Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1369

Thread: [Deck] 8Tezz.dec - UB Tezzeret

Re: [Deck] 8Tezz.dec - UB Tezzeret

Quote Originally Posted by kingtk3 View Post
    Nice reading, thank you.

You listed 58 cards, maybe you forgot 2 lands? Playing the full set of Diamonds with only 20 lands seems too inefficient, moreover you play many colorless lands which can be an issue if you don't find or can't play your mana stones.

Moving on the spells, I see the appeal of Liquimetal coating with Dack and Daretti, but I found it pretty luckster: this deck is full of air and I don't like adding another do_nothing_spell_unless_I_have_something_else (like swords and thopters). Did you ever draw it in the wrong moment?

Only 3 baleful strix harm my heart... I'd sooner play 3 Tezz AoB then 3 strix.

For the rest seems a pretty stock list: I still can't find myself playing Fow with such a low Blu pitch count, especially since basically all you would pitch are your business spell and you'll be left with mana stones and maybe a chalice after. But FoW is present in many succesful lists, so it has its merits.

PS: with your mana base, assuming you'r playing 22 lands, I'd switch a Mox for an Izzet signet, in order to have another source of red mana which is not card disadvantage ;)
    Thank you for your feedback! your points are valid, and I'll consider them for updates to the list. I did miss 2 flooded strand in this list.
    The Baleful Strix cut was actually something we did in order to make room for the 4th tezz and third signet. We had a padeem mainboard and cut that as well. We wanted to get the card selection going on T2 as much as possible.
    For liquimetal, yes we saw it at times we didnt need it, or didnt have dack or daretti (make your land an artifact and kill it), but with all of the card selection in the deck it wasn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kingtk3 View Post
    That can make sense. Lately I found myself thinking about adding KCommand and/or Abrade and/or Collective brutality to the deck too (not sure if in the main or in the side), but I didn't find space. I wasn't thinking about Liquimetal coating, just about how good those cards are by themselves, just to be clear :)

How are you thinking to integrate those cards in the deck.

For reference, my last played list is

4 chalice of the void
    3 ensnaring bridge
    2 sword of the meek
    3 thopter foundry
    3 dimir signet
    3 Mox Diamond
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Search for Azcanta
    2 transmute artifact
    2 Toxic Deluge
    4 baleful strix
    3 Dack fayden
    2 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
    3 tezzeret, agent of bolas
    1 Tezzeret the seeker
    3 underground sea
    2 Badland
    2 volcanic island
    2 island
    1 swamp
    4 polluted delta
    1 Scalding tarn
    1 bloodstained mire
    4 ancient tomb
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 academy ruins
    1 city of traitors

SIDE
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 chains of mephistopheles
    2 slaughter games
    2 Sorcerous spyglass
    1 Nether Void
    1 The Abyss
    1 Engineered plague
    2 blood moon
    Wow this list looks great! how has search for azcanta performed for you, and what are you typically bringing slaughter games in for?

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Hi, all. I am a longtime legacy player, although i usually play MUD or gb pox depths. I tried out tezzerator for 2 weeks, and it was a bunch of fun. I did have a question for you longtime players. Whay dont any lists i fond onlibe run either impulse or intuition. They both seem like they would be good. I tried it out with intuition, and it ran super smoothly. Here was the list i ran to two 3.0.1 weeks. Draws were intentional.

Deck: Legacy Tezzerator 5-23-18.dec

Counts : 60 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:5
    1 Walking Ballista
    4 Baleful Strix

Spells:33
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Mox Diamond
    1 Mox Opal
    1 Chains of Mephistopheles
    2 Dimir Signet
    3 Impulse
    1 Sword of the Meek
    2 Thopter Foundry
    2 Transmute Artifact
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    3 Dack Fayden
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Toxic Deluge
    4 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    3 Force of Will

Lands:22
    1 Academy Ruins
    3 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    1 Inventors' Fair
    2 Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Scalding Tarn
    1 Seat of the Synod
    1 Swamp
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Wasteland

Sideboard:15
    2 Lodestone Golem
    1 Padeem, Consul of Innovation
    1 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Helm of Obedience
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Mindbreak Trap
    1 The Abyss
    1 Force of Will
    1 Misdirection

Considered trickbind, but fought the urge.
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

As promised, I kept better notes this GP and have a report of my time in Toronto.

TLDR: I didn't do very well, but had a ton of fun

4 Baleful Strix
    1 Walking Ballista
    3 Mox Diamond
    3 Dimir Signet
    3 Thopter Foundry
    2 Sword of the Meek
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Tezzeret the Seeker
    3 Dack Fayden
    4 Force of Will
    2 Transmute Artifact
    1 Toxic Deluge
    3 Island
    1 Swamp
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Volcanic Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Flooded Strand
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    1 Seat of the Synod
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 Academy Ruins

4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 The Abyss
    2 Walking Ballista
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Lodestone Golem
    1 Toxic Deluge

After each description, I'll report my personal record, rather than my team's.

Round 1: Lands

G1: Turns 1 and 2 consisted of chalice on 1 and 2, followed shortly by a Tezz to start the chalice beats.
    G2: Kept a slow hand, lost to a turbo-depths style opening.
    The other two members of my team lost their matches while we were in Game 3, and my opponent didn't wanted to finish the match. I had a leyline of the void so when I got to Helm I'd probably win, but I guess we'll never know.
    0-0

Round 2: Lands

G1: Kept a bad hand (this turned out to be a theme throughout the day, maybe I should mulligan more?) and lost to a fast Marit Lage.
    G2: This was one of the most fun games I have ever played with this deck! I got all 3 planeswalkers out at the same time, in a great position to win the game next turn, but forgot to cast the ensnaring bridge in my hand, and died before I could get that next turn to Marit Lage. Oh well.

0-1

Round 3: Slivers(!)

G1: My mana was bad, his Aether Vial let him get a fast start and whomped me.
    G2: I assembled a very quick Thopter Sword and won from there.
    G3: I got down to 5 life before I could find a Toxic Deluge to clear up the board, and had a 1 turn window to dodge Crystalline Sliver before I could land The Abyss and Chalice on 2. Opponent conceded after I got the lock.

1-1

Round 4: Sneak and Show

G1: Opponent's turn 2 show lets me drop my bridge to his Emrakul, and with no MD ways to get rid of it, he conceded.
    G2: Lost to a Through the Breach'd Emrakul to clear up my Baleful Strix (and the rest of my permanents) I kept back to block.
    G3: Kept a slow hand, lost to a quick Sneak Attack into Emrakul

1-2

Round 5: No show
    We're in that part of the bracket now, boys!

Round 6: Lands

G1: I had lots of lock pieces and redundancies and opponent had enough after a bit.
    G2: Slow hand, lost to a quick tireless tracker
    G3: Double Leyline into Helm activation snatched a victory

2-2

Round 7: Nic Fit

G1: Maindeck Abrupt Decay really sucks, and I lost to a flurry of standard playable beaters.
    G2: Lodestone Golem was not enough to protect me this time, and I quickly ran out of pressure while opponent assembled a fearsome force.

2-3

Round 8: Czech Pile

G1: He Forced my first chalice, but my second one stuck and let me Thopter Sword to a loooong victory.
    G2: Very close to dying to DRS eating my spells, but with just enough life, I transmuted into Helm for the helm kill.

3-3

If you saw me on Day 1, I had a mask on so I wouldn't cough on anyone. I am still getting over being sick for a while, but that day it was particularly bad.

Overall, I had a ton of fun playing the deck, but I'm not sure the meta is in the right place for it anymore. The blue decks are adapting to Chalice of the Void decks, and even with its resiliency, I'm not sure Tezz is at its best here. That's not going to stop me from jamming it every chance I get, but that's my opinion on where it stands in the meta.

Also I know a couple of people recognized me and said Hi, so I'm sorry if I didn't recognize you as well, but it made me feel funny for my sliver of internet-fame :)

Quote Originally Posted by Peebs View Post
    As promised, I kept better notes this GP and have a report of my time in Toronto.

TLDR: I didn't do very well, but had a ton of fun

4 Baleful Strix
    1 Walking Ballista
    3 Mox Diamond
    3 Dimir Signet
    3 Thopter Foundry
    2 Sword of the Meek
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Tezzeret the Seeker
    3 Dack Fayden
    4 Force of Will
    2 Transmute Artifact
    1 Toxic Deluge
    3 Island
    1 Swamp
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Volcanic Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Flooded Strand
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    1 Seat of the Synod
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 Academy Ruins

4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 The Abyss
    2 Walking Ballista
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Lodestone Golem
    1 Toxic Deluge

After each description, I'll report my personal record, rather than my team's.

Round 1: Lands

G1: Turns 1 and 2 consisted of chalice on 1 and 2, followed shortly by a Tezz to start the chalice beats.
    G2: Kept a slow hand, lost to a turbo-depths style opening.
    The other two members of my team lost their matches while we were in Game 3, and my opponent didn't wanted to finish the match. I had a leyline of the void so when I got to Helm I'd probably win, but I guess we'll never know.
    0-0

Round 2: Lands

G1: Kept a bad hand (this turned out to be a theme throughout the day, maybe I should mulligan more?) and lost to a fast Marit Lage.
    G2: This was one of the most fun games I have ever played with this deck! I got all 3 planeswalkers out at the same time, in a great position to win the game next turn, but forgot to cast the ensnaring bridge in my hand, and died before I could get that next turn to Marit Lage. Oh well.

0-1

Round 3: Slivers(!)

G1: My mana was bad, his Aether Vial let him get a fast start and whomped me.
    G2: I assembled a very quick Thopter Sword and won from there.
    G3: I got down to 5 life before I could find a Toxic Deluge to clear up the board, and had a 1 turn window to dodge Crystalline Sliver before I could land The Abyss and Chalice on 2. Opponent conceded after I got the lock.

1-1

Round 4: Sneak and Show

G1: Opponent's turn 2 show lets me drop my bridge to his Emrakul, and with no MD ways to get rid of it, he conceded.
    G2: Lost to a Through the Breach'd Emrakul to clear up my Baleful Strix (and the rest of my permanents) I kept back to block.
    G3: Kept a slow hand, lost to a quick Sneak Attack into Emrakul

1-2

Round 5: No show
    We're in that part of the bracket now, boys!

Round 6: Lands

G1: I had lots of lock pieces and redundancies and opponent had enough after a bit.
    G2: Slow hand, lost to a quick tireless tracker
    G3: Double Leyline into Helm activation snatched a victory

2-2

Round 7: Nic Fit

G1: Maindeck Abrupt Decay really sucks, and I lost to a flurry of standard playable beaters.
    G2: Lodestone Golem was not enough to protect me this time, and I quickly ran out of pressure while opponent assembled a fearsome force.

2-3

Round 8: Czech Pile

G1: He Forced my first chalice, but my second one stuck and let me Thopter Sword to a loooong victory.
    G2: Very close to dying to DRS eating my spells, but with just enough life, I transmuted into Helm for the helm kill.

3-3

If you saw me on Day 1, I had a mask on so I wouldn't cough on anyone. I am still getting over being sick for a while, but that day it was particularly bad.

Overall, I had a ton of fun playing the deck, but I'm not sure the meta is in the right place for it anymore. The blue decks are adapting to Chalice of the Void decks, and even with its resiliency, I'm not sure Tezz is at its best here. That's not going to stop me from jamming it every chance I get, but that's my opinion on where it stands in the meta.

Also I know a couple of people recognized me and said Hi, so I'm sorry if I didn't recognize you as well, but it made me feel funny for my sliver of internet-fame :)

Thanks for the details on your matches, it was nice to meet you at the event! I have no internet or mtg fame (other than winning states once) so i totally didnt expect that you'd know who i was. i knew you because some of your teammates are friends with my mtg judge friends edgar and matt down here at tj's where we play. By the way, i found a really fun whir list for legacy! painters servant with lots of basics and mainboard back to basics kicked my butt the other night!

i've been playing the following list for a couple of weeks now and i had some good results with it.
    3-1 and a 4-0 in our weekly legacy tournament.

THE RETURN OF THE GRID!

// Grixis_Tezzeret

// 60 Maindeck
    // 18 Artifact
    3 Dimir Signet
    3 Thopter Foundry
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Sword of the Meek
    2 Mox Diamond
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass

// 5 Creature
    4 Baleful Strix
    1 Walking Ballista

// 1 Enchantment
    1 Ghirapur Aether Grid

// 5 Instant
    4 Force of Will
    1 Fire // Ice

// 22 Land
    3 Island
    1 Swamp
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    1 Academy Ruins
    1 Scalding Tarn
    1 City of Traitors
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 Flooded Strand
    1 Vault of Whispers

// 6 Planeswalker
    3 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    3 Dack Fayden

// 3 Sorcery
    2 Transmute Artifact
    1 Toxic Deluge

// 15 Sideboard
    // 7 Artifact
    SB: 2 Trinisphere
    SB: 1 Engineered Explosives
    SB: 1 Ensnaring Bridge
    SB: 1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    SB: 2 Tormod's Crypt

// 3 Creature
    SB: 2 Thought-knot Seer
    SB: 1 Spellskite

// 2 Enchantment
    SB: 2 Blood Moon

// 1 Instant
    SB: 1 Kozilek's Return

// 1 Planeswalker
    SB: 1 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast

// 1 Sorcery
    SB: 1 Toxic Deluge

===================================================
    My main approach was to reduce the number of empty/bad top decks and still keep up the core of the deck.

Card Choices and Numbers:

3x Signets
    2x Mox Diamonds
    - just 2 Mox Diamonds worked quite well for me, don't need them when the game goes longer, which it normally does. signets are more important, because they can be transmuted easier

1x Ghirapur Aethergrid
    - it has been gone from recent Tezzeret Lists for awhile. i figured with so many X/1's in the format right now, this card could be good again.
    and i have to say: this enchantment has been great so far. In longer games this card becomes a true threat, while hiding behind a bridge. in combination with thopter sword: 1 mana -> 1 thopter -> 1 life -> 1 damage to any target. Walking Ballista + Grid is also a nice combination.

1x Fire//Ice
    - the flex spot. this card is never dead. it deals with cards like Mom, DRS, Delver, Elves, Thalia....pretty nicely.

3x Islands
    - very important to get at least 2-3 blue sources out, that can't be wastelanded or blood moon'd

1x Vault of Whispers
    - one more artifact for the Grid

2x Thought-Knot Seer (Sideboard)
    - my replacement for the lodestone golems. getting rid of a key card, i found, was more important and it can't be bolted.

1x Spellskite (Sideboard)
    - protection against Decays, Burn, K-Commands, Echoing Truths.......

2x Blood Moon (Sideboard)
    - they don't see it coming. won me a lot of games!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellraiser157 View Post
    i've been playing the following list for a couple of weeks now and i had some good results with it.
    3-1 and a 4-0 in our weekly legacy tournament.

THE RETURN OF THE GRID!

// Grixis_Tezzeret

// 60 Maindeck
    // 18 Artifact
    3 Dimir Signet
    3 Thopter Foundry
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Sword of the Meek
    2 Mox Diamond
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass

// 5 Creature
    4 Baleful Strix
    1 Walking Ballista

// 1 Enchantment
    1 Ghirapur Aether Grid

// 5 Instant
    4 Force of Will
    1 Fire // Ice

// 22 Land
    3 Island
    1 Swamp
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    1 Academy Ruins
    1 Scalding Tarn
    1 City of Traitors
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 Flooded Strand
    1 Vault of Whispers

// 6 Planeswalker
    3 Dack Fayden

// 3 Sorcery
    2 Transmute Artifact
    1 Toxic Deluge

// 15 Sideboard
    // 7 Artifact
    SB: 2 Trinisphere
    SB: 1 Engineered Explosives
    SB: 1 Ensnaring Bridge
    SB: 1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    SB: 2 Tormod's Crypt

// 3 Creature
    SB: 2 Thought-knot Seer
    SB: 1 Spellskite

// 2 Enchantment
    SB: 2 Blood Moon

// 1 Instant
    SB: 1 Kozilek's Return

// 1 Planeswalker
    SB: 1 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast

// 1 Sorcery
    SB: 1 Toxic Deluge

===================================================
    My main approach was to reduce the number of empty/bad top decks and still keep up the core of the deck.

Card Choices and Numbers:

3x Signets
    2x Mox Diamonds
    - just 2 Mox Diamonds worked quite well for me, don't need them when the game goes longer, which it normally does. signets are more important, because they can be transmuted easier

1x Ghirapur Aethergrid
    - it has been gone from recent Tezzeret Lists for awhile. i figured with so many X/1's in the format right now, this card could be good again.
    and i have to say: this enchantment has been great so far. In longer games this card becomes a true threat, while hiding behind a bridge. in combination with thopter sword: 1 mana -> 1 thopter -> 1 life -> 1 damage to any target. Walking Ballista + Grid is also a nice combination.

1x Fire//Ice
    - the flex spot. this card is never dead. it deals with cards like Mom, DRS, Delver, Elves, Thalia....pretty nicely.

3x Islands
    - very important to get at least 2-3 blue sources out, that can't be wastelanded or blood moon'd

1x Vault of Whispers
    - one more artifact for the Grid

2x Thought-Knot Seer (Sideboard)
    - my replacement for the lodestone golems. getting rid of a key card, i found, was more important and it can't be bolted.

1x Spellskite (Sideboard)
    - protection against Decays, Burn, K-Commands, Echoing Truths.......

2x Blood Moon (Sideboard)
    - they don't see it coming. won me a lot of games!
    Looks Great! I'll take this version for a spin next FNM

Nice. Let us know how it went. :)

Hey chums,

Been playing the below list for a couple months now (tweaks here and there of course):

4 Baleful Strix
    1 Liquimetal Coating

3 Dack Fayden
    1 Karn, Scion of Urza

3 Thopter Foundry
    2 Sword of the Meek

4 Mox Diamond
    2 Dimir Signet

4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Engineered Explosives

4 Force of Will
    2 Transmute Artifact
    1 Toxic Deluge

4 Polluted Delta
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    3 Island
    1 Swamp
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 Academy Ruins
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors

SB
    1 The Abyss
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Spellskite
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Walking Ballista
    1 Lodestone Golem
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Blood Moon
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Helm of Obedience

Having great results against almost every deck EXCEPT your favorite and mine, Grixis Delver. I don't know what my win % is against it but it's abysmal. Force Daze Pierce attack for 3.

Looking for help on solving the matchup, especially sideboard plans. What's the best way to go?

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

I haven't really posted here in a bit, but I played a local 74-man 10k/Eternal Weekend trial to a 5-2 finish, good for 10th place and a Badlands. I played this, which isn't terribly different from what I've been playing for a long time with the exception of the Badlands, which has been awesome so far.

Code:
    4 Baleful Strix

2 Transmute Artifact
    3 Force of Will

4 Thopter Foundry
    3 Sword of the Meek
    1 Engineered Explosives
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Chalice of the Void

4 Dack Fayden
    2 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    2 Search for Azcanta

4 Mox Diamond
    2 Dimir Signet

1 Academy Ruins
    4 Ancient Tomb
    1 Badlands
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    1 City of Traitors
    1 Dust Bowl
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Swamp
    3 Underground Sea
    3 Volcanic Island

Sideboard:
    1 Force of Will
    1 Helm of Obedience
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Lodestone Golem
    2 The Abyss
    2 Toxic Deluge
    R1: Death & Taxes (2-0)
    R2: Death & Taxes (2-0)
    R3: Junk Lands (2-0)
    R4: Nyx Fit (1-2) [It's so hard to interact with this deck on an effective level outside of LotV/FoW]
    R5: Miracles (1-2) [Mostly lost this one due to tilt misplays from the grindy loss against the Nic Fit deck.]
    R6: Miracles (2-0)
    R7: Miracles (2-1)

I think I could have probably top 8'd the tournament if it weren't for the Nyx Fit matchup, but since that went so long and I was so tilted by the end of it (mulliganed a bunch and my draws were awful), I wasn't in the right mindset for the next match that kicked me out of contention. Deck's still great though, and with the banning of DRS I only see it getting better.
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by steelydanno View Post
    Having great results against almost every deck EXCEPT your favorite and mine, Grixis Delver. I don't know what my win % is against it but it's abysmal. Force Daze Pierce attack for 3.

Looking for help on solving the matchup, especially sideboard plans. What's the best way to go?
    Boy do I have some good news for you!

Seriously though, here's to hoping DRS getting the axe reduces the amount of K Command out there. Can't imagine too many people are gonna be pumped to play Grixis Snapcaster Control without DRS.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

BOY HOWDY.

Guess it's time for Find/Replace "Goblins"

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeron View Post
    Boy do I have some good news for you!

Seriously though, here's to hoping DRS getting the axe reduces the amount of K Command out there. Can't imagine too many people are gonna be pumped to play Grixis Snapcaster Control without DRS.

Quote Originally Posted by steelydanno View Post
    BOY HOWDY.

Guess it's time for Find/Replace "Goblins"
    Haha I actually played against goblins at my weekly last Wednesday. Matchup felt pretty good, just watch out for Goblin Sharpshooter. As long as they don't have that, Thopter Sword can overpower them pretty easily. Just load up on Deluge/Whipflare and you'll be fine.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Nov 2016
    Kansas

Walking Ballista is also great against Goblins. I'd never run a 75 without at least one copy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    ╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Repost this if~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~you are a beautiful strong tezz player~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~who don't need no tier 1 deck~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Wow, that’s a great call.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Walking Ballista is also great against Goblins. I'd never run a 75 without at least one copy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hello Folks!
    Any thoughts on the new meta and decklist changes for worcester?
    For me, Misdirect is almost better than force of will. I'm running two in the side and it's been keeping the abrupt decays and force of will's in check.
    Daze and spell pierce from RUG has been a pain in the ass, and the miracles list running Teferi has been really obnoxious, if they know what cards can't resolve they let everything else that doesn't matter thru.
    BUT the leyline helm in the board have been amazing!
    I've gotten a second chains because that card is amazing right now.
    Bridge has been great and i've not run up against k-command at all, just counter magic.
    Any suggestions to help get more of our spells to resolve? red ele blast or pyroblast? Running my own forces only seems to helps vs combo decks, so its a game 1 necessity, but i'm often just boarding them out if their deck isnt practicing a T2/T3 kill.

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Congrats to Jake Farrar for his finish at the open this weekend.

http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/122353
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Undomian View Post
    Congrats to Jake Farrar for his finish at the open this weekend.

http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/122353
    Congrats Jake!

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by nfurno View Post
    Hello Folks!
    Any thoughts on the new meta and decklist changes for worcester?
    Why, yes, now that you mention it...

For me, Misdirect is almost better than force of will. I'm running two in the side and it's been keeping the abrupt decays and force of will's in check.
    I don't know if 'better' is the right word, but it's damn good. I've had 2x in the SB for a long time, and it serves double duty as FoW 5-6 and for pointing sticky spells elsewhere (Hymn, Decay, what have you.)

Daze and spell pierce from RUG has been a pain in the ass, and the miracles list running Teferi has been really obnoxious, if they know what cards can't resolve they let everything else that doesn't matter thru.
    This has always been my argument for playing UB, since you can afford to take a turn or 2 to set up mana and play around Daze/Pierce. Unless RUG has an actual clock on board, you don't *have* to do anything, and since most of their permission is Cost-based, you can plan accordingly.

BUT the leyline helm in the board have been amazing!
    I've gotten a second chains because that card is amazing right now.
    Bridge has been great and i've not run up against k-command at all, just counter magic.
    Anytime the format shifts to more graveyard-centric strategies, I think Leyline/Helm is justifiable. I think Chains is cute, but honestly, it's a Luxury card even disregarding availability. And yeah, I'm at 3 Bridges between the main and the SB now.

Any suggestions to help get more of our spells to resolve? red ele blast or pyroblast? Running my own forces only seems to helps vs combo decks, so its a game 1 necessity, but i'm often just boarding them out if their deck isnt practicing a T2/T3 kill.
    Again, getting key spells to resolve in the current meta is a function of playing around soft permission. If you're taking out FoWs, you should be bringing in Cards that are as impactful if they resolve as the spells you would be Forcing through. UBr is way more mana-tight that UB, but you should always at least consider how to play around Daze even if you can't beat Pierce. I'm even beginning to wonder if it might be worth playing Defense Grids if your control matchup is so poor - I've traditionally felt that the Control Matchup is one of the strengths of the archetype.

-----

As for general thoughts, I think that the DRS banning is indirectly good for Tezz (and Chalice strategies in general) because not having perfect fixing/acceleration incentives stricter manabases, and tighter mana means Stifle is good, and if Stifle is good, Delver decks will trend towards a lower curve, and lower curves run harder into CotV. I played T8 QF against Grixis with Bomat Couriers this weekend (I was playing SnS in a local 32 man cash tourney) and I was surprised at how much less scary that list feels from a Tezz perspective. My only concerns would be that I'm not sure you can afford to play most games now without a clear line, so mulligans become more sensitive.
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellomdian View Post
    Again, getting key spells to resolve in the current meta is a function of playing around soft permission. If you're taking out FoWs, you should be bringing in Cards that are as impactful if they resolve as the spells you would be Forcing through. UBr is way more mana-tight that UB, but you should always at least consider how to play around Daze even if you can't beat Pierce. I'm even beginning to wonder if it might be worth playing Defense Grids if your control matchup is so poor - I've traditionally felt that the Control Matchup is one of the strengths of the archetype.
    Thanks for your advice! I was wondering if you knew of any good starting points for a strait up blue black list could be found online?

Thread Information