Page 11 of 138 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Re: Omniclash and Omnimaniac

Played omnimaniac at a small local tournament. Went 3-1.

Match 1 vs UR Delver (2-0): Pushed through the counterspells and won both games. Never felt like I was in a tight spot, despite the constant heat.

Match 2 vs. mono-W hatebears (1-2): Games 1 and 3 I could not fight my way past double Port and double hatebear (Canonist and Thalia). I found myself able to set up a way to deal with one (Canonist) but couldn't work my way past Thalia's taxing effects with two Ports locking me down.

Match 3 vs. UR Stasis (2-0): Game 1 was pretty standard, Game 2 I lost a blowout counterbattle with 5 counterspells ending up on the stack. Followed with a S&T a couple turns later (after paying off Pact) and won.

Overall, solid and redundant combo with a great manabase. I ran LoS in the Board and plan to keep it, but will find three spaces for Defense Grid.

Does anyone know of a way that this deck can deal with two hatebears at once? Besides moving Sapphire Charm maindeck and hoping to draw it while wishing for slaughterpact...

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by mith View Post
    Does anyone know of a way that this deck can deal with two hatebears at once? Besides moving Sapphire Charm maindeck and hoping to draw it while wishing for slaughterpact...
    Rushing River

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Match 1 vs UR Delver (2-0): Pushed through the counterspells and won both games. Never felt like I was in a tight spot, despite the constant heat.

Match 2 vs. mono-W hatebears (1-2): Games 1 and 3 I could not fight my way past double Port and double hatebear (Canonist and Thalia). I found myself able to set up a way to deal with one (Canonist) but couldn't work my way past Thalia's taxing effects with two Ports locking me down.

Match 3 vs. UR Stasis (2-0): Game 1 was pretty standard, Game 2 I lost a blowout counterbattle with 5 counterspells ending up on the stack. Followed with a S&T a couple turns later (after paying off Pact) and won.

Overall, solid and redundant combo with a great manabase. I ran LoS in the Board and plan to keep it, but will find three spaces for Defense Grid.

You don't really need to move anything to md if you have cunning wish.

Wipeaway and noxious revival are the key cards to deal with bears

Like a man bear, just more pig like
    Aug 2009
    Aarhus, Denmark

A friend of mine suggested Teferi's Realm. I haven't tested it, and it seems a bit clunky, but should be really flexible since it can answer all kinds of permanent based hate; even in multiples and those protected by Mother of Runes.

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by NesretepNoj View Post
    A friend of mine suggested Teferi's Realm. I haven't tested it, and it seems a bit clunky, but should be really flexible since it can answer all kinds of permanent based hate; even in multiples and those protected by Mother of Runes.
    Oh wow. Yes. Finally, a deck that can really abuse the 3x Teferi's Reich I have. That's pretty sweet.
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

Rushing River is an ineresting option...expensive, but it does the job

Yes, I could try to setup two wishes for Wipe Away and then a Revival, and time it to go off...but that's going to require drawing two Wishes plus my combo pieces...no the easiest proposition.

Teferi's Realm is a great choice...but the deck would need to bring in 3x copies, and there's not enough room in the board to support that unless we cut DGrid. On the other hand, running Realm means that you can basically negate any counter besides FoW and Daze, so perhaps that works...

Sep 2012
    orange county, ny

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    You don't really need to move anything to md if you have cunning wish.

Wipeaway and noxious revival are the key cards to deal with bears

I am a little perplexed with this. Noxious revival only effects the graveyard, so why would you bring it in against hate bears?
    Legacy Decks:
    UWR Delver
    Imperial Painter
    Burn
    Manaless Dredge

i could see it to maybe rebuy the rushing river?

The Enchanter
    Mar 2012
    Council Bluffs, IA

Quote Originally Posted by teonsw View Post
    I am a little perplexed with this. Noxious revival only effects the graveyard, so why would you bring it in against hate bears?
    It's already been established that he should probably be on a different deck.

On another note, I took another 1st place at the LGS last night with the following list:

// Lands
    3 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    7 Island
    3 Misty Rainforest
    1 Polluted Delta
    4 Scalding Tarn

// Creatures
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

// Spells
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Cunning Wish
    4 Dream Halls
    4 Enter the Infinite
    4 Force of Will
    1 Intuition
    4 Omniscience
    2 Pact of Negation
    4 Ponder
    4 Preordain
    4 Show and Tell
    1 Trickbind

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 Echoing Truth
    SB: 1 Eladamri's Call
    SB: 1 Firemind's Foresight
    SB: 2 Flusterstorm
    SB: 4 Leyline of Sanctity
    SB: 1 Noxious Revival
    SB: 1 Pact of Negation
    SB: 1 Release the Ants
    SB: 1 Slaughter Pact
    SB: 1 Trickbind
    SB: 1 Wipe Away

Played against Spanish Inquisition, Affinity, Nic Fit, and UWr Miracle Blade.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyT View Post

On another note, I took another 1st place at the LGS last night with the following list:

// Lands
    3 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    7 Island
    3 Misty Rainforest
    1 Polluted Delta
    4 Scalding Tarn

// Creatures

// Spells
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Cunning Wish
    4 Dream Halls
    4 Enter the Infinite
    4 Force of Will
    1 Intuition
    4 Omniscience
    2 Pact of Negation
    4 Ponder
    4 Preordain
    4 Show and Tell
    1 Trickbind

// Sideboard

You're an idiot.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Welcome to the Dark Side; "evil will always triumph because good is dumb" - Dark Helmet.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

// Lands
    3 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    7 Island
    3 Misty Rainforest
    1 Polluted Delta
    4 Scalding Tarn

// Creatures

// Spells
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Cunning Wish
    4 Dream Halls
    4 Enter the Infinite
    4 Force of Will
    1 Intuition
    4 Omniscience
    2 Pact of Negation
    4 Ponder
    4 Preordain
    4 Show and Tell
    1 Trickbind

// Sideboard

FYI, intuition in the Board is better than in the MD. Defense grid is also a must.

But don't listen to me since i shouldn't be playing this deck

I am pretty sure Intuition in the sideboard is a must have (because it gives your Wishes something to do), but that doesn't mean you can't also have one in the maindeck.
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Anusien View Post
    I am pretty sure Intuition in the sideboard is a must have (because it gives your Wishes something to do), but that doesn't mean you can't also have one in the maindeck.
    don't listen to me...listen to anusien.

I don't play this deck remember.

The Enchanter
    Mar 2012
    Council Bluffs, IA

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    don't listen to me...listen to anusien.

I don't play this deck remember.
    Fortunately, I do. I've been playing it for quite some time as a matter of fact. I've won 5 events and took 3rd at another with iterations of this deck. The 3rd place is currently my worst finish.

There are fewer sacred cows in this deck than you think. In my testing I've very rarely wanted to Wish for Intuition. Firemind's Foresight in the board makes the sideboard Intuition less necessary and frees up an extra slot. You just grab the maindeck one. If you aren't playing Foresight, I agree an Intuition in the board is a must. Interestingly enough, in game 3 against UWr Miracle Blade last night, I was in a situation with a Dream Halls in play and a Cunning Wish in hand where grabbing Firemind's Foresight was the only card in the game that would allow me to win the game.

Defense Grid is also not a must have. With the amount of fast combo in my meta, I wanted a card that was not only good at protecting my combo, but stopping others; hence the Flusterstorms in the board over Defense Grid.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Fortunately, I do. I've been playing it for quite some time as a matter of fact. I've won 5 events and took 3rd at another with iterations of this deck. The 3rd place is currently my worst finish.

There are fewer sacred cows in this deck than you think. In my testing I've very rarely wanted to Wish for Intuition. Firemind's Foresight in the board makes the sideboard Intuition less necessary and frees up an extra slot. You just grab the maindeck one. If you aren't playing Foresight, I agree an Intuition in the board is a must. Interestingly enough, in game 3 against UWr Miracle Blade last night, I was in a situation with a Dream Halls in play and a Cunning Wish in hand where grabbing Firemind's Foresight was the only card in the game that would allow me to win the game.

Defense Grid is also not a must have. With the amount of fast combo in my meta, I wanted a card that was not only good at protecting my combo, but stopping others; hence the Flusterstorms in the board over Defense Grid.
    What is this "free-thinking" you're doing here? We don't allow that in the Hive Mind. Out! Out with your creative thoughts!
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    What is this "free-thinking" you're doing here? We don't allow that in the Hive Mind. Out! Out with your creative thoughts!
    Run, Edward Snowden-- err I mean, HoneyT-- he's one of THEM!

Site Contributor

Mar 2011
    Minneapols, MN

Does anyone know of any links to SCG Opens or other videos of this deck if action? I would like to see it in action.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

i know i'll probably be shunned for this next statement but it might kinda work

Why dont we run Thwart's in here..maybe 2-3? It seems like if we are protecting the combo we win that turn anyways so the lands back in the hand is irrelevant. its not really card disadvantage otherwise. It can be hard casted for less than FOW.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkeyman View Post
    Does anyone know of any links to SCG Opens or other videos of this deck if action? I would like to see it in action.
    proxy it up and playtest. it cost nothing to proxy bro
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Dec 2010
    Eindhoven, the Netherlands

In rare situations Cunning Wish -> Hideous Laughter, when you have Omniscience out. But I guess those situations would be rare.

Started playing this deck next to TES. I love the dark side.

Thread Information