Page 126 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 2748

Thread: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Re: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Have to ask about it Ladies and Gents :)

Has anyone tried Diabolic Vision? Glad if I could save some time with testing it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Have to ask about it Ladies and Gents :)

Has anyone tried Diabolic Vision? Glad if I could save some time with testing it :P
    I have not tried out sorcery speed big impulse.
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    I have not tried out sorcery speed big impulse.
    "put on top" makes here a slight difference imo - but ok, thx for response :)

Hello? Why are we dead?

I had to quit the game for some time and I was wondering how the deck works in the current meta. Any significant achievements, changes?

Mar 2015
    Finland

I had to quit the game for some time and I was wondering how the deck works in the current meta. Any significant achievements, changes?
    I guess the current trend in opinions is that Sneak and Show with the addition of Omniscience is just better deck overall, which is why people have kind of skipped playing pure OmniTell with wishboard.

I tried UB variant in local drunken cottage tournament in Finnish lakeside and didn't do that well, since I got beaten up by Aluren and BR Reanimator. I feel the deck is kind of FNM level deck, but not something I would sleeve up to a larger tournament.

Dec 2011
    Barcelona, Catalonia

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I guess the current trend in opinions is that Sneak and Show with the addition of Omniscience is just better deck overall, which is why people have kind of skipped playing pure OmniTell with wishboard.

I tried UB variant in local drunken cottage tournament in Finnish lakeside and didn't do that well, since I got beaten up by Aluren and BR Reanimator. I feel the deck is kind of FNM level deck, but not something I would sleeve up to a larger tournament.
    That doesn't sound so bad.
    Colorless is the new blue
    http://ooh---shiny.blogspot.com

I'll be playing it at a mox tournament coming up. I don't get many opportunities to play legacy :(

I'll most likely be within a couple cards of this:

// 60 Maindeck
    // 1 Artifact
    1 Defense Grid

// 2 Creature
    2 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

// 5 Enchantment
    4 Omniscience
    1 Leyline of Sanctity

// 18 Instant
    4 Cunning Wish
    3 Lim-Dûl's Vault
    3 Flusterstorm
    4 Force of Will
    4 Brainstorm

// 20 Land
    3 City of Traitors
    5 Island
    1 Swamp
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Scalding Tarn
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Flooded Strand
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All

// 14 Sorcery
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Ponder
    4 Preordain
    1 Gitaxian Probe
    1 Toxic Deluge

// 15 Sideboard
    // 2 Artifact
    SB: 2 Defense Grid

// 3 Enchantment
    SB: 3 Leyline of Sanctity

// 10 Instant
    SB: 1 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Firemind's Foresight
    SB: 1 Release the Ants
    SB: 1 Eladamri's Call
    SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Echoing Truth
    SB: 1 Rushing River
    SB: 1 Slaughter Pact
    SB: 1 Noxious Revival
    SB: 1 Fatal Push
    BZK! - Storm Boards

I went 5-0-2 in swiss (first heading into top8) and finished 3rd at a double mox tourney in Columbia, MO.

I played

4 Force of Will
    3 Thoughtseize
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Toxic Deluge

4 Show and Tell
    4 Omniscience
    4 Cunning Wish
    3 Lim-Dul's Vault

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Preordain
    1 Gitaxian Probe

4 Polluted Delta
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Scalding Tarn
    1 Flooded Strand
    2 Underground Sea
    5 Island
    1 Swamp
    2 City of Traitors

SB: 3 Leyline of Sanctity
    SB: 2 Defense Grid
    SB: 1 Thoughtseize
    SB: 1 Firemind's Foresight
    SB: 1 Eladamri's Call
    SB: 1 Noxious Revival
    SB: 1 Echoing Truth
    SB: 1 Rushing River
    SB: 1 Slaughter Pact
    SB: 1 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Release the Ants

I beat R/B Reanimator, Enchantress, Elves, Bantblade (the deck Reid Duke played with Leovold and TNN), Infect, and 4c Loam. I lost to the Infect player that I beat in a very close three games in the semifinals. Missed out on a Mox Sapphire or Mox Ruby and walked away with a Tarmogoyf + 12 Modern Masters 2017 packs.

Observations:

* the 4th Thoughtseize is probably better maindeck than the 1st Leyline of Sanctity.
    * Daze would have been decent
    * I didn't miss Wipe Away
    * Leyline made the R/B Reanimator matchups more approachable. Still not great.
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Mar 2015
    Finland

Nice. I take back what I said about this being only an FNM level deck. I too have come to a conclusion that Thoughtseize is a great card to run in mainboard if we are splashing black.

How was the singleton Boseiju in main? I usually run it in sideboard.
    And what about Toxic Deluge in main? I have also had that card in sideboard (even though it is not wishable).
    You are not running Split Decision in mainboard. How do we combo with Firemind's Foresight into Release the Ants without it? Do we search Lim-Dul's Vault and use that to put Emrakul as top card of our library?

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    How do we combo with Firemind's Foresight into Release the Ants without it? Do we search Lim-Dul's Vault and use that to put Emrakul as top card of our library?
    Yup, that's the case here

How was the singleton Boseiju in main? I usually run it in sideboard.
    It's there to make LDV into more of a threat. It came up in one game maindeck where I drew it and baited a waste by fetching Underground Sea and then dropping Boseiju.

And what about Toxic Deluge in main? I have also had that card in sideboard (even though it is not wishable).
    I was mostly looking to expand my sideboard w.r.t things that I wanted but might also be a reasonable card to draw in enough matchups. I knew I wanted at least 2 Grids, 4 Leylines, 4 Thoughtseize, and a Toxic Deluge but I wasn't sure which I wanted in g1. It was good when I drew it, but I didn't face a ton of combo (it would have been excellent had I drawn it vs Iona on Blue though).

You are not running Split Decision in mainboard. How do we combo with Firemind's Foresight into Release the Ants without it? Do we search Lim-Dul's Vault and use that to put Emrakul as top card of our library?
    You find, BS, LDV, Wish and then cast LDV. What you're looking for depends on your life total and whether you *need* to win at instant speed. If you need to win at instant speed, you're looking for either Omniscience or Emrakul (or Wish if you have Trickbind in the sb) and then you're going to just Wish->RTA. Most of the time you just want a clean way to kill them, in which case you're looking for an Emrakul or a a Wish so that you can play Emrakul and then Wish->Call->Emrakul and cast another one. If you find Wish instead of Emrakul, you Brainstorm into Wish (now you have 2x Wish), and proceed to Wish->Call, Call->Emrakul and cast it, and then Wish->Noxious Revival and Revival your Call so that on your extra turn you draw Call again. Then you attack and Call for the 2nd Emrakul, which means you never pass back to the opponent.
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Does anyone have thoughts on this list? Burning Wish over Cunning Wish is intriguing.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/778232#paper

I haven't played OmniShow, but have everything for this list except for the 4 Omniscience. Was it just a fluke 5-0, or does this version of OmniShow have something going for it? Thanks for any insight.

Its not extremely new actually, it already has been played before so I don't think it is a fluke.

Its just putting 3 Burning Wishes in the place of 1 Show and Tell and 2 Dream Halls, and people have tried that already. The Cunning wishes were always kind of clumsy when not landing an Omniscience so I've seen people take that out also. Its interesting yeah, but there isn't any new tech actually put in this deck, some cards of course less seen are actually Tragic Lesson and Overmaster, but the rest already appeared some time in the past.

Pieces to the Puzzle remains unplayable garbage that doesn't find half of your combo. Pretty sure that guy went 5-0 in spite of the card. Diabolic Vision is a better card for this deck (and still sucks).
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Everybody is splashing this deck either for black (t-seize, ldv) or red (for Burning Wish). I don't like Lim-Dûl's Vault because of card disadvantage, and I think Burning Wish is generally better and more versatile. However, i'm also not a fan of soft counters. I prefer to protect my combo with discard spells, because spell pierce slows the deck down and you can't go off turn 3 because you need one more mana open for protection. So, yesterday I decided to play double splash at my local tournament.

4 Polluted Delta
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Island
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Ancient Tomb
    1 City of Traitors
    1 Swamp
    1 Mountain

1 Griselbrand

4 Omniscience
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Preordain
    4 Burning Wish
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Force of Will
    3 Pieces of the Puzzle
    3 Show and Tell
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Intuition

-----------
    1 Show and Tell
    1 Enter the Infinite
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    12 Irrelevant meta manure

I hadn't played Omnitell for years and I sleeved the deck the night before.
    I finished first, splitting the final match because my opponent was tired and had to go to a dinner at the restaurant. However, he was playing Aluren Combo, I don't think I would have won anyway because if I show and tell into omniscience, he can drop Aluren and instawin. My combo is full sorcery speed and enables his own instant one, so...
    In swiss I beat UR Delver, Dredge, Rakdos Midrange (12 md discard spells), drew with 4c (we played for fun and i quickly 2-0'd him though) and GWb Maverick, then I won top4 semis against the same Maverick dude. Matches details are irrelevant because yeah, who cares about random meta and less than 20 players. However, the deck was a blast to play and I had a lot of fun with it.

Pieces of the puzzle is a decent card since most of the time you're digging for show, because you have 6-7 pieces to drop but only 3 S'n't. It's especially good after omniscience, even though it's a nerfed Dig Through Time. While it didn't impress me and it was the first thing to get boarded out against quick matchups (ur/dredge), it didn't let me down either and has net me a couple of games, so I don't know what to say. Maybe not playing three but just two?

Also, Griselbrand was meh, and Flusterstorm won me a game but other than that did nothing.

Quick question if there's someone still on this one: considering today's meta I think it's finally time to switch into mono u. Do you have any experience with mono u in current meta? Thx in advance

Quick question if there's someone still on this one: considering today's meta I think it's finally time to switch into mono u. Do you have any experience with mono u in current meta? Thx in advance
    What about "today's meta" could possibly make you want to cut Thoughtseize and Lim-Dul's Vault?
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    What about "today's meta" could possibly make you want to cut Thoughtseize and Lim-Dul's Vault?
    A lot of delver variants nad higher amount of discard and wastelands. I like to be wasteland proof. With probes and counters I believe it should be better than second colour and discard. We still have split decision option instead of ldv.

A lot of delver variants nad higher amount of discard and wastelands. I like to be wasteland proof. With probes and counters I believe it should be better than second colour and discard. We still have split decision option instead of ldv.
    Delver is still a very played and playable archetype, definitely a tier one. However, the URB delver-fotm-everybody-playing-tempo era is somewhat passed and many players have switched to other decks, for example 4c control; so it's not like you're facing double wasteland every game and you desperately want to stay monoblue. Plus, a 2 color manabase is definitely playable and solid against their disruption.

Splashing black for 7 cards means you throw in a couple of seas and a basic swamp and you're good to go. That's not really hateable, i'd say it's pretty solid instead. Seize and LDV give a very nice boost to this deck, the first being a proactive disruption which allows you to go off one turn faster (since you don't need 4 mana on the board to pay for flusterstorm), the second being Show and Tell/Omni #5-7 in a deck that struggles finding its haymakers.

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

Here's an idea for a red splash incorporating some sideboard ideas from Omnisneak, and built to be resilient against Chalice of the Void:

4 Polluted Delta
    4 Scalding Tarn
    1 Swamp
    3 Island
    2 Snow-Covered Island
    1 Volcanic Island
    2 Underground Sea
    2 City of Traitors
    1 Lotus Petal
    3 Thoughtseize
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    1 Preordain
    3 Impulse
    3 Lim-Dûl's Vault
    4 Force of Will
    1 Spell Pierce
    1 Flusterstorm
    4 Omniscience
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Cunning Wish
    3 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

1 Mountain
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Kozilek's Return
    3 Abrade
    2 Dread of Night
    1 Perilous Voyage
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Intution
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Firemind's Foresight
    1 Release the Ants
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Thread Information