Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1369

Thread: [Deck] 8Tezz.dec - UB Tezzeret

Re: [Deck] 8Tezz.dec - UB Tezzeret

I'm mostly looking to shore up my delver matchup, as its easily the most played deck online right now (at least in my experience).

Currently my board is:
    2 collective brutality
    2 toxic deluge
    2 misdirection
    1 ethersworn canonist
    2 tormods crypt
    1 grafdiggers cage
    3 lodestone golem
    2 echoing truth

Quote Originally Posted by smutko View Post
    I'm mostly looking to shore up my delver matchup, as its easily the most played deck online right now (at least in my experience).

Currently my board is:
    2 collective brutality
    2 toxic deluge
    2 misdirection
    1 ethersworn canonist
    2 tormods crypt
    1 grafdiggers cage
    3 lodestone golem
    2 echoing truth
    I'd personally toss in some number of engineered explosives over the echoing truths. it kills delver/deathrite at the same mana cost of deluge without the life loss which is very relevant in the matchup. You can also find yourself in a situation where you have a strix on the table. explosives allows you kill their board while keeping your strix for another future delver or angler.

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

Hi guys,
    I'm planning to bring Tezzerator to the next big tournament, and the list I'm sitting on right now is something like this

MAIN
    4 chalice of the void
    3 ensnaring bridge
    2 sword of the meek
    3 thopter foundry
    2 dimir signet
    3 Mox Diamond
    4 baleful strix
    3 force of will
    2 Collective brutality
    3 Dack fayden
    1 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
    3 tezzeret, agent of bolas
    2 transmute artifact
    2 Toxic Deluge
    3 underground sea
    2 Badland
    2 volcanic island
    2 island
    1 swamp
    4 polluted delta
    1 Scalding tarn
    1 bloodstained mire
    4 ancient tomb
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 academy ruins
    1 city of traitors

SIDE
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 chains of mephistopheles
    2 slaughter games
    1 trinisphere
    1 Nether Void
    1 The Abyss
    1 Engineered plague
    1 force of will
    2 blood moon

Since is quite some time that I can't attend to some medium-big tournament, I'd like to hear some criticism to the deck. As you can see I pack a little more disruption MD than usual.
    There are two things that troubles me:
    the low blue count to support the 4th FoW, but at the same time I kind of want an answer to turn 1 combo
    I don't have a way to manage opponent's fast planeswalker, especially Liliana, the last hope, apart FoW which is, however, a card that I don't like in those MU (BUG and Grixis namely)

I'm pondering to swap the 4th FoW in the side with something like sorcerous spyglass or even dreadbore or to the slaughter.
    I'm also thinking about swapping the FoW and a bridge MD with 3 leylines and the helm, since I think that against many deck (grixis delver, BUG mainly) leyline is better G1 than G2-3, but I'm still unsure.

Thank you for your feedback.
    Ignorance is strength

Nov 2016
    Kansas

Shoutout to Jake Farrar getting 22nd at the team open this weekend! Pretty sweet UB list. http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...?DeckID=118494

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    ╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Repost this if~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~you are a beautiful strong tezz player~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~who don't need no tier 1 deck~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

There have been modern Tezzeret discord that got legacy section, please feel free to join (i'm not the one that made it but i want more people there to talk about tezzeret) https://discord.gg/RSnYU2P

And taht list is nice, not something i would run but i can see it doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Shoutout to Jake Farrar getting 22nd at the team open this weekend! Pretty sweet UB list. http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...?DeckID=118494

Thank you! I had a blast playing this deck, and even though Day 2 didn't live up to our 9-0 Day 1, we had a great time at the tournament.

I played a whole lot of Deathrite decks, as we predicted going in, and my turn 1 Chalices of the Void backed by the full 4 Force of Will in the main usually meant a very quick game 1 in my favor, followed by confused looks from the opposing team about how to sideboard. Lands was the second most common opposing deck, and Ensnaring Bridge with Chalice of the Void on 2 locked them out of Punishing Fire, Life from the Loam, and Marit Lage wins. I lost both matches to Miracles, and all three matches to Death and Taxes. I'd definitely like to increase the number of Walking Ballistae in the main deck because Phyrexian Revoker was incredibly difficult to deal with. Toxic Deluge in the board helped, but I couldn't stem the tide forever.

As far as changes to my list go, I'm definitely looking at shifting to Grixis for Dack and Blood Moon (love me some Blood Moon!). I am wary of its increased vulnerability to Wasteland, but Dack seems to ease most of the frustrations I had over the weekend. I'd like to see how Null Brooch and Ghirapur Aether Grid, two suggestions I received over the tournament, perform as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Peebs View Post
    Thank you! I had a blast playing this deck, and even though Day 2 didn't live up to our 9-0 Day 1, we had a great time at the tournament.

I played a whole lot of Deathrite decks, as we predicted going in, and my turn 1 Chalices of the Void backed by the full 4 Force of Will in the main usually meant a very quick game 1 in my favor, followed by confused looks from the opposing team about how to sideboard. Lands was the second most common opposing deck, and Ensnaring Bridge with Chalice of the Void on 2 locked them out of Punishing Fire, Life from the Loam, and Marit Lage wins. I lost both matches to Miracles, and all three matches to Death and Taxes. I'd definitely like to increase the number of Walking Ballistae in the main deck because Phyrexian Revoker was incredibly difficult to deal with. Toxic Deluge in the board helped, but I couldn't stem the tide forever.

As far as changes to my list go, I'm definitely looking at shifting to Grixis for Dack and Blood Moon (love me some Blood Moon!). I am wary of its increased vulnerability to Wasteland, but Dack seems to ease most of the frustrations I had over the weekend. I'd like to see how Null Brooch and Ghirapur Aether Grid, two suggestions I received over the tournament, perform as well.
    Nice results ! Can you tell us what was your match up day 1? What was the reason to loose vs miracle? Do you think with red you have a better chance?

This deck is Grixis to me.

Dack Fayden and Chain of Mephistopheles is a hardlock for every control deck and Daretti 2.0 is great even alone

You can even Goblin Welder around in case you drop Chalice, but I wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    This deck is Grixis to me.

Dack Fayden and Chain of Mephistopheles is a hardlock for every control deck and Daretti 2.0 is great even alone

You can even Goblin Welder around in case you drop Chalice, but I wouldn't
    Do you have a recent grixis list?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanhur View Post
    Nice results ! Can you tell us what was your match up day 1? What was the reason to loose vs miracle? Do you think with red you have a better chance?
    Day 1 was 2 D+T, 2 Show and Tell (won vs Sneak and Show, lost against Omnitell), Lands, and about 4 Deathrite/Delver decks. I lost to Miracles on Day 2 because even though I brought in Helm/Leyline, they got out an early Search for Azcanta, and the Scry 1 every turn let them find relevant cards and throw away not useful ones. They won with Angel tokens after Council's Judgementing my bridges. I think with Red in the deck I'd have a better Miracles matchup; simply seeing more cards with Dack would have kept me in the game better.

Daretti 2.0 is great even alone
    I'm having trouble seeing what the fuss is over RB Daretti, could someone please enlighten me?
    What should I change from the UB list I played to make it Grixis?

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

Day 1 was 2 D+T, 2 Show and Tell (won vs Sneak and Show, lost against Omnitell), Lands, and about 4 Deathrite/Delver decks. I lost to Miracles on Day 2 because even though I brought in Helm/Leyline, they got out an early Search for Azcanta, and the Scry 1 every turn let them find relevant cards and throw away not useful ones. They won with Angel tokens after Council's Judgementing my bridges. I think with Red in the deck I'd have a better Miracles matchup; simply seeing more cards with Dack would have kept me in the game better.

I'm having trouble seeing what the fuss is over RB Daretti, could someone please enlighten me?
    In grixis I play 2 slaughter games in the side, which help against combo but are also strong versus miracle, exiling his few win conditions. Dack is also good because, as you said, he cycles through your deck.

Daretti is a nice PW because
    - it's cheap
    - it defends himself with chumpblockers or killing creatures
    - he can remove annoying creatures that don't interact with the combat phase (DRS, Leo, ecc...)
    - he destroys artifact, which can be relevant against this new surge of big mana decks, and is an out against null rod, pithing needle, phyrexian revoker, sorcerous spyglass
    Last edited by kingtk3; 02-02-2018 at 06:25 AM.
    Ignorance is strength

The last time i played this grixis list :

4 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    2 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
    3 Dack Fayden

4 Baleful Strix

3 Force of Will
    1 Trinisphere
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Toxic Deluge
    2 Dimir Signet
    2 Sword of the Meek
    2 Transmute Artifact
    3 Thopter Foundry
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Mox Diamond

2 Island
    1 Swamp
    1 Academy Ruins
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 City of Traitors
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Underground Sea
    3 Volcanic Island
    1 Scalding Tarn
    1 Inventor's Fair

sideboard

2 Lodestone Golem
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 The Abyss
    2 Blood Moon
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Engineered Plague
    1 Chains of Mephistopheles
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Force of Will

Daretti gives the deck some much-needed interaction with the opponent's board. In addition to what kingtk3 said, Daretti's abilities also interact favorably with Sword of the Meek. Sword is one of the artifacts that you least mind sacrificing to his -1, and his +1 brings back any Swords that have been looted away with Dack or binned for various reasons (including the aforementioned -1).

Congrats on your strong finish! It's always great to see this deck doing well.

I've disliked the daretti basically in every matchup except DNT. If the defender token had flying it would have made a huge difference. Holding up black red to cast it turn 3 against delver for example is pretty brutal in the face of daze/wasteland. If you want to kill the delver you need to sack whatever Mana rock you used to turbo it out, then you get blown out by wasteland or bolt. It's definitely great against dnt, but I think abrade and ballista give you enough game against that deck to ignore how clunky the daretti is elsewhere.

Nov 2016
    Kansas

I've gone down from 2 to 1 copy of Daretti in my list, but he is insane at breaking a board stall. Late game I'm almost never disappointed to topdeck him.

I've 5-0'd my last 3 MTGO leagues with straight UB Tezz. I've always played Grixis with Dack/Daretti but decided to try UB again after seeing the list from the SCG team tournament.
    I'm still not sold on Force of Will with so few blue cards and it seems to get boarded out quite often.

I've made a few tweaks after each league, this is my most recent list:

4x Ancient Tomb
    2x City of Traitors
    2x Inventors' Fair
    1x Academy Ruins
    2x Island
    1x Swamp
    4x Polluted Delta
    2x Seat of the Synod
    1x Vault of Whispers
    1x Urborg
    2x Underground Sea

4x Mox Diamond
    2x Transmute Artifact
    2x Collective Brutality
    4x Baleful Strix
    3x Thopter FOundry
    3x Dimir Signet
    1x Talisman of Dominance
    2x Sword of the Meek
    1x Ensnaring Bridge
    1x Trinisphere
    4x Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    4x Force of Will
    1x Tezzeret, the Seeker
    4x Chalice of the Void
    2x Walking Ballista

Sideboard:
    1x Engineered Plague
    2x Toxic Deluge
    1x The Abyss
    4x Leyline of the Void
    2x Sorcerous Spyglass
    1x Ensnaring Bridge
    1x Trinisphere
    1x Helm of Obedience
    1x Lodestone Golem
    1x Witchbane Orb

Nov 2016
    Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by jpowell View Post
    I've 5-0'd my last 3 MTGO leagues with straight UB Tezz. I've always played Grixis with Dack/Daretti but decided to try UB again after seeing the list from the SCG team tournament.
    I'm still not sold on Force of Will with so few blue cards and it seems to get boarded out quite often.

I've made a few tweaks after each league, this is my most recent list:

4x Ancient Tomb
    2x City of Traitors
    2x Inventors' Fair
    1x Academy Ruins
    2x Island
    1x Swamp
    4x Polluted Delta
    2x Seat of the Synod
    1x Vault of Whispers
    1x Urborg
    2x Underground Sea

4x Mox Diamond
    2x Transmute Artifact
    2x Collective Brutality
    4x Baleful Strix
    3x Thopter FOundry
    3x Dimir Signet
    1x Talisman of Dominance
    2x Sword of the Meek
    1x Ensnaring Bridge
    1x Trinisphere
    4x Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    4x Force of Will
    1x Tezzeret, the Seeker
    4x Chalice of the Void
    2x Walking Ballista

Sideboard:
    1x Engineered Plague
    2x Toxic Deluge
    1x The Abyss
    4x Leyline of the Void
    2x Sorcerous Spyglass
    1x Ensnaring Bridge
    1x Trinisphere
    1x Helm of Obedience
    1x Lodestone Golem
    1x Witchbane Orb
    May I ask why you're playing Mox Diamonds? I feel like I only really see them in the Grixis builds or builds playing the Wasteland/Crucible combo. I really love the sideboard Witchbane Orb. Otherwise I really dig your list, and congrats on the great finishes!

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    May I ask why you're playing Mox Diamonds? I feel like I only really see them in the Grixis builds or builds playing the Wasteland/Crucible combo. I really love the sideboard Witchbane Orb. Otherwise I really dig your list, and congrats on the great finishes!

I'm very curious about this as well. I've seen a few UB lists that run diamonds before a playset of either signets or talismans. From my experience playing UB it's a little uncommon to need color fixing minus the sol land heavy draws.

Regardless it's impressive that you have done well on MTGO. I've found that everytime I play on MTGO I run into a lot of Czech Pile decks and that matchup seems close to unwinnable barring chalice on 1 resolving and staying on the board turn 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

I'm in grixis, but once upon a time I was playing straight UB with signets and talismans.
    Mox was adopted by grixis for color fixing, that is true, but after that players learnt that mox gives a nice speed boost too.

Someone could advocate that signet boosts speed too, but that happens from the turn after it comes into play, while mox gives you mana immediately. This is important in some scenarios, landing chalice@1 on turn 1 without tomb/city, needing an extra mana to play around daze in the first turns and play a 3 mana PW on turn 2 being the most relevant. UB doesn't play 3 mana PW so the benefits are a little less, but still mox holds its merits.

To be fair, this comes with the price of card disadvantage, but when you are in a hurry to hide under the bridge this is a pros instead of a cons.

If I'll come back to UB I don't know if I'll play mox, but I'll surely consider it.
    Ignorance is strength

Nov 2016
    Kansas

Looking to lock in a 75 before GP Seattle in April, and here's approximately where I'm at:

Maindeck (60 cards)

1 Academy Ruins
    4 Ancient Tomb
    1 Badlands
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1 Volcanic Island
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 City of Traitors
    2 Spire of Industry
    2 Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Swamp

4 Baleful Strix
    1 Walking Ballista
    1 Padeem, Consul of Innovation

4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Dimir Signet
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Trinisphere
    3 Thopter Foundry
    2 Sword of the Meek
    3 Mox Diamond
    1 Crucible of Worlds

2 Dack Fayden
    1 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
    1 Tezzeret the Seeker
    4 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas

2 Transmute Artifact
    3 Force of Will

Sideboard (15 cards)
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Slaughter Games
    1 Blood Moon
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Lodestone Golem
    1 Ghirapur Aether Grid
    2 Toxic Deluge
    1 Force of Will
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass

I'm looking to add 2 Wastelands, but I'm not sure how I would re-tool the manabase to accommodate them. I really like the 2 Spires of Industry in this deck, but I feel like they are the most likely candidates. I also go back and forth on Urborg in this list, but fully understand why it should be in the list. I also think my sideboard could use some work, especially in an open meta.

Thread Information