Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Deck] Cunning Halls

Like a man bear, just more pig like
    Aug 2009
    Aarhus, Denmark

Re: [Deck] Cunning Halls

Quote Originally Posted by Lejay View Post
    I have a lot of trouble taking time to write things that seem obvious to me, but I realize that could be a bad thing since not everyone has played the deck for months. Maybe you could tell me what you think will be lacking for a beginner in my primer. Maybe by changing the color of parts of your primer before the thread is locked.
    Well, I'm not sure, this is the thread to be locked ;). Mine is written in the style of a generic primer whereas yours is written as an rhetoric argument for the oddities of your own particular list. I'm rather sure, that your placements ins't a result of your list, but rather a sign of the overall strength of the archetype and your skills as a player. Your one-of main deck Leyline should almost speak for itself. If you'd adapt your list to be more capable of hardcasting Dream Halls, they aren't really necessary to begin with.

Also claiming to be the creator of the deck seems kinda misplaced. The Dream Halls archetype which this deck is an evolution from stems from Jonas Harbili and in later years James Hesslip/Ari Lax. Not much has changed from that list if you swap Progenitus/Conflux for Omniscience/Enter the Infinite.

I know this is a discussion we have had before, but I'm still not convinced your mana base is optimal. I even believe remembering seeing you losing a game under the camera during GP Strasbourg brainstorm locking yourself twice fumbling with two or three basics in hand (this could certainly be wrong).

That being said, except for the wasted work writing this primer, it doesn't really matter to me which primer is chosen since my goal of writing it in the first place, was to make a distinct thread for this deck to be discussed in and that goal is now fulfilled. It would also save me a lot of trouble finalizing this primer, when my exams are over with ;).

PS. You don't need to defend your card choices once again since you've already made your opinion pretty clear ("I have no doubt my list is better"). So, let's just agree to disagree on the points I've just brought up :).

PPS. I hope you don't get offended or regard this as a personal attack since you actually seems like a cool guy. I'm a huge fan of odd lists and cool/innovative card choices, but just not claiming them to be set in stone. I also do acknowledge, that you've put a great deal of work into the list. Huge props for that!

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

I also hope you're not the kind of people getting offended very easily, because I like being frank. That doesn't mean I'm angry or anything.

I can avoid answering on cards slots if you want, except for one. No the leyline main deck doesn't speak for itself. It's as simple as it's good in the current meta and I absolutely want the 3rd defense grid. If I were reasoning like you (authorative arguments incoming) I wouldn't have had a ton of success playing daze or karakas main deck in doomsday, 4xliliana, 4 wasteland and 3-4 whipflares sb in shardless, cabal therapy + stingscourger, sparsmith and SB skirk prospector+earwig squad in goblins. The deck almost should play all the leylines main instead of the pacts, just look at the sideboard tables I gave.^^

There aren't just swaps compared to conflux builds. Defining that the monoU shell is optimal, running 0 intuition main, pact as the best back-up and buidling around with wishes wasn't as obvious as you think considering all the stupid things I read on forums after enter the infinite got spoiled.

My manabase had only 6 fetches at Strasbourg (and I already knew it was 6 or 7). If I remember correctly that game was lost anyway. I also remember a lot of games I won at 1 or 2 life with fow back-up.

I personnally prefer primers that avoid the same questions coming in over and over by justifying slots right from the beginning, rather than primers that are general and used just as an intro. If the source has a different politic be it, mine is accessible on storm boards anyway. But by the way since you had acess to what I posted on storm boards a month ago and since you said you knew I would post something complete here soon, why did you start this one ?
    EDIT : reread your answer from page 1, so no need to answer.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES OF A VERY FUN MULTIPLAYER CASUAL FORMAT
    You very likely can build it without spending any money, just out of what you already have.

An example with my (very large) list in a visual form

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by NesretepNoj View Post
    Also claiming to be the creator of the deck seems kinda misplaced. The Dream Halls archetype which this deck is an evolution from stems from Jonas Harbili and in later years James Hesslip/Ari Lax. Not much has changed from that list if you swap Progenitus/Conflux for Omniscience/Enter the Infinite.
    Just want to point out that I was within like 5 cards maindeck of Ari's "breakthrough" Dream Halls list 2 weeks before he posted that here: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...l=1#post622426
    My sideboard was not as good as his though. Obviously I have no way of knowing if Ari was influenced by that, but I like to think to myself that I may have had a hand in its development

If only I had played Dream Halls instead of ANT at Indy... I still regret that. I was so bad at ANT.
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

Thread Information