Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1369

Thread: [Deck] 8Tezz.dec - UB Tezzeret

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

Re: [Deck] 8Tezz.dec - UB Tezzeret

Quote Originally Posted by NickDoom View Post
    I don't have transmute artifact but i use 2 whir of invention. UB is good or try UBr version with dack fayden
    I'd have to assume that the UBr version is going to be more powerful with Whir - the UB version doesn't have nearly as many cheap artifacts (ahem, Mox Diamond...) sitting around.
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellomdian View Post
    I'd have to assume that the UBr version is going to be more powerful with Whir - the UB version doesn't have nearly as many cheap artifacts (ahem, Mox Diamond...) sitting around.
    i have mox diamond... in the last week i bought dack fayden and some stuff but de transmute is very expensive

Feb 2016
    New England region USA

Hello All!

I am rather new to the deck and playing something incredibly similar to the above list, but I am reaching out to ask if anybody with experience on the deck could possibly give some tips for general sideboarding? Specifically for some of the cards here but mainly for what you are aiming to trim. I saw a post on reddit a few months back that kind of gave loose advice of trim chalice versus chalice and force versus control decks, but I am unsure if that rings true and what else I could expect to trim during certain matchups.

Any and all advice you are willing to give will go a long way! Thank you all so much in advance!
    Belcher Aficionado. Lover of Burning Wish.
    Decks I Play/Pimped:
    Experimental Doomsday
    Bizarro Stormy
    TES
    ScapeWish
    UBr Tezzerator/Painter brews

Hello and welcome!

As you've probably already experienced, knowing when your Chalices are dead is a critical part of playing the deck; it's often the first card to come out in the matches where it's not needed. Beyond that, I'll trim a Signet, Deluge, some Thopter Sword pieces, Forces, and sometimes Dack(s) to make room for more impactful SB cards.

Remember that Chalice is your trigger to remember, and sometimes with a very cluttered battlefield it can be easy to forget that it's there. Also, make sure you don't have both Padeem and The Abyss on the battlefield at the same time!

Nov 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by UnOrthodox Bird View Post
    Hello All!

I am rather new to the deck and playing something incredibly similar to the above list, but I am reaching out to ask if anybody with experience on the deck could possibly give some tips for general sideboarding? Specifically for some of the cards here but mainly for what you are aiming to trim. I saw a post on reddit a few months back that kind of gave loose advice of trim chalice versus chalice and force versus control decks, but I am unsure if that rings true and what else I could expect to trim during certain matchups.

Any and all advice you are willing to give will go a long way! Thank you all so much in advance!
    Hi! There's better players than me, but since you quoted my post, I'll try to recall my sideboarding decisions from that time (haven't played magic since), hope that helps. I usually sideboard ad hoc, without side-in and side-out slots written down by matchup.

Control (UW): side-out removal/sweepers, 1-2 strixen, bridges. It's unlikely they'll keep the swords in, which is a good reason to side-in TKS and Padeem along with Chains and Karn. Add a Spellskite if you want an extra body and protection for important permanents. Because there's not enough to side out, I prefer to keep some Forces.
    Control (Grixis): pretty much the same as above.

Combo (graveyard): side-out ballista, grid, probably explosives, search, 1-2 planeswalkers; in go the leylines and whatever disruption looks best.

Combo (other): again, removal/sweepers are less necessary, and you can add TKS, Unmoored Ego and Chains, or Blood Moon vs land-based combo. There's not too much disruption in this build, and the deck is obviously not as consistent as xerox decks, so given enough time, they'll combo you out. With that in mind, you can add leyline-helm combo and try to get lucky. Use your judgment on that one.

Chalice decks: drop chalices for sure; ballista, grid and maybe explosives vs big eldrazi, add disruption. The Abyss shines vs eldrazi.

Aggro: trim Azcanta, spyglass (if you expect no meaningful targets), some forces and walkers, add plague, abyss and TKS/Karn.

This is a bit messy, but in general I'm reluctant to drop all forces (except matchups like D&T where it's atrocious), I keep some Strixen as cantrip/wall/pitch to transmute, cut some of the thopter-sword combo if I expect graveyard hate, hardly ever cut mana sources, and try to switch gears post board if I know that opponent is not expecting this.

Edit: @Peebs is right; also, having Padeem and Chains on board is also very awkward.

Feb 2016
    New England region USA

Sounds good! Thank you all so much! This deck is very out of my usual fashion (I play a lot of Doomsday/Bizarro Stormy and, more recently, 4c Phoenix), but it has always been something I thought was super rad. Got my last few cards in the mail recently and am excited to take them for a spin soon!
    Belcher Aficionado. Lover of Burning Wish.
    Decks I Play/Pimped:
    Experimental Doomsday
    Bizarro Stormy
    TES
    ScapeWish
    UBr Tezzerator/Painter brews

The newest addition to the deck...

IMO 6 mana is too much for this
    The plus ability is nice but if you plus twice it does the same amount of lifeloss as one AOB plus and then next turn ulting it.
    The -3 isn't very good and the ult is irrelevant because you should have already won after plussing it twice (it's also not even very good because it can't hit any of your other Tez/Karn or Antiquities War)
    I think this Tezzeret is worse than both AOB and Artifice Master

The new Karn on the other hand might actually be playable
    Karn, the Great Creator {4}
    Activated abilities of artifacts your opponents control cannot be activated.
    +1: Until your next turn up to one target noncreature artifact becomes an artifact creature with power and toughness equal to its converted manacost
    -2: Choose an artifact card that you own in exile or outside the game, reveal it and add it to your hand

Unfortunately the +1 is worse at attacking than both Tez AOB (always make the artifact 5/5) or Karn Scion (make X/X construct token). It's nice that it kills LED/Mox but those cards are already disabled by the passive effect.
    The wish effect might be really good though. You can add bullets like Bridge, Trinisphere, a value/wincondition type of card (e.g. Staff of Nin). Someone on discord even suggested Mycosynth Lattice which combines with the Null Rod passive to basically be an I-win button. If you are playing Thopter/Sword it can help you to assemble that combo. (You can even play the combo only in the sideboard and you get both pieces by using -2 twice).

You can also get e.g. Painter Grindstone combo this way but that would better as its own deck obviously because you can't cast Grindstone through your own Chalice on 1

I had actually just come to the thread to talk about the new Karn!

Wishing for silver bullets seems like an effect worth considering, although since Karn doesn't have a whole lot of utility outside of that, I don't know how worthwhile it will be to have him take up a slot in the deck. Animating a random Signet or something isn't really worth running a 4-mana planeswalker for, so his one-sided Null Rod passive and his Wish ability will have to be exceptionally relevant to warrant inclusion.

If this card was any better, I would probably be worried about running into it in tournament, given how vulnerable the deck is to Null Rod.

I also agree on all fronts about Tezzeret; he's too expensive, his passive is mostly irrelevant (unless you wanna cast 0-mana Karns or something, but then you could have had Karn in play for several turns by the time you could play Tezzeret), and his -3 and ultimate aren't worth it. Half of an Agent of Bolas ultimate on a +2 and getting discounts on future planeswalkers seem sweet, but ultimately not good enough to justify running this guy.

Are Karn, Scion of Urza, Padeem, and The Antiquities War being played with decent success?
    Last edited by Foamy; 04-02-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Thinking about the new Karn, if it's play pattern is mostly going to be the following:

Turn 1: Put a card into your hand
    Turn 2: Win the game if your Karn is still alive

Is it just a worse version of Tez AOB in this deck? The play pattern is basically the same, in most matchups Karn's Null Rod ability doesn't do anything by itself and Karn's loyalty abilities are arguably worse than Tezzerets.
    Creator -2 can be better than Tezzeret +1 look at top 5, but it does affect your sideboard construction in a pretty awkward way I think

Edit:
    Thinking about the new Karn, if it's play pattern is mostly going to be the following:

Turn 1: Put a card into your hand
    Turn 2: Win the game if your Karn is still alive

Is it just a worse version of Tez AOB in this deck? The play pattern is basically the same, in most matchups Karn's Null Rod ability doesn't do anything by itself and Karn's loyalty abilities are arguably worse than Tezzerets.
    Creator -2 can be better than Tezzeret +1 look at top 5, but it does affect your sideboard construction in a pretty awkward way I think.

Edit:

The list that I'm working with would be something like the following:

4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Vault of Whispers
    4 Darksteel Citadel
    4 Ancient Tomb
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 Academy Ruins
    2 Island (or 1 island 1 Glimmervoid split, etc)
    4 Mox Opal
    4 Dimir Signet
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Force of Will
    4 Thoughtcast
    4 Baleful Strix
    4 The Antiquities War

The above 48 cards feel pretty core to the deck. Then I think you want at least 2 Ensnaring Bridge. 1 EE Also seems like a slot that has a pretty high upside.

Some extra 0-drop artifacts can also help with activating Metalcraft on turn 1 and ramping affinity into Thoughtcast (e.g. Mox, Vault, WeldingJar/Bauble -> Chalice). Serum Powder is another possible option as this kind of 'consistency tool'. Maybe you're supposed to just play Lotus Petal.

I have liked Etherium Astrolabe as a fun-of (some people have also tried Artificier's Intuition in this "slot" that lets you cycle redundant chalices or moxes but I like the Astrolabe because it has slightly better synergy with Ensnaring Bridge, AWar, and Karn SOU). I feel like this effect is more necessary than it might appear because you have 20 lands but 28 mana sources and you can flood if the opponent is interacting with you.

Then in the remaining slots it seems like the choice is between Walking Ballista, the various Karns/Tezzerets, and Sai Master Thopterist.

So as a starting point, only to get an idea of how strong the different cards are, I would begin by testing the following insipid mess:

2 Bridge
    1 EE
    1 Astrolabe
    1 Sai
    1 Ballista
    1 Lotus Petal
    1 Welding Jar
    1 Karn Scion of Urza
    2 Tyler the Creator
    1 Tezzeret Agent of Bolas

I would try to keep in mind whether these 0 drops are worse than baubles or how to possibly incorporate serum powders.

I think the sideboard looks something like:
    KARN PACK:
    1 Staff of Nin or other value bomb (Trading Post or something? Mindslaver would be funny but probably too narrow/slow)
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Artifact Ramp (Likely there will be times where you have only 4 mana for Karn and need a boost to get up to 6 mana for ending the game with Mycosynth Lattice on the following turn, so you want access to a Grim Monolith or a KCI or possibly even a Lion's Eye Diamond, I'm not sure if there is any better card for this purpose. Too bad Karn is colorless so it doesn't work with Mox Amber. Maybe the answer is Thran Temporal Gateway, which takes an extra turn but makes the Lattice uncounterable)
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Ensnaring Bridge

Other possible considerations:
    Zuran Orb
    Jester's Cap
    Trinisphere
    Spellskite?
    1 Blue Artifact as a FoW Enabler (MINDLOCK ORB LOL)
    Defense Grid (Probably too slow)

Not sure what non-artifacts to put, but other lists commonly seem to play Deluge, Leyline, Flusterstorm, Padeem.
    The idea of using the new Karn with 3 Painter/Grindstone main and 1 of each in the board is also quite interesting but that belongs in a different thread because it's not a Chalice deck
    Last edited by kombatkiwi; 04-03-2019 at 12:40 PM.

So i'm a solidarity and painter player who realised that the painter build i'm going for looks suspiciously close to these tezzerator builds i've been seeing pottering around. Naturally, i figured i'd give the deck a spin.

I can also see that y'all tezzerator players are also experimenting with the new karn; it seems like it's really going to affect the meta pretty hard.

I've a few questions though. chalice is the main lock piece; but are there others that should be used? My mono blue painter list runs trinispheres, chalices and wasteland/crucible with 3 diamonds, 3 opals and 25 lands. The idea is to try to lock everything down as far as possible, then win with painter/stone (using tezz seeker, whir of invention to get the missing piece). Would something like that work in the tezzerator shell? The issue with that style of stompy i've seen is that it's very fragile in my meta, and it doesn't shut down opposing decks fast enough. Being more PW-centric and less creature-dependant means that it's less fragile, and i think the value they give would help in a longer game.

Also, is there a reason you don't run muddle the mixture? it finds both halves of the thopter/sword, and can also be used as a counter. Is it too slow/limiting?

I was trying to come up with a list for cockatrice before i commit to paper (i've been putting off geting transmute artefacts, but those seem very good!):

LANDS 25
    1 Academy Ruins
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    3 Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Seat of the Synod
    2 Swamp
    1 steam vents
    4 wasteland

CREATURES 5
    4 Baleful Strix
    1 Walking Ballista

SPELLS 7
    4 Force of Will
    1 Toxic Deluge
    2 Transmute Artifact

OTHER 23
    4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Dack Fayden
    3 Dimir Signet
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    4 Mox Diamond
    2 Sword of the Meek
    4 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    3 Thopter Foundry

It's been running alright, i think. I wanna find space for the antiquities war, and i've been wondering if i should pump up the number of dack faydon and a single liquimetal coating. I suspect liquimetal coating is just cute, but the thought of being able to steal an opposing jace seems fun. Also am considering trying to find space for some number of flusterstorm and maybe a trinisphere.

So far, the build above seems ok, but a tad too slow. the more 'stock' tezzerator lists I've seen are much quicker.
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Hi guys. Was brewing around with this archetype again. Went 2v2 at a local legacy event this past weekend. Lost a close 1-2 to eldrazi, and a less close 2.0 vs delver which was unfortunate, and beat a bye homebrew and miracles. Felt good minus the misplays. I based the deck off a mono blue antiquities war deck that seemed a bit budget that topped a 70 person event in Europe mixed with some classic tezz elements. What would you change for the current meta? I have a wide open meta usually, although I have 2 miracles players so there is that. Thanks!

Deck: Legacy Tezzerator 4-12-19.dec

Counts : 60 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:13
    3 Ornithopter
    3 Baleful Strix
    4 Vault Skirge
    2 Sai, Master Thopterist
    1 Padeem, Consul of Innovation

Artifacts:18
    3 Chalice of the Void
    2 Darksteel Citadel
    2 Engineered Explosives
    3 Mox Opal
    3 Seat of the Synod
    2 Cranial Plating
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Talisman of Dominance
    1 Ensnaring Bridge

Sorceries:6
    2 Transmute Artifact
    4 Thoughtcast

Instants:3
    3 Force of Will

Enchantments:2
    2 The Antiquities War

Others:4
    2 Karn, Scion of Urza
    2 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas

Lands:14
    1 Academy Ruins
    3 Ancient Tomb
    1 Blinkmoth Nexus
    1 City of Traitors
    1 Inkmoth Nexus
    2 Island
    2 Polluted Delta
    1 Swamp
    2 Underground Sea

Sideboard:15
    2 Faerie Macabre
    2 Lodestone Golem
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Toxic Deluge
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Force of Will
    2 Chains of Mephistopheles
    1 Engineered Plague
    1 The Abyss
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

Quote Originally Posted by malfie13 View Post
    Hi guys. Was brewing around with this archetype again. Went 2v2 at a local legacy event this past weekend. Lost a close 1-2 to eldrazi, and a less close 2.0 vs delver which was unfortunate, and beat a bye homebrew and miracles. Felt good minus the misplays. I based the deck off a mono blue antiquities war deck that seemed a bit budget that topped a 70 person event in Europe mixed with some classic tezz elements. What would you change for the current meta? I have a wide open meta usually, although I have 2 miracles players so there is that. Thanks!

3 Ornithopter
    3 Baleful Strix
    4 Vault Skirge
    2 Sai, Master Thopterist

3 Chalice of the Void
    2 Darksteel Citadel
    2 Engineered Explosives
    3 Mox Opal
    3 Seat of the Synod
    2 Cranial Plating
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Talisman of Dominance
    1 Ensnaring Bridge

2 Transmute Artifact
    4 Thoughtcast

3 Force of Will

2 The Antiquities War

2 Karn, Scion of Urza

1 Academy Ruins
    3 Ancient Tomb
    1 Blinkmoth Nexus
    1 City of Traitors
    1 Inkmoth Nexus
    2 Island
    2 Polluted Delta
    1 Swamp
    2 Underground Sea

2 Faerie Macabre
    2 Lodestone Golem
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Toxic Deluge
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Force of Will
    1 Engineered Plague
    1 The Abyss
    2 chains and an abyss!
    I've some questions actually, 1 blinkmoth and 1 inkmoth? is there a way for you to do a poison kill at some point? or was it just because you couldn't find extra copies of them for your list?

I'd question your 3-of chalice of the void. against some decks, it's almost a free win. having only 3 means that you're lowering the chances of actually winning for free. Overall though, I'm liking how this looks. Im trying to get myself into tezzerator too, since I feel like painter is sort of what i'm looking for, but i like the idea of being even more control that what it lets me be. Is there a reason you have a 2/2 split between tez and urza? I imagine that tezzeret is a house, and can close games out (depending on how full your board looks).

Also, that one force on the board. what's that for? if you need force, isn't it worth just having all 4 in MD anyways?
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

I've kind of fallen off of Magic for the past few months, but I'll be damned if this isn't exciting:

This thing has the potential to be a huge player in the format, I think. It is unfortunately very good against the builds of this deck that I like to play, but I can see a UB build with more high-drops (maybe even that new Karn!) and the inclusion of Crucible/Wasteland/this land being great.

In other spoilers, I could definitely see myself registering a copy of new Bolas in my SB for some laughs. It actually seems like it'd be okay in some grindy matchups, even if it does get blasted every possible way.
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Undomian View Post
    I've kind of fallen off of Magic for the past few months, but I'll be damned if this isn't exciting:

This thing has the potential to be a huge player in the format, I think. It is unfortunately very good against the builds of this deck that I like to play, but I can see a UB build with more high-drops (maybe even that new Karn!) and the inclusion of Crucible/Wasteland/this land being great.

In other spoilers, I could definitely see myself registering a copy of new Bolas in my SB for some laughs. It actually seems like it'd be okay in some grindy matchups, even if it does get blasted every possible way.
    What do you have that’s cmc=1? I thought tezzerator builds were basically devoid of anything cmc 1 cuz of chalice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Quote Originally Posted by schweinefettmann View Post
    2 chains and an abyss!
    I've some questions actually, 1 blinkmoth and 1 inkmoth? is there a way for you to do a poison kill at some point? or was it just because you couldn't find extra copies of them for your list?

I'd question your 3-of chalice of the void. against some decks, it's almost a free win. having only 3 means that you're lowering the chances of actually winning for free. Overall though, I'm liking how this looks. Im trying to get myself into tezzerator too, since I feel like painter is sort of what i'm looking for, but i like the idea of being even more control that what it lets me be. Is there a reason you have a 2/2 split between tez and urza? I imagine that tezzeret is a house, and can close games out (depending on how full your board looks).

Also, that one force on the board. what's that for? if you need force, isn't it worth just having all 4 in MD anyways?

Fair Question:

1) Yes. Cranial Plating plus inkmoth plus no actual answer is death. Becomes a must answer.

2) Chalice is a terrible topdeck. I did go up to 4, and tried it, but I really hate tding it. It's fine bc of Antiquities War and Tezz making it live, but other than a redundant chalce on 1 that may drain or swing it doesn't do anything else bc I can't chqalice on 2 or 0 without messing myself up. I also play MUD where 4 chalices is much better, bc I can chalice on 2 and zero with more imunity.

3) Tezz is so solid with Chains and Bridge. I have seen lists with no Tezzes for Antiquities War kills, only. I feel like it takes you off one avenue of victory an means you can more easilly die to other decks that you should be able to answer. Just my limited experience.

4) Force of Will is card disadvantage. I even cut it vs most fair decks. It is basically there to hedge on cray cray combo decks. I'd bring in the fourth for those, too. Otherwise fluster and taxes are just better.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Explosive Zone is so good. I am already going to be running it in MUD, and it seems like a good fit in tezz too. Also can be pumped into killing other CMCs as applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by malfie13 View Post

3 Ornithopter
    3 Baleful Strix
    4 Vault Skirge
    2 Sai, Master Thopterist

3 Chalice of the Void
    2 Darksteel Citadel
    2 Engineered Explosives
    3 Mox Opal
    3 Seat of the Synod
    2 Cranial Plating
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Talisman of Dominance
    1 Ensnaring Bridge

2 Transmute Artifact
    4 Thoughtcast

3 Force of Will

2 The Antiquities War

2 Karn, Scion of Urza

1 Academy Ruins
    3 Ancient Tomb
    1 Blinkmoth Nexus
    1 City of Traitors
    1 Inkmoth Nexus
    2 Island
    2 Polluted Delta
    1 Swamp
    2 Underground Sea

2 Faerie Macabre
    2 Lodestone Golem
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Toxic Deluge
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Force of Will
    1 Engineered Plague
    1 The Abyss
    Hey Malfie,
    This looks like it's super super low on colored mana sources. You have 13 U sources, 9 B sources. I think RUG delver runs 14 U sources at a minimum, and that's so you can run all the cantrips, not UB colored spells. I'd look at lists that run UB spells, like Grixis, and run more colored sources than they do - you don't have access to cantrips to find your lands. On top of that, I'd only commit to Ux or Bx spells, like Antiquities War and The Abyss, because those are the only spells you can reliably cast.

My $.02 - an Affinity manabase can't really support UB spells in it. It's incredibly wonky and unreliable. It makes you play sub-par cards, like mana rocks, so you can play good spells like Tezz AoB. I've played with this archetype a lot, and I've kept putting it away because the manabase is so unstable, esp with Chalice locking you off of Springleaf Drum and maybe other options.

And my understanding is Whir of Invention at UUU is out of the question. (For other lists where I see it in there.)
    Final Ritual: "I was your round 14 opponent with the 3 giant goyfs. I didn't know what the fuck you were piloting."
    Drunken Master strategy. If I don't know what I'm doing, how would you?

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Quote Originally Posted by frogger42 View Post
    Hey Malfie,
    This looks like it's super super low on colored mana sources. You have 13 U sources, 9 B sources. I think RUG delver runs 14 U sources at a minimum, and that's so you can run all the cantrips, not UB colored spells. I'd look at lists that run UB spells, like Grixis, and run more colored sources than they do - you don't have access to cantrips to find your lands. On top of that, I'd only commit to Ux or Bx spells, like Antiquities War and The Abyss, because those are the only spells you can reliably cast.

My $.02 - an Affinity manabase can't really support UB spells in it. It's incredibly wonky and unreliable. It makes you play sub-par cards, like mana rocks, so you can play good spells like Tezz AoB. I've played with this archetype a lot, and I've kept putting it away because the manabase is so unstable, esp with Chalice locking you off of Springleaf Drum and maybe other options.

And my understanding is Whir of Invention at UUU is out of the question. (For other lists where I see it in there.)
    I wouldnt ever whir, no. I try to keep majority spells at 1 color mana symbol in identity. So u, b, or ub. It's best. I've been enjoying this deck, but it feels very weird to run chalice to only put on one, never zero or two, as I'm majority either a stoneblade or mud player, lol. Mud I chalice bwtaeveah. Stoneblade I'm not really an fan or hater of chalice. My initial 2c. That said. The deck is pretty boss, but yea. I could see going forward taking out a couple of sol lands for some mixture of ping rainbow lands

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I haven't played this deck but isn't Karn, the Great Creator, scientifically speaking, 'fucking insane' for this deck?
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Thread Information