Page 252 of 382 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,040 of 7635

Thread: [Primer] Elves!

Feb 2014

Re: [Deck] Elves!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    . I think it's b/c he wants you to rap about why the set 4-offs are the set 4-offs in this deck, lol.
    And since when nettle is a set 4-off?
    The only set 4-offs are DRS, wirewood, visionary, glimpse, GSZ, Gaea's cradle
    Quirion is almost a set 4-off (more than nettle).

Nettle, heritage, NO are ok at 3 or 4 MD (though I agree nettle is often the first one to be maximize among these 3).

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    And since when nettle is a set 4-off?
    The only set 4-offs are DRS, wirewood, visionary, glimpse, GSZ, Gaea's cradle
    Quirion is almost a set 4-off (more than nettle).

Nettle, heritage, NO are ok at 3 or 4 MD (though I agree nettle is often the first one to be maximize among these 3).
    Nettle is essential for the beatdown plan and works not only with Heritage but also Birchlores for mana production. It sure is more valuable than Heritage #4, but the real question is, what the decklist looks like if there's no space for 4 Nettles at all.

edit:
    Back on topic: What's keeping the deck down at the moment/how do we combat it without killing the deck? All I can come up with at this moment boils down to "Turn this deck into a worse version of The Rock/Nic Fit".
    There is a problem between S&T variants and Miracles as two of the formats top decks Elves can barely touch. I can only point at more MB Sages to blow up CB/Batterskull/Vial and to drop in a S&T to kill Omniscience immediately, rather than using it as a 1-off tutor target which you can hardly access post S&T/CB. Imo there are more than enough targets out there to justify such a move
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Jul 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Nettle is essential for the beatdown plan and works not only with Heritage but also Birchlores for mana production. It sure is more valuable than Heritage #4, but the real question is, what the decklist looks like if there's no space for 4 Nettles at all.
    It looks like mine : http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=16540&iddeck=123771

I have to cut my Ooze for the Playset Nettle - with only 3 Heritage (and a more than grindy Maindeck) Nettle lost some Power. Ooze also is also a 2/2 Beater like Nettle, but compared to the Elf it can grow much bigger

@Omnitell: Maindeck Sage + Ruric (he is the real deal) helps a lot game 1, think about a side tech like: 4x Discard 2x Flusterstorm instead of 6x Discard, with Ruric and Sage it should work well enough against that blue Combo
    TEAM MtG Berlin

2-toughness elves are the reason we don't lose to all the hate cards...i'd cut any 1 toughness elf before any 2 toughness elf. Hell I even considered bringing back viridian shaman just cuz 2 toughness (and most things we wanna hit are artifacts anyway).

birchlore is a 2-toughness elf btw ;)

now normally this is where I'd play devil's advocate and be like I can see why you'd consider playing only 3 nettles-- but in a combo meta like you described, you NEED to be able to combo on turns 2-3 some of the time, and nettle sentinel is one of the cards which allows this.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

If there ever has been a time to play Gaddock Teeg, it is probably now. Karakas, especially in the EU, is on an all-time low. And fighting OmniTell with discard really feels like a losing battle. However, I don't hate the Extirpate on Show and Tell approach though. The deck is usually pretty much all-in on that card.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Plus, not to forget, hoses Storm on its own.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by IlCannone View Post
    Plus, not to forget, hoses Storm on its own.
    lol
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    If there ever has been a time to play Gaddock Teeg, it is probably now. Karakas, especially in the EU, is on an all-time low. And fighting OmniTell with discard really feels like a losing battle. However, I don't hate the Extirpate on Show and Tell approach though. The deck is usually pretty much all-in on that card.
    Teeg is attractive as always but it's just annoying how he blanks large parts of the deck. Makes me go for a non-Kithkin solution to problems pretty much always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I am told by good sources that Chalice for one can be areal pain for those Cantrip heavy decks. Maybe we should run that?

In all seriousness, what do people think of options like Thorn?
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Blood Moon Gaming
    May 2014
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    I am told by good sources that Chalice for one can be areal pain for those Cantrip heavy decks. Maybe we should run that?

In all seriousness, what do people think of options like Thorn?
    I don't think you can run Chalice for 1...
    Macky - Blood Moon Gaming
    THE COMBO KING
    www.BloodMoonGaming.com
    Streaming Legacy - www.twitch.tv/Macky984

Quote Originally Posted by Macky984 View Post
    I don't think you can run Chalice for 1...
    I think it was sarcasm

Blood Moon Gaming
    May 2014
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by jim111589 View Post
    I think it was sarcasm
    I was hoping so... White splash for Thalia kgo?
    Macky - Blood Moon Gaming
    THE COMBO KING
    www.BloodMoonGaming.com
    Streaming Legacy - www.twitch.tv/Macky984

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Ever since I put a Thorn of Amethyst to the table, only for Storm to Combo right through it, I don't want to play that card anymore.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

I'm sorry if it sounds like a dumb question, but I read the last pages and the only explanation I found for using Flusterstorm was "it is good against OmniTell".

I'm not saying it isn't, and I know that matchup is really hard for us, but could someone explain the reasons why flusterstorm is so much better than S. Pierce, S. Song and that kind of stuff in this match?

Thanks!

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by resmaster View Post
    I'm sorry if it sounds like a dumb question, but I read the last pages and the only explanation I found for using Flusterstorm was "it is good against OmniTell".

I'm not saying it isn't, and I know that matchup is really hard for us, but could someone explain the reasons why flusterstorm is so much better than S. Pierce, S. Song and that kind of stuff in this match?

Thanks!
    Because it can't be (easily) countered back? Maybe you missed that it has storm.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    Because it can't be (easily) countered back? Maybe you missed that it has storm.
    I'm totally aware it has storm haha

I just never played against OmniTell (I do not play online, only IRL). Do you attempt to counter S&T with flusterstorm? That would make them wait for one more turn to cast S&T so that there's enough mana to pay for flusterstorm, giving us more time to go off. Is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Ever since I put a Thorn of Amethyst to the table, only for Storm to Combo right through it, I don't want to play that card anymore.
    Sorry to be such a dork, but what does he mean here? What does it mean that storm combos right through it? Is it that a (1) tax is not enough?

Yes, and he is fairly correct. Storm has multiple ways of dealing with a singleton tax effect. Be it a 3cmc Decay at end of opponents turn or just ritualing through it and basically ignoring the effect altogether.

From my phone. I do my best, dammit!

Dec 2013
    France

I would like your opinion on a play i did today :

Me (elves) vs Reanimator

Turn 1 for me :
    Bayou+ Deathrite shaman ,

Turn 1 Rean :
    Pithing needle shaman

Turn 2 :
    Cabal therapy naming Reanimate , in his hand : 1 reanimate , 1 Show and tell , 1 spell pierce, 1 brainstorm , 1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cénobite and 1 ashen rider.
    So reanimate in the graveyard, i choose to flashback therapy with deathrite shaman to take his brainstorm. I wanted to remove his cantrip.

Turn 2
    top deck city of traitors, play Show and tell ------> loose for me

Do you think it was the best play to take brainstorm or should have make him discard show and tell ?

Thanks
    Legacy:
    Elves
    Reanimator
    Sneak Show
    Infect

Thread Information