Page 175 of 382 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 7635

Thread: [Primer] Elves!

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: [Deck] Elves!

That's mostly the reason I was willing to let the topic just fade away. Because it offers no real tangible benefits over the Magical Christmas Land idea of setting up the perfect lock that only really serves to eat up better used slots. It would not have taken long for that to be worked out without any external input.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

That Stasis deck looks like "Hm, how can I tick Lemnear off... OH NOW I KNOW, THIS IS BRILLIANT". Still, testing completely crazy things should be done every now and then, environments and decks change over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Wait! I'm off for one day and you decided that Elves should no longer be an aggro-combo but an aggro-combo-control deck and you want to support an UU enchantment among Arbors and Cradles? For what reason you want to torture the manabase and the decks already variable gameplan here?

P.S.: Reminds me why I usually have my thumb on the TES discussion unless people can argue for their ideas :/
    Yup, why not. And Stasis only costs 1U.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    That Stasis deck looks like "Hm, how can I tick Lemnear off... OH NOW I KNOW, THIS IS BRILLIANT". Still, testing completely crazy things should be done every now and then, environments and decks change over time.
    I aim to please!

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I'm with you, but the point is that the testing of the idea was not done aka before anyone had any idea of if the tech even makes sense, there was discussion about the list and secondary card choices which is strange.

Edit: for me that idea reads like MB Dark Confidant in TES ;D
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

What do you think about using Pattern of Rebirth for masive removal as golgary charm or toxic deluge?

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by carlitines View Post
    What do you think about using Pattern of Rebirth for masive removal as golgary charm or toxic deluge?
    The charm is an instant, which means they can kill your creatures as a response to you casting it (as can any spotremoval). In this case you rather just feed your creature to NO for Progenitus and laugh at the charm rather then try to Pattern your creature.

The Deluge is a sorcery, so you don't have that problem there. But again - the decks playing that card will have spotremoval. If you want to keep something after a sweeper, go for the Packmaster.

Also, it doesn't help us one bit against Terminus where the Packmaster does.

Jul 2010

The charm is an instant, which means they can kill your creatures as a response to you casting it (as can any spotremoval). In this case you rather just feed your creature to NO for Progenitus and laugh at the charm rather then try to Pattern your creature.

The Deluge is a sorcery, so you don't have that problem there. But again - the decks playing that card will have spotremoval. If you want to keep something after a sweeper, go for the Packmaster.

Also, it doesn't help us one bit against Terminus where the Packmaster does.
    Yeah NO and Packmaster are just way better. Besides, casting Pattern is expensive. For it to be really good you want a Carrion Feeder or Nantuko Husk or the like on the board, and at that point we're playing a different deck entirely, one that looks a lot more like Junk or Nic Fit than Elves. (Which in the current meta may not be a bad thing at all)
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Dec 2013

Yeah NO and Packmaster are just way better. Besides, casting Pattern is expensive. For it to be really good you want a Carrion Feeder or Nantuko Husk or the like on the board, and at that point we're playing a different deck entirely, one that looks a lot more like Junk or Nic Fit than Elves. (Which in the current meta may not be a bad thing at all)
    I do still have a casual deck running StP, Cabal Therapy, Pernicious Deed, and Summoner's Egg with Fierce Empaths instead of Pattern. It also makes Diabolic Intent pretty good. And Bloodthrone Vampire makes Symbiotic Wurm incredibly funny from time to time. But that deck hasn't got anything to do with this . Would be funny as hell to take it to a local Legacy tournament some time.

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    In regards to Elves, this one should be in the OP's section of Archetype-relevant articles
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Dec 2013

In regards to Elves, this one should be in the OP's section of Archetype-relevant articles
    I lol'd

Dedicating 2 SB slots to Miracles ( Besides Null Rod/ Pithing needle which are already there)

Torn between:

2x WRP
    2x Xenagos
    2x Choke
    2x Bitterblossom.

Rest of SB is 3x Thoughtsieze 3x Cabal Therapy, 3x Abrupt Decay, NO, PRO, Needle, Null Rod.

Was experimenting with Swan Song lately, in Storm or Sneak metas, I have like it a lot

Jul 2010

2 WRP is too much IMO. I like Blossom myself, it's a reallys weet card. Cheap, provides constant pressure.
    (On Innistrad)

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

WRP is not something you sideboard as it's impact is too little. It's just an overall good card that helps a lot in the grindy matchups. To me, Miracle is not a grindy matchup but one that is decided by strategic superiority. WRP doesn't help much with that, but Bitterblossom and Pithing Needle do.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Jul 2010

Blossom makes their EEs really awkward which is ace. Do they wrath your tokens, your 1-drops or the Blossom. Basically every choice is painful. Killing Blossom does nothing to your board presence, while nuking dudes just leaves Blossom to make new ones and supercharge any Cradle you have on board. It's so nice to be able to cast big Zeniths basically on the back of Bitterblossom.

Because of the above Iif you run Blossom you should probably run Needle instead of Null Rod, IMO. Null Rod is good because it shuts down both Top AND EE for your dudes, but Blossom already does work in that department and Needle is useful in other hard matchups like Show and Tell, and can attack Jace Brainstorms => Terminus back into deck type lines.
    (On Innistrad)

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

Today's a sad day.
    I finally made my choice of deck for GP New Jersey, and unfortunately, after long debate and some roughing, Elves didn't make the cut.
    Testing begins tomorrow.

I still love you German Elves.
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

What was your reasoning for going against Elves?

Sep 2012
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Kayradis View Post
    Today's a sad day.
    I finally made my choice of deck for GP New Jersey, and unfortunately, after long debate and some roughing, Elves didn't make the cut.
    Testing begins tomorrow.

I still love you German Elves.
    Referring to the one in November? I'm still thinking over my options, with Elves at the top though.

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

It was a hard choice. But I think I made the right one
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

The Enchanter
    Mar 2012
    Council Bluffs, IA

Quote Originally Posted by Kayradis View Post
    It was a hard choice. But I think I made the right one
    It's a long way till November.. A lot can change (well 1 new set anyway)

Thread Information