Thread: Wasteland, Aether Vial & Mutavault price speculation

Wasteland, Aether Vial & Mutavault price speculation

New Post TLDR: When is the best time to buy Mutavault, Aether Vial, Wasteland and True-Name Nemesis (in Germany, if that makes a difference)?

Old Post:
    I want to build a Merfolk deck but other than the FOWs I don't have any of the medium-to-high price cards. Would it be a good idea to buy the cards now because the will only get more expensive with time or do you predict a price drop in any of them? For example Aether Vial seems to be in Modern Masters but I don't know if and how much drop this could cause and Mutavault wasn't spoiled yet for MM so maybe it will increase when it is surely not in it?

At the moment I could pick up Mutavault for 17€, Aether Vial around 8-10, Wasteland 25-30 (all on magickartenmarkt.de).
    Last edited by kirdie; 11-13-2013 at 01:44 PM.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Re: Wasteland, Aether Vial & Mutavault price speculation

Mutavault won't be, Blinkmoth is in.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

I am quite sure Mutavault will also be in Modern Masters.

Wasteland is not on the reserved list, but I don't think they will reprint it (perhaps in a FTV, but there has JUST been a land-FTV where it wasn't in, so I don't think so)

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

I dont expect to see a Wasteland reprint anytime soon. They made the judge promo not long ago.
    Mutavault idk. My guess is MM, it´ll never see a reprint in a standard edition.
    Vial is in MM, so it´ll drop a bit. Also it was in FTV.

But i you need the cards, just buy them. In the long run it evens out and cards aren´t speculation objects.
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Just buy them! Merfolk is a good deck! The prices won't drop that much (IF they drop at all).

I still have the same problem but now True-Name Nemesis came to the list :-)

Unfortunately, Wastelands (>30€) and Aether Vial (>11 €) seem to be even more expensive now.
    Mutavault had a dip when M14 came out but now it skyrocketed again, before it reached my target price of 10 € :-(

So what be the best time to pick all those up? I'm already waiting for more than half year for the stuff to be affordable...

Mutavault will go up once Standard PTQ season starts. It should drop a bit after that, during the summer and fall, from lower demand. I see no reason for Aether Vial or Wasteland to decrease in price any time soon. True-Name Nemesis will probably decrease in price as supply increases, if what we've been told is true, and Commander 2013 will continue to be printed. However, it could increase in price, in the face of increased printing, if the card proves itself in D.C.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Those are all pretty safe bets to just pick up now. Even with reprints it won't affect much. Mutavault and Vial have both gotten reprints lately. They are as stable as they are going to get for a long time. Wasteland is about the only one who might see a dip in price if a reprint hits, but it's doubtful it will see one anytime soon. I have to agree with everyone else and say it's just better off picking them up now.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by kirdie View Post

Unfortunately, Wastelands (>30€) and Aether Vial (>11 €) seem to be even more expensive now.
    Mutavault had a dip when M14 came out but now it skyrocketed again, before it reached my target price of 10 € :-(

So what be the best time to pick all those up? I'm already waiting for more than half year for the stuff to be affordable...
    Now. Stop waiting. Pick the cards up and get some enjoyment out of them. If you truly can't afford them at current prices, then Legacy probably isn't the format for you.

Site Contributor

Nov 2009

Quote Originally Posted by kirdie View Post

Honestly I see Aether Vial continuing to rise as wizards continues to print cheap EtB powerhouses. See snapcaster mage, Stoneforge mystic, baleful strix, etc. We're also seeing goblins becoming more fringe playable as well as merfolk and rise of death and taxes.

If I were really really patient, I might wait until m14 cycles to pick up mutavault. However, they are a solid staple that probably won't decline in price that much.

Wasteland unfortunately is always on the rise as long as legacy continues to be a format.

True Name Nemesis.... ugh. Go call up all the superstores you know in more obscure areas. IE target & Walmart. They won't last long.

Thread Information