Quote Originally Posted by Toad
counters are higly irrelevant for a deck with 4 cabal therapies and enough creatures to flash it back.
They are not irrelevant. You have to take them into account. Threshold runs Counterspell, Force of Will and Daze. And Meddling Mage for the white builds. That means you can never goldfish turn 3 or 4 over these, even with a Cabal Therapy. So you have to wait a bit and go into later game. That implies using Force of Will to deal with threats.
got me there
;-)

but against decks like threshold and even more against landstill it's not needed to combo on turn 3 - 4

daze is far from a hard counter by the way and any decent player can play around that
so that leaves only counterspell and force to neutralize as true countering problems

and when they are tapped out
only force

so therapy + flashback can take of that

In all honesty,
I think meddling mage is far more anoying than any counter
so maybe against that your idea of force of will is not that bad
(I usually have to rely on boneshredder or deed to get rid of them)

anyway,
let's agree to disagree on a few choices for the deck (just like some builds of other decks differ depending on the approach)
and congrats again in proving that aluren can perform in legacy

PS
I hope us Belgians will not have the biggest GP ever but I fear it will be for the simple reason there will be side event prereleases of guildpact and because Ravnica block sealed is just WAY more fun than champions sealed