Page 131 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 2748

Thread: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Re: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Quote Originally Posted by Lejay View Post
    The slaughter pact didn't have much value even if I had a couple games where it was the only out. After the MKM event I've put in a real removal instead with echoing decay. I figured that if I wanted to wish for a removal that isn't fatal push I would want to do it in situations where it's really interesting, and echoing decay can be situationnaly very strong because of the echoing part. I faced situations vs double delver several times and the idea came after a game vs triple Kitesail Freebooter. You could also reason otherwise and play Go for the throat as the best choice since it kills almost anything (gurmag especially).
    Am I missing something here, or would Murderous Cut be a good pick for killing hatebears while having the utility to dispatch a Gurmag/Iona/other big thing? You can Delve past taxes, so Cut can be as cheap as Pact (effectively 1 mana), and then also pick up a utility kill against Gurmag or w/e because Cut doesn't have the restrictions of Pact or Push. The biggest conflict would be eating up your Graveyard in matchups where you'd want the Skeletal Scry value or the Reanimate > SCM tactic, but that doesn't really matter in the hatebear matches and could be manage well enough against BUx tempo, right?

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

I see push as a sb card vs delver first so there is some downside. It also won't be rare to want to kill T2 Thalia when you didn't have any discard or they had double Thalia.
    I didn't consider it much and I like that it would be one more way to respond/prevent surgical on show and tell.
    I will keep it in mind while playing and I suggest people do the same.

I don't compare it to Dimir Charm even though it corresponds to the slaughter pact slot since I still want that extra help vs combo at the moment. Could change in the future, especially if there is some way to bring back flusterstorm.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES OF A VERY FUN MULTIPLAYER CASUAL FORMAT
    You very likely can build it without spending any money, just out of what you already have.

An example with my (very large) list in a visual form

I see push as a sb card vs delver first so there is some downside. It also won't be rare to want to kill T2 Thalia when you didn't have any discard or they had double Thalia.
    I didn't consider it much and I like that it would be one more way to respond/prevent surgical on show and tell.
    I will keep it in mind while playing and I suggest people do the same.

I don't compare it to Dimir Charm even though it corresponds to the slaughter pact slot since I still want that extra help vs combo at the moment. Could change in the future, especially if there is some way to bring back flusterstorm.
    Yeah, when I was considering Murderous Cut, I had it in mind competing for Fatal Push's Slot. I really like Dimir Charm if you don't have room for Fluster, especially because, against SnS, you can use Dimir Charm to answer Artisan, but also hold it up as a counter against a fast SnT.

Hi all!

Today a player (SAI199ORZ) in MTGO (5-0) has used 3 Collective Brutality and 3 Jace TMS main deck.

Here is the list:

Planeswalker (3)
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    Creature (2)
    2 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    Sorcery (19)
    3 Collective Brutality
    4 Ponder
    4 Preordain
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Thoughtseize
    Instant (11)
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Cunning Wish
    4 Force of Will
    Enchantment (3)
    3 Omniscience
    Land (19)
    2 Crystal Vein
    2 Flooded Strand
    4 Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Scalding Tarn
    1 Swamp
    3 Underground Sea
    Other (3)
    3 Lim-DA?l's Vault
    60 Cards
    Sideboard (15)
    1 Lim-DA?l's Vault
    3 Bitterblossom
    1 Eladamri's Call
    2 Fatal Push
    1 Firemind's Foresight
    1 Flusterstorm
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Noxious Revival
    1 Release the Ants
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Wipe Away

Collective may be a good call?
    Keep Walking, Voidwalker! - Use bugs with moderation -

Anyone?

and has anyone seen that there is a growing of aggro decks making top 8? How does our deck behave against it, like goblins?
    I tested the UB version against fractius and the bugs got the better, btw.

Well I played against goblins recently and it was sweet. If you keep reasonable hands you should do fine most of the time :)

Ps. about the list above - 3 jaces main seems too much (no way to protect them is also a "no" here - I'm not counting brutality which is btw not for this deck imo) but let's wait for more experienced opinions :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Well I played against goblins recently and it was sweet. If you keep reasonable hands you should do fine most of the time :)

Ps. about the list above - 3 jaces main seems too much (no way to protect them is also a "no" here - I'm not counting brutality which is btw not for this deck imo) but let's wait for more experienced opinions :)
    And you use what version of the deck?

Ub version posted by Lejay

I actually grabbed a 5-0 league with Lejay's list over the weekend, playing against all red or red-splash decks, with Goblins among them (Goblins, 4C Loam, Grixis Control, Moon Stompy, RUG Delver). The Goblin deck felt like DnT except worse, because they had nothing good against me game 1, and were worse at disrupting me post board (again, their white splash was just a less-abundant factor than what DnT does). Also, FoW on their Vial was really good given how bad FoW would be otherwise (pretty sure they play more Caverns than DnT) and how awkward they have to play if they try to Port without a Lackey follow-up after the Vial is countered. The 6 discard spells are pretty good too, since they can pick apart the Lackey plays or whatever lurking Pyroblasts they might have.

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

I am not sure you should keep fows vs goblins. I didn't face it much but I know that against 5c humans I want to sb out fows keeping, discard, removals and strixes. Maybe only keep fows on the draw. It's also possible they have to keep removals post sb if their 75 isn't well built and their hate could make fow more important than strix or creature removal.

Should we split the discussions of the different versions of Omnitell ? This thread is named MonoU after all.
    I am not sure since it's not impossible I splash white for mentor and disenchant in the future (in testing).

On another note, a few days ago I wondered if there was some value to extract from the double shuffle effect when you intuition for Emrakulx2 and Wish and found out new ways to get Emrakul through counterbalance at 2 without passing the turn (or through chalice at 2 without a chalice at 1)
    This is mainly for my list, it is much less useful if you play emrakul x3 (unless you got one exiled by TKS).
    For all sequences we will consider getting the Emrakul is a win and you can't cast a 2cmc card.

Omniscience in play, you have intuition in hand and 2 wishes+1BS in the library. Noxious is wishable :

Intuition for Emrakulx2+Wish
    Resp to both Emrakul triggers you play wish on FF to get Wish+BS
    Wish noxious on Emrakul and BS into it.

Omniscience in play, you have intuition in hand and just 1 wish+1 BS in the library+graveyard:

Intuition for Emrakulx2+Wish
    After the first Emrakul trigger (reshuffling intuition) and in resp to the second you play wish on FF to get Intuition+BS (+a 2cmc for the better). If you only have one BS (you pitched the others to FOWs) play it before the last trigger of Emrakul. You then let the last Emrakul trigger resolve (to reshuffle FF and possibly brainstorm) before intuitioning for FF+Emrakulx2. Then, let one trigger of Emrakul resolve (Reshuffling Intuition) and FF for Intuition+BS(+ a2cmc to draw more cards in the sequence) and you have a loop that will draw you cards with brainstorm until you eventually get Emrakul without the opponent giving it to you on Intuition.

Omniscience is in play, intuition is in the deck with one brainstorm and one wish, you have a wish in hand :

Wish-> FF-> Intuition+BS (+ a 2cmc for the better).
    Intuition on Emrakulx2 and Wish
    Resp to first trigger of Emrakul wish ->noxious targeting Emrakul and brainstorm into it.

If Noxious isn't available, after intuition wish->FF, you let one trigger of emrakul resolve and in response to the second you FF for Intuition+BS (+LDV just to draw more cards) reproducing the loop given above in italic.
    If Noxious is in the library you can grab it with FF as soon as you have a brainstorm in hand and an emrakul in the graveyard.

Omniscience is in play, intuition is in the grave, one wish in library, you have a wish and a way to cantrip :

Wish -> Noxious on Intuition, cantrip into it and reproduce the loop sequence in italic.

Since it is likely people will link more to this particular post, please consider taking a look at the format in my signature.
    You very likely can build it without spending any money, just out of what you already have.

I would love to see the list that uses Silence in this combo

Jan 2017
    TN

I would love to see the list that uses Silence in this combo
    Well, you could play Silence in this list (although I don't think it's necessary.

Instant (18)
    4x Brainstorm
    3x Cunning Wish
    1x Flusterstorm
    4x Force of Will
    2x Predict
    1x Spell Pierce
    1x Split Decision
    2x Swords to Plowshares

Enchantment (6)
    2x Counterbalance
    4x Omniscience

Land (19)
    4x Flooded Strand
    7x Island
    2x Plains
    4x Polluted Delta
    2x Tundra

Sorcery (12)
    4x Ponder
    2x Preordain
    4x Show and Tell
    2x Terminus

Creature (5)
    2x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    3x Snapcaster Mage

Sideboard (15)
    1x Back to Basics
    2x Disenchant
    1x Eladamri's Call
    1x Firemind's Foresight
    1x Flusterstorm
    1x Intuition
    3x Monastery Mentor
    1x Noxious Revival
    1x Release the Ants
    1x Surgical Extraction
    1x Swords to Plowshares
    1x Trickbind

This is what I've been testing lately.

Miracles of science? And how is it? What matchups did you already test?

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

If you want to trigger discussion you probably should tell us what motivated your choices and what are your results versus control decks and delver decks.

Jan 2017
    TN

If you want to trigger discussion you probably should tell us what motivated your choices and what are your results versus control decks and delver decks.
    Testing is in the early stages. This is more of a concept at this point.
    I wanted to try something that is more controlling that the UB builds (which I have been playing to decent success up to this point, with and without Strix).

I've played against Dredge (twice), Reanimator, Grixis Control, and Miracles so far on MtGO.
    So far I've lost to Dredge (once) in 3 games and beaten everything else I've come up against.

Having access to MD removal (that doesn't require a wish) has been great so far.
    Counterbalance is just incidentally good.
    Snapcaster is good (no surprise there).
    Post board Mentor has been insane (also no surprise).
    Having access to Disenchant as a catch-all has also been very good.

The issue I'm having with testing is that I don't own all the cards in paper (yet) and Split Decision is not available on MtGO, which means my testing has been with a Twincast in it's place. Not the worst thing in the world, but definitely not optimal.

Take it for what you will. I don't suggest you play the list unless you're specifically looking for something more controlling that the UB versions (which are already pretty controlling).

I will say that a lot of games end up with you becoming even more of a Miracles deck and usually trimming down to 2 Show, 2 Wish, 1 Emmy, which is actually fine, because you grind out the long game and then drop an Emrakul to finish things out if Mentor isn't quite getting there (which it usually does).

Edit: Also, it should be pretty clear that this build is trying to hedge against Grixis Control with Snapcasters and against Shadow with Swords and Terminus.

Speaking of Miracles of Science, Lejay have you ever considered this list: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...niTell-Control

Jan 2017
    TN

Speaking of Miracles of Science, Lejay have you ever considered this list: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...niTell-Control
    That's where I got the original idea.
    Then I took a post Top list from John Lawrence on the Omni discord, tweaked and updated it and voila, the list I posted.

Yeah I know the origins of your list, that's certain but I'm simply wondering if there is a way to use white with a success. What's more how was the counterbalance? Isn't it more like dead card nowadays without the tops?

Jan 2017
    TN

Yeah I know the origins of your list, that's certain but I'm simply wondering if there is a way to use white with a success. What's more how was the counterbalance? Isn't it more like dead card nowadays without the tops?
    Counterbalance is just incidentally good still.
    It's especially good when there's lots of pyroblasts floating around and you can set it up before you go for the combo.

Recently I've thought about using Mission Briefing to set up Counterbalance with the Surveil 2.

Saturday is approaching and I'll finally have some time to play so I want to ask if there is any change to deck maybe? Any luck with white? (Master Lejay? )

Thread Information