Page 40 of 138 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Re: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Pretty ready to start up with this deck!!!

i share my decklist for advices maily....i was wandering if i shoud run gitaxian probe or impulse where i have pact:

4 Show and Tell
    4 Omniscience
    4 Enter the Infinite
    3 Dream Halls
    4 Cunning Wish
    1 Intuition
    4 Force of Will
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Preordain
    1 Gitaxian Probe
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    9 Island
    3 City of Traitors
    1 Ancient Tomb
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Scalding Tarn
    2 Pact of Negation
    SB: 1 Release the Ants
    SB: 1 Pact of Negation
    SB: 2 Defense Grid
    SB: 4 Leyline of Sanctity
    SB: 1 Trickbind
    SB: 1 Intuition
    SB: 1 Noxious Revival
    SB: 1 Slaughter Pact
    SB: 1 Echoing Truth
    SB: 1 Wipe Away
    SB: 1 Eladamri's Call

Typical list i know!!

Any comment is welcomed!!

cheers...

GC!

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

Quote Originally Posted by pandaman View Post
    What are your current thoughts about the idea of always being on the draw, Lejay? Also, emildn, since you've just posted a very respectable finish with the deck?
    Didn't play with it for some time now. I would still do it, but it is still possible that the metagame evolved in a way it's less good to be on the draw the majority of the time. Maybe the fact that I removed 4th city of traitors at one point already impacted that. But in my opinion it's more likely than it is still correct and that people in general have much more difficulties noticing when they win because they were on the draw than noticing when they lose for being on the draw. The former is invisible if you don't pay attention to it.
    You also have to apply it well. I said before I would be on the draw against an unknown opponent, but that's not by a wide margin. I also precised there are a lot of match-ups where it is a fast race and you want to be on the play once you know what your opponent is playing.
    Of course all that apply to the list I played with. If you play discards and flusterstorms and zero leyline I don't think being on the draw will do as many good things to you.

I recommend people to playtest my list in 40 games against some archetype like death and taxes or jund and compare their stats on the play and on the draw. I'm pretty sure they'll come to the same conclusion.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES OF A VERY FUN MULTIPLAYER CASUAL FORMAT
    You very likely can build it without spending any money, just out of what you already have.

An example with my (very large) list in a visual form

Has anybody maken noxious revival worth??

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk

noxious revival is used vs reanimator and discard. I can only remember one instance where ive succesfully used it and won the game by cunning wishing it and getting back a discarded show and tell for my next draw .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCid View Post
    Has anybody maken noxious revival worth??

Better make it into a divert/flusterstorm in this slot. Or if you want revival kind of effect then use surgical extraction in this slot. Should work better

Back when someone was playing and doing well with Manaless Dredge, I feigned interest in the deck and said I'd bring it next week. I brought an Ichorid in the same sleeve as my Omni-tell deck and set my deck face-up showing said Ichorid. Pairings went up, Ichorid went into a seperate box and I said draw. Opponent mulled into grave hate and his face just sunk when he found out that I wasnt on Manaless.

Point being, that if you see manaless dredge doing well, maybe going on the draw isnt terri-bad. Lejay has had success with it and I respect his thought process on it. Im only advocating this if you feel like its worth a risk.....
    Punishing Nic Fit

During my top 8 at SCG Columbus last year with this deck, lost to triple stifle, I was on the draw every time when I didn't know what my opponent was playing. I chose to be on the play when I won a dice roll against an Elves opponent (thought I needed the extra land drop haha). I had a RUG opponent tank his opening hand for about 3 minutes in distress until he chose to mulligan, a guy mulling to 5 to a turn 1 Deathrite Shaman as well. I counted those games as a free win.

I'm pretty sure against D&T you want to be on the play almost always, and against almost any fair deck you want to be on the draw since their only source of disruption is most likely discard and your counterspells are much better, more plentiful than theirs. I like going on the draw vs Delver decks because this deck has the best combo mana base so Wasteland will almost never set you back and Stifle is at a all time low. Very easy to play around soft counter magic w/ basic islands.

If you correct your mentality w/ being on the draw, it feels like you're winning every dice roll the whole day, I've never played in a tournament where I did not care at all if I was on the play / draw, it felt so good!

Wow! Someone actually wrote something in this thread - after all this time I thought I'm alone now on the omnitell

No, you are not

Then I'm happy. Any new techs you could share? I've been thinking about some good sweepers lately but I think blue has none of them (evacuation is being shut down by gaddock - elves ;/)

Jan 2014
    Spain

I only changed one thing in my sideboard, im playing now 2 slaugther pact is for the hatebears in general, and for example vs iona in the reanimator/dredg matchup

I'm still on the massacre and u.sea plan vs hatebears. The elfs have been very problematic for me lately and not everyone is playing with white splash and this is where my problem begins (massacre) so I'm still thinking about some another good sweeper. Another thing are some random ruric thars in their lists. That why I'm thinking about another emrakul in side just to avoid those thalias and rurics

Maybe you could run perish!

Jan 2014
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I'm still on the massacre and u.sea plan vs hatebears. The elfs have been very problematic for me lately and not everyone is playing with white splash and this is where my problem begins (massacre) so I'm still thinking about some another good sweeper. Another thing are some random ruric thars in their lists. That why I'm thinking about another emrakul in side just to avoid those thalias and rurics

Massacre doesnt kill Gaddock teeg... I prefer Slaughter for this reason (U can run perish or virtues ruin ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Elfkid View Post
    Massacre doesnt kill Gaddock teeg... I prefer Slaughter for this reason (U can run perish or virtues ruin ^^)
    What? How when why? :D About the perish/v.ruin - too narrow, massacre helps also against d&t and meddling mages in uw/uwr decks :)

What? How when why? :D About the perish/v.ruin - too narrow, massacre helps also against d&t and meddling mages in uw/uwr decks :)
    Toxic Deluge is the best sweeper you can currently find.
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    Toxic Deluge is the best sweeper you can currently find.
    Of course I still remember about this one but what scares me is its cmc. What is good about massacre is that it's mostly a free spell and it matters a lot in d&t matchup

Of course I still remember about this one but what scares me is its cmc. What is good about massacre is that it's mostly a free spell and it matters a lot in d&t matchup
    It honestly hasn't mattered a lot to me. I'm at 20 lands with 7 basics postboard, and their clock isn't even close to killing me before I make 3-5 land drops.
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    It honestly hasn't mattered a lot to me. I'm at 20 lands with 7 basics postboard, and their clock isn't even close to killing me before I make 3-5 land drops.
    I"m on 18 lands and usually it's not a problem but thalia plus a port or two yes. And this kind of situation is frequent so casting cmc 3 is virtually impossible for me. And d&t in my local meta is a common deck. Btw are you still on the discard u/b build? And still lab man kill? What are your current bad matchups?

Edit: additional question have you tried cifka/levin wersion? I wonder if someone actually tried it and can say his/her opinion about it. It seems weak but who knows I didn't give it a try :)

I'm evaluating the different 1-mana counterspells based on their effectiveness against discard. T1 - Deathrite Shaman, T2- Thoughtseize (with active DS) has become a very VERY common senario. In this particular situation both Spell Pierce and Flusterstorm are dead, aswell as Divert (if you're running that).
    Obviously you can build up storm with Fluster, but that's rarely cost efficient and nearly impossible on the draw.
    Swan Song doesn't have this problem, and is the best answer to the "deathrite problem". But then you run into another common play which is; T1- Probe into Cabal Therapy (mostly against Ant). Swan Song is basically dead here and the only way to use it effectively is to either counter the Probe (denying them a draw) or to just let everything resolve :/

What are your opinions on which 1-mana counters to use (if you're not running LoS in the SB) and why?

- KjU

Thread Information