Page 48 of 138 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Re: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Ok so you S&T Omni into play with Wish as your last card. They put in Ashen Rider, you Wish for FF. Without the 2cmc I can't see a FF pile that allows you to find Enter and a way to stop their Rider. Am I missing something?

EDIT: after looking at his list again, I forgot about the Quicken. So assuming same scenario, Wish for FF, get Intuition Quicken, Intuition for Enter, Quicken Enter.

The only reason to play FF is for the backdoor Dream Halls kill. If you want it for the Clique/Rider/O-ring scenarios, just play the Quicken/Trickbind in your board and save yourself some time and a main slot. At least that is the way I look at it.

New card from KtK. Maybe in 1-2 copies?

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Barsoom View Post

New card from KtK. Maybe in 1-2 copies?
    I saw this card and thought about this deck. I'm not an expert on Omnitell but it looks like the best fitting home for this card.
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

I doubt it could be good at all.

I'd need to cantrip once on turn 1 and twice on turn 2, plus crack fetches on each turn 1-3, in order to cast this spell for UU on my third turn.

With that much setup, we should be ready for a protected kill, at which point the UU in the mana cost gets really troublesome. I'd rather have an Intuition.

I'm fairly convinced this is rubbish and I definitely wouldn't play it main.

If I'm trying to be positive, it could possibly be useful against hymn decks and miracles as a sideboard option...perhaps if you don't want to play leylines.

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

I am quite sceptical about running this card main deck. However it is definitely to be tested in the sideboard (imo opening post list -1 noxious). The fact that you only have intuition as a set up spell to wish for (+ charm cycling) is a weak point for the deck, both because it is mana hungry and because you may need to wish for that intuition in the combo process (most of the time because you pacted more than you can pay for so eladamri's call isn't an option).
    The best option we had was careful consideration so far. With this card it's possible to wish with three islands in play and the turn after go dig through time, city of traitors, show and tell the combo.

Given the metagame with not much discard we are experiencing, I would have probably played without leylinex1 main if I was using the deck currently. But if I want to test this card I guess I'll have to keep the leyline.

Ps: it also gives you outs on some dream halls set ups or facing oring/ashen rider etc... without running firemind's foresight (+quicken eventually).
    CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES OF A VERY FUN MULTIPLAYER CASUAL FORMAT
    You very likely can build it without spending any money, just out of what you already have.

An example with my (very large) list in a visual form

Well when it's put that way, how can I say no?

I'll take a 7 card dig off of a Cunning Wish with a bad trigger on the stack any day of the week. That's all I was getting with Impulse anyway, and this is easier on the slots.

It's a small improvement, but I'll take it.

Would Careful study over preordain work to fuel the Dig Through Time? Maybe even Ideas Unbound?

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

You'd probably play thought scour and mental note before these. But any of those 4 making bad card selection or card disadvantage can't justify enough the delve cards, they are too bad.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES OF A VERY FUN MULTIPLAYER CASUAL FORMAT
    You very likely can build it without spending any money, just out of what you already have.

An example with my (very large) list in a visual form

Quote Originally Posted by Lejay View Post
    You'd probably play thought scour and mental note before these. But any of those 4 making bad card selection or card disadvantage can't justify enough the delve cards, they are too bad.
    Are you working maybe on the new list which involves the new cards :)?

I'm testing Dig Through Time in 2x main (for -2 Gitaxian Probe) and 1x sideboard. What i can say so far is that's really awesome versus discard decks cause even if they disrupted your hand you topdeck this card or wish for it and you have a good % to be ready to combo again. My early feeling is that this card may be better against discard decks than Leyline of Sanctity, which i never liked through and through and always thought about it like a lesser evil for our deck.
    I'm not sure about the 2x main, more testing of course is needed but i can say for sure that the 1x sideboard is here to stay.
    The card is indeed really powerful and REALLY EASY to cast in our deck so i suggest you omnitell player to start to test it too.

It seems like a better idea every time I think about it.

I mean, we can cast it pretty reliably. We don't rely on the graveyard for anything else. Discard spells are a serious problem for the deck, to the extent that Leyline of Sanctity was necessary to fight it and I often wound up in a quandary picking between my Leylines and counterspells.

If Dig Through Time really works against discard, that would be great: it'll work on that pile of countered spells in my graveyard as well. Perhaps it could replace the MD Intuition, if anyone is still running that?

Not a terrible spell to cast off a SnT --> Omniscience, either.

What baffles me that people are more willing to try this card because it's good against discard, when Jace has been sitting in the corner just waiting to get picked. He's just as good, if not better against hymn, and is more versatile

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by 4thHorsemanOfSleaze View Post
    What baffles me that people are more willing to try this card because it's good against discard, when Jace has been sitting in the corner just waiting to get picked. He's just as good, if not better against hymn, and is more versatile
    Jace always costs 4. Dig Through Time costs 2-3 a very realistic amount of the time. I've been testing 2-handed against a BUG Delver build with Treasure Cruise (and I've been keeping track, Treasure Cruise if anything has helped Delver). So far Dig Through Time is very good. The few games BUG won were double Hymn into Lili-lock or just keeping a hand that didn't do anything.

Also, this is not a replacement for Probe. If anything, it's a replacement for Preordain. I'm not sold on whether the Intuition in the board can be cut, but my thought is yes.
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

Oct 2012
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Lormador View Post
    Well when it's put that way, how can I say no?

I'll take a 7 card dig off of a Cunning Wish with a bad trigger on the stack any day of the week. That's all I was getting with Impulse anyway, and this is easier on the slots.

It's a small improvement, but I'll take it.
    Benn thinking about it for this exact problem as well. The thing is: If I can just Stifle/Squelch/... the trigger, why would I run another tutor? And what do I want to find with it?

Regarding running it main: I haven't tried it yet, still I don't feel too excited about it...It needs setup and on turns 3-5 I'd rather win than go on digging with a card I might or might not be able to reliably cast. I feel simple cantrips being better for this role, as I can always cast them, even if I only have one blue mana available or don't have enough cards in my graveyard.
    I will give it a try though.
    Legacy-Decks: UBrg ANT/TNT ~ RUG Canadian Threshold ~ Mono U OmniTell ~ U Candleless Spiral Tide ~ RG 1 Land Belcher ~ UBRGW Quadlaser Dredge

I see this one only in side maybe 2-3 copies and only against heavy discard decks like BUG. It's pointless to run it main imo and it could replace leylines only

Quote Originally Posted by dune2k View Post
    Benn thinking about it for this exact problem as well. The thing is: If I can just Stifle/Squelch/... the trigger, why would I run another tutor? And what do I want to find with it?
    In the circumstance that passing the turn is undesirable, as I'd need to do if Cunning Wish were my only business (or my only card) past the Show --> Omniscience. In the past I'd have had to Wish for Firemind's Foresight, Foresight for Wish, Impulse, Brainstorm, Wish for my Trickbind and proceed to Impulse + Brainstorm for further action.

It doesn't happen that much, but I like being prepared for the eventuality. It would be great if I might do so without junking up my MD with those cards AND save SB space for discard fights.

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by dune2k View Post

Regarding running it main: I haven't tried it yet, still I don't feel too excited about it...It needs setup and on turns 3-5 I'd rather win than go on digging with a card I might or might not be able to reliably cast. I feel simple cantrips being better for this role, as I can always cast them, even if I only have one blue mana available or don't have enough cards in my graveyard.
    I will give it a try though.
    Obviously if you can win then do that. When you go off turns 3-5, it's not uncommon for Ponder to be fodder for Dream Halls. But it's very reliably castable and it's pretty much the best for refueling after trying to go off. Also when you have Dream Halls in play but no win, Dig Through Time likely will find you the win and a card to cast it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I see this one only in side maybe 2-3 copies and only against heavy discard decks like BUG. It's pointless to run it main imo and it could replace leylines only
    a) why?
    b) have you tested it?
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

a) We already have everything we need, there is no need for additional heavy cost card like this one main. Leyline is too random plus uncastable for us and this one will propably help to rebuild after getting discarded multiple times
    b) Not yet, I'm going to start testing from tomorrow

Thread Information