Page 313 of 319 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,260 of 6380

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

That's what I've been playing too. It's better than missing out on liliana

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    So you aren't playing a Companion, just multiple Lurrus?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Yeah I'm running 3 just to have lots of playtime experience with him, but I'm thinking 2 might be better.
    I've played aggressive lists with Isareth the Awakener before, and this is doing the same thing without having to walk into a Tarmogoyf.
    While I'm not really interested in Mishra's Bauble, castable removals like Dead Weight have been tempting, especially with 3 Lurrus.

If these things stick around I think it'll be a short lived element of surprise, but for now, not announcing a companion and then playing Lurrus has a bit of a gotcha effect on some opponents, as does casting a second copy after they removed the first. Seems it's inconceivable there could ever be a second copy, because the first is right there in the graveyard.
    Maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration, but everybody seems to be bending over backwards for these cards while I'm content to just play on with the same good cards as before.

Kind of reminiscent how people thought they had to play Thought Scour to make Tarmogoyf good.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Yeah I'm running 3 just to have lots of playtime experience with him, but I'm thinking 2 might be better.
    I've played aggressive lists with Isareth the Awakener before, and this is doing the same thing without having to walk into a Tarmogoyf.
    While I'm not really interested in Mishra's Bauble, castable removals like Dead Weight have been tempting, especially with 3 Lurrus.

I these things stick around I think it'll be a short lived element of surprise, but for not, not announcing a companion and then playing Lurrus has a bit of a gotcha effect on some opponents, as does casting a second copy after they removed the first. Seems it;s inconceivable there could ever be a second copy, because the first is right there in the graveyard.
    Maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration, but everybody seems to be bending over backwards for these cards while I'm content to just play on with the same good cards as before.

Kind of reminiscent how people thought they had to play Thought Scour to make Tarmogoyf good.
    Thanks. I am getting ready to try Lurrus as a 3-of in Yorion DnT. This makes me a bit more hopeful.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Aaaaaand he´s banned. Just realized today. I´m a bit slow, I know.

So back to the old lists?

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Pretty much.

New kill spell out of M21, might see play.

Not sure with the new Companion nerf if Lurrus might sneak it's way back in.
    I doubt any of the Tempo monsters would be interested in spending 3 to do nothing, so we might get him all to ourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Pretty much.

New kill spell out of M21, might see play.
    Guess you are talking about that 2cmc kill creature/pw with cmc =< 3? I only find spanish copies.

Sad, I was hoping for new toys.

New Smother is interesting. Don't know what to cut, probably a card from my cluttered 3 drop spot. Nothing else really piques my interest, in Dead guy or anything else. Saw the black white creature, Indulging Patrician. Meh.

Too bad Swift End wasn't 2 mana on Murderous Rider. Lol, at that point I'd probably run 4 of those as opposed to just one right now.

Haven't played much MTGO. Companion is mercifully gone but Snow Ko decks are still everywhere.

Nighthawk Scavenger is pretty cool, but not sure what to cut as the 3 mana slot is clogged enough as it is. Plus, with Oko still running around it's just another Elk.

I do like Bloodchief's thirst. Early game it can kill a delver but later game you can kill an Oko or bigger creature. I run Fatal Push in the board and sometimes it doesn't line up to what opponent has, so having the versatility of a card that thirst could be good. Sorcery speed kinda sucks but if it was instant, Fatal pushed would be cast aside completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    Nighthawk Scavenger is pretty cool, but not sure what to cut as the 3 mana slot is clogged enough as it is. Plus, with Oko still running around it's just another Elk.

I do like Bloodchief's thirst. Early game it can kill a delver but later game you can kill an Oko or bigger creature. I run Fatal Push in the board and sometimes it doesn't line up to what opponent has, so having the versatility of a card that thirst could be good. Sorcery speed kinda sucks but if it was instant, Fatal pushed would be cast aside completely.
    I feel like both of them are nice but can´t really replace anything. maybe one removal slot for bloodchief´s thirst. Nighthawk scavenger reads like a slightly better vampire nighthawk and i feel like the kicker cost of bloodchief´s thirst should be cmc 2.

Man, I love this deck, but it really needs something.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Man, I love this deck, but it really needs something.
    Sensei's Divining Top was the shit in this deck. Until we get something that isn't busted in blue but helps non-blue decks I think we're stuck.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Been trying out different iterations of the deck in this uro/oko meta and cant decide on having chrome mox or not. What are yall thoughts on the card? Is it needed pumping out a t1 bob or sfm or t2 walker but losing a potential threat if theres no dead cards in hand to pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Discipleoffblthp View Post
    Been trying out different iterations of the deck in this uro/oko meta and cant decide on having chrome mox or not. What are yall thoughts on the card? Is it needed pumping out a t1 bob or sfm or t2 walker but losing a potential threat if theres no dead cards in hand to pitch?
    IMO if you plan on accelerating out a 2 drop instead of casting discard you should be playing a 4c Loam variant over dead-guy ale. Just cut the blue/red cards and you have a decent junk shell

I personally dont like the card but whenever I see the deck post a 5-0 its running 2-3. So just trying to see others thoughts/experiences with it.

Also, I've switched out my 2 vindicates for 2 anguished unmaking and even tho I loved vindicate, the instant speed of anguished has been really nice. Not being able to hit lands hasn't come up for me yet.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Discipleoffblthp View Post
    I personally dont like the card but whenever I see the deck post a 5-0 its running 2-3. So just trying to see others thoughts/experiences with it.

Also, I've switched out my 2 vindicates for 2 anguished unmaking and even tho I loved vindicate, the instant speed of anguished has been really nice. Not being able to hit lands hasn't come up for me yet.
    Outside of library what popular permanents are you killing with the vindicate effect that you destroying that you wouldn't get 90% of the time with eliminate? The 3 cmc vindicate effects are just old style of card that isn't playable anymore and the 3 cmc slot has become especially crowded with cards like last hope and kaya.

Chrome mox is a nice because DGA is your quintessential midrange deck, your cards really aren't that good in the late game so it you accelerate them out and maximizes their effectiveness. It's obviously a very high risk/high reward card since mulliganing with them in your deck is much worse and they are dead draws later in the game but what you're getting out of them outweighs what you are losing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    IMO if you plan on accelerating out a 2 drop instead of casting discard you should be playing a 4c Loam variant over dead-guy ale. Just cut the blue/red cards and you have a decent junk shell
    I too love coming into the DGA thread and telling people who ask about cards to play a different deck.
    Last edited by CptHaddock; 10-03-2020 at 12:50 PM. Reason: don't post before morning coffee kids!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I too love coming into the DGA thread and telling people who ask about cards to play a different deck.
    Acceleration pairs more naturally with haymakers like bob & chalice than 1 for 1 cards like thoughtseize due to the inherrent card disadvantage. If you are playing chrome mox, leaning into a chalice shell would be appealing.

I've been liking vindicte/anguished unmaking as a sort of catch all card to hit 4 mana walkers, artifact hate, and just other world enchantments like counterbalance (specifically my play group). But in saying that the card is super slow and with eliminate being printed I could cut them and up my number on those, currently running 2. On the topic of chrome mox what would be the ratio of it to lands, 19-20 lands and 2 chrome mox?

Maybe we should talk about that?

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I have that video in my queue to watch, it looks pretty awesome. I don't know why Fatal Push is there over Swords to Plowshares, but should be fine with 4x Liliana of the Veil to clean up dudes.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Hi, I'm the one who brewed + donated the decklist. Push instead of Plow is to make it easier on the manabase — you don't always have/want to get white mana on turn 1. But I could certainly see putting Plow there instead, having been on the receiving end of Gurmag Anglers and Hooting Mandrils with Push in hand.

I've been having a blast playing this list and hope others try it out too. Making the deck basically mono-black allows you to play Dark Ritual (>> Chrome Mox), which has been an MVP for me and allows you to more efficiently do the whole "disrupt opponents -> land must-answer threat" thing that makes Deadguy Ale tick.

Yeah, if you are going with a dedicated Opposition Agent route you almost have to do Dark ritual. Turn 1 Opposition Agent to a fetchland could be game over right there.

But a late game Agent? Sometimes it can still do stuff like another fetchland, Natural Order, a Crop rotation etc. But late game there might be not much to hit. I'm curious as to the wording. So if you snipe a fetchland you get one of their lands that you could get (ie. you can't get a wasteland off a Polluted Delta). If you get a Natural Order, you get a green creature of theirs into play? What's with the wording about casting a spell using any color of mana?

Going to have to read up on the rulings on this card. Very interesting card. Not sure where to slot it as the 3 mana slot is so cluttered in Dead guy ale.

Thread Information