I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else. -Daria

Proud member of Team CAB
    High Priest of the Church of BLA

CAB JaceTM

My articles

Apr 2007
    Leicester, UK

Re: [Article]Eternal Europe: Into the Maze

Thanks for the review of the latest set.

Zombie-Bob is interesting. My main problem with him though is he does not work well with Bob (since Bob happens in upkeep). Bob also has a chance of zero damage (lands) although without library manipulation that does not really matter. With the deck you listed Bob is going to be dealing about one damage a turn (1,2,1,0...) so I do not see Zombie-Bob causing less pain on average.

Pyrewild Shaman is a 5 mana for a reusable giant Growth. With Trample it would be useful but as it seems too slow for Goblins.

Do you really thing Ascended Lawmage's Flying makes it a better choice than Geist? I guess if you are hiding behind a Moat maybe but if you are going for an inevitable win condition would not Sphinx of Jwar Isle be better?
    My Legacy Decks of choice: Pox, Miracles, D&T or Lands.
    Online Trading Reference Checker

bruizar

Nice article. Surprised that no one has yet mentioned the interaction of Far // Away with Snapcaster Mage. (Cast Far and Away, bounce Snapcaster Mage, edict opponent), reuse Snapcaster Mage later. It turns your Far // Aways into Chainer's Edicts, which is not the best card but it's a nice little extra none the less.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I used your article as justification to pre-order Notion Thief (along with some copies of Mikokoro, Center of the Sea, Dream Fracture, Jace Beleren, and Vision Skeins.) I agree completely that it's a sleeper for the set, and I'm already brewing. It's one thing to hose Jace/Brainstorm/Griselbrand and it's another thing entirely when you have your own draw-engine that you'll have ANYWAYS. I think that's the tipping point for him, regardless of his 4 mana cost. I was already excited about him for casual play, but now I think he has some potential for real play in Legacy. I may be wrong, but not all my sleeves are for Legacy. Sometimes a casual brew is just the thing for keeping my interest in the game.

Loved the article, always enjoy reading your stuff. I suggest your articles to so many people I come into contact with, always great value.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Thread Information