Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1369

Thread: [Deck] 8Tezz.dec - UB Tezzeret

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

Re: [Deck] 8Tezz.dec - UB Tezzeret

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    You dont have to enchant the same thing that you need to have eight copies of, am I reading this right? Enchant something that they cant Decay, go Thopter crazy, win?
    Yessir, you are reading that correctly. I should have been clearer in my post, since the card is brand spankin' new and all. You can enchant one of your durable artifact lands, make a bunch of thopters, and win before they even see combat. It presents the same kind of threat as a Tezz ultimate under those conditions, but with a much harder to answer wincon. Also, if you have someone under a bridge, you are setting up a pretty durable wincon outside of any other cards (even if it's going to take some turns.)

Look, I'm not saying that you aren't in a good board position if you are cranking out thopters. But there are an awful lot of games where when I stabilize the board, my opponent is at 20+, and unless I have the Tezz one-shot set up, it's going to take 2-3 turns of combat to get there.
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

Having a super hard time nailing my 75 with this deck. Some questions:
    (im playing grixis)

How important is the 2nd island? w/o blood moon?
    I dont play FoW, is 2 daretti + 1 explosives enough for problem permanents?

Most important one:
    How are the matchups?

I've moved into Tezzerator because of how much I dislike the BR Reanimator deck everywhere online.
    I don't really like FoW or Thopter/Sword combo, so I made use of the main deck Leyline of the Void as a nerf agent
    and win condition.
    What do you guys think of this list?

4 Baleful Strix

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Mox Diamond
    4 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
    3 Dack Fayden
    2 Dimir Signet
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Thirst for Knowledge
    2 Helm of Obedience
    2 Transmute Artifact
    1 Nether Void
    1 Crucible of Worlds

1 Academy Ruins
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Wasteland
    1 City of Traitors
    2 Island
    1 Swamp
    3 Volcanic Island
    3 Underground Sea
    3 Polluted Delta
    2 Scalding Tarn

SB: 1 Chains of Mephistopheles
    SB: 1 The Abyss
    SB: 1 Padeem, Consul of Innovation
    SB: 2 Toxic Deluge
    SB: 4 Sphere of Resistance
    SB: 1 Witchbane Orb
    SB: 2 Torpor Orb
    SB: 2 Lodestone Golem
    SB: 1 Engineered Explosives

Hello! I'm starting to build legacy deck that i have tested months in xmage (went trough almost all the top tier deck in last 5 months or so play testing) and this one has stuck with me the most. Here is the list i am currently using. no abyss or chain as those are REALLY expensive and i'm even hesitant of getting duals at first as they are whopping 350€ for UG D: (student bla bla bla poor bla bla bla finland bla bla bla)

Land (24)
    1x Academy Ruins
    4x Ancient Tomb
    1x Badlands
    2x Bloodstained Mire
    1x Darksteel Citadel
    1x Inventors' Fair
    2x Island
    1x Mountain
    4x Polluted Delta
    2x Scalding Tarn
    1x Swamp
    2x Underground Sea
    1x Volcanic Island
    1x Wasteland

Artifact (16)
    4x Chalice of the Void
    1x Crucible of Worlds
    1x Ensnaring Bridge
    2x Mox Diamond
    2x Sword of the Meek
    2x Talisman of Dominance
    1x Talisman of Indulgence
    3x Thopter Foundry

Planeswalker (10)
    2x Dack Fayden
    2x Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
    2x Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    4x Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas

Sorcery (2)
    2x Transmute Artifact

Creature (8)
    4x Baleful Strix
    3x Glint-Nest Crane
    1x Padeem, Consul of Innovation

Sideboard (15)
    2x Blood Moon
    1x Cursed Totem
    1x Damnation
    1x Engineered Plague
    1x Ensnaring Bridge
    1x Helm of Obedience
    4x Leyline of the Void
    1x Padeem, Consul of Innovation
    2x Pithing Needle
    1x Trinisphere

Any toughts and comments and tips :3

bruizar

I wanted to talk about Metallic Mimic.

Metallic Mimic combos with Animation Module in a similar fashion as Thopter Foundry and Sword of the Meek. However, it also combos brilliantly with Glen Elendra Archmage. For that reason, I've been thinking this could be slotted into UB Tezzeret.

The mana cost should not be a problem since Padeem, Consul of Innovation, Thopter Foundry and Sword of the Meek are played.

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    I wanted to talk about Metallic Mimic.

Metallic Mimic combos with Animation Module in a similar fashion as Thopter Foundry and Sword of the Meek. However, it also combos brilliantly with Glen Elendra Archmage. For that reason, I've been thinking this could be slotted into UB Tezzeret.

The mana cost should not be a problem since Padeem, Consul of Innovation, Thopter Foundry and Sword of the Meek are played.
    Mimic only combos with Animation Module if you have a way of making a Servo / applying a +1/+1 counter each turn to start the chain, unless you want to pay 3 mana every turn to get it started. It also means your combo pieces are vulnerable to Swords, Terminus, Chalice@1, Deathrite and Lightning Bolt (and now Push). Remember that Glen Elendra Archmage really costs 5 mana not 4, since you'd need to hold up a blue source to get anything out of her.

Overall Foundry combo only really needs Foundry out.

Sword can be also in the graveyard which means you can always Transmute it into whatever you need with 0 impact to your board state
    Last edited by Poron; 01-18-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    Overall Foundry combo only really needs Foundry out.

Sword can be also in the graveyard which means you can always Transmute it into whatever you need with 0 impact to your board state
    This. Foundry is alright on its own, at the very least having a foundry and a couple of artifacts means someone needs to think twice before attacking with a Pyromancer or a delver or whatever.

Sword also has a ton of synergy with Dack and new Daretti since having it in the graveyard isn't a problem. It also triggers when you play a Baleful Strix, which is pretty nice.

I don't know what you could possibly cut out of the deck to put in Metallic Mimic and Animation Module, the deck is already pretty tight between mana rocks and planeswalkers and thopter/sword. I guess you could play that other combo in place of thopter sword but that just seems strictly worse.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeron View Post
    This. Foundry is alright on its own, at the very least having a foundry and a couple of artifacts means someone needs to think twice before attacking with a Pyromancer or a delver or whatever.

Sword also has a ton of synergy with Dack and new Daretti since having it in the graveyard isn't a problem. It also triggers when you play a Baleful Strix, which is pretty nice.

I don't know what you could possibly cut out of the deck to put in Metallic Mimic and Animation Module, the deck is already pretty tight between mana rocks and planeswalkers and thopter/sword. I guess you could play that other combo in place of thopter sword but that just seems strictly worse.
    Well, not strictly worst, just different. I understand all these points for thopter foundry and sword of the meek, but it seems like people are glancing over what the new combo offers. Glen Elendra Archmage shuts down all removal spells, combo and burn (Price of Progress being the big one here) and blocks creatures, including delver of secrets without dying. It is essentially a chalice of the void on steroids. Animation Module is shut off by Chalice of the Void for 1 but you play transmute artifact so that's not a real issue. I think the main reason not to run it in tezz is because not enough creatures come into play with a +1/+1 counter on it. If cards like Hangarback Walker, Steel Overseer and Arcbound Ravager would be in the deck, it would be a different story. I do think that the Glen Elendra combo is powerful enough to test it (Perhaps multiple Glen Elendra's and a singleton Mimic/Module).

Glen-Elendra Archmage gets wrecked by Deathrite Shaman though. I certainly don't want to stifle innovation or anything, but DRS is the most played creature in the format by a longshot, so any slow grindy combo that gets neutered by it is kinda a non-starter in my eyes. Getting Glen-Elendra and metallic mimic together in time against combo also seems iffy, since you'd need mana acceleration and you'd pretty much have to play 4 GEA to have a chance of finding one in time against combo since the deck doesn't have any cantrips (other than Dack looting). Against burn, I'd rather have Thopter Sword because it's faster to put together and it gains you life.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeron View Post
    Glen-Elendra Archmage gets wrecked by Deathrite Shaman though. I certainly don't want to stifle innovation or anything, but DRS is the most played creature in the format by a longshot, so any slow grindy combo that gets neutered by it is kinda a non-starter in my eyes. Getting Glen-Elendra and metallic mimic together in time against combo also seems iffy, since you'd need mana acceleration and you'd pretty much have to play 4 GEA to have a chance of finding one in time against combo since the deck doesn't have any cantrips (other than Dack looting). Against burn, I'd rather have Thopter Sword because it's faster to put together and it gains you life.
    That's fair. However, this can be resolved with the usual suspect Pithing Needle. I suspect that it largely depends unpon whether your meta plays a lot of hate like that. It's still a somewhat potent idea to have somewhere in the deck, though.

If you want to counter spells every turn run null brooch. Combos with bridge as well.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Extreme long time lurker, just finally decided to get around to signing up. Its been quite some time since anyone mentioned a white splash, and I figured I would share a list I've been having success with. To be clear, I'm not looking at white as a 3rd color, but rather as a 4th color. The greed is real. It started simply as me adding a tundra so I could support containment priests in the sideboard because sneak and show is miserable. It sort of morphed into a much different animal from there.

Lands 24

Academy Ruins x1
    Ancient Tomb x4
    Badlands x1
    Island x2
    Polluted Delta x4
    Scalding Tarn x2
    Swamp x1
    Tundra x1
    Underground Sea x3
    Volcanic Island x2
    Wasteland x3

Artifacts 22

Chalice of the Void x4
    Mox Diamond x4
    Thopter Foundry x4
    Baleful Strix x4
    Sword of the Meek x3
    Dimir Signet x2
    Ensnaring Bridge x1

Planeswalkers 8

Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas x4
    Dack Fayden x4

Spells 6

Force of Will x4
    Transmute Artifact x2

Sideboard 15

Leyline of the Void x4
    The Abyss x2
    Toxic Deluge x2
    Vindicate x2
    Breya, Etherium Shaper x1
    Ethersworn Canonist x2
    Helm Of Obedience x1
    Ensnaring Bridge x1

My general musings/findings have been that the canonists have been great. Have had a much easier time resolving them against combo than I ever did Lodestone Golem. Also, transmuting extraneous chalices and mana rocks for them is much easier than going up to lodestone in the early game when you really want it. Initially I was running two containment priests, but they were proving too unrelieable unless I played 3. At that point it was simply too much space to dedicate to them.

The spice has been the vindicates. They replaced 2 copies of new Daretti, and I haven't looked back. I was finding too many games where i'd get only 1 activation out of the daretti anyway, so the flexibility of vindicate was welcomed. I no longer feel miles behind an opponent that resolves a sylvan library or a jace. The loss of life from Anguished Unmaking proved too problematic in a deck with tombs and fetches to want the instant speed upgrade. Breya hasnt been anything special, but i've liked that shes both a blue card for force, and a transmute target for the combo matchups.

Moving forward, I would maybe consider adding another tundra and removing the badlands to support a supreme verdict if these TNN decks keep prospering. I'm still getting steamrolled by Sneak and Show and Burn, but the vindicates have helped with my DNT matchup. If anyone is looking to shake up their deck a bit, give it a shot. I'm also all ears for any potential cards i could be overlooking. Cheers.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Isn't there some creature that's has "1BW+ Tap: Vindicate"? I think it's from Shards or something.

I think if you want to improve Sneak and Show, the easiest way is to play more Bridges, and just play Humility and Enlightened Tutor. Humility plays well with Thopter Foundry, and Tezz's +1.

Edit: I was thinking of Ethersworn Adjudicator. Still seems okay ;)

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Isn't there some creature that's has "1BW+ Tap: Vindicate"? I think it's from Shards or something.

I think if you want to improve Sneak and Show, the easiest way is to play more Bridges, and just play Humility and Enlightened Tutor. Humility plays well with Thopter Foundry, and Tezz's +1.

Edit: I was thinking of Ethersworn Adjudicator. Still seems okay ;)
    The adjudicator is pretty sweet, but unfortunately a huge mana sink.

Humility is definitely interesting. Has value against Eldrazi/dnt too. Ill probably bump the badlands for a 2nd tundra and give it a shot in the board.

I agree with Matt, if you're having trouble with Sneak, just play more Ensnaring Bridge. It does everything the deck wants vs that and many other MUs. You should have 4 Leyline for any GY hate so Priest seems unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by EunB View Post
    I agree with Matt, if you're having trouble with Sneak, just play more Ensnaring Bridge. It does everything the deck wants vs that and many other MUs. You should have 4 Leyline for any GY hate so Priest seems unnecessary.
    Bridge is great but SnS has 4 Griselbrand that will let him 14 on the spot to find his removal.

Without a Padeem I wouldn't rely on it too much

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    Bridge is great but SnS has 4 Griselbrand that will let him 14 on the spot to find his removal.

Without a Padeem I wouldn't rely on it too much
    Show and ape stock lists don't really run non-creature removal. Usually only run 1 echoing truth or 1 wipeaway for removal post board.
    Tusk Up

I play 4 Bridge and have since TKS gained traction, I'm at least 10-0 vs. Sneak and Show in comp REL matches since then. That deck is a bye with Tezzeret. Eldrazi can always nut you if you are on the draw but I dont ever recall losing against it with 4 Bridge Tezz.

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    I play 4 Bridge and have since TKS gained traction, I'm at least 10-0 vs. Sneak and Show in comp REL matches since then. That deck is a bye with Tezzeret. Eldrazi can always nut you if you are on the draw but I dont ever recall losing against it with 4 Bridge Tezz.

How many other matchups are you keeping the 4 bridges in against post board? I'm definitely skimping on them by only running 2 in the 75, but felt like i was boarding some number of them out all the time when i ran 4.

Thread Information