Page 263 of 382 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 7635

Thread: [Primer] Elves!

Jun 2010
    Germany

Re: [Deck] Elves!

I think this guy is better than he looks.
    He can close out games pretty quick once he lands, is faster than WRP (actually kind of useful in Combo Matchups->SnT bring in this guy, EoT bounce with Symbiote, play again)
    I've had countless games against Miracles with them being at 1-5 Life & me not being able to finish the game...
    This guy seems like he can drain them out easily, just get in for a few points in the meantime.

Jul 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Careve View Post
    At first I thought the new elf is cute with Symbiote, buuuuuut:
    1) Moat/E.Bridge situations -> we go for Rec.Sage.
    If i can "kill" with one more mana i would go for it instead of sage and than finding a 2nd zenith/order etc.
    2) Grindy games (most likely we do not have many elves on the field) -> we go for DRS.
    Right but grindy Games also tends to allow elves to do some damage, so maybe it also is a finishing move (and maybe it is easier to play a creature than a no/hoof)
    3) Midrange GSZ target? -> Packmaster is better.
    As a standalone weapon yes - packmaster is really good, but if you can play and bounce the new guy instead of making a bunch of wolves (which also needs some amount of mana) and waiting for attacksteps/turns i can also see to gain advantage with the new one.

Sadly it isn't a rare/mythic so it missed some more raw power (lifeleech would be nice^^), but we gain some synergy with ws, cradle, glimpse, heritage etc. dodge Cage! (Priest/Mindcensor/Moat/Bridge etc.) and some countermagic (Pierce/Flusterstorm) which can work against NO if your opponent also runs enough removal and some wastelands.

It would also be nice to kill an Show&Tell player with the ability, but sadly the don't even care that much about our Rec.Sage thanks to Instant-Stack-Kill...

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeezay View Post
    I've had countless games against Miracles with them being at 1-5 Life & me not being able to finish the game...
    This guy seems like he can drain them out easily, just get in for a few points in the meantime.
    Yes...he also dodges CB and if Terminus hit, you maybe get another turn to draw/tutor him and drain more (and he has some attack power compared to other elves)
    TEAM MtG Berlin

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Edit: Never mind, read wrong.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeezay View Post
    I think this guy is better than he looks.
    He can close out games pretty quick once he lands, is faster than WRP (actually kind of useful in Combo Matchups->SnT bring in this guy, EoT bounce with Symbiote, play again)
    Wut? If your opponent S&Ts an OmniScience and you put in this guy your opponent laughs at you. Also: Isn't keeping creatures in play against Miracles the core problem? Isn't a lifedrain based in creatures in play ergo totally pointless?
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

This creature will win me many matches in the future as a 1-of GSZ target. That is all.

Here is the full image of the card. 3 CMC! I like it, I will certainly try it out for a while in my elves list.

Jul 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by zeagle View Post
    Here is the full image of the card. 3 CMC! I like it, I will certainly try it out for a while in my elves list.
    Wow only 3 mana, perfect! After the GP i will be back with Elves
    TEAM MtG Berlin

Yep, he costs 1BG and is a 3/2 body.

Also spoiled was Gnarlroot Trapper. Elf that costs B, 1/1 body, can tap to either add G mana (only to cast Elf creature spells) or can tap to give an attacking Elf deathtouch till EoT.

3 cmc makes me so much more optimistic

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Wut? If your opponent S&Ts an OmniScience and you put in this guy your opponent laughs at you. Also: Isn't keeping creatures in play against Miracles the core problem? Isn't a lifedrain based in creatures in play ergo totally pointless?
    I'd consider Entreat to be the core problem - if they don't have the inevitable blowout from Entreat, slowly grinding them out is very much an option.

Quote Originally Posted by zeagle View Post

3 mana = sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

This one seems spicey

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

CMC 3?!!! This makes me so happy. I'm definitely gonna rock that guy now. Also, now that Elf tribal is a thing I might even catch myself playing Standard in addition to CoCo Elves in Modern. #ElvesInAllFormats
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

:O
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Loads of new Elves to play with. My I present Elvish Ringleader:

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

That guy is actually a reprint. But still, seems good in Standard!

I was happy about the 4 mana version of this guy....but LOL 3??? collected company just got interesting for me.

and that 2 drop?! perfect gsz target when all you want is more bodies (pumps up hoof, good for chump blocking, makes heritage tap for 3)

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

Party time! Woomp Woomp. Here comes the drop!

Imma celebrate by throwing mana in the air like I just don't care!

All these Elves might make me want to play Standard for the first time in a long while. Someone slap me already.

Sep 2013
    Under hill.

So so so much better at 3cc. A good one-of in the sideboard.

Dec 2013
    Malden, MA

I thought about that, too, QBChaz. Also, playing Elves in every format sounds awesome, danyul, but I don't want to spend money on Cavern of Souls or Collected Company for Modern, and as fun as Standard is sometimes, I have to fight the urge by telling myself it's a money pit.

Dwynen's Elite seems pretty good with Heritage Druid, but the only 2cmc elf we have in our deck is Visionary and something tells me that isn't coming out for it...

I do like Shaman of the Pack as a 1-of, though, and will certainly test it.

Local Legacy tournament tomorrow for Dual Lands (First place gets 4 Underground Seas). Will be rocking a Elves ( MD Scooze instead of my 2nd Rec. Sage because there are a lot of storm/reanimator/goyf decks and SB Ruric instead of Progenitus). Will see how it goes.

Thread Information