Page 105 of 118 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2358

Thread: [Deck] Aluren

Re: [Deck] Aluren

If playing a recruiter version... is there any advantage of recruiter of the guard over imperial recruiter? Basically white vs red?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ish View Post
    If playing a recruiter version... is there any advantage of recruiter of the guard over imperial recruiter? Basically white vs red?

There are many subtle differences. But the salient one is cost of the cards. The red version typically uses Dreamstalker to bridge the Harpy gate and the Recruiter tutor. The white version typically uses Arctic Merfolk or Quickling to bridge the gap. The rest is the sideboard tech. One downside to white version is Dread of Night and Sulfur Elemental.

Is there another thread / primer that wasn't written 12 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by TTX View Post
    There are many subtle differences. But the salient one is cost of the cards. The red version typically uses Dreamstalker to bridge the Harpy gate and the Recruiter tutor. The white version typically uses Arctic Merfolk or Quickling to bridge the gap. The rest is the sideboard tech. One downside to white version is Dread of Night and Sulfur Elemental.

What are those subtle differences as it relates to competitive advantages.

I've been playing alluren on and off for a few years before Recruiter of the guard, so Imperial versions... Then transitioned to BUG recruiterless for the past several months. I like both versions for different reasons. I was looking to tinker around with a recruiter version.

I understand the subtle differences in how the cards interact with bounce and such... But am trying to figure out which version is better suited for me.

I always liked dreamstalkers big butt lol, but also like the lack of opponent interaction with arctic merfolk seems really nice. Also sideboard options seem better in white.

I'm looking for the behind the scenes technical stuff I may be overlooking. What I can't tell by just looking at lists / top 8s / and so on is whether people are leaning towards RotG beyond cost reasons.

The main reason I use the Recruiter over the tutorless version is the combo is much more difficult to interrupt and usually yields a win at instant speed. The Recruiterless versions do have better mana bases are a more resilient without Aluren in play. I'm a big fan of both Merfolk and Quickling, I play a 1:1 split. Merfolk for comboing and Quickling for trix and redundancy. The sideboard options in white I believe are overall better. Check out Goldman-Karsts ChannelFireball right up. Super relevant still. Even though SDT was banned, the meta is largely the same.

Super Secret Tech "Ooh...shiny!"
    Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

I played the following list yesterday for a 4-1-1 record (Drew the last round)

Main:
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Dream Stalker
    1 Parasitic Strix
    3 Spellstutter Sprite
    4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Mesmeric Fiend
    1 Minister of Pain
    4 Imperial Recruiter
    4 Aluren
    2 Sylvan Library
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Baleful Strix
    1 Cavern Harpy
    2 Coiling Oracle
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Polluted Delta
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Bayou
    1 Taiga
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Island
    1 Swamp
    2 Forest

Side:
    1 Spellstutter Sprite
    2 Duress
    1 Minister of Pain
    2 Yixlid Jailer
    1 Reclamation Sage
    2 Scavanging Ooze
    1 Abrupt Decay
    1 Baleful Strix
    2 Null Rod
    2 Tsabo’s Web

Round 1: D&T
    Game 1: He was aware of the deck before, but had never played against it, but did fairly well for a first timer, but Minister of Pain showed its worth here, bounced it back with Dream Stalker for a redo a couple turns later, wiped the board and he had a card or two in his hand. He tried to stop the combo with a Swords to Plowshares, but 1 piece of removal does next to nothing.
    Game 2: Minister of Pain is a complete house in this match up. He tried to stop my combo in game two by using Aluren to get Phyrexian Revoker on Harpy, having the second (from the board) Minister destroyed it, he had another that Rec Sage handled. Was taking my time until I comboed to that I'd have a couple answers to Revoker as I was sure he had a few in the deck post board.

Round 2: Elves
    Game 1: I'm killed off on turn his turn three and he was on the play. I had the win in hand with my DRS already in play.
    Game 2: Minister of Pain really makes Gaea's Cradle a piece of crap and kept him from casting Craterhoof and I had Therapied away the Natural Order earlier.
    Game 3: He tries to go off on turn 2 (Turn 1 was a GSZ for Dryad Arbor) and whiffs off of the double Glimpse, played 3 creatures, but didn't see the Heritage Druid to keep going. I Minister the board away sans 2 DRS, the following turn to make the Cradle tap for 2 instead of something around 7 with the Symbiotes and Dryad Arbor included. I'm trying to get somewhere, but not drawing what I need. He tries to go off again two turns later with 1 Glimpse, but whiffs again. I finally have a couple good shenanigans in having Memeric Fiend and Cabal Therapy, he has two non land cards in his hand, take one with Fiend, cast Therapy, get the other, sac Fiend to flash back Therapy, Fiend trigger puts the card back in hand before resolution, He has 3 Fetches left in hand. I finally get the combo a couple turns later as he durdles and doesn't do much.
    Super salty player, especially as a L2 judge...

Round 3: Lands
    Game 1: I keep a hand that looks like it could get there, but I don't have the mana for the Spellstutter Sprite when he casts Crop Rotation, he wins on turn 3 off of a turn 1 Exploration.
    Game 2: I keep a decent hand, has 2 Spellstutters and Aluren. I get a land and DRS. He Explorations again and Sphere of Resistance... He ends of getting a second Sphere of Resistance and a Tireless Tracker and ends up beating me down. Tsabo's Web helped slow him down a lot, but I wasn't getting anything to actually stop him.

Round 4: TES
    Game 1: He combos out on turn 3
    Game 2: I kept a hand with Null Rod and Aluren, could have played a DRS on my turn, but I wanted to protect the Rod and Aluren with the BStorm in my hand. Good thing as he goes to Duress me, I Rod on my turn 2 and that locks him out pretty effectively long enough for me to destroy his hand with my own discard while I waited for the other part of my combo.
    Game 3: I have a turn 2 Null Rod again, he didn't have discard to rip it from my hand in time, and I get him stuck with 2 LED and a Lotus Petal, I end up winning with the combo, he tries to break it up with Echoing Truth on the Aluren, but I had a second Recruiter in my hand, he then tries to Abrupt Decay the Parasitic Strix, but that also failed.

Round 5: UWr Stoneblade
    Game 1: Minister kills off TNN and Snapcaster, I have the discard to protect my combo before I cast Aluren for the win.
    Game 2: He has Counterspell for my attempted turn 3 Aluren. That's fine I have a second one in my hand. He has 3 cards in hand and I know 1 is a Batterskull as he SFM tutored it. He has the Force with blue card. Batterskull Germ kills me.
    Game 3: I get a turn 2 resolved Sylvan Library and end up paying a total of 12 life to dig further in my deck (set up Coiling Oracle for the free land twice while doing it). I have a Therapy in my bin and flash it back off of my DRS after making mana, he had the Force that got discarded, and I win with combo.

Round 6: there were 4 players who were at 13 points, there were 5 with 12 points, and 2 people with 10 points. I decide to offer the ID as I have the best breakers by several percentage points with 12 points... I get miss top 8 by under .5% as several of my earlier opponents lost the final round.

Over all I enjoyed the Spellstutter Sprites, had them in the board before and wanted to try them main, they're good, but I'm going to put them in the side board again as a 3 of since they just didn't quite seem like a good main board fit. I'm gong to add in more Coiling Oracle and put one of the Duress back into the main board.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Can't understand wanting the new new border if you have a choice, for any reason. You have to be a casual or have rickets.
    Cockatrice: EMFry

Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post
    I played the following list yesterday for a 4-1-1 record (Drew the last round)

Main:
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Dream Stalker
    1 Parasitic Strix
    3 Spellstutter Sprite
    4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Mesmeric Fiend
    1 Minister of Pain
    4 Imperial Recruiter
    4 Aluren
    2 Sylvan Library
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Baleful Strix
    1 Cavern Harpy
    2 Coiling Oracle
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Polluted Delta
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Bayou
    1 Taiga
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Island
    1 Swamp
    2 Forest

Side:
    1 Spellstutter Sprite
    2 Duress
    1 Minister of Pain
    2 Yixlid Jailer
    1 Reclamation Sage
    2 Scavanging Ooze
    1 Abrupt Decay
    1 Baleful Strix
    2 Null Rod
    2 Tsabo’s Web

Round 1: D&T
    Game 1: He was aware of the deck before, but had never played against it, but did fairly well for a first timer, but Minister of Pain showed its worth here, bounced it back with Dream Stalker for a redo a couple turns later, wiped the board and he had a card or two in his hand. He tried to stop the combo with a Swords to Plowshares, but 1 piece of removal does next to nothing.
    Game 2: Minister of Pain is a complete house in this match up. He tried to stop my combo in game two by using Aluren to get Phyrexian Revoker on Harpy, having the second (from the board) Minister destroyed it, he had another that Rec Sage handled. Was taking my time until I comboed to that I'd have a couple answers to Revoker as I was sure he had a few in the deck post board.

Round 2: Elves
    Game 1: I'm killed off on turn his turn three and he was on the play. I had the win in hand with my DRS already in play.
    Game 2: Minister of Pain really makes Gaea's Cradle a piece of crap and kept him from casting Craterhoof and I had Therapied away the Natural Order earlier.
    Game 3: He tries to go off on turn 2 (Turn 1 was a GSZ for Dryad Arbor) and whiffs off of the double Glimpse, played 3 creatures, but didn't see the Heritage Druid to keep going. I Minister the board away sans 2 DRS, the following turn to make the Cradle tap for 2 instead of something around 7 with the Symbiotes and Dryad Arbor included. I'm trying to get somewhere, but not drawing what I need. He tries to go off again two turns later with 1 Glimpse, but whiffs again. I finally have a couple good shenanigans in having Memeric Fiend and Cabal Therapy, he has two non land cards in his hand, take one with Fiend, cast Therapy, get the other, sac Fiend to flash back Therapy, Fiend trigger puts the card back in hand before resolution, He has 3 Fetches left in hand. I finally get the combo a couple turns later as he durdles and doesn't do much.
    Super salty player, especially as a L2 judge...

Round 3: Lands
    Game 1: I keep a hand that looks like it could get there, but I don't have the mana for the Spellstutter Sprite when he casts Crop Rotation, he wins on turn 3 off of a turn 1 Exploration.
    Game 2: I keep a decent hand, has 2 Spellstutters and Aluren. I get a land and DRS. He Explorations again and Sphere of Resistance... He ends of getting a second Sphere of Resistance and a Tireless Tracker and ends up beating me down. Tsabo's Web helped slow him down a lot, but I wasn't getting anything to actually stop him.

Round 4: TES
    Game 1: He combos out on turn 3
    Game 2: I kept a hand with Null Rod and Aluren, could have played a DRS on my turn, but I wanted to protect the Rod and Aluren with the BStorm in my hand. Good thing as he goes to Duress me, I Rod on my turn 2 and that locks him out pretty effectively long enough for me to destroy his hand with my own discard while I waited for the other part of my combo.
    Game 3: I have a turn 2 Null Rod again, he didn't have discard to rip it from my hand in time, and I get him stuck with 2 LED and a Lotus Petal, I end up winning with the combo, he tries to break it up with Echoing Truth on the Aluren, but I had a second Recruiter in my hand, he then tries to Abrupt Decay the Parasitic Strix, but that also failed.

Round 5: UWr Stoneblade
    Game 1: Minister kills off TNN and Snapcaster, I have the discard to protect my combo before I cast Aluren for the win.
    Game 2: He has Counterspell for my attempted turn 3 Aluren. That's fine I have a second one in my hand. He has 3 cards in hand and I know 1 is a Batterskull as he SFM tutored it. He has the Force with blue card. Batterskull Germ kills me.
    Game 3: I get a turn 2 resolved Sylvan Library and end up paying a total of 12 life to dig further in my deck (set up Coiling Oracle for the free land twice while doing it). I have a Therapy in my bin and flash it back off of my DRS after making mana, he had the Force that got discarded, and I win with combo.

Round 6: there were 4 players who were at 13 points, there were 5 with 12 points, and 2 people with 10 points. I decide to offer the ID as I have the best breakers by several percentage points with 12 points... I get miss top 8 by under .5% as several of my earlier opponents lost the final round.

Over all I enjoyed the Spellstutter Sprites, had them in the board before and wanted to try them main, they're good, but I'm going to put them in the side board again as a 3 of since they just didn't quite seem like a good main board fit. I'm gong to add in more Coiling Oracle and put one of the Duress back into the main board.
    i start to play this deck in 1999 sice he was in extended format. Dont you prefere meybe 3 thoughseize instead of spellslutter sprites, or meybe 3 force of will with your deck config? you have a lot of blue cards for support fow. Sorry for my bad english.

With respect to the BUGw vs BUGr discussion there is an interesting list from Ovino 12 (3rd Place in 187 player tournament in Milan)

Deck (60)
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Misty Rainforest
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Forest
    1 Swamp
    1 Island
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Bayou
    1 Scrubland
    1 Tundra
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Baleful Strix
    4 Shardless Agent
    3 Recruiter of the Guard
    2 Cavern Harpy
    2 Parasitic Strix
    1 Man-o-War
    4 Abrupt Decay
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Ponder
    3 Thoughtseize
    3 Cabal Therapy
    3 Aluren

Sideboard (15)
    2 Faerie Macabre
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Leovold, Emissary of Trent
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Orzhov Pontiff
    3 Veterax Explorer
    3 Force of Will
    It doesn't play Quickling or Arctic Merfolk, the blue combo piece is just x1 Manowar, which could be done in the red version as well.
    With this configuration the Recruiter combo therefore no longer beats 1 removal spell anymore, but maybe it doesn't matter? Playing only 1 Bounce-dork and 2 Strix seems like a weird split.
    There are no white cards in the maindeck except for Recruiters and SB there is only 1 Pontiff (somewhat interchangeable with Minister of Pain) and 2 Containment Priest.

Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    i start to play this deck in 1999 sice he was in extended format. Dont you prefere meybe 3 thoughseize instead of spellslutter sprites, or meybe 3 force of will with your deck config? you have a lot of blue cards for support fow. Sorry for my bad english.
    I don't like FoW in the deck, too many blue cards I'd prefer to play than I feel fine with pitching to Force. I also prefer Duress over Thoughtseize, I play the discards to protect the combo, not so much to stop my opponent from playing creatures. The 2 life per Thoughtseize does add up, especially when you're using Sylvan Library as additional card draw/filtering.
    Can't understand wanting the new new border if you have a choice, for any reason. You have to be a casual or have rickets.

@Fry: Thanks for the report. I would recommend you to go Baleful Strix up to 4, maybe in the place of Spellstutter Sprite or Coiling Oracle, because they are so good against creatures deck (delver / eldrazi / tarmo ...)

Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Moneymakermich View Post
    @Fry: Thanks for the report. I would recommend you to go Baleful Strix up to 4, maybe in the place of Spellstutter Sprite or Coiling Oracle, because they are so good against creatures deck (delver / eldrazi / tarmo ...)
    I played a few days ago, barely got the tourney to fire with 8 people, really odd for the location... I went 1-2. Beat GB Turbo Depths, lost to a friend who drew well and I drew sort of meh with good openers, and the last round I lost to ANT in game three, he comboed for 12 gobos on his turn 2, my turn 2 Null Rod would have shut him down hard (he used 2 LED and a Petal)

Main:
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Dream Stalker
    1 Parasitic Strix
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Duress
    1 Mesmeric Fiend
    1 Minister of Pain
    4 Imperial Recruiter
    4 Aluren
    2 Sylvan Library
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Baleful Strix
    1 Cavern Harpy
    4 Coiling Oracle
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Polluted Delta
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Bayou
    1 Taiga
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Island
    1 Swamp
    2 Forest

Side:
    2 Duress
    1 Minister of Pain
    2 Yixlid Jailer
    2 Compost
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Abrupt Decay
    2 Baleful Strix
    2 Null Rod
    2 Tsabo’s Web

The Coiling Oracles are a 4 and the Baleful a 1 of in the main to help get around the Leovold only draw one card per turn clause, and the extra 2 in the board for against non Leovold decks. Hard to say good or bad things about the Compost in the board with all of 3 matches, but it did some good work against the Turbo Depths.

Vatija Mlohavich
    May 2010
    Croatia

Played this deck on GP Birmingham double side event.

Went 2-1-1 (as almost everyone). Basically should've won 3 but hell, after 10+ years I managed to fizzle. Guess you do have to turn the autopilot off sometimes :)

4 Brainstorm
    1 Dream Stalker
    1 Parasitic Strix
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Force of Will
    3 Shardless Agent
    4 Imperial Recruiter
    4 Aluren
    2 Sylvan Library
    3 Baleful Strix
    2 Cavern Harpy
    4 Coiling Oracle
    4 Deathrite Shaman

4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Polluted Delta
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Bayou
    1 Taiga
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Island
    1 Swamp
    2 Forest

Think that was it. I'll have to check SB in the box.

G1 vs Infect 2-1
    Lost first with aluren in hand and not drawing any enablers
    Won second easily, counter, therapy, therapy, and DRS/strix blocking.
    Third was a mess, I dropped t3 aluren and went to play it, had FoW to counter his boarded threat - i went for Recruiter with first recruiter, then picked up harpy without anything to bounce. Why I did that heaven knows. Didn't draw anything in following 10 turns where he dropped me to 0.

G2 vs Goblins, easy 2 games with guy not knowing what he's up against. He tried SPARKSMITHING my harpy and i just blasted him to smitherens.

G3 was vs Show'n'Tell which was so funny. 2 games in first he plays t4 Sneak Attack (I was on draw). I let it go because he had 4 mana and couldn't activate it. Had FoW in hand, dropped land, aluren > BAM BAM with protection.
    He boards stuff I decide to just put in some bounce.

I keep a solid hand, have 3 lands, DRS, Shardless, Brainstorm and Therapy. Land, DRS, T2 land, shardless into therapy hitting his SnT with some shit left. Aluren on T3 and It's a happy ending :)

Drew g4.

I seriously believe white recruiter version is shit compared to red, but hell if you don't have $$ it's okay to play something you love. I love this deck.
    PTT (Formerly of MTT) - We make Champion

Someone was at the eternal tornament? What was your results ?

For those of you who have played the recruiter package and the non-recruiter. Is there a consistency difference in between the two?

Does having access to Force of will in the main make that much more of an impact comparing to the discard route?

Is there an actual reason why some play Man-O-War vs. Quickling vs. Arctic Merfolk? Or is that just personal taste?

Vatija Mlohavich
    May 2010
    Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyWuppy View Post
    For those of you who have played the recruiter package and the non-recruiter. Is there a consistency difference in between the two?

Does having access to Force of will in the main make that much more of an impact comparing to the discard route?

Is there an actual reason why some play Man-O-War vs. Quickling vs. Arctic Merfolk? Or is that just personal taste?
    Man-O-War can return opponent's threats. Neither Quick nor Artick can do that. Sometimes a turn or two can give you the advantage.
    Man-O-War on a Gaedock Teg + discard for instance = gg, while if you get stuck with Artic gets you nothing.

@re Cyanhur, I played only legacy.
    PTT (Formerly of MTT) - We make Champion

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    Man-O-War can return opponent's threats. Neither Quick nor Artick can do that. Sometimes a turn or two can give you the advantage.
    Man-O-War on a Gaedock Teg + discard for instance = gg, while if you get stuck with Artic gets you nothing.

In case it's not obvious, Quick/Arctic/Stalker are better when comboing off because they don't target, so if you play 2 copies of them then your combo is immune to 1 removal spell.

@swoop why do you think the white version is so much worse?
    From your list you could literally go -4 Red Recruiter -1 Dreamstalker -1 Taiga +4 White Recruiter +1 Quickling +1 Savannah and the two decks would be functionally identical. Are you playing important red cards in the SB?

Hi,

I have been playing almost all possible versions of Aluren and for last few weeks I ended with this:

4 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Arctic Merfolk
    4 Baleful Strix
    1 Cavern Harpy
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Parasitic Strix
    4 Recruiter of the Guard
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Thoughtseize
    4 Aluren
    2 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Quickling
    1 Birds of Paradise
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Sylvan Library
    1 Academy Rector

1 Bayou
    2 Forest
    1 Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Polluted Delta
    1 Savannah
    1 Swamp
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Underground Sea
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Scrubland

SB: 1 Toxic Deluge
    SB: 1 Faerie Macabre
    SB: 2 Diabolic Edict
    SB: 1 Carpet of Flowers
    SB: 1 Orzhov Pontiff
    SB: 2 Fatal Push
    SB: 1 Leyline of the Void
    SB: 1 Garruk Relentless
    SB: 1 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    SB: 1 Containment Priest
    SB: 1 Scavenging Ooze
    SB: 1 Reclamation Sage
    SB: 1 Duress

I think this is a solid version, which has some constitency (Birds of Paradise, Sylvan Library, Academy Rector). The shell is quite usual except the Rector, which showed himself as a great angle of attacking you opponent (no Spell Pierce helps and he stops their Goyf or an Eldrazi guy for a while :-) two Libraries are must-have, because it gives you much more chance to win almost in every matchup.

I don't say it's perfect, but it is decent. I have a huge issue with UR Delver and sometimes Czech Pile, but it is probably due to my bad skill of playing the deck. Any other decks are fine and I like to fight them.

I am working on a primer, but it will be released first in my mother language (Czech). Then I will translate it into English.

If you had any questions, be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post

Did not know about that interaction with Man-O-War. Thanks , definitely gives me a new angle to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by fapsik View Post
    Hi,

I have been playing almost all possible versions of Aluren and for last few weeks I ended with this:

4 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Arctic Merfolk
    4 Baleful Strix
    1 Cavern Harpy
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Parasitic Strix
    4 Recruiter of the Guard
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Thoughtseize
    4 Aluren
    2 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Quickling
    1 Birds of Paradise
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Sylvan Library
    1 Academy Rector

1 Bayou
    2 Forest
    1 Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Polluted Delta
    1 Savannah
    1 Swamp
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Underground Sea
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Scrubland

SB: 1 Toxic Deluge
    SB: 1 Faerie Macabre
    SB: 2 Diabolic Edict
    SB: 1 Carpet of Flowers
    SB: 1 Orzhov Pontiff
    SB: 2 Fatal Push
    SB: 1 Leyline of the Void
    SB: 1 Garruk Relentless
    SB: 1 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    SB: 1 Containment Priest
    SB: 1 Scavenging Ooze
    SB: 1 Reclamation Sage
    SB: 1 Duress

I think this is a solid version, which has some constitency (Birds of Paradise, Sylvan Library, Academy Rector). The shell is quite usual except the Rector, which showed himself as a great angle of attacking you opponent (no Spell Pierce helps and he stops their Goyf or an Eldrazi guy for a while :-) two Libraries are must-have, because it gives you much more chance to win almost in every matchup.

I don't say it's perfect, but it is decent. I have a huge issue with UR Delver and sometimes Czech Pile, but it is probably due to my bad skill of playing the deck. Any other decks are fine and I like to fight them.

I am working on a primer, but it will be released first in my mother language (Czech). Then I will translate it into English.

If you had any questions, be my guest.
    From your experience. Do you feel that running 1 Parasitic Strix and 1 Cavern Harpy is very narrow of a strategy? I tried a similar list to yours where I ran only 1 of Parasitic Strix and Cavern Harpy and it felt very all in with Aluren and Recruiter of the Guard for me.

Also why 1 of Arctic Merfolk and Quickling? I know that both creatures are able to return one of our creatures back to our hand, but wouldn't having a 2/2 flying flash creature be stronger then a non flying/flash 2/2? Or is Arctic Merfolk kicker cost that good enough to justify? Trying to understand this myself currently.

Looking forward to your primer

Hi,

When the meta is 60-70% control deck, Witch aluren version is better? 4C or Bug Aluren?

I am afraid about 4C Aluren because Wasteland or extraction on Aluren then it's more difficult to win.

Thread Information