Page 99 of 138 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2748

Thread: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Blood Moon Gaming
    May 2014
    Northern Virginia

Re: [DTB] MonoU OmniTell

It's definitely the worst cantrip in the deck. But it's a necessary evil with Firemind's Foresight. The best part is that it's actually not a dead card if you get it in your opening hand or you draw it... where some of the two drops that go with Firemind's are horrendous when you draw them.
    Macky - Blood Moon Gaming
    THE COMBO KING
    www.BloodMoonGaming.com
    Streaming Legacy - www.twitch.tv/Macky984

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Macky984 View Post
    It's definitely the worst cantrip in the deck. But it's a necessary evil with Firemind's Foresight. The best part is that it's actually not a dead card if you get it in your opening hand or you draw it... where some of the two drops that go with Firemind's are horrendous when you draw them.
    Not necessary. Twincast/split decision is better

Blood Moon Gaming
    May 2014
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    Not necessary. Twincast/split decision is better
    You're kidding right? Those cards can't do anything by themselves. They require help from something else... Where Impulse doesn't.
    THE COMBO KING
    www.BloodMoonGaming.com

You're kidding right? Those cards can't do anything by themselves. They require help from something else... Where Impulse doesn't.
    Impulse is always replacement level when you resolve it. Often when Split Decision resolves, it's a blowout. If your opponent isn't playing something to Split Decision (Digs of their own, countermagic, brainstorm, discard), and you don't target your own Dig through Time you can cast it as a 1U Impulse off Ponder or Preordain.
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

Blood Moon Gaming
    May 2014
    Northern Virginia

Ok but Split Decision and Twincast both need something else to go off of.... Impulse is fine by itself. So you have a higher potential for a dead card in your hand.
    THE COMBO KING
    www.BloodMoonGaming.com

Blood Moon Gaming
    May 2014
    Northern Virginia

So what do we think of
    THE COMBO KING
    www.BloodMoonGaming.com

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Ok but Split Decision and Twincast both need something else to go off of.... Impulse is fine by itself. So you have a higher potential for a dead card in your hand.
    I think the pros outweigh the cons in this one.

There are times when you cunning wish for foresight, you get cunning, impulse, and bs, you don't have enough to finish them off. (cunning getting ANTS, impulse hoping to get emmy)

Blood Moon Gaming
    May 2014
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    I think the pros outweigh the cons in this one.

There are times when you cunning wish for foresight, you get cunning, impulse, and bs, you don't have enough to finish them off. (cunning getting ANTS, impulse hoping to get emmy)
    I'm pretty sure you're playing it wrong. Impulse isn't hoping to get Emmy. You cast Foresight. You grab Wish, Impulse and Brainstorm.

First you cast Impulse and you're looking for Emmy, Omniscience or Dig. If you get a Dig and you're playing against a deck with nothing 8CMC or higher in it then you cast brainstorm and put dig on top then wish for Ants and win.

If you're playing against a deck that runs digs or other cards with 8CMC or higher than you cast the dig and look for either another dig, emrakul or omniscience. If you don't hit them then you grab whatever cantrips you can get and keep going while keeping a brainstorm to put an omniscience or emmy on top.

If you fail on the impulse and you still have brainstorm than that is going 7 cards deep to find a piece... That's much better than Twincast or Split Decision can do.

In a Firemind's setup with Twincast... You get to either Twincast your own wish or a brainstorm... Whoopdy Doo? I'd rather go 4 cards deep.
    THE COMBO KING
    www.BloodMoonGaming.com

That's much better than Twincast or Split Decision can do.
    I'd rather go 4 cards deep.
    I'd rather win.

Impulse + Braistorm can fail, Split Decision not.

You Cunning Wish for Firemind's Foresight and get Cunning Wish, Split Decision, Brainstorm.

Then, Cunning Wish with SD copying it -> get Eladamri's Call and Emrakul -> put Emrakul top with brainstorm -> Get RtA with the original Wish and profit.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Barsoom View Post
    I'd rather win.

You Cunning Wish for Firemind's Foresight and get Cunning Wish, Split Decision, Brainstorm.

Then, Cunning Wish with SD copying it -> get Eladamri's Call and Emrakul -> put Emrakul top with brainstorm -> Get RtA with the original Wish and profit.
    Thats what i'm trying to tell him. Impulse has failed before.

Sometimes you also need to Call twice to clear the board of everything. SD does this for you.

Days undoing does nothing for us really. It reset our hand but also that of our opponent. Since they usually have a board and we dont it will favor them,also seeing as we time walked ourself. During the combo its uncastable as well. Days undoing is only of interest if we A: have a really bad hand(why would we keep that anyways?) or are facing discard to an extent that dtt does not allow us to rebuild properly and even then we have to pray that our opponent did not get further discard in his fresh seven. While the latter scenario actually never occurs and if it does we will propably lose regardless and the other relies on us being unable to mulligan i think it is safe to say that days undoing is unplayable. Even if the quicken package was to fit: we would reset a hand we assembled over the previous turns!

So what do we think of
    Not an instant, so F.Foresight and C.Wish both miss it. Ends the turn as sorcery, making us unable to cast Emrakul. Lets the opponent to draw 7, which should probably contain at least FoW, Pierce/Fluster/Spot discard. Screws DTT delve from the shuffle effect and costs more mana than a full delve DTT. Preorder market price seems overinflated. IMO, even Talent of the Telepath seems like a stronger card from the set, which is still much worse than Enter the Infinite, which is not very commonly played at the moment.

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

I'd rather win.

Just curious, how often you lose the game after resolving a Firemind's Foresight?
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

I'd rather win.

Just curious, how often do you lose the game after resolving a Firemind's Foresight?
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Hello everybody !

I'm new to the deck and training for Lille, and I have a question. I am playing Shouta's version from GP Kyoto at the moment (18 lands, 4 Pierce, 1 Impluse as the 2 slot).

Here is the situation :
    - I was playing against Miracles, and he had CB+top but no mana up. I cast S&T, and the CB trigger resolves, showing Pyroblast.
    - S&T resolves (we had already fought on my Young Peezie the previous turn), and I put Omniscience in play while he puts Venser. My hand at that point was Brainstorm, 2 Lands, Wish.

I therefore had to kill him at instant speed through a 1 on top of his deck. I went Wish -> Foresight -> Brainstorm + Impulse + Wish, and realized I was in a pinch. With the 2nd wish, I got the split second bounce, and decided I'd try to cantrip my way to victory once I bounced his CB. Unfortunately, it didn't work as I didn't find a DTT or anything similar. With Shouta's list, is there a better play ? Or should I just move on to Split Decision to copy the Wish ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Mar 2013
    Cologne, Germany

I don't think there was a better line without Split Decision.
    Besides: It's highly unlikely to kill a Miracles Player via Release the Ants if the have a Counterbalance out. By now, most players know that they can scry 1 after each clash, so there is a high chance for them to find a CMC 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_tolkien View Post
    Hello everybody !

I'm new to the deck and training for Lille, and I have a question. I am playing Shouta's version
    I therefore had to kill him at instant speed through a 1 on top of his deck. I went Wish -> Foresight -> Brainstorm + Impulse + Wish, and realized I was in a pinch.
    Not sure about the opponent's life total and number of permanents, but one potential line of play was with the Impulse to hit Emrakul in top 4, C.Wish for Through the Breach to take out the top + balance + venser in combat after letting venser bounce resolve, then start digging with the Brainstorm post combat for C.Wish into Lightning Bolt for lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by Karhumies View Post
    Not sure about the opponent's life total and number of permanents, but one potential line of play was with the Impulse to hit Emrakul in top 4, C.Wish for Through the Breach to take out the top + balance + venser in combat after letting venser bounce resolve, then start digging with the Brainstorm post combat for C.Wish into Lightning Bolt for lethal.
    I'd rather like a line of play that wins 100% of the time if possible than hope I have one of my two emmy in the top 4 :p Going for the bounce lets me see 8 cards deep with double brain + impulse, and I think the chance of hitting something relevant in that (DTT mainly) is pretty big.

With Split, I think I can go Wish -> Foresight -> Brainstorm, Split, Wish -> Double wish, get Eladamri's call + Through the Breach, attack for 15 and handle his CB + have 2 Brainstorm in hand. It's not a 100% win, but it's as close as it gets.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by mr_tolkien View Post
    Hello everybody !

I'm new to the deck and training for Lille, and I have a question. I am playing Shouta's version from GP Kyoto at the moment (18 lands, 4 Pierce, 1 Impluse as the 2 slot).

Here is the situation :
    - I was playing against Miracles, and he had CB+top but no mana up. I cast S&T, and the CB trigger resolves, showing Pyroblast.
    - S&T resolves (we had already fought on my Young Peezie the previous turn), and I put Omniscience in play while he puts Venser. My hand at that point was Brainstorm, 2 Lands, Wish.

I therefore had to kill him at instant speed through a 1 on top of his deck. I went Wish -> Foresight -> Brainstorm + Impulse + Wish, and realized I was in a pinch. With the 2nd wish, I got the split second bounce, and decided I'd try to cantrip my way to victory once I bounced his CB. Unfortunately, it didn't work as I didn't find a DTT or anything similar. With Shouta's list, is there a better play ? Or should I just move on to Split Decision to copy the Wish ?

Thanks a lot for your help !
    It's situations like this that I like a Trickbind in the SB for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    It's situations like this that I like a Trickbind in the SB for.
    With Trickbind in the 75, you could have sideboarded that or Eladamri's Call in (since Young Pyro was mentioned, should be post sb). F.Foresight into Brainstorm, Trickbind/Eladamri's, C.Wish. C.Wish for Trickbind/Eladamri's, Eladamri's for Emmy, Trickbind Venser trigger.

Thread Information