Page 60 of 138 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2748

Thread: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Say no to creatures.

May 2013

Re: [DTB] MonoU OmniTell

Assumed 4 Preordain :)

On a side note, I'm going through the mono-U lists and many of them seem to have been using 0 -1/2 Dream Halls. Was that because of the no discard metagame before the TC ban? I can see the argument about Dream Halls vs Burning Wish (mono-U vs UR) but going full cantrip suit and no Dream Halls seems like putting all your eggs in one basket.
    Legacy: Rituals
    Vintage: Drains

May 2008
    Milwaukee, WI

I think the decrease in dream halls corresponds to the increase in dig through time. Dig through time makes it so much easier to assemble the combo, and dream halls really is just so much worse than show and tell most of the time. (Cost, extra cards needed, harder to combo with it, etc.) Further, most lists cut back on Enter the Infinite which weakens Dream Halls even further. I think it's good to have 1 as a backup and a little extra consistency, but I still don't like it that much.
    Playing Punishing Regular Miracles.

Contribute to the community Miracles Primer.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

I switched back to 2 Dream Halls main with 3 EtI, 2 Intuition and 2 DTT. Although most of the time i try to go in with S&T i sometimes need a). An alternative enabler or b). Increases possibilty of assembling an hand to combo.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs View Post
    Assumed 4 Preordain :)

On a side note, I'm going through the mono-U lists and many of them seem to have been using 0 -1/2 Dream Halls. Was that because of the no discard metagame before the TC ban? I can see the argument about Dream Halls vs Burning Wish (mono-U vs UR) but going full cantrip suit and no Dream Halls seems like putting all your eggs in one basket.
    If you read my post on the previous page I explain why I dismissed both Burning Wish and Dream Halls. They are simply not needed when we have Dig Through Time. Start with that list and let me know what you think. Alternative win-cons are mostly for slow and grindy games and so far I've been happy siding in 2 copies of Jace for this. If I was playing Enter the Infinite (which is worse than emrakul imo) I could see playing Dream Halls in those sideboard slots instead as a way to "answer" meddling mage naming show and tell or surgical extraction, for example. But I rather just cantrip/dig for 5 mana in my maindeck.

Just keep a hand with either Show and tell or Omniscience/Emrakul and cantrip your way to the missing piece. it should be enough. Both Dream Halls and Burning wish adds inconsistency to the deck because even though they are both enablers (which adds to consistency) we become more vulnerable to hate if we chose to include them (weaker manabase, dream halls beeing symmetrical and slow etc). I rather start at the most consistent list possible and tweak the numbers here and there because I currently see no reason to make any giant changes. I could be totally wrong, of course. With great results comes tunnel vision. Feel free to let me know what you think and want to change. I happily give any serious ideas a try in a daily event or two. Depending on the metagame I can see going down on flusterstorms maindeck but I've yet to find a reasonable replacement if more permanent based decks (like DnT) would be played, most bounce/removal is terrible in other matchups. If combo sees less play I can replace 2 flusterstorms with PoN but right now I think flusterstorm is a great card.

It baffles me how little activity there is in this thread considering this is a DTB and we will see a lot of it in the future!

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Mackan View Post
    If you read my post on the previous page I explain why I dismissed both Burning Wish and Dream Halls. They are simply not needed when we have Dig Through Time. Start with that list and let me know what you think. Alternative win-cons are mostly for slow and grindy games and so far I've been happy siding in 2 copies of Jace for this. If I was playing Enter the Infinite (which is worse than emrakul imo) I could see playing Dream Halls in those sideboard slots instead as a way to "answer" meddling mage naming show and tell or surgical extraction, for example. But I rather just cantrip/dig for 5 mana in my maindeck.

Just keep a hand with either Show and tell or Omniscience/Emrakul and cantrip your way to the missing piece. it should be enough. Both Dream Halls and Burning wish adds inconsistency to the deck because even though they are both enablers (which adds to consistency) we become more vulnerable to hate if we chose to include them (weaker manabase, dream halls beeing symmetrical and slow etc). I rather start at the most consistent list possible and tweak the numbers here and there because I currently see no reason to make any giant changes. I could be totally wrong, of course. With great results comes tunnel vision. Feel free to let me know what you think and want to change. I happily give any serious ideas a try in a daily event or two. Depending on the metagame I can see going down on flusterstorms maindeck but I've yet to find a reasonable replacement if more permanent based decks (like DnT) would be played, most bounce/removal is terrible in other matchups. If combo sees less play I can replace 2 flusterstorms with PoN but right now I think flusterstorm is a great card.

It baffles me how little activity there is in this thread considering this is a DTB and we will see a lot of it in the future!
    People don't like playing combo decks.

What are all your post-TC ban Omni-Tell lists? I've seen UB, UR, mono U, UBR and more.
    I'm especially interested in your sideboard/wishboard.

Hi guys you think that insert Leyline of sanctity in sideboard is a good idea now that black is increasing?

Alright, I have to ask. I want to play a big creatures deck. I have Reanimator at the moment, but I feel like playing Emrakyl would be more fun and more powerful. So which is better? Omni-Tell Mono Blue, or Sneak & Show? I feel like Omni-tell since I love toolbox decks, which drew me to Reanimator in the first place. Also, I have always wanted to play with the promo cunning wish, and with Omniscience on the field it seems fun. I don't know about Griselbrand in Sneak & Show because it doesn't feel like an Emrakyl deck, yet he is fun in Reanimator. As you see I am torn lol. Which should I play if I want immense power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brentane View Post
    Which should I play if I want immense power?
    With Tin Fins, you could get out Emrakul and Griselbrand out with Haste, gain near-infinite life with Children of Korlis recursions and finish off the opponent with a lethal Tendrils pre-combat. TBH, that counts more as showboating than immense power, though. Toolboxing comes in with transitional SB into Doomsday combo.

Feb 2007
    San Diego

IMO this deck's format is just as irritating as Hulk-Flash. It's just one mana off.

Quote Originally Posted by laserstone View Post
    What are all your post-TC ban Omni-Tell lists? I've seen UB, UR, mono U, UBR and more.
    I'm especially interested in your sideboard/wishboard.
    I played my first tournament with Mono U Omni-Tell last week. It was a small tournament with just 18 players, but there was a lot of experienced players and everyone had different decks. I've been playing Legacy for six years now, and my first deck was Dream Halls with Progenitus and Conflux. I've played Mefolk, High Tide, Landstill, StoneBlade and Miracles since then and I've decided to just go back to my roots.
    I honestly think that playing mono blue gives us an advantage over most decks. We have all the cantrips and amazing counters to choose from, and have very few reasons to fear Wastelands or Blood Moons. I agree with some have said - with Treasure Cruise gone there's less Pyro and Red Blasts but more discard. I played four rounds (Sneak and Show, Junk, BUG and Miracles) and my only loss was against BUG - discard slowed me down a lot, and Deathrite Shaman did the rest. My opponent reduced my graveyard piece by piece and slowed my recovery from the discard since I couldn't cast DTT immediately. In fact the best card in all the games was DTT, since it allowed me to find S&T, targets for it, counters, or to simply recover from disruption.

This was my list:

Maindeck
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

4 Omniscience
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Cunning Wish
    4 Dig Through Time
    1 Flusterstorm
    4 Force of Will
    1 Impulse
    2 Pact of Negation

1 Enter the Infinite
    4 Gitaxian probe
    4 Ponder
    3 Preordain
    4 Show and Tell

8 Island
    1 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Scalding Tarn

Sideboard
    1 Boseiju Who Shelters All
    3 Defense Grid
    1 Dream Halls
    1 Eladamri's Call
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Intuition
    1 Pact of Negation
    1 Trickbind
    1 Noxious Revival
    1 Release the Ants
    1 Rushing River
    1 Sapphire Charm
    1 Surgical Extraction

After the tournament I decided to take the Impulse replacing it for the fourth Preordain. I really love Impulse, but wonder if Preordain might be faster since I can cast it on my first turn. I loved the single Enter the Infinite. I cast it once against miracles, and it stopped us from going into time.

My changes to the sideboard would be the following:

- Dream Halls (I boarded it against BUG and Miracles, but didn't used it because I both my opponents had loads of counters, and would be able to cast them for free)
    - Noxious Revival (not enough graveyard based strategies at my local meta at the moment)
    - Sapphire Charm (I didn't play against D&T but someone was playing MUD so I would rather have Echoing Truth or Wipe Away)

+ 2 JTMS (there's always a Miracle deck in my meta, and against it I felt the need to find answers sooner or have an alternative win condition)
    + 1 Echoing Truth/Wipe Away (I like having two permanent removal spells, and I consider these to be the best)

The best cards in the sideboard were Boseiju, Defense Grid and Call and Trickbind as Wish targets. They were always followed by a look of despair from my opponents, especially the Miracles player!

Quote Originally Posted by Mackan View Post

I agree with you! This deck only has space to get better. I doubt that S&T will ever be banned, and the more absurdly expensive and game changing spells we have the more options we have to choose from.

DTT is definitely the one of the best cards in the deck - it allowed me to find all the pieces I needed almost all the time. I played Dream Halls with the Conflux combo a few years ago, and it was frustrating to see other players countering my spells because of my enchantment! In the majority of tournaments of the tournaments that I've played all these years more than half of the decks are blue based... I like having 1 copy of EtI in the deck, but most of the games I ended up casting Omniscience and then Emrakul to end the game. There's no way that I can do that with Dream Halls.

I think that Jace can gives us an edge against some of the slower decks, particularly blue based ones. I like having both Pacts and Flusterstorm, since miracles will laugh at the Flusters with Balance and Top in play. I will probably try Misdirection as well, especially if there's a lot of discard in the meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Blue View Post
    since miracles will laugh at the Flusters with Balance and Top in play.

Counterbalance doesn't stop cards with storm. It only counters the original copy as the storm copies are not cast and instead placed directly onto the stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltj999 View Post
    Counterbalance doesn't stop cards with storm. It only counters the original copy as the storm copies are not cast and instead placed directly onto the stack.
    I'm aware of that. But as a miracles player myself, and having a least two other miracle players at my local meta, I think that it's a safe guess that fluster storm might be coming if the S&T player has one mana open. Once you're tapped and have several cards in your hand there's a lot of unknowns, and you can have FoW, PoN or Misdirection.

What is your experience playing against counterbalance? With DTT I don't feel that much worried about having my cantrips countered. But most miracle decks have 1/2 Clique, 2 Entreat and 1/2 Council's Judgment with 3CMC. That's up to six ways of countering S&T for free. I know we can have Boseiju but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Blue View Post
    I'm aware of that. But as a miracles player myself, and having a least two other miracle players at my local meta, I think that it's a safe guess that fluster storm might be coming if the S&T player has one mana open. Once you're tapped and have several cards in your hand there's a lot of unknowns, and you can have FoW, PoN or Misdirection.

What is your experience playing against counterbalance? With DTT I don't feel that much worried about having my cantrips countered. But most miracle decks have 1/2 Clique, 2 Entreat and 1/2 Council's Judgment with 3CMC. That's up to six ways of countering S&T for free. I know we can have Boseiju but still...
    In pre-boarded games I try to go for it as soon as possible before they can sculpt their (on average) terrible hand to something with counterspells (Gitaxian Probe helps a lot). CB is not that scary because it only stops our cantrips most of the time. If they are foolish enough to tap out for it on the draw and hit a CMC 3 then kudos to them, it's rather unlikely. Counterbalance is a lot scarier in postboarded games because they can deploy it while also holding up REB etc. Without Boseiju it's often a grindy game and except for DTT/Defense Grid/Jace they are likely to win this grind on the back of counterbalance and something like snapcaster beating down. I also think that the plan of CB+entreat/CJ is flawed. I rather have my opponent having those cards in their deck over meddling mage or flusterstorm to be honest. Without a CB in play these are more or less blanks and vs Omnishow you can't afford to have blanks. The only 3-drop worth it is actually Vendilion Clique (and it's damn good). If they have cb+top and a hand full of counters there's not much you can do except for fighting their mana by overloading on spells at their endstep and follow it up with a way to go off during your turn (if they have no cmc 3 on top that is). This is particullary effective vs land-light decks like RUG-delver but can work against careless miracles players who taps out for something irrellevant. If you manage to resolve Cunning wish you can get trickbind and if the opponent is foolish enough you can use it when they activate their top (it shuts of both modes and all future activations that turn). You can also use Jace to fateseal away their top card (less effective if they have an active top in play). Or you can use Predict (well, atleast I love that card). Dream Halls is also a way to work around cb with a 3 on top but it's rather unlikely that you can resolve anything vs miracles as it's effect is symmetrical. A last hope is to hardcast Omniscience.

Apr 2011
    the Netherlands

edit: wrong thread

Thoughts on LDV?

I'm been trying it and it seems to make the deck lot more consistent. It's essentially a vampiric tutor and gets you any (or even multiple pieces if you have a BS in your hand).

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Thoughts on LDV?

I'm been trying it and it seems to make the deck lot more consistent. It's essentially a vampiric tutor and gets you any (or even multiple pieces if you have a BS in your hand).
    LDV opens you up for Wasteland (if UG Sea) and Spell Snare. If you SnT into Omniscience, free cantrips are typically better at chaining into Emrakul, EtI or C.Wish than LDV because LDV without follow-up cantrip requires you to pass the turn. The life loss is also relevant. Basically, you want to LDV for a 3-or 4-of, not 1-of.

IMO, LDV can be utilized in a 3 color build with B.Wish which does not run Dream Halls. That build is already vulnerable to Wasteland with Volcanic Island and to Spell Snare with B.Wish.

Brisbane Legacy regular
    Jan 2009
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Thoughts on LDV?

I love LDV. The ability to cycle different piles, and to get all five cards with Gitaxian Probe and Brainstorm, is amazing. But I don't like it in this deck. With all of the cantrips, there is little incentive to expose the manabase to Wasteland any more than it is. Currently, I am actually asking myself, "Can a deck with 4 Brainstorm, 4 Ponder, 4 Preordain, and 3 Dig Through Time get any more consistent?" And I'm thinking the answer is, "Probably not."

If you wanted to play LDV you'd need a playset of Gitaxian Probe, so you have a better chance of laying your hands on that top card you want the same turn you cast it (or if you're EoTing it, the top two cards on the next turn).

hy guys. i'm new player. this is my deck list. Mono U

kuroko16's DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards
    8 Island
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Scalding Tarn

1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 Force of Will
    4 Dig Through Time
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Ponder
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Cunning Wish
    3 Preordain
    1 Pact of Negation
    1 Misdirection
    1 Enter the Infinite
    1 Impulse
    1 Flusterstorm
    4 Omniscience

SIDEBOARD
    1 Sapphire Charm
    1 Pact of Negation
    1 Trickbind
    1 Noxious Revival
    1 Firemind's Foresight
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Eladamri's Call
    1 Misdirection
    3 Defense Grid
    1 Rushing River
    1 Slaughter Pact
    1 Release the Ants
    1 Dream Halls

MAIN

4 DTT because i think is the best card in the deck. look 7. draw 2. some times you need a Force some time a Show or Land...is Amazing.

Sideboard without Leyline.

I'm testing a Misdirection in Side against Hymn to tourach or similar... for now is ok.

Any suggestion?

some people use 1 boseiju who shelters all in main deck. you like the idea?

Thread Information