Page 53 of 138 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2748

Thread: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Re: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

I must say id rather play Miracles then BUG and DnT. Of all the Delver decks BUG is the hardest. Discard, permission and a fast clock is just so frustrating. Also here i to drop a defense grid, spell pierce a thoughtseize/hymn and push thru a s&t with at least 1 fow.
    DnT is hard aswell. If you can't combo on T3 then its mostly a loss from there.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    I must say id rather play Miracles then BUG and DnT. Of all the Delver decks BUG is the hardest. Discard, permission and a fast clock is just so frustrating. Also here i to drop a defense grid, spell pierce a thoughtseize/hymn and push thru a s&t with at least 1 fow.
    DnT is hard aswell. If you can't combo on T3 then its mostly a loss from there.
    how is your list and sb

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    how is your list and sb
    This list is what i currently run after i went 3-3 and tweaked it a bit based on my evaluation. If it weren't for some small play errors it might have been 5-1 or at least 4-2 granting me T8 that day. Nonetheless the changes would still have been made as i will explain some of them based on the list.

2 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    2 Dream Halls
    4 Omniscience
    4 Enter the Infinite
    4 Show and Tell

3 Cunning Wish
    2 Intuition
    4 Preordain
    4 Ponder
    4 Brainstorm

4 Force of Will
    3 Spell Pierce
    1 Misdirection

6 Island
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Polluted Delta
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Misty Rainforest
    3 City of Traitors
    2 Ancient Tomb

Sideboard
    1 Release the Ants
    1 Noxious Revival
    1 Intuition
    1 Wipe Away
    1 Snap
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Polymorphist's Jest
    1 Trickbind
    1 Hurkyl's Recall
    1 Misdirection
    2 Flusterstorm
    3 Defense Grid

Changes where:
    Main
    -1 Dream Halls
    +1 Emrakul

Board
    -2 Dig Through Time
    +1 Wipe Away
    +1 Flusterstorm

0 Dig Through Time: It is to slow for my taste. Intuition makes a solid end of turn play to combo the next turn. It is however bad versus Extraction/Exitpate, but mostly i board the intuitions out when i expect those and bring in Flusterstorms and Misdirection vs discard.
    0 Leyline of Sanctity: I played 4 of those, but i tried mulligan to them and ended up with a lousy 4/5 and lost because i bricked OR i kept an solid 7 without them and eventually drew into them (lousy again...). So i figured i wanted something else to work with and was usable in other situations aswell.
    0 Pact of Negation: Also played 3 of those mainboard, but a lot of times those where sitting in my hand while my opponent was casting stuff and i couldn't respond to it wishing it was a fow or something.
    3 Spell Pierce/1 Misdirection: So i figured, why not play "fow" nr 5 and Pierces to fight the discard war, but also has the ability to interact during the turns where i am sculpting my hand. (against DnT, T1 Pierce a Vial, T2 FoW a Thalia and T3 Combo is one the many things that happened) Same goes for Misdirection. It is similar to Pact of Negation in the way of fighting the counter war, but it can also backfire a T1/2 Thoughtseize or Hymn. Also the cards are blue which is very relevant for both FoW and Dream Halls. In that regard i don't like Defense Grid.
    1 Snap: This is actually a card i put in versus Thalia. But i have never used it nor wished for it.
    1 Hurkyl's Recall: MUD
    1 Wipe Away: Being able to bounce a land (glacial Chasm) is very relevant. I played 0 during the tournament and when going of i wasn't able to bounce the Chasm and had to figur some complex manouvre to still be able to win that game while not passing the turn and casted Emrakul and then had to figur a follow on play. (casting Enter the Infinite with 0 cards in library is one i hadn't thought of before, but was a really important to be able to Cunning Wish -> Noxious Revival ->Release the Ants on top (during upkeep) -> draw Ants -> Cast Enter the Inf -> Put another Enter the Infinite back on top -> Ants for the remaining couple of life points.
    2 Flusterstorm: More options to battle interactive decks with discard/counter magic. Also ANT is popular at our local meta.
    2 Emrakul: During play it often happened i needed to Intuition for Cunning Wish to get a bounce or the Polymorphist's Jest against hate bears, or i just needed more Cunning Wish then 3. And i got stuck there. Playing 1 Emrakul is nice and all, but it happened (in the same situation) where i was only left to drop Emrakul on the board, take an extra turn and attack, leaving my opponent with 1-2 creatures still on the board for lethal to me on his turn. So i discussed this with someone and he suggested playing a second copy of Emrakul to be able to do some tricks with and solve those issue's aswell on other issue's i was having. Also a one-off Griselbrand is optional as seen in this top 8 list.

Jul 2014
    Philippines

What do you think of putting 2 propaganda in the sideboard? The meta is more about fast beat down cruises so why not try it. The meta here in the Philippines is just the same in the US.

I've been playing the deck on modo for a bit and I have 2 things I want to ask you guys... First the list.

ENCHANTMENTS (8)
    4 Omniscience
    4 Dream Halls
    SORCERIES (16)
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Ponder
    4 Preordain
    4 Enter the Infinite
    INSTANTS (14)
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    2 Cunning Wish
    2 Pact of Negation
    2 Dig Through Time
    ARTIFACTS (4)
    4 Lotus Petal
    LANDS (18)
    8 Island
    3 Scalding Tarn
    3 Misty Rainforest
    2 City of Traitors
    2 Ancient Tomb
    SIDEBOARD (15)
    3 Defense Grid
    1 Hurkyl’s Recall
    1 Laboratory Maniac
    1 Slaughter Pact
    1 Trickbind
    1 Wipe Away
    1 Research // Development
    1 Tormod’s Crypt
    1 Grafdigger’s Cage
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Intuition
    1 Pact of Negation
    1 Dig Through Time

Lotus Petal/Dig through time.
    These replace 2 land and 2 spells (LoS and Emrakul from the standard list). UR-delver is the DTB and not only is it fast but it also has Daze. I figured the Petals would be a nice addition as they double the chance for me to hit 3 mana turn 2 and also makes Dream Halls a more realistic Plan. I compensate this card-disadvantage with 2 Dig through time maindeck for matchups where speed is not the issue. The petals have nice synergy there aswell, netting "2" mana each. Dig normally costs 3-4 mana but it's also great with dream halls. Instead of Firemind's foresight I can go Halls->dig->enter the infinite+blue. This additional digging power also let me play few cunning wishes.
    I am not sure if my approach is valid... I don't have enough data to prove it. At first glance it seems better once you go off, but then you can sometime struggle to set up the next try since your lands are now in the graveyard. This has come up if your second attempt is Dream halls but not if you go for show and tell. Playing 20 lands and no petals would allow me to put I.E 2 flusterstorms and buy time that way.

May 2011
    Dalian, China

I played this at the GP to a 10-4-1 finish for 195th. I'll post my list when I get home, played delver 8 times winning 7 of them including victories over Alix Hatfield and AJ Sacher.

Dig through time is nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I played this at the GP to a 10-4-1 finish for 195th. I'll post my list when I get home, played delver 8 times winning 7 of them including victories over Alix Hatfield and AJ Sacher.

Dig through time is nuts
    Please post your list.Currently racking my brains how to insert dig through time without disrupting the deck too much. I removed the singleton MB leyline of sanctity and Emrakul to fit in 2 Dig through Time.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

May 2008
    Milwaukee, WI

Playing Punishing Regular Miracles.

Contribute to the community Miracles Primer.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Valtrix View Post
    makes sense, sorta. with 4 DTT you don't need more ETI, but finding S&T and OMNI seems much harder even though you are pretty much 100% dig.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

This is an all or nothing show and tell deck right unlike the Dream Halls version wherein we can go Plan B via dream halls?

I dont get how he will be able to get the dream halls from the wishboard? or is this a sideboard game 2 thing?

May 2008
    Milwaukee, WI

Yes, it is all in on show-and tell. And with 4 digs finding one show and tell is not hard at all. But, running so many digs lets you build up a crazy good hand to fight through a lot of hate and the 3 sol lands lets you find the acceleration when you need it, but not too much. It really lets you focus on assembling show and tell + omniscience, so you get a lot more focused hands in my opinion, even if finding a particular combo piece can be a bit more challenging. But, this reduces the overall amount of combo pieces you have in your deck which means that it's far less likely that your hand will be clogged with bad combo pieces. Also, never using dream halls means that it's easier to fight through a spell pierce.

Yes, Dream Halls is a G2 thing. YOu can bring this in if you expect things like meddling mages or surgical extractions as a way to play around them. In my version I actually just run the 1 dream halls main over the enter the infinite because I figure once omniscience is in play I probably don't even need enter the infinite (especially since I run firemind's foresight as well).

No leyline of sanctity? Dig through time lets him handle all the discards?

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by IL_casual View Post
    No leyline of sanctity? Dig through time lets him handle all the discards?

To be honest i stopped playing leylines as well. Most of the times it didnt stop enough, or mulligan for ut ended up in a disaster, or not mulligan for it was often better but then drawing one from the top sucked hard.
    Anyway, instead of running Leylines i run 3 spell pierce and 1 misdirection main and 2 flusterstorm and 1 misdirection on the board. This way i have a way to not only battle target discard, but also stuff like Smallpox or whatever i want to interact with.
    Also i don't Dig Through Time. Might bring back 1 DTT to the side to be able to Wish for it.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Yes, it is all in on show-and tell. And with 4 digs finding one show and tell is not hard at all. But, running so many digs lets you build up a crazy good hand to fight through a lot of hate and the 3 sol lands lets you find the acceleration when you need it, but not too much. It really lets you focus on assembling show and tell + omniscience, so you get a lot more focused hands in my opinion, even if finding a particular combo piece can be a bit more challenging. But, this reduces the overall amount of combo pieces you have in your deck which means that it's far less likely that your hand will be clogged with bad combo pieces. Also, never using dream halls means that it's easier to fight through a spell pierce.

Yes, Dream Halls is a G2 thing. YOu can bring this in if you expect things like meddling mages or surgical extractions as a way to play around them. In my version I actually just run the 1 dream halls main over the enter the infinite because I figure once omniscience is in play I probably don't even need enter the infinite (especially since I run firemind's foresight as well).
    Hi Valtrix. you mean you actually don't have Enter the Infinite in your Main? Im curious now what you do with your foresight, and how the sequence plays out.Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    To be honest i stopped playing leylines as well. Most of the times it didnt stop enough, or mulligan for ut ended up in a disaster, or not mulligan for it was often better but then drawing one from the top sucked hard.
    Anyway, instead of running Leylines i run 3 spell pierce and 1 misdirection main and 2 flusterstorm and 1 misdirection on the board. This way i have a way to not only battle target discard, but also stuff like Smallpox or whatever i want to interact with.
    Also i don't Dig Through Time. Might bring back 1 DTT to the side to be able to Wish for it.
    Are you playing with 4 fow + 3 pierce + 1 misdirection in main or just 3 pierce + 1 misdirection instead of fows?

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Are you playing with 4 fow + 3 pierce + 1 misdirection in main or just 3 pierce + 1 misdirection instead of fows?
    First of, congrats to Akash for his 9th place finish.

Yesterday i top8'd in the unofficial Dutch Legacy Championship organised by Gameforce with 75 players. (Guess thats the reason there is no official one anyway. Lol)
    I ended in t8 after going 5-1-1.
    The list will answer your question.

R1: 2-0 Elves!
    R2: 1-2 DnT
    R3: 2-1 Elves!
    R4: 2-0 Tezzeret
    R5: 2-1 Miracles
    R6: 2-0 UR Delver
    R7: ID
    T8: 0-2 UR Delver

List:

2 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    2 Dream Halls
    4 Omniscience
    4 Enter the Infinite
    4 Show and Tell

3 Cunning Wish
    2 Intuition
    4 Preordain
    4 Ponder
    4 Brainstorm

4 Force of Will
    3 Spell Pierce
    1 Misdirection

6 Island
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Polluted Delta
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Misty Rainforest
    3 City of Traitors
    2 Ancient Tomb

Sideboard
    1 Release the Ants
    1 Noxious Revival
    1 Intuition
    1 Wipe Away
    1 Snap
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Polymorphist's Jest
    1 Trickbind
    1 Hurkyl's Recall
    1 Misdirection
    2 Flusterstorm
    3 Defense Grid

I really liked the second Emrakul enabling me to loop much easier and solve some problems after i cast Enter the Infinite but was not able to use Release the Ants.

Dream Halls was kind of shitty, but it sometimes is an alternative route in situation where one is floating a cmc 3 with CB/SDT.

Spell Pierce was awesome all day. Going in with 4 lands enables another counterspell. I really don't like Pact in that regard since its only usefull on combo turn. But spell piercing a Natural Order or Thoughtseize feels good. It also pitches to fow or dream halls which is sometimes very relevant for me to win.

I didnt have to use the wishboard apart from getting a release the ants and sometimes a intuition to find a combo piece.

Based on the results of the SCG 9th place finish and my personal experience i want to try replacing:
    2 Dream Halls
    2 Intuition
    For
    3rd Emrakul
    3 Dig Through Time

Also versus UR Delver and Miracles Boseiju, who shelters all. Even with Defense Grid is was very hard to push thru. Boseiju would have been so much easier.
    Last edited by Bobmans; 11-17-2014 at 05:48 AM.

Hi Valtrix. Im not sure how this new deck exactly works. After omniscience resolves...what exactly should be doing aftee? digging till I get an enter the infinite? cunning wish for Eladamris? and I dont get the firemind foresight since were not on the dream halls plan..why exactly is it in the sideboard.thanks!

May 2008
    Milwaukee, WI

With Firemind's Foresight you go get a brainstorm + impulse + cunning wish. At this point you're looking to find another omniscience to put on top of your library with brainstorm. Then you can use your second cunning wish to get release the ants to win the game since omniscience is on top of your library. It should be trivial to chain cantrips until you find a second omniscience since you can cast everything for free. However, if you fail to find it, or can't cast much because of something like Thalia, or know your opponent has a CMC 11+ in their deck, you always have the backup of using your cunning wish to get eladamri's call and then just win with Emrakul.

With Firemind's Foresight you go get a brainstorm + impulse + cunning wish. At this point you're looking to find another omniscience to put on top of your library with brainstorm. Then you can use your second cunning wish to get release the ants to win the game since omniscience is on top of your library. It should be trivial to chain cantrips until you find a second omniscience since you can cast everything for free. However, if you fail to find it, or can't cast much because of something like Thalia, or know your opponent has a CMC 11+ in their deck, you always have the backup of using your cunning wish to get eladamri's call and then just win with Emrakul.
    ah so that's the new route.But if won't this route just make enter the infinite obsolete? since you can use fireminds foresight to stack the library.

How do we win if I managed to draw my impulse?

Thread Information