Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: M14 - Slivers - Possible Sliver Queen Reprint - Reserved List?

Monster Xero
    Sep 2006
    Minneapolis

Re: M14 - Slivers - Possible Sliver Queen Reprint - Reserved List?

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Most likely too expensive for Legacy, but would be interesting with DRS, Ooze and Jitte.

Edit: I just realized: This + Spike Feeder = infinite life and creature pump
    Unless I'm missing something, its not actually infinite pump-it still costs 2 to grow another creature with Spike.
    Team ICBE

Try not to wake up on fire.

Don't ping the hydra
    May 2007
    Spain

You are missing the +1/+1 counters that are put on every other creature besides the spike feeder and archangel.
    Please stop talking about whether Force of Will is broken or not. It obviously is, and rather than "the glue that holds vintage together" it would be better to call it "the rug under which you hide the filth until there's so much that you can no longer conceal it".

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, its not actually infinite pump-it still costs 2 to grow another creature with Spike.
    You remove one counter to gain 2 life, thus putting two counters on everything, including the spike. Repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

hai 2 u
    Apr 2007
    SoCal - Anaheim

Why is its symbol "D14"?
    #mtgfinance follow on twitter: @mtgStaples

Quote Originally Posted by OBFREELY
    You should all immediately fire emails at the DCI requesting the banning of Tarmogoyf and Golgari Grave-Troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm not compelled to address your non-argument based simply on the fact that you're obviously borderline retarded.
    Team Brown & Team Unicorn. Does that make me a Brown Unicorn?

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

It doesn't exactly 'go off' or anything but it keeps Kitchen Finks infinitely recursive by destroying its -1/-1 counter.

It's too slow to matter, but it'll be cute in a casual way.

Why is its symbol "D14"?
    If I'm not mistaken, that's the Duel of the Planeswalkers expansion symbol. DotP is an okay translation of Magic Online in video game form. Good enough AI to be kind of a dick from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

hai 2 u
    Apr 2007
    SoCal - Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, that's the Duel of the Planeswalkers expansion symbol. DotP is an okay translation of Magic Online in video game form. Good enough AI to be kind of a dick from time to time.
    So I'm behind on what's what, but what is Duel of the Planeswalkers? The next block after M14?
    #mtgfinance follow on twitter: @mtgStaples

Quote Originally Posted by OBFREELY
    You should all immediately fire emails at the DCI requesting the banning of Tarmogoyf and Golgari Grave-Troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm not compelled to address your non-argument based simply on the fact that you're obviously borderline retarded.
    Team Brown & Team Unicorn. Does that make me a Brown Unicorn?

Don't ping the hydra
    May 2007
    Spain

It's that Xbox/PS3 game WotC releases every year, that usually includes cards that will appear on an upcoming set (sometimes it also includes cards that definitely won't be printed, so you can't take them for granted).
    Please stop talking about whether Force of Will is broken or not. It obviously is, and rather than "the glue that holds vintage together" it would be better to call it "the rug under which you hide the filth until there's so much that you can no longer conceal it".

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by zulander View Post
    So I'm behind on what's what, but what is Duel of the Planeswalkers? The next block after M14?
    Pardon my abbreviation earlier. Duel of the Planeswalkers (DotP) is the video game I was referring to. Unless I'm misremembering, all the cards in DotP are from existing sets, and are mostly Standard, but sometimes go back in time a little. Also some cards get weird errata; for example Serra Ascendant in DotP says, "If you have 10 more life than you started the game with" or some junk, as opposed to "30 or more". There is probably a reason for it but I never determined what it was. Probably to facilitate Two-Headed Giant or something.

Aug 2011
    Italy

How about this?

Bimbo Sliver 0

When Bimbo Sliver comes into player all Slivers you control get +2/0 until the end of turn.
    -I was told that they were looking to get some younger players. I've been here for 3 hours but all they asked of me was to sit here and smile. I'm still getting my 200 bucks right?

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by bilb_o View Post
    How about this?

Bimbo Sliver 0

When Bimbo Sliver comes into player all Slivers you control get +2/0 until the end of turn.
    -I was told that they were looking to get some younger players. I've been here for 3 hours but all they asked of me was to sit here and smile. I'm still getting my 200 bucks right?
    Dammit man, some of us view these threads at work. :/

At any rate, new Angel also works with DRS. Everything it works with seems to be terribad, but it sure does seem to trigger a bunch

Aug 2011
    Italy

I'm sorry for this but I've been biting my fist not to post a comment on this thread for days. I couldn't restrain myself any further from taking a jab at the cheap, sleazy mentality behind this Slivers re-design fiasco.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

WotC: "Damnit! We have a leftover artwork for Primeval Titan. Any use? Didn't we just made slivers a complete generic man-like design lately?"
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post

WotC: "Damnit! We have a leftover artwork for Primeval Titan. Any use? Didn't we just made slivers a complete generic man-like design lately?"

UGH.

I didn't think they could get worse.
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Holy fuck.

I just realized the "you control" clause.

I think I've had enough of this game. I'm gonna go make a Ravnica cube. Screw you future Magic.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Goaswerfraiejen View Post
    UGH.

I didn't think they could get worse.
    I'm waiting for the legendary mythic-rare Sarah Kerrigan of Slivers

You know ... for making Slivers more appealing to a certain crowd with "face expressions" *cough*
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Hey look everyone, it's the Jolly Green Giant!

Ho ho ho, Greeeen Giant!

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    Holy fuck.

I just realized the "you control" clause.

I think I've had enough of this game. I'm gonna go make a Ravnica cube. Screw you future Magic.
    Haha yeah that's my biggest objection. The art on Magic cards is somewhat important I guess, but the fact that the tribal mechanic has full-circled back onto Slivers in this weird way is just kind of tragic.

- Slivers do the "hive mind" thing and boost all Slivers equally, become noted and appreciated creature type
    - Other tribes cop this act and eventually just start acting like 'mini-slivers', only with the 'you control' wording so they don't actually act like real Slivers
    - Slivers get lapped by Merfolk
    - Slivers apparently have to copy the copiers to merit being played, thus scrubbing their originality
    - Also they don't look like Slivers they are just a decentralized group of creatures that look like everything

So I've been playing for about a decade, and I've never wanted to apply the phrase "jumped the shark" so badly to Magic in that 10 years. 8th Ed was ultimately for the better (IMO), m10 rules change was annoying but I got over it, New World Order is a little tired but I see what they did there - but this feels like a wholly different action to me. Like, this feels like burnout.

It's like when I piss and moan about new Star Trek because they got the characters wrong and they didn't tell a story that needed those particular characters to be told. Let's treat the Sliver redux as a character study; how do Slivers adapt to this new world of Magic without losing their core elements? The answer from WotC was, "by homogenizing them to look and act like every other tribe right now", which means there is no character study. These aren't recognizable as Slivers. Thumbs down.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I'm waiting for the legendary mythic-rare Sarah Kerrigan of Slivers

You know ... for making Slivers more appealing to a certain crowd with "face expressions" *cough*
    I sure can't wait for

Not-Kerrigan, Queen of Slivers
    Legendary Creature - Sliver
    "Some Sliver-related stuff you control"
    ""At this point, I'm pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Multiverse."
    7/7
    And they'll make her look like a whore.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    So I've been playing for about a decade, and I've never wanted to apply the phrase "jumped the shark" so badly to Magic in that 10 years. 8th Ed was ultimately for the better (IMO), m10 rules change was annoying but I got over it, New World Order is a little tired but I see what they did there - but this feels like a wholly different action to me. Like, this feels like burnout.
    Burnout sounds about right. If you take a bit of closer look then Megantic Sliver is literally a trippled Muscle Sliver - the times the converted mana cost, P/T and effect (except, you control). It seems to be the latest trend to take popular cards, double/tripple their CC and their effect and call it a day. That's about as lame as it gets.

At least Megantic Sliver doesn't look like some sorta Eldrazi/Phyrexian thing. Unfortunately, it also looks extremely generic, a giant, green, tree elemental thing. WTF. Slivers were supposed to look alien and creepy. Ironically, now they look the most alien. If you looked at the art of these cards without any text you'd never be able to tell it was a sliver.
    Last edited by Amon Amarth; 05-16-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Sliver of the Colossus.

"QUICK JACE, GET ON ITS BACK AND STAB THE GLOWING RUNES!"

This is just pathetic. I guess that we'll be seeing more like this "reboot" in the future after Hasbro has tightened the leash on WotC after the whole D&D 4th Edition fiasco.

I do like the Archangel (both mechanics and art) and the new spin on a Hydra is interesting in that it actually gives value when it dies, but in a reasonable way. If it weren't for the Predators, this may have been another good Core Set.

Thread Information