Page 296 of 319 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,920 of 6380

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    I just get an error, deck not public
    Thanks, here is a share link: https://deckstats.net/decks/21860/97...EGd9ABFJwoc4yS
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

A new torument report! I played Legacy League Finals in Stockholm and here is the decklist:

// 3 Artifact
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Batterskull
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

// 15 Creature
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Tidehollow Sculler
    4 Stoneforge Mystic

// 5 Instant
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Fatal Push

// 22 Land
    1 Windswept Heath
    1 Horizon Canopy
    3 Scrubland
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Wasteland
    1 Bayou
    1 Karakas
    4 Swamp
    4 Marsh Flats
    2 Plains

// 4 Planeswalker
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Gideon of the Trials
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope

// 11 Sorcery
    4 Thoughtseize
    1 Toxic Deluge
    2 Lingering Souls
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Council's Judgment

// 15 Sideboard
    // 2 Artifact
    SB: 1 Pithing Needle
    SB: 1 Tormod's Crypt

// 4 Creature
    SB: 1 Gaddock Teeg
    SB: 1 Ethersworn Canonist
    SB: 2 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

// 6 Instant
    SB: 1 Disenchant
    SB: 3 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Zealous Persecution
    SB: 1 Diabolic Edict

// 2 Planeswalker
    SB: 1 Kaya, Ghost Assassin
    SB: 1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar

// 1 Sorcery
    SB: 1 Lingering Souls

Match 1: UW Miracels 0-2

Game 1:
    Mull to 6 with wasteland, karakas, Stoneforge, deathrite, bob and other black cards. I know what deck he played so I thought the hand was okey and don’t want to mulligan more.

The only spell I cast that game was Stoneforge and it got force. He plays Jace when I have only two lands so I scooped

Sideboard:
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +1 Kaya
    +1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    +1 Lingering Souls
    +1 Gaddock Teeg

-1 Council's Judgment
    -3 Swords
    -1 Fatal Push
    -1 Toxic Deluge

Game 2:
    I keep a 6 with lingering souls, liliana of the veil and Gideon, Ally of Zendikar. I cast lingering souls and give him pressure with two tokens.

Turn 4 i just passed the turn. He has 3 lands up and I have 4 lands and two tokens. My hand was Liliana of the veil and Gideon of Zendikar. I really don't want to lose my planeswalker to counter spell so I pass the turn.

He draw a Terminus on his turn to get my tokens and pass the turn.

On my turn I draw Tidehollow and play it. His hand was full of answers like Spell Pieres, disenchant, absent ect. I took Disenchant and play my Stoneforge to Batterskull.

He draw Angels from the top and creates 3 tokens. I tried to get in Batterskull to have preures myself but he had all the answers. I should played Veil to save time but the game looked very grim from the start.

Match 2 Deathblade 1-1

Game 1:
    I keep a hand with Thoughtseize, Stoneforge and lands. I start with Thoughtseize and see Jace, Truename, Sylvan Library, Last Hope. He didn’t have mana to cast any of the cards so I took his Sylvan Library to prevent hem to draw a land that gives him green and play it on his turn 2.

He draws a Thoughtseize and takes my Stoneforge. I have only Sword of Fire and Ice and lands.

So I was mana flooded and he was mana screwed so in the end he draw all the lands and play all the action.

Sideboard:
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +1 Disenchant
    +1 Lingering Souls

-1 Push
    -2 Swords
    -1 Tidehollow Sculler

Game 2:

This is the most grindy game ever. He gets the upper hand with Liliana, the Last Hope on turn 2. I get a StoneForge and 2 Deathrite to keep Last Hope in control. On turn 4 I get a Batterskull and on turn 5 I get my own Last Hope out but he protects his Last Hope with Lingering Souls. The turn after he get Bitterblossom out.

He gets a jace resolved and bounce the Germ Token. So he has a 1/1 token, Jace on 2 and Last Hope on 7. I draw Needle adn I activate my Last Hope first to kill the token. I cast Needle on Last Hope and attack Jace with my creatures.

He draws a Vinciate and destroy my Needle and ultimate Liliana. But he forgot the emblem tigger on end step.

I hit him with my Stoneforge with Batterskull with Jitte and force him to block. Then I get my Last Hope ultimate so I also gets emblem and get the trigger on end step. He gets a Sword of Feast and Famine on a Zombie tokens.

After a few turns he draws a EE and set it to two. He activated it to kill my Jitte with 2 counter and Stoneforge. He loses his Bitterblossom. He has two Faerie tokens and a zombie token so I kill his Faeries.

So the game state looked like this:

https://twitter.com/GanfarJaffar/sta...49730510262275

He attacked with this Zombie token with Sword of Feast and Famine and reequip on another Zombie so I couldn’t attack with my Batterskull. I was on 25 life and no card so there were no danger there. My two deathrite made him lose life and to 3 life. He killed both of them and then I draw Lingering souls. He don’t find 4 removal for the spirits and I equip a spirit and kill him

Game 3

I have no creatures for early and he gets a Stoneforge and Truename. I don’t cast anything (Only two lands and have Toxic Deluge on hand) and he beats me down to 8 life with True Name and Stoneforge. I draw my third land and play Toxic Deluge for two.

He gets a Batterskull out. Draw Lingering souls and play it. Time rounds are called. He plays a Jace and hit with Batterskull. Flashback to get more blockers and he don’t find removal for them. Draw.

Match 3 Shardless BUG 2-1

Game 1:

I think he mulligan to 6 and I Thoughtseize him turn 1. He plays a Bayou to Deathrite. Turn 2 I play a Stoneforge. He activate Deathrite and plays a brainstorm. He gets Brainstorm locked and I activated Stoneforge to get Batterskull out. I avoid to use my fetchlands so he could get mana for his deathrite shaman.

Sideboard:
    +1 Lingering Souls
    +1 Kaya, Ghost Assassin

-1 Gideon of the Trails
    -2 Thoughtseize

Game 2:

I keep a one lander with 2 Deathrite and thoughtseize. I know it was going to be grindy matchup so I keep it. The issue was I didn’t draw that many lands so I couldn't keep up his value with Vision and Jace. When he had 6 cards in his hand and 8 land out and I have 3 lands and 2 cards. I had to scoop.

Game 3:

I get a Stoneforge turn 2 and get a Batterskull turn 3.
    He gets Deathrite turn 1 to Turn 2 Shardless. Casade to Vision. Turn 3 he gets second shardless and gets Brainstorm. I get to play a Bob that lives a few turns and gives me the cards to beat the vision

I attack with my Batterskull and he blocks with both his Sharless. He Hymn me that turn after and hits both Gideon Ally of Zendikar but other card. We trade a lot of cards until I had only a Last Hope in play. She was on 5 loyalty and I use 2 to get my Stoneforge back to get Sword of Fire and Ice. I have already a Batterskull and Jitte with two counters in play.

I get to -2 again to get Bob but he dies right away. I have to get +1 with Last Hope to get her to 2. He draw his card and pass.

The only card I was afraid was AD to kill my Last Hope. So I rather get my Bob back to kill him in the next swing then +1 Liliana and she dies. I do that and you can see the result on the tweet here

https://twitter.com/GanfarJaffar/sta...12723746586624

Match 4 UW Blade 2-0

Game 1:
    He is on the play and plays a Plains. I suspects a Swords so instead of playing Deathrite I play Thoughtseize. Truename and swords but only one land in hand. I take the Swords.

He brainstorms but don’t find anything. I get two Deathrites out. I think he gets land 3 and plays Truename. He gets the beats. But I play Tidehollow and Stoneforge to get Sword of Fire and Ice.

I activate Stoneforge to get Swords of Fire and Ice out and Equip to Tidehollow. I wastelanded his land and I won the race.

Sideboard:
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +1 Disenchant
    +1 Lingering Souls

-1 Push
    -2 Swords
    -1 Tidehollow Sculler

Game 2:
    He gets out a Stoneforge and gets a Jitte, I play Tidehollow and see Disenchant, Jace, Ally of Zendikar, True Name. I remove Disenchant.
    He casts Truename. My turn I play Judgement but he force it. I get a Hymn and gets both his planeswalkers. He has only Jitte left and plays out and Equips to Truename.

Later in the game I get Jitte, Sword of Fire and Ice, Bob, Tidehollow with Dischenat. I have 6 mana upp. He has hit with Truename with Jitte and has two counters. I Equip to Bob to force him to use the counter. He does and I equip both jitte and Swords to Tidehollow. This turn to a race again where he kills my other creatures but he can’t stop Tidehollow with Fire and Ice.

Match 4 BUG Delver 0-2

Game 1:

I keep a 2 fetch, 2 duals, wasteland, Deathrite and Jitte. I won the dice roll and starts with Deathrite. He plays Mistrainforst and passes.

I draw another land and plays my Jitte. I attack with my deathrite. He brainstorms on my turn. Draw my second Deathrite, plays it and equip the Jitte.

He plays Gofy so I can’t attack with my Deathrite to his Leovold.

He gets attacks with Gofy and plays Leovold. I can’t attack until his Leovold so my deathrite drain him life lost. I removel for Gofy. He gets a Hymn to my but I discard two lands. Then he plays Tombstalker.

The turn after I draw Gideon of the Trails and have to use him on Tombstalker. My opponent draws a card from Levold. He ADs Trails and I don’t find any answers.

Sideboard:
    +1 Lingering Souls
    +1 Diabolic Edict

-2 Thoughtseize
    -1 Gideon of the Trails

Game 2:

This match was mostly one for one. I was going to take over the game with Bob but he had Golgari Charm for it. Then he gets a Sylvan Library with 19 life left. I had no cards in hand and I couldn’t get ahead at all against it.

The end result is 2-1-2. This is a good warmup for Birmingham next week. I think I keep to many hands with to many lands and I felt I was flooded in most games.

What do you guys think of the UW Miracels matchup? I think it's awful and I don't know how to win against the deck.
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Miracles matchup kinda sucks. Although your version has more walkers in it which is always a good thing vs a deck like that. If you feel that there is going to be a lot of Miracles, perhaps you should find a way to put in some Abrupt Decays. You may also want to take out a Thalia for another Teeg. I know Teeg dies to a lot but does stop Entreat, Terminus, Jace, Gideon, Force etc.

Oh and I assume you already know this...but in case you don't. I see you play 3 Surgical Extractions. So if your opponent has a Terminus in their GY already, and they try and miracle another Terminus.....you can respond to the miracle trigger with Surgical on the Terminus in the GY. Since the triggered Terminus is technically still in their hand...they lose it, effectively stopping it from happening. LOL, I have 1 surgical in my board and have done that only once ever. But it did win me the game so there's that.

On a side note, I find it very weird Miracles isn't as played much in real life. That said a SCG I'm watching now has 4 miracles that made day 2, tied for 2nd in decks played.

Even without Top, Miracles is an excellent deck. LOL, maybe if there is a resurgence in that deck people will stop complaining about Deathrite and complain about Portent for some reason.

I've got a grand prix coming up and I'm not gonna change for Miracles or 4 color control. Hoping to dodge it or lucksack like I usually do. :D I'm priming for a lot of Grixis Delver, Lands and possibly dragon stompy (which I feel is a bit underplayed since it good vs Grixis Delver, 4 color and Lands. And also not as much show and tell which is bad for Stompy....well for me whenever i play stompy).

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I always felt decent against miracles even before top ban. 50/50 anyway. What makes you feel weak against them? I feel like souls and Liliana are some of the best cards to fight the deck. Jace can be tough to deal with at times, but you have enough spot discard and even vindicates on the land it can be tough to resolve a Jace
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I always felt decent against miracles even before top ban. 50/50 anyway. What makes you feel weak against them? I feel like souls and Liliana are some of the best cards to fight the deck. Jace can be tough to deal with at times, but you have enough spot discard and even vindicates on the land it can be tough to resolve a Jace
    Against meh or ok Pilots I felt like it was 50/50. Against competent players I'd say 40/60 at best.

Found Jace to be super annoying, even if I had the Vindicate that resolved. They play a grindy game that usually could outlast me. Haven't played against it much since Top banning. Both Liliana's and Souls very good vs that deck but it's still annoying to face that deck. 4 color too with kologhan's command.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    Against meh or ok Pilots I felt like it was 50/50. Against competent players I'd say 40/60 at best.

Found Jace to be super annoying, even if I had the Vindicate that resolved. They play a grindy game that usually could outlast me. Haven't played against it much since Top banning. Both Liliana's and Souls very good vs that deck but it's still annoying to face that deck. 4 color too with kologhan's command.
    I haven't found the matchup to be that bad, but i'm also running 2 Prelates and 2 Teegs in my board because I lose to combo and also a palace jailer and an extra liliana side. I think that the current versions of miracles are super vulnerable in the early game so that's usually the best time to attack them. A lot of slower hands will get punished because it's so easy for them to sculpt their hands. So forcing them to react to what you are doing rather than the way around is really good. Palace jailer is a very good way to keep up in CA with miracles but obviously at some point JTMS and cantrips just take over the game and there really is no coming back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Double posting for value. I ended up getting 12th in the Classic yesterday with *checks notes* Abzan Maverick. I haven't played paper magic in a long time so I kind of went with whatever I already had sleeved up and added a Liliana to my board since I only had 14 cards (also to increase the price of the deck, because the more expensive your deck the more you win) and somehow managed to dodge all the Grixis Delver players around me. Will post a report when I get some more time and both remember the games and look at my notes. Off the top of my head I lost to Lands and Burn and beat Sneak and Show x2, Br Reanimator, Post Stompy, Miracles and Soldier Stompy.
    Last edited by CptHaddock; 05-07-2018 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Misremembered the griselbrand decks I played against.
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I feel the weakness is they can get ahead in Card Adventage with Predict. The planeswalker is good but I never get to resolve one and win the game with it. It gives me some value until miracles founds answers for it.

The local miracles that I play most with are very good with the decks so it's even harder for me.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post
    I feel the weakness is they can get ahead in Card Adventage with Predict. The planeswalker is good but I never get to resolve one and win the game with it. It gives me some value until miracles founds answers for it.

The local miracles that I play most with are very good with the decks so it's even harder for me.
    If you are allowing them to do whatever they want they will 100% win the matchup.

Good day.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I am by no means an expert, but in my experience against Miracles I would always prioritize Sylvan Library main (always 2+) and Choke out of the board, baiting counterspells with Dark Confidant/Stoneforge Mystic/etc.. I could find a way to resolve a creature threat for a turn or 2, but I would always have it for only a limited time, whereas the resolved enchantments were very hard for Miracles to deal with. The amount of games I've lost with miracles at 5 or less life is higher than I want to admit. The amount of games I've won with a resolved Choke is near 95%, and near 75% with a resolved Library.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    I am by no means an expert, but in my experience against Miracles I would always prioritize Sylvan Library main (always 2+) and Choke out of the board, baiting counterspells with Dark Confidant/Stoneforge Mystic/etc.. I could find a way to resolve a creature threat for a turn or 2, but I would always have it for only a limited time, whereas the resolved enchantments were very hard for Miracles to deal with. The amount of games I've lost with miracles at 5 or less life is higher than I want to admit. The amount of games I've won with a resolved Choke is near 95%, and near 75% with a resolved Library.
    I had Choke in my sideboard for a while but I never got it to work aginst them. It slower the game down and if I don’t have a follow up, I lose.

I think Library would be great in the deck but I play too little green in my deck atm.

Can Bitterblossom be a good SB against them?

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Definitely, Bitterblossom is very good against miracles. A follow up play is definitely needed, but choke should buy you at least a few turns to resolve another threat, even a lingering souls is a lot of pressure at that point.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    This is a very strange suggestion seeing as DGA is historically a BW deck.

Anyways as for my tournament report.

Round 1: Burn 0-2

I won the die roll and kept a 7 of Bayou, Fetch, Jitte, Hymn, Thoughtseize, Palace Jailer and Batterskull. It's not the best hand but I figured that I can turn 1 thoughtseize and maybe draw a SFM I should be in good shape. I ended up thoughtseizing my opponent and seeing a hand of: Chain Lightening x2, Rift Bolt, Lightening Bolt, Lava Spike, Eidolon, Mountain, Barbarian Ring. I immediately knew I was dead when I saw his hand, so I took the Eidolon and obviously got punished by drawing a Swords on my following. I hymned him to slow him down and got into that awkward position of me drawing and having to play out nonbasics to get a skull into play asap, maybe this was a mistake as he drew 2 pops. I just ended up dying to a flurry of burn spells.

Sideboard: -4 Confidant, -1 Last Hope, +2 Prelate, +2 Teeg and +1 Fatal Push

I don't remember exactly what I kept but I kept kind of meh 7 with a Swamp, DRS, Wasteland, and a bunch of 3 drops. I ended up drawing my 3rd land right after my opponent had played an Ediolon, and had to take 2 damage playing a lingering souls. We pretty much started to race from here, but unfortunately he drew a fireblast + bolt to kill me from 7.

Round 2: Soldier Stompy 2-0

I won the die roll again, and my opponent mulliganed to 5. I went turn 1 DRS, my opponent went turn 1 ancient tomb. I deployed a OG Liliana and my opponent played a turn 2 suppression field and Liliana kind of took over the game from here. I think I eventually drew a vindicate for the suppression field and mommy of bladehold to close out the game.

Sideboard: -1 Hymn, -1 Inquisition, +1 Path, +1 Push

I don't actually know 100% what they play off the top of my head so I kind of just brought in more removal. I don't think that Last Hope is that great against their deck so maybe I should have boarded that out instead? I mulligan down to 6, and scry another fetch to the bottom. My opponent goes turn 1 suppression field which is really bad for me since my opening hand is Fetch, Fetch, Land, Confidant, SFM, last Hope. Like the lucksack that I am, i'm able to draw a chrome mox over the next couple of turns while my opponent kind of durdles around. A batterskull with a jitte eventually gets the concession.

Round 3: Skill and Show 2-0
    Won the die roll again and kept a 7 and I think my opponent mulliganed to 5. I don't really have many notes for this matchup so I imagine it just involved my opponent durdling around and not doing anything while I was able to kill him.

Sideboard: -3 Swords, -1 Deluge, -1 Last Hope, -2 Souls, -1 Vindicate, -1 Jitte, +2 Prelate, +2 Priest, +2 Surgical, +2 Teeg, +1 Needle

Opponent tells me that he probably shouldn't keep but keeps anyways. I keep my 7 which doesn't have very many hate pieces but a lot of potential. I kept a hand with fetch, waste, drs, sfm, jailer, land, and 1 other card which I don't remember. He cantrips and I go turn 1 fetch -> DRS. He slams a turn 2 blood moon after git probing and promptly dies to me playing a SFM getting a sword. He shows me a hand after the game and he had a S&T -> emrakul but my palace jailer completetly destroyed that hand.

Round 4: Br Reanimator 2-0
    I win the die roll again. How lucky right? I have no idea what my opponent was playing but he joked about aping people in the team open. My opening hand was swamp, karakas, drs, 3 cards that really don't matter. I lead with a swamp into DRS. My opponent goes turn 1 petal, dark ritual, entomb for griselbrand, reanimate bringing him down to 12 and then draws 7 bringing him down to 5 and then fetches bringing him down to 4. After this he kind of just passes the turn. I play karakas bounce the griselbrand and then am able to drain him twice before he is able to turn the game around. This must by my karma from losing so much to this deck on MTGO.

Sideboard: -2 Lingering Souls, -1 Last Hope, -1 Jitte, -2 Vindicate, -2 Hymn, +1 Cage, +1 Needle, +2 Priest, +2 Prelate, +2 Surgical

My opponent mulligans to 5 and I join him like a gentleman. I keep a hand of Fetch, DRS, Liliana, Swords, and 1 other card. My scry reveals a containment priest which I keep on top. My opponent goes turn 1 looting and discards a random card and a sire of insanity. On my turn I fetch for a Bayou and play a DRS. My opponent reanimates his sire and beats me down for a little while while i'm slowly hitting my land drops. I finally draw a Liliana for his sire and drain him with DRS. Stop playing sire in your reanimator decks, kids!

Round 5: Skill and Show 2-1
    Lose the die roll, lose the game right? Opponent force of wills a thoughtseize and eventually kills me with a sneak attack.

Sideboard: Same as before

Game 2 I keep a 7 while my opponent mulligans down to 6. I thoughtseize him and take a S&T, and surgical it. Eventually i'm able to get a needle on sneak attack, prelate on 2 and a gaddock teeg out which means he's never winning this game and he promptly scoops. Game 3 my opponent thinks about his hand for a while and keeps. I mulligan down to 6 and keep a hand with double thoughtseize, swamp. My opponent goes turn 1 blood moon. I thoughtseize him to see an abrade, force, pyroclasm, and an ancient tomb. My opponent doesn't draw any colored sources for the rest of the game and i'm eventually able to take over with a SFM + SoFaI.

Round 6: Lands 0-2
    Game 1 I keep a hand with 0 interaction against him and eventually lose to punishing fire + loam.

Sideboard: -1 Last Hope, -1 Deluge, -1 vindicate, -2 hymn, -1 therapy, +2 Prelate, +2 Surgical, +1 Path, +1 needle

Game 2 was the same story. I mulligan down to 6 and keep a kind of meh hand with a SFM and a DRS. Unfortunately for me my opponent draws 2 trackers and is able to take over the game with them. I just kind of durdle around with SFM and DRS while my opponent has 2 huge trackers beating me down.

Round 7: Miracles 2-1
    I won the die roll again, I had seen my opponent play a previous round so I knew that he had back to basics in his deck. Opponent kind of cantrips around the early game while i'm beating him down with various things. I eventually get both Lilianas down but he gets a JTMS. My opponent's board is JTMS, 2 Island, 2 Plains, 1 Tundra and I ultimate Liliana to try to slow him down. I split the piles 2 Island, 1 Tundra and 2 Plains and a JTMS. I think I messed up here seeing as he would always take the pile with JTMS, and i'm basically giving him 2 additional lands. I don't know thought. He eventually finds lands, plays a snapcaster to threaten my last hope and then wins the game with a mentor.

Sideboard: -3 Swords, -2 Hymn, -1 Hero, -1 Jitte, +2 Prelate, +2 Teeg, +1 Last Hope, +1 Surgical, +1 Needle

I'd normally take out Chrome Mox in this matchup, but I saw B2B during our first match and previous when I saw my opponent play so I did not.

I don't exactly remember what happened game 2 but Last Hope was able to ultimate and take over the game. Game 3 I thoughtseize my opponent and see a hand of terminus, island, swords, search, force, predict, ponder. My hand is Last Hope, Wasteland, Confidant, Land, Swamp and a surgical. I end up taking his swords and surgicaling it end of turn, he lets it resolve. I play a confidant which he forces and then am able to land a last hope while my opponent spends his turns durdling around trying to find an answer for her. I ultimate her and he scoops.

Here is the kicker, at the end of this match my opponent basically told me that he played really well and thought I played really poorly and was super frustrated that he lost the match i.e. he basically told me I played like shit and deserved to lose the match. I had to contain my laughter when I was telling him sometimes it happens. It was even better because this dude had a triple sleeved fully foil, fbb dual deck. LMAO

Round 8: Post Stompy 2-1
    I mulligan to 6 and keep a really slow hand with no interaction basically. I have to slam a turn 3 palace jailer and hope that I draw some interaction off him. My opponent plays a walking ballista and follows that up with an all is dust. After he takes monarch I lose because I finally draw all my wastelands.

Sideboard: -1 Last Hope, -1 Inquisition, -1 Jitte, -1 Lingering Souls, +2 Teeg, +1 Needle, +1 Path

Game 2 I mulligan against to a 6 that can cast the Hero mother turn 3 with the help of DRS. Turns out that my opponent has other plans as he plays a spyglass on wasteland, followed by a spyglass on DRS. I don't draw land for a little while but when I hit my 4th land I slam a hero of bladehold. Unfortunately this is where things get a little dicey, my opponent casts an all is dust and i've pretty much thought I lost the game here as I had nothing else in my hand. I'm able to draw a confidant and my confidant is able to draw me enough cards to finally kill my opponent with a skull equipped to a confidant. I think I answer a wurmcoil engine with a path to exile.

Game 3 my opponent has those post draws where he is unable to cast any spells. I take over the game with 2 Confidants and ended up Vindicating 3 of his lands because he had a spyglass on wasteland. I think my opponent was relying on my 2 confidants to kill me but bob does what bob does.

Ended up walking away with $120 in funny money, which is nice considering I went in expecting to go 0-3 so I could go home early.

Good day.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    This is a very strange suggestion seeing as DGA is historically a BW deck.
    Historically, yes, but I haven't seen a successful DGA list without green in a long time. Maybe I'm subtly suggesting adding some specific green cards would be wise? When I was playing DGA years ago it was with SDT (I tend to go towards the bigger lists like Junk and Nic Fit now so I have access to Library.) The advantage of DGA is it's a better Stoneforge deck and it plays, on average, more card advantage with Lingering Souls and Sword of Fire and Ice than the typical Junk list.

Nice report BTW, it's great to see the deck doing well.
    Brainstorm Realist

New to the list, wondering if there is any merit to running Elspeth, Knight Errant over or along with Gideon, Ally of Zen?

The pump and flying seems relevant when your trying to close a game out and she can still pump out 1/1s to equip up and clog up boards. The ult. seems useful as well if a game goes long versus Gideons anthem ult.

Just looking for some insight from experienced pilots. Thanks for any advice!

I'd run Gideon over Elspeth right now. The token being a 2/2 instead of a 1/1 is pretty big.

Liliana, the Last Hope is seeing an uptick in play. Plus there are a bunch of cards like Marsh Casualties, Staticcaster and other -1/-1 or 1 mass damage effects.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    I'd run Gideon over Elspeth right now. The token being a 2/2 instead of a 1/1 is pretty big.

Liliana, the Last Hope is seeing an uptick in play. Plus there are a bunch of cards like Marsh Casualties, Staticcaster and other -1/-1 or 1 mass damage effects.
    I agree with Gideon is better then Elspeth.

I played GP Birmingham yesterday and went 5-2-1. I will make a report when I come home

Last hope was amazing this week end. I want one more in my 75

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Hello again! I was playing DeadGuyAle again in GP Birmingham this weekend. It was nice to hangout with my old friend from my hometown and play Legacy the whole weekend.

The list: https://deckstats.net/decks/21860/97...EGd9ABFJwoc4yS

No changes since last report.

Match 1: Bye

I got the points from last year!

Match 2: 2-0 burn

Game 1:
    She revealed a edlion of great when she was shuffling so I know she was om burn.

Mulligan to a hand with thoughtseize to stoneforge and swords.

I play thoughtseize to take fireblast.

She plays goblin guide and attacks. I play stoneforge and get batterskull. She didn’t read batterskull and stoneforge so The germ block the goblin guide.

+2 Thalia
    +1 Diabolic Edict
    +1 Gaddock Teeg
    +1 Kaya
    +1 Ethersworn Canonist
    +1 Dischant
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +1 Disenchant

-1 Toxic Deluge
    -4 Thoughtseize
    -4 Dark Confidant

Game 2

I keep a hand with swords, tidehollow, liliana and 4 lands.

He starts of with a swiftspear for 1.

I play march flats and pass.

She chainliging and attack, I play swords in combat.

I draw Thalia and play her.

Lava spike go

Tidehollow and see bolt and fireblast. I take fireblast.

She pass the turn.

I play my veil and +1. Discard a edict and keeps needle and swords.

She fireblats me to 7.

She didn’t draw any more bolts and only dudes that I have removal for. I get two deathrite that wins the game for me

Match3: Infect 2-1
    Game 1

Slow hand with jitte, liliana, judgement and lands

He gets a elf out

I draw and play bob.

He plays noble and passes.

I get lingering souls and cast it.

He attacks with elf and I double block, he has +/+ spells and berserk.

+1 Pithing Needle
    +1 Zealous Persecution
    +1 Edict
    +1 Lingering Souls
    -2 Council's Judgment
    -2 Liliana of the Veil

Game 2

I keep a good hand and with deathrite. Turn 2 thoughtseize. stoneforge turn 2 and gets jitte.

He has noble, tropical and inkmoth in play. Turn 3

I play lingering souls to have blocker and play around counter spell for jitte.

He draw and pass the turn.

I get mana up for jitte and plays a wasteland.

He draw and pass.

I activate stoneforge to get jitte out.

Equip jitte on stoneforge and attacks.

He greensun for cropter, i kill it with jitte counters in response.

On my turn I play Liliana of the veil to make him sac his noble and wastes his ink moth when he was tapped out. I took over the game.

Game 3:

I keep a hand with thoughtseize, fatal push, swords, stoneforge, deathrite and lands.

He mulligans to 6 with only one land. I thoughtseize him to see 4 pumps spells, green sun and surgical. I took surgical because that was the only why he could interact with me.

He never draw his second land and i just took over the game

Match 4 Elves 1-2

Game 1:
    He gets a lot of elves out and aggro down me but I started to take the match back with gideon of the trails and last hope.

I had the same if he didn’t draw natural order and glimpse.

At the end of the game he plays vision and only 3 mana up so I swords the dyrf arbor to keep him away from 4 mana. But he draw glimes and combos away

1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Zealous Persecution
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Pithing Needle

-2 Lingering Souls
    -1 Liliana of the Veil
    -1 Gideon of the Trails

Game 2:
    Keeps a hand with thoughtseize, 2 bob, 2 stoneforge and lands.

Thoughtseize to see natural order, ad and deathrite. I take deathrite.

Plays bob so I can get card value and play stoneforge later.

I hymn both his natural orders and took over the game

Game 3:
    I keep a hand with deathrite, liliana of the veil, judgement and lands. Hope he didn’t play all of elves.

He starts with deathrite and so do I.

He gets a lot of elves out and aggro me out. Liliana gets one elf and he ad my deathrite.

I so left behind and need toxic to win. He natural order and wins

Match 5: Uw Miracle 2-1

Game 1:

I draw a lot of lands. He force my Deathrite. Turn 4 he plays a Jace and I just scoope

+1 Pithing Needle
    +1 Kaya
    +1 Lingering Souls
    +1 Gaddock Teeg

-1 Council's Judgment
    -3 Swords
    -1 Fatal Push
    -1 Gideon of the Trials

Game 2:

Mull to five with hymn, lingering souls, liliana and two lands. Scary a land on the top

Hymn turn 2
    Lingering souls turn 3
    Thoughtseize to Veil turn 4
    Turn 5 last hope

He plays mentor with one mana up. He has a swords.

I draw hymn and play it.

He swords one token and gets a monk.

Last Hope on token and -2 on veil to kill mentor. He scoops

Game 3:
    Keeps a 7 with bob, thalia, hymn, veil and 3 lands.

He pass the turn.

I play hymn turn two and he force.

He pass the turn.

I draw a wasteland. Waste his thundra and play thalia.

He draws and plays a mentor.

I sword it on my turn and attacks

He plays snapcaster and preodian.

I play veil and made him sac his snap.

He plays jace for 5 mana and bounce my thalia.

I have 4 mana to cast Gideon, ally of zendikar and makes a token. +1 on veil.

He plays a snaps and judgement on gideon and pass the turn.

-2 veil to make him sac and attack the token to kill jace. I play stoneforge to get sword of fire and ice.

He draws and pass.

I activate my stoneforge and get the sword in and equips.

He don’t draw anything and i win

Match 6: Grixis Delver 0-2

Game 1:
    He mulls
    He starts with a delver

I fetch for scrubland and swords his delver.

He plays a land and plays delver and detahrite.

I play hymn and he discard 2 lands

He flips delver with spell pieces

He attacks. I have a thoughtseize, lingering souls, gideon of the trials and veil and 3 lands. I want to be sure to resolve my cards so i just pass the turn.

He drains me and attacks.

I play thouseize and see spell pieces and daze. I lose. I should have use Thoughtseize the turn before or just try to cast Lingering Souls.

I don’t remember the sideboard

Game 2:
    He mulls again
    I get a hand with deathrite, stoneforge, swords, batterskull. I fetch and plays deathrite. He plays a deathrite to.

I get stoneforge and a jitte. He drains and pass the turn. No plays. I try to get land and ge response.

I get my batterskull down on my turn.

On his turn he Ancient Grudge my batterskull

I didn’t draw a land in 5 turns and then he flips his delver

Match 7: Red Death and taxes 1-1

Game 1:
    He has vial on 3 and 3 mana up. So I play Tidehollow. I see Flickerwisp and Pia and Kiran. I have to take Flickerwisp because he can Vial it on the end of turn and exile Tidehollow and get back.

It was back and forth in the game.

I have in the game a Batterskull with Bob but he get stoneforge to get Sword of Fire and Ice and have it on Thopter token. I can’t get life when he blocks with this token and sac it.

I had 6 land in play and 5 lands in the hand end of the game. Bob only gave me lands.

+1 Disenchant
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +1 Zealous Persecution

-1 Council's Judgment
    -1 Liliana of the Veil
    -1 Gideon of the Trails

Game 2:

Thoughtseize and takes his aether vial

He gets two mother and protects his dudes so I can’t attack. I have a Last Hope to make one of the mother tapped. There is a Batterskull with Jitte on my side.

I get a ally of zendikar out and make tokens.

This becomes a big creature wall and nothing happens

He plays judgement for Gideon, Ally of Zendikar so I can’t make more tokens.

I draw a Thoughtseize and takes his other judgement so he can’t remove my Batterskull.

He gets a Batterskull with Jitte. He makes the mistake and taps one of the Mothers to make his Germ token protection.

SO on my turn I +1 with Liliana of the Last Hope on the untap Mother. He taps it in response to protect itself. So I can finally attack with my Batterskull with Jitte and remove his Mothers. I take over the game after that.

Game 3:

We have only 7 mins left to time so we shuffle fast and try to start the game 3.

He gets the game early with Mother and Stoneforge but gets stuck on two lands. He has Vial to get out Mirran Crusader. I have answers to everything and I get a Batterskull with Jitte. The tiem rounds ends with he with Revoker with Jitte and two lands. I have 5 lands and Batterskull with Jitte. It looked like I would won that game.

Match 8: UW Standstill 2-1

This guy was living for a Stockholm for a while and played at my LG. So he recognized me

Game 1:

I keep a hand with waste, swords, bob, stoneforge and two lands.

I play a fetch and pass the turn.

He plays Wayfarer with Thundra. I play Fatal Push.

I draw Deathrite and play and wasteland his Thundra. He draw only colorless lands and gets behind.

Game 2:

He gets a Truename that I can’t deal with and he wastelanded me

Game 3:

I don’t have any note but I remember that I took over the game and he did only draw lands.

End result: 5-2-1

The day 2 dream was already over when I draw against Death and Taxes. I think I would won the last game I got more time. The performance was overall good with few mistakes during games. I have to mulligan more bad sevens to get better 6s. I think I just lose some games because I keep a bad 7.

One issue that I found in the deck during the event is that I have too many 3 drops and Liliana of the Veil is not that good in the meta now. So in the next event I replace Liliana of the Veil with another Hymn.
    Last edited by Ganfar; 05-18-2018 at 03:01 AM.

Played at team trios at GP Toronto. Disappointing 4-4 finish. We started off great 3-0. And the wheels came off. I'll write a report later.

Man, I lost EVERY die roll. I should have been Manaless Dredge. :)

Thread Information