Page 290 of 319 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 6380

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

No Green land for Deathrite?
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Apr 2017
    Texas

Ha! Nope, not yet. I'm rebuilding my collection, it is on the horizon though.

Figure I could have fun with my group/at locals with seemingly bad cards. Who knows, maybe even stumble into new sthuper sthweet tech.

I currently have a Savannah in my deck. But it feels weird so far... looks dope next to Scrublands though!

I've actually stripped my list back to the black/white core. Running mostly full playsets of our staples currently, nothing fancy but that makes card swaps easy at least.

...my Bitterblossoms are starting to feel lonely
    Dead Guy Ale // Burn
    Delver/Pyro // Turbo Fish!

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post
    No Green land for Deathrite?
    I'd fit in a Bayou somewhere...

Apr 2017
    Texas

Bayou will be back to play very soon. Feels damn nice. Caved and proxied it up again. Decay is also pretty nice if we find ourselves against Czech Piles and/or Grixis stuff I suppose. Seems like that's been my life lately.

@sdematt - Your list looks like a great place to start. I don't want to change the subject here too much. I'm going to tinker around but it looks fun.
    Dead Guy Ale // Burn

Couldn't make it to Eternal weekend. Ugh. My friend had to cancel last minute and I couldn't find a ride since I could only take the Friday off. Lol, I did register and cancelled but my name is still on the standings. Someone got a round 1 bye. Least someone benefited from my absence. Next time I book for Eternal, I'm taking the Thursday off too....

I did notice a Dead guy player just missing the top 8. Using Fleshbag Marauder too. Interesting. I do love the interaction with that and Liliana, the Last hope....
    If opponent brings in a 1 toughness dude, +1 Liliana. If opponent brings in a dude like True Name, -2 to bring back Marauder to kill it. I'm wondering if that's why Marauder is in there or if they are like me and just love their 187 creatures.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    Couldn't make it to Eternal weekend. Ugh. My friend had to cancel last minute and I couldn't find a ride since I could only take the Friday off. Lol, I did register and cancelled but my name is still on the standings. Someone got a round 1 bye. Least someone benefited from my absence. Next time I book for Eternal, I'm taking the Thursday off too....

I did notice a Dead guy player just missing the top 8. Using Fleshbag Marauder too. Interesting. I do love the interaction with that and Liliana, the Last hope....
    If opponent brings in a 1 toughness dude, +1 Liliana. If opponent brings in a dude like True Name, -2 to bring back Marauder to kill it. I'm wondering if that's why Marauder is in there or if they are like me and just love their 187 creatures.
    Do you have the link to the list?
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

BW-Stoneblade-at-Eternal-Weekend-(Main-Event)

I was looking at this list, but there are no Dark Confidants, so he's not calling it DGA and I'm not sure if any of you would either.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    BW-Stoneblade-at-Eternal-Weekend-(Main-Event)

I was looking at this list, but there are no Dark Confidants, so he's not calling it DGA and I'm not sure if any of you would either.
    I would say it's a DeadGuy without Dark Confidant. :) Most of the Core is still DGA.

Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

May 2013
    Canada, eh

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post

We really missed you there, Wilkin.

I did play against a DGA pilot that said he was specifically inspired by YOU to play the deck. Shoutout to you, round 2 guy, ggs. :)

Quote Originally Posted by barcode View Post
    We really missed you there, Wilkin.

I did play against a DGA pilot that said he was specifically inspired by YOU to play the deck. Shoutout to you, round 2 guy, ggs. :)
    Thanks. Yeah, I miss the road trips to go play MTG. Going with friends, eating food afterwards.

lol. I have a fan club. Although I must admit, it really sucks losing to Shriekmaw or worse yet, Hero of Bladehold.

Yeah that bw stoneblade list is interesting. Funny thing, I thought he could be playing Fleshbag Marauder partially because of interaction with Liliana, the Last Hope. Turns out, that Liliana wasn't in the 75. I can't wait to recycle Shriekmaw to kill things. :)

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

I would say it's a DeadGuy without Dark Confidant. :) Most of the Core is still DGA.
    So then is this the best place to discuss it? I have the cards and am considering toying with it, but I'm not interested in paying for Dark Confidants, and that seems to be pretty core to the deck. It's the thread title even.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    So then is this the best place to discuss it? I have the cards and am considering toying with it, but I'm not interested in paying for Dark Confidants, and that seems to be pretty core to the deck. It's the thread title even.
    Probably here. It seems a little silly to have a separate thread for BW stoneblade when DGA has basically evolved into that anyways. I wouldn't fault anyone for not running Confidants, he's very fragile and given the amount of removal everyone is running he seems like a pretty big liability. I think the important thing is to replace them with cards that are also capable of generating CA e.g. the playset of vindicates, lilianas and verdicts just like what Vindicate ran at EW.

Are confidants still pricey? I figured they would have gone down with the MM printings and they seem to be less played in the older formats.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Pricey in a world where I have all the other cards already, yeah.
    I missed the boat on Dark Confidant and Tarmogoyf, so my deck selection purposefully avoided those cards.

I always loved DGA as a deck, Vindicate's tournament report really struck a cord as a cool deck -and- one I could play.
    I mean eventually, yeah, if playing the deck for months and feel the need for more CA, then I'll pick some up.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Ended up getting ruined by Big Red out of day today at the SCG Open but playing the deck really felt like the real deal. I think I won the majority of my games off just hymning the crap out of my opponents and also just drawing cards off palace jailer. I think I could have mulliganed more aggressively in the Lands, Belcher and Big Red matchups looking back at it, live and learn I guess. The grixis delver matchup was just bad beats, mulliganed to 5 game 1 and couldn't find a 3rd land between 3 Confidant triggers and in game 2 my only out was dead to the 4 bolts in his deck still. I won't be able to make the classic tomorrow but if I was to take a list i'd go -1 lingering souls +1 vindicate main and -1 Path +1 Fatal Push in the side.

Best things I heard today were "Is this a real deck or a homebrew?" and multiple people asking me "Are you playing maverick?".

2-0 Eldrazi
    2-1 D&T
    0-2 Lands
    0-2 Grixis Delver
    0-2 Belcher
    2-0 Grixis Delver
    2-1 D&T
    1-2 Big Red

1 Bayou
    2 Vindicate
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Inquisition of Kozilek
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Scrubland
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    2 Palace Jailer
    1 Cabal Therapy
    4 Wasteland
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Lingering Souls
    2 Swamp
    3 Thoughtseize
    1 Batterskull
    1 Plains
    4 Marsh Flats
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Karakas
    2 Chrome Mox
    3 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Path to Exile
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Toxic Deluge
    2 Zealous Persecution
    2 Rest in Peace
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

@ CptHaddock. Do you have Surgical and Rest in Peace for the Lands matchup?

I have played with both against the lands matchup and I always felt a fool playing with both.

Rest In Peace will make all Surgical dead cards and the land player can still play around it when it's in the play.

I remove my both RiP in the sideborad for one more surgical and Tormud's Crypt.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

@ CptHaddock. Do you have Surgical and Rest in Peace for the Lands matchup?

I have played with both against the lands matchup and I always felt a fool playing with both.

Rest In Peace will make all Surgical dead cards and the land player can still play around it when it's in the play.

I remove my both RiP in the sideborad for one more surgical and Tormud's Crypt.
    There definitely are a few matchups where it's awkward to have both. I absolutely hate losing to Br Reanimator which is why I have the 2 surgicals but I also wanted a way to combat most of the U decks in the format. Grixis Delver and 4c Control don't really have many ways of removing it, and once you cut that off your cards are significantly better than theirs (atleast on paper).

Good day.

Apr 2015
    Long Island, NY

With all the talk of Deathrite Shaman in the crosshairs for the ban list, how do you think it would alter our deck? What would you replace him with? Would our deck fall apart? Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRS ban would not be too big a blow to us I think.

Could go more creature heavy and use Mother of Runes, even Aether Vile like a black Death and Taxes.

More likely, though, I'd just fill out the slots with more of the staple stuff already in the lists.

Maybe off-color Gitaxian Probe and Cabal Therapy.

Jul 2013
    Texas

[Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

If DRS is banned, I think this deck is a good fit for Deadeye Tracker. hitting all your land drops and binning Lingering Souls while nuking their GY seems insane.

Apr 2017
    Texas

I thought that Deadeye Tracker was Wizards preparing ahead of time. It seemed like a "fixed" DRS juuuuuust incase they pulled the plug on Dr. Shaman.

I think it might be safe to say that it might not hurt to start getting reps in with what ever your plan to use iffffff he's banned.

EDIT: I'm going to be travelling here pretty soon and I'm looking for advice on building a sort of vanilla sideboard that could (maybe) have play against several unknown metas. I'm putting a list together right now so I'll edit this post again with some sort of deck. Any general sideboarding advice would be sweet - never really tried to make one without kinda trying to snipe things lolz
    Last edited by Sleepy_Eyes; 11-02-2017 at 10:57 AM. Reason: no use for a new reply
    Dead Guy Ale // Burn

Thread Information