Page 134 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138 LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 2748

Thread: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Sep 2014

Re: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Played the UB list for a couple months. I agree with you on Lim-Duels Vault. I was playing 3 Vault,2 Predict. Predict isn't really worth it without Vault. 3 Impulse,1 Vault maybe?

Lim-Duels Vault is at it's best turn 2 for a turn 3 win. In testing iv found Burning Wish provides that as well. It's also good for Enter the Infinite off Omni. The sorcery speed really hasn't mattered like it once did (years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Dittmar View Post
    Played the UB list for a couple months. I agree with you on Lim-Duels Vault. I was playing 3 Vault,2 Predict. Predict isn't really worth it without Vault. 3 Impulse,1 Vault maybe?

Lim-Duels Vault is at it's best turn 2 for a turn 3 win. In testing iv found Burning Wish provides that as well. It's also good for Enter the Infinite off Omni. The sorcery speed really hasn't mattered like it once did (years ago).
    In my UB version, I play 1 Split Decision and 1 LDV.
    SD can be a counter in counter wars, a discard, a removal, can be anything yours or of the opponent, and with it, I never fizzle in Omnisciense + CW situation.
    Keep Walking, Voidwalker! - Use bugs with moderation -

I agree with you on predict and will probably take the 4 total 2 drop spot and make it 3x impulse 1x split decision.
    As far as burning wish, my problem with it is the fact you are passing the turn with the opponent clearly knowing what your doing. Maybe I should give it another shot but for now I'll be on the list I posted with these new tweaks. The board will be the next issue. It's fine currently but could definitely be better. I like the clique and notion thief as alternate win cons/utility but have been feeling very soft to discard. Was debating cutting them and trying to get 3x leyline of sanctity in. I'm always back and forth on the card as it's tough how aggressive to mulligan for one in the opener. If you don't get one then you have dead draws when looking for combo.

Sep 2014

@ Lammina
    Iv never fizzled with Cunning Wish/Burning Wish + Omni (no SD). Are you referring to come into play effects?
    Iv found that there is 2 relevant ones,V Clique and Thought-Knot Seer. Then there is the one of,maybe two of Reclamation Sage/what ever the GW guy that destroys enchantments is.

(Opponents knowing what your doing) There gonna put you on combo as soon as they see Preordain/aggressive cantriping. Depending on what lands your fetching will help determine what combo your playing. Personally I'm known as a combo player. There is the argument of,they keep hands better suited against me. However as a combo player I'm already prepaid for the worst.

Though I do go back and forth from 4 Leyline to 3,I think 3 is the best way to go. I'm also playing 4 Flusterstorms witch help cushion the blows from discard game 1, Or if I dont open with Leyline game 2.

@Curtis

Flickerwisp, vendilion Clique and Reclamation Sage have been ETB effects I've been running into in my local meta game which had me less excited about burning wish on top of them having the information. I am also known for playing combo so they are usually hedging with openers. That being said I still only fetch basic island and ponder/ brainstorm initially to portray a stone blade or miracles deck at first. Then I start getting a little more aggressive trying to sculpt my hand. This has been a very successful strategy for me especially at bigger events. People thinking your on control is really funny when you just drop a show and tell and win lol. But having burning wish with the 4th copy outside the game does help with the increasing number if surgical Extractions going around. Just wondering how well this deck is positioned in the current paper meta? Grixis delver + shadow and depths are on the rise so I'm trying to find the best build/strategy for those matchups.

Has anyone came up with anything interesting as of late? I'm trying to find the right build for scg Syracuse in a couple weeks. Alot of discard and surgical Extraction going around so I dk if we r just not in the right spot with this deck.

Sep 2014

Just curious,have you ever played Dream Halls Enter the Infinite? It adds a certain redundancy to the deck.
    Iv had Show and Tell Surgicaled plenty of times and not cared as much,even less because I'm playing Burning Wish.
    Also good against enter the battlefield effects.
    (B) spot discard vs (U) Flusterstorm/counterspells/Brainstorm,U wins. Hymn/Snap discard is were Leyline of Sanctity comes in.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

that's lejay's original version (mono blue with dream halls and enter the infinite).
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    that's lejay's original version (mono blue with dream halls and enter the infinite).
    And instead 4 Gitaxian, we exchange for 4 surgical extraction in mono blue? Worth it?

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

the original list was:

SORT BY:
    Creature (1)
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    Sorcery (16)
    4 Enter the Infinite
    4 Ponder
    4 Preordain
    4 Show and Tell
    Instant (14)
    3 Cunning Wish
    3 Pact of Negation
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    Artifact (1)
    1 Sensei's Divining Top
    Enchantment (8)
    1 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Dream Halls
    4 Omniscience
    Land (20)
    2 Polluted Delta
    4 City of Traitors
    10 Island
    4 Flooded Strand
    60 Cards

sb:
    Sideboard (15)
    3 Leyline of Sanctity 1 Pact of Negation 1 Trickbind 1 Slaughter Pact 1 Sapphire Charm 1 Rushing River 1 Release the Ants 1 Noxious Revival 1 Intuition 1 Eladamri's Call 3 Defense Grid
    -rob

Just curious,have you ever played Dream Halls Enter the Infinite? It adds a certain redundancy to the deck.
    Iv had Show and Tell Surgicaled plenty of times and not cared as much,even less because I'm playing Burning Wish.
    Also good against enter the battlefield effects.
    (B) spot discard vs (U) Flusterstorm/counterspells/Brainstorm,U wins. Hymn/Snap discard is were Leyline of Sanctity comes in.
    I havent played I straight up dream halls version. Recently put 1x in the main of my ub list over a LDV. The other thing I'd have to ask about the burning wish version...how do you stop ETB effects off show and tell? I've won more games than I can count responding with cunning wish for release the ants. Also would you post your list?

Sep 2014

My 75 is on the previous page.

My approach to ETB effects

That destroy permanents,is to take the control roll and win by casting Dream Halls>Enter the Infinite.

That take a card out of my hand,is to have two win cons in
    hand.

Works with both Cunning Wish and Burning Wish versions.
    Last edited by Curtis Dittmar; 02-14-2019 at 07:03 AM.

My 75 is on the previous page.

My approach to ETB effects

That destroy permanents,is to take the control roll and win by casting Dream Halls>Enter the Infinite.

That take a card out of my hand,is to have two win cons in
    hand.

Works with both Cunning Wish and Burning Wish versions.
    In the case of a S&T for Omnisciense and a Reclamation Sage (opponent), you can cast in response the Burning Wish? I dont think so... Someone can confirm?

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by Lammina View Post
    In the case of a S&T for Omnisciense and a Reclamation Sage (opponent), you can cast in response the Burning Wish? I dont think so... Someone can confirm?
    absolutely cannot can't non-instants while a triggered ability is on the stack.
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    absolutely cannot can't non-instants while a triggered ability is on the stack.
    That's what I thought... In this case only a instant cast speed (like CW) could do something. Ty!

Sep 2014

Not the greatest turnout for Flipside Gaming's Legacy elite event (14). But better than working.

Rd 1-Blood Sun stompy 2/0
    -1 Preordain,1 Flusterstorm +1 By Force,1 Consign

Rd 2-Grixis Delver 1/2
    -1 Fow,1 Impulse +2 Defense Grid

Rd 3-4 color loam 2/0

Rd 4-Drew

Top 8-Burn 0/2
    -1 Mountain,1 Strand,1 Fow +3 Leyline

A very sad 0/2 lol. Mulled to 5 game one on the draw. Mulled to 6 game two,no Leyline but a decent hand. Just couldn't put together fast enough.
    Last edited by Curtis Dittmar; 02-17-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Not the greatest turnout for Flipside Gaming's Legacy elite event (14). But better than working.

Rd 1-Blood Sun stompy 2/0
    -1 Preordain,1 Flusterstorm +1 By Force,1 Consign

Rd 2-Grixis Delver 1/2
    -1 Fow,1 Impulse +2 Defense Grid

Rd 3-4 color loam 2/0

Rd 4-Drew

Top 8-Burn 0/2
    -1 Mountain,1 Strand,1 Fow +3 Leyline

A very sad 0/2 lol. Mulled to 5 game one on the draw. Mulled to 6 game two,no Leyline but a decent hand. Just couldn't put together fast enough.

That's ruff especially when I've always found burn to be an auto win. Are any of you going to Syracuse?

Sep 2014

I'll be there. Playing the same 60 as Worcester.

4 Ponder
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Preordain
    4 Burning Wish
    1 Impulse

3 Show and Tell
    4 Omniscience
    3 Dream Halls
    3 Enter the Infinite
    1 Emrakul

4 Force of Will
    4 Flusterstorm

2 Ancient Tomb
    1 City of Traitors
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Blue Fetch
    1 Mountain
    1 Volcanic Island
    9 Island

Side Board
    4 Sulfur Elemental
    1 By Force
    1 Consign
    1 Time of Need
    1 Show and Tell
    1 Enter the Infinite
    1 Spiraling Embers

Five flex slots that were
    3 Leyline
    2 Defense Grid

I did spend some time with 2 Boseiju in the Grid slot. Even with bringing the in the 4th Show and Tell,Boseiju just doesn't mesh well with my deck.
    I find myself wondering how good 4 Delver would be. 4 Delver/1 Compulsive Research could be the 5 slots.

I'll be there. Playing the same 60 as Worcester.

4 Ponder
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Preordain
    4 Burning Wish
    1 Impulse

3 Show and Tell
    4 Omniscience
    3 Dream Halls
    3 Enter the Infinite
    1 Emrakul

4 Force of Will
    4 Flusterstorm

2 Ancient Tomb
    1 City of Traitors
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Blue Fetch
    1 Mountain
    1 Volcanic Island
    9 Island

Side Board
    4 Sulfur Elemental
    1 By Force
    1 Consign
    1 Time of Need
    1 Show and Tell
    1 Enter the Infinite
    1 Spiraling Embers

Five flex slots that were
    3 Leyline
    2 Defense Grid

I did spend some time with 2 Boseiju in the Grid slot. Even with bringing the in the 4th Show and Tell,Boseiju just doesn't mesh well with my deck.
    I find myself wondering how good 4 Delver would be. 4 Delver/1 Compulsive Research could be the 5 slots.

Definitely interesting to think about in that list. Maybe thing in the ice would just be better and help free up other spots like down the number of sulfur elemental. I'm on the ub list right now and it's performing really well. Jut gotta dodge that discard lol see you there

Quote Originally Posted by Rancor85 View Post
    Definitely interesting to think about in that list. Maybe thing in the ice would just be better and help free up other spots like down the number of sulfur elemental. I'm on the ub list right now and it's performing really well. Jut gotta dodge that discard lol see you there
    Curiously, no Pyroblast in a Izzet build where that is 80% of the reasons to go red instead of black.

Thoughtseize
    Cunning Wish
    Lim-Dul’s Vault
    Massacre

They are all very good cards and allow you to win Instant speed where tour deck will never.

Thread Information