Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869
Results 1,361 to 1,369 of 1369

Thread: [Deck] 8Tezz.dec - UB Tezzeret

bruizar

Re: [Deck] 8Tezz.dec - UB Tezzeret

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    I haven't played this deck but isn't Karn, the Great Creator, scientifically speaking, 'fucking insane' for this deck?
    I believe 'fucking insane' is the consensus within the scientific community, although more studies are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by schweinefettmann View Post
    What do you have that’s cmc=1? I thought tezzerator builds were basically devoid of anything cmc 1 cuz of chalice?
    Blast Zone on 1 doesn't do anything against this deck

Blast Zone on 2 does everything against this deck

(Blast Zone on 3 or 4 kinda suck for us too, depending on what we have)

so i've been thinking more about the tezzerator deck. I think there's potential for a UB PW-heavy artefacts deck with things like the new karn, tezzerets, new narset, and things like howling mine, mycosynth lattice, anvil of bogardan as wincons, draw engines, and so on. I don't think there's space in painter, but possibly in tezzerator. Being creature-less also means that we're a lot less likely to get blown out by terminus and all that rubbish.

Also, new saheeli would churn out massive numbers of 1/1s that we can use as an alternate wincon too.

maybe it's also worth splashing red for daretti. But I'm a bit wary being so greedy with mana.
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

So i'm a solidarity and painter player who realised that the painter build i'm going for looks suspiciously close to these tezzerator builds i've been seeing pottering around. Naturally, i figured i'd give the deck a spin.
    Welcome fellow Board Control player!

I can also see that y'all tezzerator players are also experimenting with the new karn; it seems like it's really going to affect the meta pretty hard.
    I've been running 1 TinyKarn as a wishboard engine. I'm down to 1 Bridge main since he represents one for a slight delay. Being able to have access to 1 Sword and 1 Foundry in the board is also great.

I've a few questions though. chalice is the main lock piece; but are there others that should be used?
    You've cracked open one of the core discussions about how this style of deck should be played. The 3-color variants (mostly utilizing Mox Diamond) will typically run either a crucible package or occasionally more diverse lock pieces. The straight UB deck is less explosive, so it typically can't get locks on the ground before they are behind, so it can afford to defer to more expensive reactive answers like Damnation or The Abyss. I've argued before that true 'Stax'-style prison control is borderline unplayable in modern Legacy since it fumbles if it ever gets behind and answers are so efficient now.

Also, is there a reason you don't run muddle the mixture? it finds both halves of the thopter/sword, and can also be used as a counter. Is it too slow/limiting?
    It's too slow. Transmute Artifact is insane, and I've frequently argued that even something like Whir is too slow. This deck will occasionally just whoopsie-doodle Thopter/Sword turn 2.

(i've been putting off geting transmute artefacts, but those seem very good!):
    Much like Tabernacle, it's an old card that does a specific thing very, very well. At least Drop of Honey got a functional reprint - WotC has mostly learned their lesson with printing Tinker-esque effects. You don't *need* an Abyss or Chains to play the deck, but I genuinely believe that not having at least 2 Transmutes is just not taking advantage of some of the power level of the format.

I think there's potential for a UB PW-heavy artefacts deck with things like the new karn, tezzerets, new narset, and things like howling mine, mycosynth lattice, anvil of bogardan as wincons, draw engines, and so on. I don't think there's space in painter, but possibly in tezzerator. Being creature-less also means that we're a lot less likely to get blown out by terminus and all that rubbish.

Also, new saheeli would churn out massive numbers of 1/1s that we can use as an alternate wincon too.

maybe it's also worth splashing red for daretti. But I'm a bit wary being so greedy with mana.
    There's been a Turbo-Narset list formenting in the back of my head for a while now (spoiler alert it includes Stasis), and Anvil is a natural match. But I think you're wholly abandoning the 4-CMC engine, and I honestly don't even know if you run Sol Lands anymore if you aren't trying to make 2 on 1 and 4 on 2 - if you aren't trying to win with Thopter Sword, Tezz becomes much less attractive, and I don't know if you want such a mana-intensive wincon, Stasis or no.
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

Hello guys. I try to use this list. Any ideas ???

Mainboard [60]

4x Baleful Strix
    3x Tribute Mage
    2x Walking Ballista

4x Thoughtcast

4x Force of Will
    2x Spell Pierce

2x Karn, Scion of Urza
    4x Karn, the Great Creator
    1x Tezzeret, Artifice Master

4x Chalice of the Void
    2x Dimir Signet
    3x Lotus Petal
    3x Mox Opal
    1x Sword of the Meek
    2x Thopter Foundry

4x Ancient Tomb
    2x Cavern of Souls
    2x City of Traitors
    2x Glimmervoid
    1x Inventors' Fair
    3x Island
    4x Seat of the Synod
    1x Vault of Whispers

Sideboard [15]

1x Walking Ballista
    1x Sai, Master Thopterist
    2x Padeem, Consul of Innovation

2x Toxic Deluge

2x Flusterstorm

1x Ensnaring Bridge
    1x Mycosynth Lattice
    1x Sorcerous Spyglass
    1x Thopter Foundry
    2x Tormod's Crypt
    1x Sword of the Meek

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by NickDoom View Post
    Hello guys. I try to use this list. Any ideas ???
    I don't like most board control lists that reach with cards like Lotus petal, because it's too easy to cleanly answer most all-ins in the format right now. If you're not trying to kill them the turn you are saccing petal, you're going to be so behind.

Honestly, you might get better feedback on a thread more focused on the Turbo-Karn idea.
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

Site Contributor

Dec 2013

i posted in the POX thread after someone mentioned contamination.
    then someone said UB Tezz can slot in contamination so i'd like the hivemind here to massage out a list.

before anyone posts about this being subpar, i do not "need" to win the match, i need to get a contamination lock.
    if you have a suggestion other than UB Tezz for contamination, PM me...

i've read for about a day and picked a few lists and this is what i'd like to start with:

4 baleful strix

4 tezzeret, agent of bolas

4 bitterblossom
    4 contamination

4 chalice of the void
    1 crucible of worlds
    1 ensnaring bridge
    2 sword of the meek
    3 thopter foundry

2 talisman of dominance
    3 Mox Diamond

4 force of will
    1 transmute artifact

23 Lands

4 underground sea
    4 polluted delta
    1 island
    1 swamp
    4 ancient tomb
    1 academy ruins
    2 city of traitors
    2 wasteland
    2 urborg, tomb of yawgmoth
    2 mishra's factory

are there any large holes in my list for trying to get and keep a contamination lock?

i've played ophiomancer in a stax list and it was a superstar, still considering it.
    i'm also considering one reassembling skeleton, as well
    trading post would be funny for making goats, too.

i ran this pretty pile, but sadly, the bitterblossoms and contaminations were the weakest cards.

Last edited by non-inflammable; 11-02-2019 at 10:52 PM.

This thread hasn't had too much activity lately, but I'd like to get people's input about a few cards that have been printed this year.

Karn, the Great Creator is going to be really awful to play against, since our deck is so vulnerable to Null Rod effects, and the card has gained a decent amount of popularity with Bomberman resurfacing and plenty of colorless decks already slotting it in with minimal effort. If we want to run Karn ourselves, which maindeck slots should we sacrifice in order to incorporate him? Gaining access to a wishboard of our own will also be super helpful, but do we trim numbers on cards that we would wish for with Karn anyway?

Collector Ouphe might not be super popular, but it's another Null Rod effect and I feel like it significantly worsens our matchup against green creature decks in sideboarded games, especially if they have access to Green Sun's Zenith. If Karn causes other artifact-based decks to grow in popularity, then I can see this guy appearing in more and more green sideboards.

Goblin Engineer could possibly be worth considering if we go for a Grixis build, finding Thopter Sword pieces, Ensnaring Bridge, Trinisphere, and other important artifacts.

Tribute Mage can also find either half of the Thopter Sword combo, along with other artifacts like Signets, Sorcerous Spyglass, etc.

Saheeli, Sublime Artificer doesn't seem too amazing for our deck, but Narset, Parter of Veils might be worth running. We already know how great her static ability is, and since we tend to have so many 1- and 2-ofs in our deck (along with silver bullet sideboard cards), I feel like we can get a lot of mileage out of her -2.

Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge is disappointing because I want him to be better, but overall not good enough. I wish he had a cost like 7UB and had affinity for artifacts himself.

Urza, Lord High Artificer might be really really great, but he might also be win-more. He obviously interacts very favorably with the Thopter Sword combo, but is the floor of the card good enough to warrant inclusion? I'm tempted to run a 4-drop that comes with a Karnstruct token and generates card advantage throughout the game, but given how tight the decklists for this archetype are, I don't know if it's the right call.

Emry, Lurker of the Loch seems like a neat recursion engine, but again, our slots are so tight that we might not be able to justify running her.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Not sure if people dont use this site or if theres a discord someone could point me to, but I've been feeling like the proper answer to the meta is a deck that has disruption, countermagic and hate, so I reinterpreted this deck, a bit. I'd love to hear the take of more experienced players. Let me know what you think!

Deck: Legacy Yorion Tezzerator 5-4-20.dec

Counts : 80 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:10
    4 Baleful Strix
    2 Emry, Lurker of the Loch
    1 Lodestone Golem
    3 Urza, Lord High Artificer

Artifacts:22
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Mishra's Bauble
    4 Mox Opal
    1 Seat of the Synod