingering Souls
    2 Sensei's Top
    1 Unearth
    1 SOFI
    1 Jitte
    1 SoLaS
    + other I don't remember

21 Lands

-Matt

I mean, I've disliked Lili a bit since Pyromancer is a bit of a kick in the pants against that card, but I definitely want to try Drana out.

Maybe something like:

4 DRS
    4 SFM
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Mother of Runes
    2 Drana
    2 Tombstalker

4 Thoughtseize
    2 Cabal Therapy
    4 STP
    3 Lingering Souls
    2 Sensei's Top
    1 Unearth
    1 SOFI
    1 Jitte
    1 SoLaS
    + other I don't remember

21 Lands

-Matt
    I guess itīs mostly because Pyromancer didnīt make a big appearance yet in my area. I really like your list, tho I am always skeptical when it comes to mothers. How is the unearth working for you?

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Maybe something like:

4 DRS
    4 SFM
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Mother of Runes
    2 Drana
    2 Tombstalker

4 Thoughtseize
    2 Cabal Therapy
    4 STP
    3 Lingering Souls
    2 Sensei's Top
    1 Unearth
    1 SOFI
    1 Jitte
    1 SoLaS
    + other I don't remember

21 Lands

-Matt
    I'm loving the look of Drana so far. Bitterblossom seems awesome with her.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Just a thought, but maybe only 2 tops is a bit risky considering 2 tombstalkers. Maybe three, or 2 and one sylvan library?
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

DTT is gone, with "the most blue" period in the history of Legacy. Discards would be better.
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

But, now there's also other midrange decks to contend with. Long live Lingering Souls!

-Matt

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I think we're pretty well positioned again. Wish I still had my cards. Main Board Revokers are good again with the probable return of sneaky show!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I agree. Drana + Souls seems fantastic against all the Shardless etc. decks. Revoker may make a comeback, for sure.

-Matt

dtt is gone. Time to get drunk!

Vise is back, dig is gone. Oh yeah. I still did very well with deadguy with dig around, even with cruise I still did alright. But I'm much happier cruise and dig are gone. May play more deadguy, as I played mud a fair bit.

Smarter than your average Bear Deck
    Jan 2009

I was a longtime Deadguy fan for many years, were always favorite colors of mine. Anyways, I was inspired by the new Wasteland Strangler, something clicked in my head and I immediately thought of Deadguy Ale because:

Wasteland Strangler // Tidehollow Sculler // Swords to Plowshares // Reanimate?

...all have amazing synergy.

So basically you got StP to exile creatures, Sculler comes down and can exile removal/counters/or whatever the biggest threat is, then you can follow that up Turn 3+ with Strangler which looks like an absolute diamond in the ruf. It's colorless removal, it can get around MOM, it can get around Sword of Light and Shadow equipped to any 2/1, 1/1 creatures or just act as a blocker. Little to no decks run things like Unearth where it's even gonna' matter if you return a creature you exiled with StP for example, in fact I even figured if you want to get cute, flip it on them by running cards like Reanimate to steal their Goyf that you exiled from them. Thoughts?
    May your suffering equal your weakness
    --Ihsan's Shade

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Wasteland Strangler need support to be good, other creature is good on thier own.

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Jackass View Post
    This is actually what makes it worth talking about. Sculler only temporarily exiles the card, and Strangler puts it into the graveyard. This is an interesting way to turn Sculler into an actual 2-for-1. I was quite unexcited about Strangler, but this is an interesting testbed for it between DRS, Plow, and Sculler.

That said, he doesn't kill any of the big threats in legacy and probably doesn't do anything you need a 3-drop to do aside form the potential CA:
    -Doesn't handle Equips
    -Doesn't have evasion
    -Doesn't handle TNN, Goyf, KotR, or Angler (quite the contrary for the last three actually)
    -Doesn't help against combo
    -Casting 3 drops against Delver is a luxury

I wouldn't be surprised if he was good, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Thread Information