Page 123 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2748

Thread: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Re: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Quote Originally Posted by Deisss View Post
    On the same level, no love for tolaria west? it could be a mono blue replacement to crop rotation... And can also tutor pact of negation.
    yeah, but there is a big trade off

PRO: it finds you EE, Pact of Negation and lands.
    CONS: much slower, no surprise effect and you can't cheat the Grixis player that hold the Wasteland in his hand for when you drop Boseiju.

Wasteland also can be very strong here.
    You destroy his Wasteland or his Karakas or his Glacial Chasm and then you do your thing.

Which utility lands would you play MD and SB:

Wasteland
    Boseiju
    Cabal Pit
    Tabernacle
    Karakas

what else?

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    yeah, but there is a big trade off

PRO: it finds you EE, Pact of Negation and lands.
    CONS: much slower, no surprise effect and you can't cheat the Grixis player that hold the Wasteland in his hand for when you drop Boseiju.

Wasteland also can be very strong here.
    You destroy his Wasteland or his Karakas or his Glacial Chasm and then you do your thing.

Which utility lands would you play MD and SB:

Wasteland
    Boseiju
    Cabal Pit
    Tabernacle
    Karakas

what else?
    Dust bowl over wasteland? it cost a lot, but is reusable, and if you go for a 3x/4x city of traitor path, it gives you mana for dust bowl activation, and help to get value before sacking them.
    I would also consider Tsabo's web, it's a card I don't see so much, it cantrip and help against wasteland and karakas, which are two shitty lands for us. And again, people usually side out abrupt against us.

Also, Maze of Ith and Glacial Chasm would be my favorite target, glacial chasm as it buy a lot of time, maze of ith as Dark Depth/Gurmag are creatures that people throw in our face as quickly as possible to dodge asap our strategy if we go too slow.

yes Glacial Chasm and Leyline of Sanctity give you, virtually, 10 turns to sculpt your hand.

Told you that Crop Rotation had potential

Overall you can sac City of Traitors to Chasm for further sweetness

http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/about15703.html

yes Glacial Chasm and Leyline of Sanctity give you, virtually, 10 turns to sculpt your hand.

Told you that Crop Rotation had potential

Overall you can sac City of Traitors to Chasm for further sweetness

http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/about15703.html
    For sure there is a possible path here (after all, those cards are all legacy played already, we can't go so wrong with them).

I will try to brew a little, so far I will also check, in the matchups I've faced this week end, really fast clock decks where the one pressuring the most, which was D&T, Infect, Dark Depths and Reanimator. They all suffer either from Tsabo's web, or Karakas depending on the situation. I may try some brew around those two cards because they could be key MB or SB cards to increase those matchups.

think also how sweet is to answer Crop Rotation, Wasteland to a 6/6 Inkmoth Nexus with your opponent all in on that or Maze of Ith for any other.

Or your opponent summoming from graveyard whatever and you, CR, Bojuga Bog.

The problem with Reanimator is that they will clear your hand 100% of the time before going off.

Sensei Top is great to float an answer and resp with it instead then holding it in your hand, but it sounds too slow for modern Reanimators.

Maybe Leyline of Sanctity has become very important..

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingbrago View Post
    Hey really interested in this miracles-omnitell hybrid. I saw a list 5-0 the legacy league a while ago and it seems sweet.
    What list are you playing? Is the combo a good addition to the miracles shell (and respectively the control elements to the combo shell)?

What MU does it improves or make worse?

I was considering the possibility of a transformational sideboard for the deck (into blue moon or UW control-ish with mentor &/or pyromancers) but it didnt really work (took too much space and diluted the gameplan a lot).
    It looks like the lists on MODO are still more like traditional Omnitell. This really did start out with a different premise - how to abuse Top in Omni, instead of how to best combo out.

The Miracles shell is so powerful that opponents have to respect it, and it gives staying power late into the game. Omni is inherently a slower combo deck because it takes 3 mana and 3 cards - I don't think S&T into Emrakul is realistically going to win in many matches. On the other hand, many bad matchups for Miracles are where the opponent ignores most of its interaction through Chalice, PFire, high curve, etc. So having a quick clock that isn't vulnerable to removal is very helpful.

Situations that have come up a lot are
    - The opponent has to put pressure on me because of the combo, but overextends into Terminus.
    - Terminus or Counterbalance baits out counter magic, allowing me to resolve Show and Tell
    - Counterbalance wins the game on its own, Show and Tell is incidental
    - I have an opportunity to Show in Omniscience, but no kill. Omniscience casting Terminus buys time to find the kill.

I think discard matchups with a quick clock can be tough. Liliana and Hymn are brutal. BUG Delver and the right draw from Shardless are bad. Aluren is tough because they have discard and Show and Tell is so dangerous. Miracles played by a good pilot is bad (but a bad pilot will lose to the insane and varied threat density). Otherwise I haven't had trouble with any of the decks I've played.

It's tough to bring in Mentors without the appropriate control backup. Predict, counterspells, plows, etc are really helpful. Also most of the boards I've seen for Omniscience are ridiculously wasteful with combo slots. Trickbind is worthless if you have the Split Decision maindeck. Bounce is so much worse than the white cards.

List: // 20 lands
    2 Ancient Tomb
    4 Flooded Strand
    5 Island
    1 Plains
    1 Polluted Delta
    4 Scalding Tarn
    1 Tundra
    2 Volcanic Island

4 Brainstorm
    3 Counterbalance
    4 Cunning Wish
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 Force of Will
    1 Nahiri, the Harbinger
    4 Omniscience
    4 Ponder
    3 Predict
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Show and Tell
    1 Split Decision
    3 Terminus

//Sideboard:
    1 Disenchant
    1 Eladamri's Call
    2 Engineered Explosives
    1 Firemind's Foresight
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Monastery Mentor
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Release the Ants
    1 Surgical Extraction
    2 Swords to Plowshares

Also, on a different topic I've seen this list http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=13750&d=281039&f=LE
    5-0 the mtgo league twice with different pilots. It seems sweet to use pieces as a pseudo tutor and CA engine with the possibility of getting omni if you need it with noxious revival (also saw a list a while ago playing a white sorcery -cant remember the name doing:
    3W: return all enchantments from your GY to play, to combo with pieces)

Has anyone tested with this kind of list?

Envoyé de mon SM-A500FU en utilisant Tapatalk
    I haven't, but it looks like a pile. It's a whole lot of card disadvantage in a 3-card combo deck.
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

Few questions on this build, which i've used as a base for the one I've played:
    - why 3 terminus and not a 2 terminus/1 Personal tutor split (as personal tutor can tutor show and tell AND terminus) ? I've found 3x terminus was often too much with one staying in my hand (and it's quite hard to hardcast...)
    - why predict ? And why without replenish (that would be the only way I could abuse such feature to put in graveyard I think), also, problem or not post-sideboard with surgical extraction ?
    - looking at the SB, I never really get the swords to plowshare 2x, why not kozilek's return for example as you splash red ?

Lots of questions like that, but they are the main one I was thinking of when modifying this build...

Feb 2016
    italy

hi all, after years with dredge i'm trying UB omni with the same list of gRR!! ( http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=21322&iddeck=163366 ).
    i have a question..., what do you recommend side in/out against these deck?

D&T
    Miracles
    Storm
    Delver deck

in a meta full of D&T and miracles makes sense to use 1x Phiting needle? (vial,karakas and SdT,Jace)

(sorry for my bad english)

Quote Originally Posted by zenden View Post
    hi all, after years with dredge i'm trying UB omni with the same list of gRR!! ( http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=21322&iddeck=163366 ).
    i have a question..., what do you recommend side in/out against these deck?

D&T
    Miracles
    Storm
    Delver deck

in a meta full of D&T and miracles makes sense to use 1x Phiting needle? (vial,karakas and SdT,Jace)

(sorry for my bad english)
    If I were playing that particular list I would side like this:

D&T: -2 wish, -1 spell pierce, -1 bouseiju, -1 lim-dul's vault, +2 massacre, +2 toxic deluge, +1 eng. explosives
    This match up is looking to slow you down. Either with taxing your spells or restricting your land. This list cannot do much about port/wasteland but we can handle the creatures pretty well. Often, the turn that we stick omniscience, we win. I have learned playing against my friend on D&T that we might have to be patient and win several turns afterwards. Just be careful with the mana denial and I think you are favored here.

Miracles: -3 lim-duls, -1 island, -2 wish, +1 Boseiju, +1 flusterstorm, +1 surgical extraction, +1 trickbind, +1 wipeaway, +1 eng. explosives.
    If you saw/expect mentor in the 75 the you also want to board in massacre. -1 preordain, -1 island, +2 massacre. I don't lim-duls vault in this match up. It gives us some amount of speed but I would prefer being able to draw the pieces I need and have a handful of counters to back up the combo.

Storm: I am not too familiar playing storm with Omnitell but just by looking at you you want flusterstorm, explosives, trick bind, maybe wipe away, and toxic deluge. Most ANT and all TES lists have a copy of empty the warrens, so deluge is for the token route.

Delver decks are slightly different enough that they probably warrant independent discussion. I'm also not 100% comfortable in this but I would probably board something like this.
    For all of the: -2 Cunning wish, -4 lim-duls vault, +1 Boseiju, +1 eng. explosives, +1 flusterstorm
    MonoU: I'm not actually sure.
    UR: +2 toxic deluge, +1 wipe away
    Can. Thresh. (RUG): -1 preordain, +1 Surgical Extraction, +2 toxic deluge, +1 wipe away
    Grixis (URB): +2 toxic deluge, +1 trickbind
    4c Delver: This is probably going to have some cards chosen uniquely by that pilot. I don't have any good idea of what else to board immediately.

Dec 2011
    Barcelona, Catalonia

Hey there!

Zenden, here's how I usually side versus these pairings (Kobra_D's post is quite accurate though):

* Against D&T: +2 Toxic +2 Massacre +1 EE; -2 Boseiju -1 LDV -1 Preordain -1 Thoughtseize. The sideboard is clearly oriented to deal with creatures; as long as you maintain clean his side of the table, you should win sooner or later. I usually never side out any Cunning Wish, but now I see that this might be a good idea versus D&T, when you will usually win by S&T to Omni to Emmy, so I'll try this route from now on and side out 1/2 Wishes instead TSeize and/or Preordain. I always side out one LDV, so I can tutor for it with Cunning Wish for games 2-3.

* Against Miracles: +1 Boseiju (though I don't play this 3rd Boseiju in the side anyway) +1 Flusterstorm; -1 LDV -1 Preordain. The main plan against them, again, is simply (uncounterable via Boseiju) Show to Omni to (uncounterable) Emrakul. Lim-Dûl's Vault to Boseiju is a great play here; usually they won't counter LDV (but be careful if they have Jace in play ). Here, I like 4 Wishes main so I don't have to side in too much cards (being Miracles a slow deck, you should have time enough to play Cunning and the wished card).

* Against Storm: +1 EE +1 Fluster +1 Trickbind; -2 Boseiju -1 LDV (and if you are afraid of their Empty the Warrens, +1 Toxic -1 Emrakul). Nothing really flashy here, just bring in Explosives for his tokens (or if he deploys some 0CC artifact, which is unlikely) and fluster and trickbind to stop his combo.

* Against BUG Delver, I side in 1 EE +2 Toxic for his creatures and 1 Fluster to fight his discard, and I side out 1-2 Boseiju (he has wastelands so is highly unlikely that Boseiju helps here), 1-2 LDV, 0-1 Preordain. Anyway this is a really hard match up, his creatures+counters+discard suite is really difficult to beat. Good luck

As I said, I'm not playing 3rd Boseiju side, and Intuition keeps swinging in and out of my 75. If Reanimator starts seeing more play, we should probably rethink the sideboard (maybe tring to squeeze a couple of Faerie Macabres or the like).

Hope it helps!
    Colorless is the new blue
    http://ooh---shiny.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by gRR!! View Post
    Hey there!
    * Against Miracles: +1 Boseiju (though I don't play this 3rd Boseiju in the side anyway) +1 Flusterstorm; -1 LDV -1 Preordain. The main plan against them, again, is simply (uncounterable via Boseiju) Show to Omni to (uncounterable) Emrakul. Lim-Dûl's Vault to Boseiju is a great play here; usually they won't counter LDV (but be careful if they have Jace in play ). Here, I like 4 Wishes main so I don't have to side in too much cards (being Miracles a slow deck, you should have time enough to play Cunning and the wished card).
    I never like keeping too many wishes post board. Often I find that in a control match up I just want the card that I am wishing for that turn, as opposed to running wish into a counter spell or being delayed a turn. I probably need more foresight/pre-emptive/aggressive wishing. Keeping the LDV's might be fine actually. It keeps more speed in the deck and baits out a counter spell sometimes which is also fine. I might have already accepted that any miracles match up is going to take time and therefore I just give up on the speed aspect. I would rather have combo+a lot of counter back up but maybe I shouldn't accept my opponents game plan of slowing things down.

Side note: It isn't good, but I kind of now want to have a blue elemental blast somewhere in the list for the 1 time justice of them going to REB my SnT/Omniscience and I respond accordingly. Maybe in a true mono U version with a few more flex spots in the SB.

Feb 2016
    italy

thank you all, 5 days of testing and then on Sunday 50+ ppl tournament

Dec 2011
    Barcelona, Catalonia

Good luck next Sunday!

I've been thinking a little bit more about siding out C-Wishes vs Death and Taxes and I'm not really sold on it. While is true that we will usually win with Show to Omni to Emmy, a lot of times our opponent will try to stop us putting into play Flickerwisp or, even worse, Oblivion Ring from our own S&T, so in this cases we will need the Wish to win in response (or at least, if there is a Thalia in play and we have enough mana available, to Cunning for Trickbind). So I'll keep my 4 Wishes maindeck :)
    Colorless is the new blue
    http://ooh---shiny.blogspot.com

I still run a mono U list, mostly because I don't want to go in on underground sea, and so I keep a one of dream halls to enter the infinite in some cases as an alternative. And kind of too the point of before, if they flickerwisp omni it just means that I have to set up a win for a couple of turns in advance as opposed to winning on the spot.

Thalia is a similar case where she still makes all spells cost 1, but being aware of that it just takes a careful set up of turns and probably a little bit of luck when looking for the answer to get them off the field.

This doesn't seem to be the deck that wants to be super patient about it's win con but I def. slow down in the match up, more so than against counter heavy decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra_D View Post
    I still run a mono U list, mostly because I don't want to go in on underground sea, and so I keep a one of dream halls to enter the infinite in some cases as an alternative. And kind of too the point of before, if they flickerwisp omni it just means that I have to set up a win for a couple of turns in advance as opposed to winning on the spot.

Thalia is a similar case where she still makes all spells cost 1, but being aware of that it just takes a careful set up of turns and probably a little bit of luck when looking for the answer to get them off the field.

This doesn't seem to be the deck that wants to be super patient about it's win con but I def. slow down in the match up, more so than against counter heavy decks.
    I'm also still on dream halls/enter the infinite. Also playing 2 pact of negation! It's been working great for me so far.

I'd rather play Metallurgic Summonings instead of Dream Halls.

It just rewards you very hard for cantripping and you don't go all in like with Enter the Infinite

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

I'd rather play Metallurgic Summonings instead of Dream Halls.

It just rewards you very hard for cantripping and you don't go all in like with Enter the Infinite
    I like this card. We won't have to deal with young pyro or mentor as an alt win.

Feb 2016
    italy

Quote Originally Posted by gRR!! View Post
    Good luck next Sunday!
    a total disaster ç_ç

0-2 vs lands
    g1 fast marit lage
    g2 fast marit lage, echoing truth. the turn after: exploration, thespian and dark depths

2-0 vs Elves
    g1 turn 3 win with RtA
    g2 s&t-emrakul on turn 2

0-2 vs turbo depths
    g1 omni in play 0 cards in hands, i didn't find CW or LDV or emrakul, he finds dark depths.
    g2 land go, he play thoughtseize, spellpierce. turn 2 he play kozilek, force. turn 3 he play another thoughtseize, i didn't find brainstorm or another counter, discard s&t and surgical

0-2 vs eldrazi (saturday vs this guy i won 5-1)
    g1 he start with eye of ugin and 2 mimic, turn 2 TKS-exile s&t
    g2 land go, he play ancient-CotV, spell pierce. swamp thoughtseize and discard TKS (he had only lands in hand). he play land and pass. land, s&t...warping wail. WTF!!!!! I died shortly after with endless one.

Bye

0-2 vs Infect
    g1 he won in is third turn,
    g2 s&t turn 2 (i had only island and ancient + omni and emrakul in hand with fow/pitch) , he has fow, i play force....daze. (I was afraid of not being able to find another land in time to play around daze).

i really need more testing^^
    @sorry for my terrible english

have people tried the pieces of the puzzle version?

What version is that?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thread Information