Quote Originally Posted by PuppyWuppy View Post
From your experience. Do you feel that running 1 Parasitic Strix and 1 Cavern Harpy is very narrow of a strategy? I tried a similar list to yours where I ran only 1 of Parasitic Strix and Cavern Harpy and it felt very all in with Aluren and Recruiter of the Guard for me.

Also why 1 of Arctic Merfolk and Quickling? I know that both creatures are able to return one of our creatures back to our hand, but wouldn't having a 2/2 flying flash creature be stronger then a non flying/flash 2/2? Or is Arctic Merfolk kicker cost that good enough to justify? Trying to understand this myself currently.

Looking forward to your primer

Well, I think that you should choose whether you want to play Recruiter version or the BUG one. If I play Recruiter I think 1 Strix and 1 Harpy is a fine number. You do not have enough valueable targets for bouncing (Shardless Agent etc.), so I think it is just a piece of combo. On the other hand, if you pick the BUG version, multiple Harpies and 2 Strixes are super value grinding strategy I agree it is sort of all in, but it is worth it. So thatīs for it from my point of view:-)

I choose 1 Merfolk and 1 Quickling because each of the has it own way of bouncing. Quickling seems better and in many occasions it is, but the downside is you cannot play it on its own. You always need another creature. Therefore I donīt want to have 2 pieces of this card, I want to have two variations. Merfolk "kicker-bounce" is sometimes just super fun, because the opponent has zero ways for response. But itīs not a dogma - try both ways :-)