Page 225 of 382 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 7635

Thread: [Primer] Elves!

Official TPS Decklist Counter

Jan 2008
    Connecticut

Re: [DTB] Elves!

Why would you consider a deck that is such a small portion of the field? Also, your assertion that you auto-lose to them without Sage is wrong. I'd say that most of the games you lose to them are games in which Sage would do nothing since they either win or lock you out of casting spells very quickly.

The last time I played against Metalworker my opp was on the play game 1 and curved Chalice on 1-Trinisphere with T4 Forgemaster holding Lightning Greaves. He didn't take a fifth turn. I cast a Zenith that likely could've found Rec Sage but it was irrelevant, any elf was good enough with Natural Order.
    No Excuses, Play Like a Champion

Other than discard, what are good ways for us to deal with direct damage (e.g., Lightning Bolt, Mogg Fanatic, and the like)?

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

I can't remember the last time Mogg Fanatic was a relevant card. But could you be more specific? Do you mean Burn decks that are all direct damage? Or the occasional Bolt out of a Delver/Jund deck?

When in doubt..

Quote Originally Posted by theross View Post
    Just kill them.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

Sorry, didn't mean to suggest that Mogg Fanatic was relevant. I should have picked something else that does direct damage as an ability.

I don't know what we do against burn other than try to win the race. And, I assume we just suck up the occasional lightning bolt from U/R Delver. That said, I'd still like to get a sense of what strategies we consider when dealing with direct damage.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by henweigh View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean to suggest that Mogg Fanatic was relevant. I should have picked something else that does direct damage as an ability.

I don't know what we do against burn other than try to win the race. And, I assume we just suck up the occasional lightning bolt from U/R Delver. That said, I'd still like to get a sense of what strategies we consider when dealing with direct damage.
    Burn can't refuel. We can. If they kill our stuff, so much the better.
    If they try to race, our fundamental turn is faster.
    If they're halfhearted, DRS and maybe Ooze get online and start gaining that delicious life.
    We should have a positive matchup.

UR Delver, just kill them. Half their deck is cantrips, NO=>Prog presents them with a threat they just can't deal with. Act like a combo deck with an aggro fallback, not a midrange deck with some oops I kill you buttons. It's also about attitude, not only build.
    If you run Ruric, he's excellent against both Burn and UR Delver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Oct 2012
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie
    Burn can't refuel. We can. If they kill our stuff, so much the better.
    If they try to race, our fundamental turn is faster.
    If they're halfhearted, DRS and maybe Ooze get online and start gaining that delicious life.
    We should have a positive matchup.
    The problem is that they can both race and disrupt us at the same time in several ways :
    - play goblin guide and kill elves clearing the way for it
    - kill elves with lavamancer while pointing burn spells to the face
    - cast searing blaze and searing blood that by definition race while disrupting
    - cast eidolon of the great revel that can sometimes be a huge problem

Don't get me wrong, i think elves are favoured, but not by a lot because all the things i listed are very real. Just don't underestimate burn , play tight and you should win.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoCop 90 View Post
    The problem is that they can both race and disrupt us at the same time in several ways :
    - play goblin guide and kill elves clearing the way for it
    - kill elves with lavamancer while pointing burn spells to the face
    - cast searing blaze and searing blood that by definition race while disrupting
    - cast eidolon of the great revel that can sometimes be a huge problem

Don't get me wrong, i think elves are favoured, but not by a lot because all the things i listed are very real. Just don't underestimate burn , play tight and you should win.
    This was what I wish I had written. If we had extra slots in our sideboard, what would we put in to address this?

This was what I wish I had written. If we had extra slots in our sideboard, what would we put in to address this?
    I'd probably spend them on something else. I usually don't mind ruric thar as they tend to be unable to remove him profitably if hoof isn't killing them and he has applications in other matchups, but even that is not necessary. I am happy with some number of decay, sometimes needle as well depending on what I see. I think progenitus is just ok since they can go wide and I would rather have ruric most of the time.

I think some people like cabal therapies in the matchup, but I have never bothered and always felt fine with this matchup, but I've also had ruric thar in this matchup. YMMV.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

The standard stuff should do fine - Needles, Decays, Ruric, the like. You don't need anything especially for Burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Maybe I should work on a Burn.deck rap next...
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

YESSSSSSS.

Use this song as your template.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    The standard stuff should do fine - Needles, Decays, Ruric, the like. You don't need anything especially for Burn.
    Indeed, but few times i was staring at eidelon with glypse and bunch of elves in my hand and feel regret that i doesn't bring couple of decays ...
    But still... 80% games against burn you win

recently fixed the artwork on the newest member of the elves family.

Quote Originally Posted by bigup View Post

recently fixed the artwork on the newest member of the elves family.
    Wow how did you do this? It's amazing

bigup how much do you want for that or a similar replica of that? Seriously, that's GORGEOUS.

pm me with a quote if you don't feel comfortable discussing it on here.

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

Super gorgeous. And awesome work.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by AznSeal View Post
    Wow how did you do this? It's amazing
    Take the Promo Sage and a foil M25 Reclamation Sage, remove the FOIL layer of the M15 one, cut out the picture Box, Glue the foil layer on the GP Sage, be an outstanding magic with Paint and Brush, add a few cut-out foil layers from other cards (the butterflies in this example) and amaze your crowd.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Take the Promo Sage and a foil M25 Reclamation Sage, remove the FOIL layer of the M15 one, cut out the picture Box, Glue the foil layer on the GP Sage, be an outstanding magic with Paint and Brush, add a few cut-out foil layers from other cards (the butterflies in this example) and amaze your crowd.
    Assuming its not tournament legal if that is the case?

Depends on the judge. Always have a backup copy of something you are sure will be legal.

Jun 2007
    France

Julian live vs Lands @SCG right now !

Thread Information