Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1369

Thread: [Deck] 8Tezz.dec - UB Tezzeret

Re: [Deck] 8Tezz.dec - UB Tezzeret

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    I didn't do all that great at GP Seattle, but here's my writeup anyway, in case anyone wanted to read it anyway. https://www.reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/c...laying_grixis/
    Great write up!

How has your experience with wasteland and crucible been?

I'm very curious about Ghuirapur aether grid, which I definitely want to jam and help out against DnT.

I played Tezz in a Legacy side event at Hartford and had some discussion with at least two other players about card choices, namely one who was Dack-less and using Jace in his place.
    (I also got to pick up an Italian Chains for about $300 in trade-ins from one of the vendors, whereas every other one was at least $450!)

Nov 2016
    Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Foamy View Post
    Nice writeup! When I saw "Round 8, Tomas on No-Show," I thought you encountered a janky Natural Order/Show and Tell deck, hehe.

I've never been much of a fan of keeping Forces in against BUG Control, at least not a full four. I feel like the Dack and Tezzeret would better serve you in the matchup, since they can help you take over the game and BUG doesn't play too many things that I think necessitate the use of a Force. But then again, maybe I'm just bad at this game and don't know how to navigate the matchup.
    Haha I wrote it that way on purpose as something of a joke, actually. :P

RE: Forces against BUG Control, I may have swapped some out. I am bad at keeping track of my sideboarding choices during tourneys and forgot to write them for that round. I want to believe that past-gibsonjunkie would've been smart enough to board some number of them out, but who knows. That guy also thought it was a good idea to play Tezz in a GP. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Someone has to fight the good fight, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Peebs View Post
    Great write up!

How has your experience with wasteland and crucible been?

I'm very curious about Ghuirapur aether grid, which I definitely want to jam and help out against DnT.

I played Tezz in a Legacy side event at Hartford and had some discussion with at least two other players about card choices, namely one who was Dack-less and using Jace in his place.
    (I also got to pick up an Italian Chains for about $300 in trade-ins from one of the vendors, whereas every other one was at least $450!)
    Well, Bertoncini wasn't a big fan of the Wasteland/Crucible package, I can tell you that for sure! Jokes aside, it's been pretty sweet. I'm a big fan of Crucible in the main even without the Wastelands, at this point. Being able to even re-buy a fetch against opposing Wasteland decks and fetch out my basics was really useful. It generated enough value that I'd like to keep playing it. I found the Wastelands to be super useful. I got some joking comments about "Oh god, what's going to come out of this deck next? I guess at least you aren't playing Wasteland..." followed by me Wastelanding them for their hubris. I'm definitely going to keep playing the package, but I would never play more than 2 Wasteland. That number feels rock solid for me. Sometimes the Crucible does need to come out for games 2/3, though, which is fine. I often find myself struggling with sideboarding correctly in this deck, so it's nice to have a card that is clearly bad in certain matchups to take out.

Ghirapur Aether Grid was a card I didn't really end up bringing in as much as I would've liked. A lot of the matchups it shines in I didn't run into as much, or I didn't draw it. I think the only time I cast it, it met a Force of Will, and I recall it getting Duress'd in a side event or something, as well. It was a bit of a last-minute audible, because I decided to cut the Slaughter Games I had been running in the sideboard previously, because it just didn't do much. I'm inclined to do some more testing with the card before I have a really solid opinion of it. For now, if it's scary enough to meet a Duress or a Force, someone must not want it on the board, which is a good sign in my book.

I'm really jealous of the Chains pickup! That's a great deal! Cheapest I could find in Seattle was still well over $400, and I had already spent upwards of $500 on a set of German Wastelands and some shiny new German duals. I've gone back and forth on Chains. I've got a proxy one I might jam locally in playtesting and see how it does. I never put serious thought into it because it seemed like a more niche piece of tech for Tezz (albeit a really powerful one).
    ╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Repost this if~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~you are a beautiful strong tezz player~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~who don't need no tier 1 deck~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Hey all, I just recently jumped on the Grixis Tezzeret train and while I have played in exactly one (1) small local gaming event so far, I'm happy to say the deck went undefeated despite approximately 25 misplays against three decks I almost always lose to (Lands, DnT, Mono Red Sneak Attack). One of my biggest challenges with any new deck is learning how to sideboard, and I wanted to find out the recent strategies of you more experienced players. In most matchups, the real puzzler is figuring out what cards should come out--when do you trim on planeswalkers or foundry combo pieces? Do you ever cut the fast mana cards? Am I wrong for boarding out all 4 copies of FOW when my opponent isn't on Combo? Etc.

A notable exception for me is the Grixis Delver matchup and the BUG/4C Control matchup. It feels like there are a ton of sideboard cards that are pretty effective against them, but there just aren't enough available slots and I can't decide what goes in. I'd be glad to get some advice, of whatever length or level of detail you can spare! Hope to get a meaty report in soon. Although I'm still tinkering around with the list, I'll post where I'm at so far as a frame of reference. Suggestions are of course welcome.

4 Baleful Strix
    1 Walking Ballista

4 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    4 Dack Fayden
    1 Liquimetal Coating (laugh if you want, the Lands player didn't)

3 Thopter Foundry
    2 Sword of the Meek

4 Mox Diamond
    3 Dimir Signet

4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Ensnaring Bridge

4 Force of Will
    2 Transmute Artifact

4 Polluted Delta
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Island
    1 Swamp
    1 Seat of the Synod
    1 Inventor's Fair
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    1 Academy Ruins

SB
    3 Chains of Mephistopheles
    1 The Abyss
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Walking Ballista
    2 Lodestone Golem
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast

Thank you!!

Hey steelydanno,

So where to start.... maybe with the Matchups that giving you a hard time.

Death n Taxes, without any Toxic deluge and Engineered Plague this is really a tough battle. The Abyss isn't that good agains them, im still boarding it in.

Lands is a really favored match imo. All you need is a chalice on 1 (it kills nearly all their spells but at least all the mana ramp) and an bridge to be safe form the big bad Token.
    After boarding they will bring in Sphere of Resistance which can give you a really hard time if you can´t find an Daretti. Against Land Im boarding the Helm combo in (simply to kill Life from the loam and punishing fire) but also keeping the Sword combo, with thopter sword online you don't have to fear the Token or Pfire.

I only played 1 or 2 matches against Mono Red Sneak Attack and it didn't feel good. Force of Will, Chalice on zero, Sorcerous Spyglass and a fast as possible bridge are the only weapons we have.

I´m totally with you about the Force of Will. I only keep them in agains Combo Decks and Decks which have some single strong cards that will win them the Game.

Other overall boarding thoughts:
    I trim on Tezzrets agains every Deck Im expecting Problast from the Sideboard. normally I change them to Daretti and/or Lodestone Golem (simply some other cards they have to handle but not getting killed by an blast)
    I also change the combo when I killed him with Thopter Sword or at least giving him a hard time with it. (normally they will board against thopter/sword like crazy and I want give them a lot of dead cards)
    When I decide to play both combos I cut 1 or 2 Foundries, cuz it get also killed by pyroblast ( you see I got some really traumatizing experiences with this card) and often they play a surgical extraction on the foundry.
    Other cards I cut when simply need space is 1 Signet and/or 1 Mox

Some thoughts about your list:

I would change 1 Dack for 1 Daretti, especially with the Liquimetal Coating you can kill everything.
    3 Chains of Mephistopheles are way to much imo. Its a pretty good card for sure but I wouldn't play more than 1 (even that I own 2 copies of it)
    I would suggest to play more creature hate, atm I´m playing 1 Toxic Deluge Main and one in the SB. Also I play 1 Engineered Plague in the SB it replaced my second Abyss and im really happy with it, it kills True Name, Mother, empty the warrens, Pyromancer Tokens and even against Enchantress I bring it in to kill Argothian Enchantress and slow them down.

Best wishes
    Tobi!

Thanks for the advice, Tobi!

I apologize for the awkward sentence, what I meant to say at the start of the post was that I had actually won those matchups. I think DnT is a bit of a 50/50 depending on how fast a start they get and if you can get around their mana denial--Dack owns the lategame if it gets that far. Toxic Deluge is better than Walking Ballista there, but I like that I can find Ballista with Tezzeret. Against Lands, I was giddy at how hard it was to lose--I usually play frickin STANDSTILL and so my win percentage against Marit Lage is approximately 0. Against Mono Red Sneak Attack, I was just plain lucky--he mulliganed at least twice both games and couldn't get enough mana before I got a Bridge down, I later playtested against it a few times and got blown out. I agree it's not a good matchup.

I also agree the 3CHAINZ are probably too much, but I'm overcommitting just so I can see how good it is against all these Brainstorm/Deathrite decks that infest my local meta, and then adjust accordingly. It feels to me like sticking an early one puts them in a really bad position, and they have so few (if any?) ways to get rid of it. Those decks are also the ones full of Pyroblasts, so cutting the FOWs, trimming the foundry combo and maybe a mana rock or two while bringing in Leyline/Helm seems like a good plan.

Going 3 Dack 1 Daretti feels right, and frees up a slot for Engineered Plague in the board, which is probably necessary. As the deck currently stands I have nothing but Ensnaring Bridge to stop TNN. And great against DnT as well.

Finally arrived at a list I like against the DRS mush meta.

lands 25
    4x ancient tomb
    1x badlands
    2x island
    1x karakas
    4x polluted delta
    3x scalding tarn
    1x swamp
    1x tundra
    2x underground sea
    2x volcanic island
    4x wasteland

creatures 6
    4x baleful strix
    2x hazoret the fervent (more on this later)

other 29
    4x dack fayden
    3x tezzeret agent of bolas
    4x thopter foundry
    3x sword of the meek
    4x mox diamond
    2x dimir signet
    2x ensnaring bridge
    1x crucible of worlds
    2x transmute artifact
    4x chalice of the void

sideboard 15
    3x tormod's crypt
    1x flusterstorm
    2x disenchant
    2x toxic deluge
    2x containment priest
    3x lodestone golem
    2x walking ballista

First thing you may notice is I ended up cutting academy ruins and inventors fair. In this current DRS meta I think they have become a liability. The longer a game goes against pile decks the worse off we are. Those lands reward grindy game states, so I cut them in favor of some more colored sources. The additional colored sources help against opposing Delver wastelands cutting me off mana colors as well.

Second thing you will likely notice is the hazoret's. They have been an absolute machine against pile and delver in game 1's. They can function as both baleful strix 5/6 and dack fayden 5/6 when trying to get under bridges. Post board they are win cons that dont lose to artifact hate or red blasts, which is an enormous attribute. They arent great against edict effects, but edict is an otherwise terrible card against the thopter plan, so it potentially overloads their sideboard efficiency. I actually suspect there's a better deck to be brewed that entirely drops the Tezzeret artifact chalice features in favor of Dack Hazoret pfire cantrip cartel, but that's a conversation for another day.

No force of will has priced me into the white splash and the otherwise super greedy karakas. Force is bad against the aggregate DRS mush, so I cut them and havent looked back. Because of that I need some maindeck outs to show and tell/reanimator, so between the Karakas and bridges I can still steal some game 1s without the card disadvantage. Also is nice to end step bounce an opposing DnT player's Thalia so I can jam without taxes. I was initially on Breya so you could occasionally bounce Breya or hazoret with the karakas against opposing stp, but that was admittedly narrow. Containtment priest is great against Show n tell, reanimator and dredge. Having the 2 natural draw white sources helps the fetchlands and moxes to get them out turn 1.

Cruicble wasteland with bridge gives me the free game 1wins im looking for against Lands. Turbo depths can still combo out before I setup, but if the game goes long im also gonna steal a game 1 with the package in that matchup. If you play against more depths than lands, I would change the sideboard disenchants into abrades, because they have an actual text box against hexmage. It's currently disenchant because of rest in peace/food chain/alluren but again easily swapped.

Basic TLDR is I like this build against the current top of the meta. My basic philosophy is that I want as wide an array of free game 1 wins options against the top of the field as I can get. Every deck that features brainstorm is gonna have a better sideboard against us than we have against them. So maximizing game 1 efficiency is what im looking for. If you are playing against more fringe stuff, you can go +3 force of will and -1 thopter, -1 sword, -1 karakas to support it in the maindeck, with +1 in the board replacing the flusterstorm.

Howdy all, I played my previous list mostly intact this weekend at SCG Baltimore, but my team dropped when we got our third loss. As for my matchups, I don't remember all of them, but I'll try to relay some interesting interactions over the day

Changes to the deck from last time:
    MD: -1 Mox Diamond, +1 Tezz Seeker
    SB: -1 Misdirection, +1 Ghirapur Aether Grid

Sneak and Show
    I keep a particularly shaky hand that can get me to a turn 2 chalice, but I have a tezz and bridge in hand so I'm not worried all that much. Opponent sees my turn 1 Delta, pass, and opts for a turn 1 show and tell. I slam my bridge to his Griselbrand, and after a few turns the game went my way. Boarded in Chains, The Abyss, and Daretti, but I didn't see nor need them since my turn 1 chalice with Force backup stopped him cold, with his hand full of cantrips and no action. Won with a Tezz ult after several turns.
    -Win

Grixis Delver
    G1: Chalice is gud kard. Easy game 1
    Game 2 I bring in Chains, The Abyss, my second Ballista, and Ghirapur Aether Grid. I land an early Chains with little to back it up, and he casts Jace. I lost to Jace Ult, and we both had a good laugh about the card
    Game 3 Aether Grid let me ping his pyromancer and delvers, bridge saved me from Gurmag Angler and TNN, and Grid has solidified itself in my sideboard.
    -Win

Eldrazi
    G1 I use about 4 cards in my hand to land a Chalice on 1, and my opponent chuckles. Ruh roh. I get run over by mimics and fast reality smashers.
    G2 I bring in creature removal package, land an early bridge and The Abyss, clean up from there.
    G3 I go for a quick Tezz ult for exactsies from behind bridge, but he pings my Baleful Strix with the pinger dude and survives at 2 life. Immediately lands Revoker on Tezz to slow my progress to a halt. Eventually I land Daretti to kill the revoker and Tezz ult again for way more than lethal this time.
    -Win

Death and Taxes
    My FAAAAAVORITE matchup. Ha.
    G1 DnT does DnT things, quick loss.
    G2 I stabilize quickly with ballista and aether grid, win in the air with thopter beats.
    G3 I play from behind Thalia which hampers my planeswalkers from coming down on time, and with one more turn I think I would have won, but he eventually found a flickerwisp to remove my bridge for a turn and lethal me.
    -Lost

Maverick
    This was the only match that an opponent cast Deathrite against me all day; I was shocked.
    Maindeck Qasali Pridemage really hurt my disruption, and his combo of Marit Lage and a big Knight of the Reliquary outran my swordless Thopter Foundry eventually.
    I had little to go on for how to sideboard, but my teammates both lost before we could finish our match.
    -Probably would have lost

There was one more match but I don't remember what it was. I'll keep more detailed notes for a post-Toronto report in 2 weeks.

Has anyone had the chance to jam some games with Karn, Scion of Urza yet? Moon Stompy people seem to be loving Karn and it seems like a natural fit here as well, since Moon stompy is kinda our evil twin legacy deck. It's gotta be an upgrade over the 2x Daretti some people play in Grixis right? Plus it slots well into UB Tezz as well.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeron View Post
    It's gotta be an upgrade over the 2x Daretti some people play in Grixis right?
    Daretti is a removal spell most of the time for me, not just pumping out tokens or card advantage. I think Karn has a spot in the deck somewhere, but not necessarily for the purpose you've proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Peebs View Post
    Daretti is a removal spell most of the time for me, not just pumping out tokens or card advantage. I think Karn has a spot in the deck somewhere, but not necessarily for the purpose you've proposed.
    I guess I should've expanded on my thoughts a bit more. I agree with you that Daretti is a removal spell most of the time, the problem is that it's a bad removal spell and there are too many decks in the format where it does absolutely nothing (Lands, Miracles, most combo decks and especially storm). As such, I think it's best as a sideboard card if you want it somewhere in the 75. Karn, on the other hand, does things which are more universally applicable against the metagame as a whole (card advantage, beatdown/defense) and thus seems like an ideal card to have in the maindeck. My starting place would be to drop any Darettis I was playing maindeck (which has been 1-2 in the past) and replace them with Karns, even though they serve vastly different purposes.
    From nothing came teeth.

I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Hello folks,
    I've been casually playing this deck since i saw Jake playing it at the phili team event and think its pretty amazing. I've since been playing a modern version of this as pretty much the only deck i'll enter into a modern event (before this I was on black green tron, which I top 8'ed the TJ's Titanium Invitational event with). The modern version is extremely consistent and operates mostly at instant speed. I wreck the jeskai, humans, hollow one and mardu pyromancer matchups, and have a fair chance at most of the rest. I'll post the modern list below, but i bring this up because i was wondering if anyone has tested whir of invention in this deck? I know XUUU is very different from UU for your tutor, but the sorcery speed aspect of this has felt really bad. Does anyone have tips for when you cast your transmutes? Do you jam it on 2 if you have the ramp up? Are you waiting for a specific boardstate or time? And I'd love to hear your opinions on whir.

3 X Ensnaring Bridge
    4 x Serum Visions
    1 x Time Sieve
    3 x Sword of the Meek
    3 x collective brutality
    2 x welding jar
    4 x whir of invention
    4 x mishra's bauble
    4 x pentad prism
    1 x grafdiggers cage
    1 x relic of progenitus
    4 x thopter foundry
    3 x mox opal
    3 x tezzeret, agent of bolas

Manabase:
    2 x misty rainforest
    4 x polluted delta
    2 x flooded strand
    2 x watery grave
    2 x breeding pool
    2 x underground river
    1 x academy ruins
    1 x sunken ruins
    3 x island
    1 x swamp

Sideboard: (this sideboard was what i ran when i expected cheerios to be in the room more than once because of the stupid meta at my LGS, and is decent vs affinity too. other maybe board items include 2x trickbind, 2x mindbreak trap, 2 x damnation, 1 x padeem, 1-2 sorceress spyglass, 2 x spellskite, 1x maelstrom pulse, 1x aether grid, 2 x liliana of the veil)
    3 x chalice of the void
    3 x abrupt decay
    4 x thoughtseize (this needs to go to 3, replacing it with an additional lost legacy)
    4 fatal push
    1 lost legacy

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by nfurno View Post
    I'll post the modern list below, but i bring this up because i was wondering if anyone has tested whir of invention in this deck? I know XUUU is very different from UU for your tutor, but the sorcery speed aspect of this has felt really bad. Does anyone have tips for when you cast your transmutes? Do you jam it on 2 if you have the ramp up? Are you waiting for a specific boardstate or time? And I'd love to hear your opinions on whir.
    There's a pretty big difference between UU, sacrifice Baleful Strix to find the other half of Thopter/Sword and 2UUU to do the same (even at instant speed), not to mention that UUU is a lot harder in the Legacy builds due to stuff like Ancient Tomb.
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Undomian View Post
    There's a pretty big difference between UU, sacrifice Baleful Strix to find the other half of Thopter/Sword and 2UUU to do the same (even at instant speed), not to mention that UUU is a lot harder in the Legacy builds due to stuff like Ancient Tomb.
    I totally agree, although not having to sac and being able to tap strix and other artifacts to contribute to X is really helpful. Do you have any insights on how/when to transmute?

I totally agree, although not having to sac and being able to tap strix and other artifacts to contribute to X is really helpful. Do you have any insights on how/when to transmute?
    Game 1 you're basically going to only Transmute for A) the part of the thopter sword combo you don't currently have; or B) Ensnaring Bridge. In matches where Bridge is good, you basically want it out ASAP so do when you sense you have the best chance to resolve Transmute (i.e., before Griselbrand hits the battlefield). You can wait a bit if you're looking to compete thopter sword if you're not under any pressure and you don't need the artifact you're sacrificing, but if you're getting beaten down by a hoard of Delvers and Elemental tokens you rarely have the luxury of waiting for the perfect moment to cast it.

Sideboard games you're still looking to get those same cards, but you've got more silver bullets depending on what you brought in (i.e., Trinisphere against storm, Helm if you brought in Leylines to fight a graveyard deck, stuff like that).

If you have the choice of getting a silver bullet that will absolutely hose a certain matchup (Bridge against SnS, 3ball against Storm) you should transmute for that first and worry about assembling thopter sword later.
    From nothing came teeth.

I've decided to try this deck in Toronto this weekend over my usual Lands list. I've been playing 1-2 events per week for about 3 weeks now and I have a basic handling on it, and your help on what you use transmute for has been really helpful. I'm trying to figure out what I should change from my current list in order to help me combat turbo depths now that many people seem to be on it. I've also had a hard time beating mono red stompy, i seem to run out of answers and while i need to board chalice out in that match, they keep it in on 2. I've also fallen in love with liquimetal coating + dack and had considered moving a liquimetal to the mainboard.
    Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated!

Based on Starting with Jake's list and modifying things a little based on other results, this is what ive currently been on:

4 Force of will
    2 Transmute Artifact
    1 Toxic Deluge

4 Tezzeret Agent of Bolas
    3 Dack Faden
    1 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast

4 Baleful Strix
    4 mox Diamond
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Thopter Foundry
    3 Dimir Signet
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Sword of the meek
    1 Time Sieve (i havent gotten this to get unlimited turns even once in testing, its an easy cut)

4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Polluted Delta
    2 Volcanic island
    2 underground Sea
    2 island
    1 swamp
    1 seat of the synod
    1 inventor's fair
    1 academy ruins

Sideboard:
    1 The Abyss
    1 Liquimetal Coating
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Engineered Plague
    1 Chains of Mephistopoles
    2 Misdirection
    1 Lodestone Golem
    1 Sorceress Spyglass
    1 walking Ballista
    1 Padeem, Consol of Innovation
    Last edited by nfurno; 05-15-2018 at 02:13 PM.

I like the list, I'm just a few cards off. If you're looking for suggestions on what to replace Time Sieve with, I really recommend Padeem. I've been playing with two main and I've never been sorry to see him (and he gives our color-strained deck a few more bullets for Force of Will). Ditto for maindeck Liquimetal Coating, in addition to the synergy with all of your walkers, with Padeem out you can make him or your lands hexproof as well, which is more relevant than I thought it would be.

My suggested cuts for those cards would be Daretti (to the board) and a Signet, but that's just based on my local meta which reliably favors combo, miracles, and Czech Pile.

Hello Everyone,
    I got to play in GP Toronto this weekend with my team ending 5-2-1. a Draw in round 2 (that our modern player was winning easily if we were not in turns) really hosed us for the day 2 qualification.
    Here's how I did with this list:

1 Tezzeret the seeker
    3 Dakc Fayden
    2 Transmute Artifact
    1 Toxic Deluge
    3 Baleful Strix
    1 Walking ballista
    4 Chalice of the void
    4 Mox Diamond
    3 Dimir Signet
    1 Liquimetal Coating
    3 Thopter Foundry
    2 Sword of the Meek
    2 ensnaring Bridge
    4 Force of Will

1 Swamp
    2 island
    2 polluted delta
    2 scalding tarn
    2 underground sea
    2 volcanic island
    2 city of traitors
    1 seat of the synod
    1 academy ruins
    1 inventors' fair
    4 ancient tomb

Sideboard:
    1 daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
    1 ghiapur aether grid
    1 sorceress spyglass
    1 the abyss
    4 leyline of the void
    1 helm of obedience
    1 engineered plague
    1 chains of mephistopholes
    1 toxic deluge
    1 misdirection
    1 trinisphere
    1 ensnaring bridge

match 1 on the draw vs show and tell, team lost
    game 1 turn 2 show and tell into emrakul, forcing my force, no time to get bridge.
    game 2 a turn 2 tezzeret + revealing thopter foundry, turn 3 bridge transmute, he intuitions into 3 show and tell, i forced the show and tell and he scooped.
    game 3 i boarded in a misdirect, since i saw the wish, then my other teammates had both lost so we ended.

Match 2, on the draw vs storm, i lost, team drew when our modern player ulted liliana last hope vs a jeskai player who had 0 board at turn 5
    game 1 he turn 1 probes, duresses me, turn 2 ten goblins, game was over.
    game 2 i boarded out 1 bridge 1 tezz for trinisphere and plague, i had a chalice on 1 which worked well for a while, but before i got thopters online i took ten from tombs, fetches and he bounced the chalice, wished into tendrills for a kill. I totally misplayed this one, while transmuting for a win con i should have transmuted for my trinisphere.

Match 3 on the draw vs delver, I won and team won
    Game 1 early bridge into tezz, into chalice, into dack into foundry he scooped.
    Game 2 brought in daretti chains, abyss, and prob 1 other card, took a ton of damage from early tombs to power out cards, and he got under bridge
    Game 3 he got an early DRS going but i got thopters online fast for a win.

Match 4 on the draw vs 4 color shardless pile, I won and team won
    game 1 my turn 2 chalice causes him to double brainstorm into force/force, but i grind out a win at 1 life with a deluge on 2 taking out three creatures and a follow up baleful strix holding him back when i get thopters online. I got liquimetal coating and dack online, letting me take the creeping tarpit that had hit me twice since i had no bridge yet, and my hand was full of planeswalkers so bridge transmute wouldn't have helped.
    game 2 go down 1 tezz, 1 signet, bring in misdirect, chains, abyss, another grindy match where he meddling mages on deluge but i have a walking ballista on board sniping his strixes. im waiting to get 8 mana in order to add 2 counters and bring the ballista to 3 in order to dump on mage since he's not really applying pressure, each of his attacks are getting in for 1 or 2. he moves to abrupt decay the ballista end of my turn and i misdirect onto meddling mage, end up making a 5/5 that pounds in every turn so he has to keep a creature up for blocking, i get to 1 life again and he scoops when he's out of blockers, making my ballista counters lethal. That misdirect was a blowout.

Match 5, on the play finally, vs 4 color control (damn). we win the match but i lost my game. This is vs a team with local guy from massachusetts named Tom Smiley, a bantblade player and repeated top 8'er at many high level events. I was glad that i wasn't vs him, he's damn good, he was on bogles in modern. There was a notable issue in the modern match where they both got GRV's because they let my team resolve a thoughtseize thru leyline, it was tucked into the corner of the playmat and the game went on a while so they just forgot it was there. they had gone too far to rewind at that point. My teammember made a giant pile of tokens and topdecked a manamorphose off of a faithless looting to have white for a crackling doom that ate Tom's only creature (which had lifelink) and took 5 permanants off the board to win the match.
    game 1 and 2, all i have to say is that mainboard redelemental blast is super metagaming, and having rise // fall act like hymn's 5-8 is bonkers. i dont know what his split was but every game i got forced, REB'ed, k-commanded for break,discard, and hymned into rise//fall into snap/rise//fall and i was able to assemble nothing. miserable game two as well. Thankful my teammates pulled that one through.

Match 6 opponent no-shows

Match 7 on the draw vs elves, i lose this one and team lost the match.
    game 1 early chalice holds it down but i take incremental damage from tombs, drs and small attacks. he draws early rec sage on an early bridge and i never find a way to replace it.
    I bring in bridge, spyglass, abyss, plague
    game 2 same story, i lock it down, he lands an early nissa, he rec sages the bridge lands a scavaging ooze. i plague, he misplays when he exiles the sage to pump a scooze attack realizing nissa could have bought it back. I never find a second bridge or a way to fight back, hand was good for a lock but draws didnt cooperate again.
    Saw 0 tezzeret's this game, which sucked.

Match 8, on the play vs dredge (had mana). we were seated next to these guys last round so my teammates knew what they were on and informed me. I won and my team won.
    game 1 an early chalice on 1 into early bridge into thopter foundry and he scooped.
    game 2 turn 0 leyline, we took a while on this one, he discarded to hand size after his second turn i think, afterwards started playing LED's, i stole them with dack and played liquimetal coating and he scooped. He revealed he brought in Serenity (white + 1 enchantment, at the beginning of your upkeep destroy all artifacts and enchantments). Dont have this card played against you!.

so my team ultimately went 5-2-1, and i get to play legacy maybe 3-4 times a month so i was really proud of this result, and my team was freaking amazing. our mardu pyromancer player is top notch and our standard player and team leader was on the mono green deck and he won vs control matchups that i thought were lost. I really like the deck but i dislike how inconsistent it can be. I'm definitely looking for better ways to assemble the pieces i need and some redundancy like i have in the modern version of the deck. That one draw knocked us out of day 2, so my recommendation is to have your teammates press your opponents on long turns. we had one dude tank for 3 mins, call a judge, get a NO answer, tank for 3 mins and pass doing nothing. an 8 minute turn that did nothing isn't acceptable, so stay on top of this and do NOT get draws due to time.

note: im still trying to figure out if round 6 or 7 was the no-show opponents, cant recall.

Thanks for reading!
    Nick Furno

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

Hello Everyone,
    I got to play in GP Toronto this weekend with my team ending 5-2-1. a Draw in round 2 (that our modern player was winning easily if we were not in turns) really hosed us for the day 2 qualification.
    Here's how I did with this list:

1 Tezzeret the seeker
    3 Dakc Fayden
    2 Transmute Artifact
    1 Toxic Deluge
    3 Baleful Strix
    1 Walking ballista
    4 Chalice of the void
    4 Mox Diamond
    3 Dimir Signet
    1 Liquimetal Coating
    3 Thopter Foundry
    2 Sword of the Meek
    2 ensnaring Bridge
    4 Force of Will

1 Swamp
    2 island
    2 polluted delta
    2 scalding tarn
    2 underground sea
    2 volcanic island
    2 city of traitors
    1 seat of the synod
    1 academy ruins
    1 inventors' fair
    4 ancient tomb

Sideboard:
    1 daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
    1 ghiapur aether grid
    1 sorceress spyglass
    1 the abyss
    4 leyline of the void
    1 helm of obedience
    1 engineered plague
    1 chains of mephistopholes
    1 toxic deluge
    1 misdirection
    1 trinisphere
    1 ensnaring bridge
    Nice reading, thank you.

You listed 58 cards, maybe you forgot 2 lands? Playing the full set of Diamonds with only 20 lands seems too inefficient, moreover you play many colorless lands which can be an issue if you don't find or can't play your mana stones.

Moving on the spells, I see the appeal of Liquimetal coating with Dack and Daretti, but I found it pretty luckster: this deck is full of air and I don't like adding another do_nothing_spell_unless_I_have_something_else (like swords and thopters). Did you ever draw it in the wrong moment?

Only 3 baleful strix harm my heart... I'd sooner play 3 Tezz AoB then 3 strix.

For the rest seems a pretty stock list: I still can't find myself playing Fow with such a low Blu pitch count, especially since basically all you would pitch are your business spell and you'll be left with mana stones and maybe a chalice after. But FoW is present in many succesful lists, so it has its merits.

PS: with your mana base, assuming you'r playing 22 lands, I'd switch a Mox for an Izzet signet, in order to have another source of red mana which is not card disadvantage ;)
    Ignorance is strength

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by kingtk3 View Post
    Nice reading, thank you.

You listed 58 cards, maybe you forgot 2 lands? Playing the full set of Diamonds with only 20 lands seems too inefficient, moreover you play many colorless lands which can be an issue if you don't find or can't play your mana stones.

Moving on the spells, I see the appeal of Liquimetal coating with Dack and Daretti, but I found it pretty luckster: this deck is full of air and I don't like adding another do_nothing_spell_unless_I_have_something_else (like swords and thopters). Did you ever draw it in the wrong moment?

Only 3 baleful strix harm my heart... I'd sooner play 3 Tezz AoB then 3 strix.

For the rest seems a pretty stock list: I still can't find myself playing Fow with such a low Blu pitch count, especially since basically all you would pitch are your business spell and you'll be left with mana stones and maybe a chalice after. But FoW is present in many succesful lists, so it has its merits.

PS: with your mana base, assuming you'r playing 22 lands, I'd switch a Mox for an Izzet signet, in order to have another source of red mana which is not card disadvantage ;)
    i'd play kolaghan's command or abdrade to make use of liquimetal coating more often without slotting additional deadcards

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    i'd play kolaghan's command or abdrade to make use of liquimetal coating more often without slotting additional deadcards
    That can make sense. Lately I found myself thinking about adding KCommand and/or Abrade and/or Collective brutality to the deck too (not sure if in the main or in the side), but I didn't find space. I wasn't thinking about Liquimetal coating, just about how good those cards are by themselves, just to be clear :)

How are you thinking to integrate those cards in the deck.

For reference, my last played list is

4 chalice of the void
    3 ensnaring bridge
    2 sword of the meek
    3 thopter foundry
    3 dimir signet
    3 Mox Diamond
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Search for Azcanta
    2 transmute artifact
    2 Toxic Deluge
    4 baleful strix