Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Speculate: What prices will go up and what will go down?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: Speculate: What prices will go up and what will go down?

Foil rotations are 20 right now. I dont know if that is what they have always been at or not tho9ugh. I guess for a niche legacy/edh playable from urzas block its fine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Modern seems to swing card prices, % wise at least as much as Legacy. Especially when a GP or PTQ season rolls through. With the legend rule changes some of the Kamigawa block dragons might actually be worth reanimating and messing with. Yosei in particular. Some others would be Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. I'd also think Liliana will either be a $100 card by Thanksgiving or get banned in Modern.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Modern seems to swing card prices, % wise at least as much as Legacy. Especially when a GP or PTQ season rolls through. With the legend rule changes some of the Kamigawa block dragons might actually be worth reanimating and messing with. Yosei in particular. Some others would be Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. I'd also think Liliana will either be a $100 card by Thanksgiving or get banned in Modern.
    Urborg seems sweet. A WB Pox Zombies deck seems sweet with hard to cast triple black in Geralfs Messenger
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Sure it is. *pats on head* I don't disagree with the line of logic. Not sure what Eggo was expecting as useful criticism to an intuitive train of thought.
    If it was intuitive, there was no need for criticism? Not to mention you weren't criticizing, you were being pointlessly antagonistic in response to an on-topic post containing an idea not already present in the thread.

Foil rotations are 20 right now. I dont know if that is what they have always been at or not though. I guess for a niche legacy/edh playable from urzas block its fine?
    Looking around it seems closer to $15, but if memory serves - I bought one for an EDH deck a little over a month ago - that's about where they've been for a while. A bit over $1 for the normal and $20 for the foil seems like it might be in store in the near future, but I'm guessing it will be slower to go up than a lot of the other cards mentioned and won't go up much further than that.

Time lag for price increase on complements and all that jazz.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I usually quote SCG prices. Sure sometimes they are horrifically over priced, but as far as the retail area they usually are trend setters. Ebay is just anoying to look at all of the recent sales

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I usually quote SCG prices. Sure sometimes they are horrifically over priced, but as far as the retail area they usually are trend setters. Ebay is just anoying to look at all of the recent sales
    I usually just look at TCGPlayer if I want an overview of prices. Maybe not the best aggregator in the world, but they do a decent enough job.

You are spot on with the SCG prices, but I usually shop around a lot to get lower prices - obviously never from SCG - so I can't be sure if the price has risen recently or no.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I don't shop from SCG most of the time. But they are my go to price guys. Also Avacyn Angel of Hope is up to 18... indestructible board is busted in legacy right? :p

Playing solidarity on MWS because I love to masturbate.
    Aug 2008
    Arkansas

I use www.blacklotusproject.com to get a good idea of ebay prices. I find them a little better the MOTL when it comes to price trends and you can see the last 3 years on most cards as well.

I use Star City for trading since it is a price guide our whole group agrees on and it is what local LGS's use for pricing.

I buy from strike zone, troll & toad and star city sometimes. I do a lot of purchases via Amazon since they are closest to ebay averages then most other sites
    Join Team Short bus We have all the special People, We allow helmets at our tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Personally I ... find MWS to be as fun as running a cheese grater down my ballsack.

Thread Information