Page 209 of 382 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 7635

Thread: [Primer] Elves!

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [DTB] Elves!

Quote Originally Posted by jim111589 View Post
    A little off topic but does anyone have any interesting alerts for elves? I was thinking about getting lederhosen on craterhoof so i can "das hoof" or do most people to iffy in their lgs with alters?
    Lederhosen are only a cultural thing in one of the 16 staates of germany, so I'm always a bit irritated with the appeal of Lederhosen (even if I'm from said staate and own a Lederhosen :P). It would be "Der Hoof" then.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    It would be "Der Hoof" then.
    And that's why I dropped German as soon as I could, lol. Silly der-die-das.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

And that's why I dropped German as soon as I could, lol. Silly der-die-das.
    Can't blame you, my friend. There isn't even a pattern to learn this. It's basically the languages bitch-test. :P
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Dec 2013

Can't blame you, my friend. There isn't even a pattern to learn this. It's basically the languages bitch-test. :P
    Same goes for Dutch though. I have a colleague for whom Dutch isn't his original language and even though he's been living here for 20 years or so he still has the hardest time with the Dutch der-die-das-variants (de-het-een, die-dat-deze). Why don't we all just stick to English? Lol.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

The Mom of a friend of mine who's been living in Germany for several decades still uses the female article when referring to her son.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Kronicler View Post
    All I know is that he was X-2 going into the final round and that he did not top 8. He was a really nice guy - I was definitely hoping he would top 8 after he beat me. Alas, there was even a player at X-1-1 that didn't make it.
    Yeah, Jim Davis got inched out and landed in ninth. Not sure if that's whom you're referring to or if there were multiple X-1-1 players who didn't make it, but that's a brutal cut. The commentators were saying that the turnout was only a couple of people shy of adding another round. I'm not seeing Mr. Slaughter Games in the Top 16, so his breakers must not have been good enough. Pity.

On the other hand, there's an Elves player who finished in 14th place who ran maindeck Thousand-Year Elixir, Ezuri, and Elvish Archdruid, along with Leyline of Vitality, Hornet Queen, and Primal Command in the board. Spicy!

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    Yeah, Jim Davis got inched out and landed in ninth. Not sure if that's whom you're referring to or if there were multiple X-1-1 players who didn't make it, but that's a brutal cut. The commentators were saying that the turnout was only a couple of people shy of adding another round. I'm not seeing Mr. Slaughter Games in the Top 16, so his breakers must not have been good enough. Pity.

On the other hand, there's an Elves player who finished in 14th place who ran maindeck Thousand-Year Elixir, Ezuri, and Elvish Archdruid, along with Leyline of Vitality, Hornet Queen, and Primal Command in the board. Spicy!
    I don't know where people find the space to run that much junk and what kind of opponents they played to not get punished running stuff like that

Join us at Facebook!

Has anyone tested zealous persecution? It's good on mirror, ur delver and maybe in response to golgari charm.

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by apon View Post
    Has anyone tested zealous persecution? It's good on mirror, ur delver and maybe in response to golgari charm.
    It doesn't help with our problem MU's, doesn't kill Insectile Aberrations, forces you to splash white and you can't GSZ/NO for it.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I haven't because the color combination is fucking ugly to support

Join us at Facebook!

Jun 2014
    Bloomington, Mn

I'll be playing at the SCG Open this weekend. This will be my first 30+ person tournament. Now I know the local meta I have come across isn't going to indicate what I'm going to deal with on Sunday (quite a bit of Prison decks going around and Infect is rising), I was wondering if anyone had insight to any changes I should make for the SCG meta?

It's not too far off of Julian's and it also is the greedy 61.

Creature (30)
    2x Birchlore Rangers
    2x Craterhoof Behemoth
    4x Deathrite Shaman
    4x Elvish Visionary
    3x Heritage Druid
    3x Nettle Sentinel
    4x Quirion Ranger
    1x Reclamation Sage
    1x Ruric Thar, the Unbowed
    1x Scavenging Ooze
    4x Wirewood Symbiote
    1x Wren's Run Packmaster

Land (20)
    2x Bayou
    2x Dryad Arbor
    3x Forest
    4x Gaea's Cradle
    1x Taiga
    4x Windswept Heath
    4x Wooded Foothills

Sorcery (11)
    4x Glimpse of Nature
    4x Green Sun's Zenith
    3x Natural Order

Sideboard (15)
    3x Abrupt Decay
    2x Cabal Therapy
    1x Natural Order
    1x Null Rod
    2x Pithing Needle
    1x Progenitus
    1x Reclamation Sage
    3x Thoughtseize
    1x Worldspine Wurm

I've been playtesting as much as I can (used http://metadeck.me to print off a bunch of lists). Ruric Thar has been nice in the Burn, UR, Infect match ups, still clunky in others. WRP is never leaving my MD.

One thing I have been mulling over is the Melira in the SB. Infect seems to be coming out of the woodwork around here. In the last week I've run into 3 people that are going to play in their first Legacy tournament this weekend, all running Infect.

I haven't because the color combination is fucking ugly to support
    Also works in one of our worst MU's : UG infect

playing 2 bayou and 1 savannah should be enough. UG infect and UR delver doesn't play wasteland. same in the mirror.

I'm not going to play it, but depending on the meta, could be interesting.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I still have the urge to cut Nettle/Heritage from this deck for Crop Rotations :/

Also works in one of our worst MU's : UG infect

playing 2 bayou and 1 savannah should be enough. UG infect and UR delver doesn't play wasteland. same in the mirror.

I'm not going to play it, but depending on the meta, could be interesting.
    You have to pray you have 2 Fetches in hand

Join us at Facebook!

May 2011
    Canada

I still have the urge to cut Nettle/Heritage from this deck for Crop Rotations :/
    To run Karakas / Bojuka Bog?

You have to pray you have 2 Fetches in hand

2 lands from 12 (9 fetchs, 2 bayou, savanna) or 1 land + deathrite.

I thought about crop rotation for searching karakas, cradle or glacial chasm. But reducing number of creatures makes glimplse weaker.

May 2011
    Canada

May as well share here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthObiwan View Post
    I'll be playing at the SCG Open this weekend. This will be my first 30+ person tournament. Now I know the local meta I have come across isn't going to indicate what I'm going to deal with on Sunday (quite a bit of Prison decks going around and Infect is rising), I was wondering if anyone had insight to any changes I should make for the SCG meta?

It's not too far off of Julian's and it also is the greedy 61.

Creature (30)
    2x Birchlore Rangers
    2x Craterhoof Behemoth
    4x Deathrite Shaman
    4x Elvish Visionary
    3x Heritage Druid
    3x Nettle Sentinel
    4x Quirion Ranger
    1x Reclamation Sage
    1x Ruric Thar, the Unbowed
    1x Scavenging Ooze
    4x Wirewood Symbiote
    1x Wren's Run Packmaster

Land (20)
    2x Bayou
    2x Dryad Arbor
    3x Forest
    4x Gaea's Cradle
    1x Taiga
    4x Windswept Heath
    4x Wooded Foothills

Sorcery (11)
    4x Glimpse of Nature
    4x Green Sun's Zenith
    3x Natural Order

Sideboard (15)
    3x Abrupt Decay
    2x Cabal Therapy
    1x Natural Order
    1x Null Rod
    2x Pithing Needle
    1x Progenitus
    1x Reclamation Sage
    3x Thoughtseize
    1x Worldspine Wurm

I've been playtesting as much as I can (used http://metadeck.me to print off a bunch of lists). Ruric Thar has been nice in the Burn, UR, Infect match ups, still clunky in others. WRP is never leaving my MD.

One thing I have been mulling over is the Melira in the SB. Infect seems to be coming out of the woodwork around here. In the last week I've run into 3 people that are going to play in their first Legacy tournament this weekend, all running Infect.
    My main deck is exactly the same as yours except I run 19 lands with an added llanowar elf and no ruric thar so it's 60. I've actually considered dropping the 2nd hoof for a MD ruric thar because the times when I need to NO->hoof to win but my hoof is in my hand with no way to hard cast it is extremely rare where as I feel like Ruric thar might be useful. That or elder scale wurm for the random wins.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Krasman View Post
    White Boardered Beauty
    You seriously need white sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Krasman View Post
    To run Karakas / Bojuka Bog?
    Mainly to have 8 Cradles for faster and nastier NOs/GSZs/SylvanMessenger/whatever, but Karakas/Bog are sure in the back of my head. I don't have a problem with Glimpse here as I basically cutted the whole combo-mode with Nettle/Heritage regardless, but am fine with Glimpse drawing 2-3 cards instead of the whole Library. It's not that I opt to Glimpse with less than 2 creatures in hand anyways.

Join us at Facebook!

May 2011
    Canada

You seriously need white sleeves.

Mainly to have 8 Cradles for faster and nastier NOs/GSZs/SylvanMessenger/whatever, but Karakas/Bog are sure in the back of my head. I don't have a problem with Glimpse here as I basically cutted the whole combo-mode with Nettle/Heritage regardless, but am fine with Glimpse drawing 2-3 cards instead of the whole Library. It's not that I opt to Glimpse with less than 2 creatures in hand anyways.
    I suppose I could get a white set of dragon shields and see what they look like, cards might really pop.

Sylvan Messenger is an old goodie; do you have a list?

Dec 2013

4 mana seems like a lot for what often'll be a "draw 2" (looking at the number of actual elves, already far below 30, we play at this point).

Sure, it's good friends with mr. Symbiote, but it also disposes of the Crop Rotations you'd like to add to the deck and the GSZ's and NO's we want to the game.

Thread Information