Page 295 of 319 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,900 of 6380

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    I don't know what discord is. I don't know of any reddit threads specific to Deadguy. Not long ones anyway. I do see people ask from time to time about the deck on it though.
    Discord is basically IRC for millennials.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    Yeah basically what Cpt Haddock says.

I don't know what discord is. I don't know of any reddit threads specific to Deadguy. Not long ones anyway. I do see people ask from time to time about the deck on it though.

ClimbGneiss. Your list looks to be tailored to be better vs Czech Pile than Grixis Delver. You don't have Mystics and a ton of equipment to get blown out by K. Command. I would suggest going forward that you put in another Gideon, Ally of Zendikar if you are going hard on tokens as a lot of people are playing Liliana, the Last Hope in sideboards now.

Hmmm....I'm stubborn. LOL, it pained me to take out a Shriekmaw for a Liliana, the Last Hope. Although I have had instances where with Last Hope -2 ability, I'm able to evoke Shriekmaw mulitple times. :) My build is better able to take on Grixis Delver than Czech Pile. Have had some success with Leyline of Sanctity vs Czech Pile (for their Hymns, Edicts, Jace +2, Therapy) but of course there are times where it does nothing.

Wondering what Else I could do to out grind those decks. Liliana, the Last Hope has been really good. But with Angler and TNN, sometimes it doesn't do enough. LOL, hey I could bring back Gatekeeper of Malakir to raise dead with.
    Thanks to all three of you for the reply. I'd be happy to start a Facebook group if that's more everyone's speed. I don't know how to start a discord. Like you, I just recently heard of them but they seem to accelerate discussion. I think a Facebook group would work similarily. In general, I thought a blue based deck was absolutely the way to go, but I am a big fan of a couple of things afforded to Deadguy:
    1. the mana stability is fantastic. even if one is only running a single swamp and a single plains, it feels rock solid versus decks like turbo moon.
    2. the extra design space as the guy two up from my comment mentioned. wilkin mentioned that my list was tuned to Czech pile and I did intend for the design to have some splash damage versus Czech when I originally built it to screw with Miracles, which I feel is on the up and up.

I think that this deck proves that you don't necessarily need blue because of the Dark Confidant draws you through your deck and Stoneforge Mystic is a tutor. I do worry a little about my equipment ending up dead in my hand versus removal or my equipment getting sniped with discard, but I suppose in either scenario you are winning the resource war. In my tokens version, I thought that I wanted as many cards that hit the board and produced a "card-like effect" per turn. Walkers, Bitterblossom, Sylvan Library, Jitte, etc.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

I don't think we need a Facebook Group. I think thie thread is better then to have facebook group.

I like more the Discord idea.
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

I have (but don't use often) Discord but not Facebook.
    Hoping it stays on the Source, but if it were to leave, hope somebody brings back tales to the dinosaurs like myself left behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2013

This thread is history! Stay with it. It's the oldest active one, started during Legacy's year 1 and it's on a deck that has managed to stay relevant.
    For those interested in the latest Ancient decks (and the format in general) visit: http://ancientmtgdecks.blogspot.ca/

Yea, I don't think anyone is suggesting we don't continue here. I hope not.

I keep hearing about discord channels in relation to twitch streams but haven't checked it out, though I think I would for a Deadguy chat. Maybe a bit more casual to float off-the wall ideas.

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

For the deck, I have:

Liliana of the Veil
    Liliana, the Last Hope
    Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    Gideon of the Trials
    Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
    Sorin, Solemn Visitor
    Kaya, Ghost Assassin

All of these cards have seen play some of the decks. They all have uses, so I was wondering what reasons you guys have to play them in the 75 or leave them at home?

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    For the deck, I have:

Liliana of the Veil
    Liliana, the Last Hope
    Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    Gideon of the Trials
    Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
    Sorin, Solemn Visitor
    Kaya, Ghost Assassin

All of these cards have seen play some of the decks. They all have uses, so I was wondering what reasons you guys have to play them in the 75 or leave them at home?
    I'd recommend some combinations of the Lilianas in your 75, they're pretty much your cookie cutter planeswalkers and they're both good in basically every matchup (besides last hope against spell based combo). Gideon of the Trials is pretty much only good against storm, in the delver matchups he gets killed way too easily and he just doesn't contribute enough against all the other decks in the format. The Sorins and Ally of Zendikar are roughly the same, Solemn Visitor helps stabilize a little more against delver. Never tried Kaya, but people keep on saying she's good for grinding so ymmv.
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

I have been using Kaya for several months now and I highly recommend trying her out. If you can plant her and aren't already too far behind she can be devastating, especially if your opponent under estimates her. Plus if you can get liliana and her at the same time the feeling is almost as good as swinging with a rhino equipped with jittw and batterskull.

Lili last hope has been awesome for me, and i main board 2 of them. Its great at keeping you alive, killing small creatures, and getting extra value out of creatures. Especially fun post board with macabre which can devastate graveyard decks. Also fun with fleshbag marauder or shriekmaw if you need extra removal. Dont leave home without it.

Gideon of the trials was ok when i played it, but didnt wow me. I found it to be an awkward to remove 4/4 more often than anything. Does make storms life hard, but at 3 mana, so do a lot of things.

Gideon ally of zendikar is one-of somewhere in the 75. Its killer vs control decks and can easily take over a game. At 4 mana you cant run too many with bob, but its too poweful to not include IMO

Sorin lord of innistrad doeant really shore up any matchups we should be favored in, but i guess if your meta is super delver heavy and you want to stomp those decks its ok.

Sorin lord of innistrad generally isnt as good for me as gideon ally of zendikar, but i did steal a Jace, TMS with the ultimate once so it holds a special place in my heart.

Kaya helps with card advantage and can keep anglers and goyfs at bey which is nice. Extra card draw on top of bob can give you an edge in grindy matchups. Kaya into an empty board is a decent clock and can help stabilize life totals in long games. I often cant find room for her, but always wish i could. I think shes deceptively strong and 100% playable if you have the space in your list.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

One thing I have discoverd with Gideon of the trials that it's good against lands.

Everytime I get to cast Gideon of the Trails against lands, he have been very helpful and hard for my oppment to get rid off. They have to use two P.Fire to kill him and it's at least 4 mana they have to spend to kill him.

First his Emblem Token is gold. It prevent the land player to just win the game right away with 20/20. If they have already created one, Gideons +1 will force the oppent to make a new token or kill gideon.

Also he can become a 4/4 and is not affect by Tabernacle.

Summry: Gideon of the Trails has been really nice for me in the lands matchup.
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post
    One thing I have discoverd with Gideon of the trials that it's good against lands.
    Interesting, although i find more often than not theyll EoT make a marit lage and kill you with it, but i guess if theyre trying to push through a bunch of souls tokens and you drop gideon it does create a huge headache for lands, especially if you can surgical away their pfires. Might be worth a second look in my board, seems like lands is on the upswing lately.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Notion Thief View Post
    Interesting, although i find more often than not theyll EoT make a marit lage and kill you with it, but i guess if theyre trying to push through a bunch of souls tokens and you drop gideon it does create a huge headache for lands, especially if you can surgical away their pfires. Might be worth a second look in my board, seems like lands is on the upswing lately.
    I have Gideon in the main deck. I don't think he is good sideborad card. He is alright overall in most matchup. He is best aginst Strom and Lands, two of the worst matchups for our deck.

If the match is grindy then I borad in the Ally of Zendikar instead.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

I have Gideon in the main deck. I don't think he is good sideborad card. He is alright overall in most matchup. He is best aginst Strom and Lands, two of the worst matchups for our deck.

If the match is grindy then I borad in the Ally of Zendikar instead.
    In what world is storm a bad matchup for this deck? You attack the deck from the 2 best angles e.g. hatebears and discard. The lands matchup is fine too, game 1 you are heavily unfavored but I think it's pretty even games 2 & 3. The combo deck that i'm most scared of is elves, since they have a good number of hands where 1 for 1 trades just don't work well.

Good day.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    In what world is storm a bad matchup for this deck? You attack the deck from the 2 best angles e.g. hatebears and discard. The lands matchup is fine too, game 1 you are heavily unfavored but I think it's pretty even games 2 & 3. The combo deck that i'm most scared of is elves, since they have a good number of hands where 1 for 1 trades just don't work well.
    I am more scared aginst Strom then elves. I don't have my hatebeats in game 1 against them and even with discard, they can win from nowhere.

There are more dead card in game 1 against Storm then Elves. The both match-ups become better in game 2 and 3.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Storm decks pack a ton of discards. If our 2cc hate can not land safely, how a 3cc can?
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
    Storm decks pack a ton of discards. If our 2cc hate can not land safely, how a 3cc can?
    It's not like we sideborad in Trails for the Strom matchup. Sometimes we get a Deathrite turn 1 to Trails and take the game away in Game 1.

Strom can play other removel to kill creutres or have dischant effect. Gideon of the Trails is harder to remove.

AKA, it's not perfect but still good alround card.

Well, the hope with a 3 mana hate card is your hand has other cards to slow them down like a Thoughtseize or a Thalia. Or LOL, in my case hopefully I get my Leyline of Sanctity to protect my hand from a Therapy.

Never tried Kaya before. Sorin, Lord of Innistrad is ok but Gideon IMO is better plus Sorin tokens die to Liliana, the Last Hope.

Currently run 3 Liliana of the Veil and 1 Liliana, the Last Hope main. 1 Hope in the board. With the new Walker rule that you can have different Lilianas (or Jaces etc.) in play at the same time is insane.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

I start to play alot on XMage to practice to GP Birmingham.

My Current Decklist:
    https://deckstats.net/decks/21860/97...saved=1&lng=en

I have made a few changes with my list. I have move Liliana, Last Hope from sideborad to main and removed a Veil from main. I think two Veil works and I really want to have Last Hope in main right now.

This leave me a slot over in sideborad. The big decks now is Czech Pile and Grixis Delver. They have A LOT of 1 for 1 removel and get a lot of card value. I notice they have issue to deal with Linging Souls so I added one in the sideborad.

Any thoughts on my current list?

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Any thoughts on my current list?
    I just get an error, deck not public

Thread Information