Oh lookie. The easiest way to kill this guy without wiping the board (clone effects) just got axed by the rules change. Time for a deck revisit??

There are many variants on Uril decks. This one is designed for either 1v1 or multiplayer and has the primary gameplan or BEATFACE WITH REALLY HARD-TO-KILL COMMANDER. In case you didn't notice, he wears an enchanted suit of armor that says "TURN ME SIDEWAYS DUDE".

I'm looking for suggestions on cards that will advance this specific game plan. Any ideas?

Here is the general strategy:
Step 1 : Ramp to 5 mana as fast as possible
Step 2: Cast Uril as soon as possible (waiting for protection if expecting resistance)
Step 3: Enchant Uril with something that grants evasion/trample. Turn sideways. Make him as hard to kill as possible.
Step 4: ROAR
Step 5: WHEN (not if) Uril gets killed, have gas to cast him and another aura again. Rinse and repeat.

The rest of the deck is just support and utility for the primary gameplan. If someone casts Runed Halo or Declaration of Naught naming Uril, well screw them. This is EDH and that shouldn't happen.

Because the critical mana number is 5, ramp spells that help you get to 5 are good (Cultivate, Kodama's Reach) and spells like Explosive Vegetation and Skyshroud Claim are a tad awkward. Ramp is ideally played on turns 2-3, especially in 1v1 where a turn 4 Uril might not die.

I rationalized card choices by thinking about what the opponents might do to stop him, since he has a giant target on his back. The most common way to kill Uril is wrath effects. That's why Totem Armor is amazing. I am running pretty much every playable Totem Armor for maximum wrath protection. Mass tuck effects (Hallowed Burial, Terminus) are possible, so there are multiple ways to tutor him out of your library (Eladamri's Call, GSZ, Chord of Calling).

Also, because opponents are going to wrath you eagerly, you don't want to get 4-for-1'd. So the objective is just to drop 1-2 auras and go to town. I have intentionally left out auras that make you overcommit (Ancestral Mask, Daybreak Coronet, Ethereal Armor) since they just encourage you to walk into card disadvantage. Auras that return like Rancor, Moldervine Cloak and Angelic Destiny are ideal.

The next easiest way to stop Uril is to chump block him. A chump block is a full timewalk against you. Getting Time Walked is bad. So auras that grant evasion/trample (Serra's Embrace, Runes of the Deus, Madcap Skills) are good. Because you don't want to commit too many auras at a time, I am avoiding auras that just add vanilla pump but do not grant evasion or protection (Ancestral Mask, Empyrial Armor). They get chump blocked by 0/1 plants all day and encourage you to overcommit auras on Uril. Uril is beefy enough on his own. He will win games on his own. He doesn't need generic fat. He needs to survive and connect.

Totem Armor and/or evasion deal with most answers to Uril, but he can still eat sacrifice effects or counterspells. So I have included a tutorable suite of protection against these:

Tajuru Preserver
Vexing Shusher
Leyline of Lifeforce

So now there are ways to ensure Uril is hard to deal with. But there are always crazy tricks opponents can pull. So the very last line of defense, if you ever manage to untap with an evasive Uril, is to simply stop opponents from casting spells:

City of Solitude
Defense Grid
Price of Glory
Ruination
Realm Razer

In particular, there is this MONSTROSITY of a card that is pretty much custom-designed for Uril decks: Cataclysm. Sweet jesus. This does everything you could possibly want a card to do. You keep Uril + evasive aura + land + artifact mana. Opponents keep one irrelevant fatty and 1-3 other irrelevant cards. Game over. Razia's Purification is similarly brutal. You can also use Austere Command to wipe away small utility creatures and artifacts while leaving Uril and his aura untouched. Precision is key!

So with that gameplan in mind, I'm looking for tools to fine tune the deck. Here's what I've got so far.

//Commander
Uril, the Miststalker

//Totem Armor: 6
Hyena Umbra
Spider Umbra
Eland Umbra
Boar Umbra
Snake Umbra
Bear Umbra

//Other Auras: 10
Rancor
Madcap Skills