Page 248 of 382 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 7635

Thread: [Primer] Elves!

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Re: [Deck] Elves!

Hey guys, I posted a small report of my performance with Elves at last weekend's Milano Eternal (178 players).

It includes a short recap of interesting situations, some pictures of the event and my thoughts on sideboarding.

You can find it on http://itsjulian.com/

@Lans89: I did, but didn't get to reply yet. You're not the only one messaging me about that ;-) We'll be renting a 3-person room in the Melia Aurelia Antica, where the event is taking place.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Sep 2013
    Under hill.

Re: [DTB] Elves!

Hey, we're back!!! Decks to beat is right where we should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_of_Rivendell View Post
    Hey, we're back!!! Decks to beat is right where we should be.
    Ah beat me to it! I love this deck and so excited that we are back in business baby!

lets be honest, we never really left.

;)

Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Streaming the Legacy Daily Event with #Elves! Join us over at twitch.tv/itsJulian ! :-)

We're trying out a Tasigur in the sideboard today. Woohoooooo!
    4. Stifle Standstill.

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

And how was tasiguy?
    I do think is good but people here disagree.
    The effect is used usualy? If not may be gurmag angler is better. Big body for low investment ib grindy games.

Hey everyone. It's been busy on my end, but my Intro to Legacy podcast: Legacy Weapon, just posted an Elves! deck tech.

I'd love feedback. This is episode 4 of our show, and this is our first deck tech (started with the best). I think going forward, now that we have introduced the audience to Legacy in general, I think deck techs will be the backbone of the show and I want to get the balance right on accessible but not boring.

Our niche is introducing new people to the format. Because of that I couldn't go nearly as deep or fast as I wanted.

http://mtgcast.com/mtgcast-podcast-s...tural-habitats

we are also on iTunes and have an rss if you are fancy.

Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Streaming the Legacy Daily Event with #Elves! Tune in at twitch.tv/itsJulian

We just lost round 1 to Miracles! Amazing!

4. Stifle Standstill.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

To actual Miracles. Terminus into Entreat. That was one lucky SOB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Dec 2013
    France

Ok , guys i love you ^^,

Come back from a tournament with a CDF (Legacy france cup) place for the winner + a toundra.

5 rounds:
    1 : vs infect 2-1, slow start for me and him only playing 2 hierarch and FOW my glimpse. Turn 4 went for N.O and a lethal Craterhoof, next. Open a hand with 2 shaman, 2 symbiote, fetch, dryad, NO; he played a Glistener Elf, i played shaman, he dazed it, attack for 1 poison. Played a second shaman which take a fow and put the dryad. He attacked, no block forgot dryad :'(, double invigorate; ok next. He mull to 5, and i kept a really nice and with pithing and a possible turn two win, played turn 2 pithing and win the turn later, he only got nexus and waste so gg.
    2 : vs Smallpox land, my nemesis (the last time we played, he just win with doing nothing :( ) ok let's go. Turn one small pox (ahhhhhhh) 2 tun later i got 2 shaman, 1 elfe, 2 symbiote. He tried to entomb punishing fire and return it 2 times and said no 2 times (it felt so good) and went for the win a turn. I side in surgical, turn 1 fecth go, me bayou sentinel go , waste go, fecth attack and go, smallpox (arg) i went for dryad and sac as crea so i kept sentinel, next turn he tried to exhume Ashen Rider but i got a surgical in hand, after so trix with symbiote/visionary = NO for the win.
    3 : BUG delver, went to 2 life with 2 tarmo and 1 delver flip, hardcast craterhoof for the win. Game to decay a flip delver, he marshal casualties 2 times without the kick (no enough land), top deck ooze and got an 9/9 ooze, he couldn't do anything.
    4: RUW Delver. Mull the 2 first hand with just a cradle, the next with no land ok so 4 cards = no land. i kept it and went to top deck mod after 3 turns i got a land but he daze or bolt or sword every crea; ok next. Decay delver, but he fow packmaster. He put 1 Meddling Mage on NO, 1 ethersworn canonist and 1 Stoneforge Mystic and went for jitte which eat a decay. I top deck ooze and again a 9/9, he didn't see any sword :). I minded trick him with saying "Meddling Mage on NO was the best thing since i could ve win next turn" but i sided out the 3 NO. Game three, Meddling Mage on NO (mouhahha) went for GSZ for symbiote and for 3 turn multiple symbiote and visionary = best friends, i got to much cards avantage and went with a GSZ craterhoof for the win. If he named GSZ with meddling mage the game 2 and 3, it was a lost for me i think.
    5 : BUG delver (again), went to 6 life with double shaman and 2 tarmo but he got a manadeath, i did block with visionary even with symbiote on the table, i wanted to go NO the next turn, NO craterhoof = next game. Next He block me for some turn with decay and counter. i developed my board with a glimpse decay his shaman and slam a choke, living him with a fecth untap. GSZ for craterhoof next turn.

So i win for the first time a legacy event (a tundra + a qualification for the CDF). It's my 2 tournaments in legacy :) Elves for the win.

Ps: sorry for my english, i'm tired, this deck take a lot of stamina.

Thanks a lot Julian, i watched all your videos and reporst. I builded a sideboarding note with all of this. So thanks you really much :D
    Last edited by chewemy; 03-29-2015 at 04:05 PM.
    Legacy:
    Elves
    Reanimator
    Sneak Show
    Infect

Jul 2011
    Germany

@chewemy: Gratz!

-----------------

I played Elves yesterday at our local store (27 players, 5 rounds) - after a bad start, the deck was warmed up and i finally get the 7th place and a small price.

Matchups:

R1 vs Goblins 1:1 (not the worst matchup, but a new player - he was very slow...and my deck also durdles around the 2nd game...)

R2 vs Aggro Loam 1:2 (3 Games he leds with Chalice...G3 he totally destroyed me with additional PFire and Wastes..my hand has a turn 3 NO Win but wasn't able to beat his start..)

R3 vs D & T 2:1 (thx God - i really lost G1..but after that strange moment, the decks performed well enough for the rest of the tournament)

R4 vs RUG 2:0 (i like this matchup, very interactive and afterall not so bad for elves)

R5 vs Shardless BUG 2:0 (i feared to see miracle in the finals, because thx to round 1 i was at the draw bracket, but god send me Shardless^^)

3 : 1 : 1 - felt ok after the annoying start...

My Maindeck was the same grindy stuff as always, but the sideboard get a newcomer: 1 Tasigur

Sadly i not see him vs Aggro Loam (he would have been nice vs Chalice & PFire..) and don't draw (and needed) him vs RUG - afterall i think i will test a 2nd Ooze (1 Main) over Tasigur, because both cover the same matchups and can shine in a lot of comparable situations.

---------

Good News: After over a half year without Progenitus, i never missed him - i won all my D&T matchups without the hydra even after the get Judgment and Priest.

---------

I'll keep my fingers crossed, we see a tutorable and usable Nissa at Magic Origins.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

Dec 2013
    France

Quick question guys,

I play against Sneak&Show, after side, he brought in Massacre Wurm. That card destroyed me after each show and tell, killing 4-6 creatures.
    How do i play around this ? do i sideboard in ooze ?

Thanks
    Legacy:
    Elves
    Reanimator
    Sneak Show
    Infect

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by chewemy View Post
    Quick question guys,

I play against Sneak&Show, after side, he brought in Massacre Wurm. That card destroyed me after each show and tell, killing 4-6 creatures.
    How do i play around this ? do i sideboard in ooze ?

Thanks
    Lol. If the deck that already is favored wants to go ahead and bring in more ways to deal with you, you are just going to lose. Honestly, if show and tell gets cast, it doesn't matter what he brings in as you should pretty much die to whatever it is
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Small report from Top Deck Games in Haddon, NJ, USA:

Using an older list, 3 NO main with packmaster, ooze, sage. Board has discard, second ooze Ruric thar as notables. 33 people in attendance, 6 rounds

Round 1- ANT Storm 2-0. He pitches his tendrils to an LED to go get ad nausuem of Infernal, I remove it and he doesn't find his 1 Burning wish. Game two cabal therapy buys time for ruric thar.

Round 2- Death and taxes 2-1. Games 1 and 3 were about natural order, game 2 I walked into a mindscensor that found a jitte. I have decays in hand but no bayou, failing to find twice off fetches

Round 3- Miracles 1-1. I win game 1, some bullshit about when the round ends (they posted a time that a spectator called but the judge didnt call until later) so i go from not dying to jace ult in turns to dying in jace ult in turns and drawing the match.

Round 4- Miracles 2-1 His game 3 opener that i see off thoughtseize is 2 fetch, top, cb, clasm, EE, priest. I win that game.

Round 5- reanimator 0-2 elesh norn on turns 3 and 2 :( Can't do anything on the draw

Round 6: esper stoneblade 2-1 I knock a friend out of contention, sorry Tigro!

Top 8: Reanimator, same as swiss. 1-2 Being on the play means deathrite does something. I don't quite get there in game three, he stabilizes at 2 life

Lately in my meta there are too many decks with Blood Moon. How do I beat turn1 blood moon on the draw? 4x ESG in my SB? Play less DRS and increase number of basic forests in MD? Ratchet Bomb in SB? Any other way?

going mono green would fix their wagons (replace DRS with actual mana guys and replace fetches with forests)

back when I played mono green "budget" elves, the blood moon decks were kinda a joke--esp like painter and dragon stompy.. they'd get all raged up when I played 2 basic forests and proceed to combo on turn whatever.

edit: that being said...if you know your meta is like that and still wanna play the normal list, just make sure you keep hands with a forest or fetch so you can beat a turn 1 blood moon on the play or a turn 2 blood moon on the draw. If you get down the 1 forest, it's usually all we need to take over the game-- the same decks that poop out blood moons are "usually" good matchups for us (painter can be annoying if they are really lucky).

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Careve View Post
    Lately in my meta there are too many decks with Blood Moon. How do I beat turn1 blood moon on the draw? 4x ESG in my SB? Play less DRS and increase number of basic forests in MD? Ratchet Bomb in SB? Any other way?
    Morph two birchlores, turn them face up, BAM green mana

Dryad arbor is a green 1/1 dryad mountain creature under blood moon.

the beat downs.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Julian on Miracles, Riley on Lands, Ross on BUG Delver are kind of disheartening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Julian on Miracles, Riley on Lands, Ross on BUG Delver are kind of disheartening.
    Why? I think it's crucial to get new Impulses for your brain after playing a single deck for a very long time and switching decks also helps to learn other decks weaknesses and how to attack them. Under both aspects, playing with Miracles is completely fine from Julians perspective. I do the same as a Storm player for the beforementioned reasons with Miracles/Elves/D&T. :)
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Thread Information