Page 311 of 382 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,220 of 7635

Thread: [Primer] Elves!

Re: [Primer] Elves!

my post and questions associated w/it got buried...posting from work, so my apologies if I don't directly reply BUT:

yea, I think my friends were just looking @top 100 decks..

and my list was the same as the SCG Atlanta classic except I switched out Ruric for +1 thoughtseize in sb. I feel like my list was close to perfect for the event and my losses were only to bad matchups (2 miracles, 1 reanimator, 1 eldrazi) and 5th loss was due to running real bad vs esper stoneblade (drew about 5 fetches and 2 cradles after already having all fetchable lands and a cradle in play).

I'd highly advocate my list for the next couple months at least...the only hole is Miracles, but I honestly feel like that we'd have to fundamentally change the deck (like Julian has done) to make it even a 50/50 matchup. My list beats up on fair blue decks pretty hard, with the only exception being miracles...and even that is winnable with tight/creative play. Non-blue fair decks are even easier...

the next step may honestly be trying a couple decays main.. seriously. I side 3-4 copies in roughly 75-80% of my matches..

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Shagstaman View Post
    my post and questions associated w/it got buried...posting from work, so my apologies if I don't directly reply BUT:

yea, I think my friends were just looking @top 100 decks..

and my list was the same as the SCG Atlanta classic except I switched out Ruric for +1 thoughtseize in sb. I feel like my list was close to perfect for the event and my losses were only to bad matchups (2 miracles, 1 reanimator, 1 eldrazi) and 5th loss was due to running real bad vs esper stoneblade (drew about 5 fetches and 2 cradles after already having all fetchable lands and a cradle in play).

I'd highly advocate my list for the next couple months at least...the only hole is Miracles, but I honestly feel like that we'd have to fundamentally change the deck (like Julian has done) to make it even a 50/50 matchup. My list beats up on fair blue decks pretty hard, with the only exception being miracles...and even that is winnable with tight/creative play. Non-blue fair decks are even easier...

the next step may honestly be trying a couple decays main.. seriously. I side 3-4 copies in roughly 75-80% of my matches..
    1 Cavern main in a meta this infested with Miracles and Eldrazi seems irresponsible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

One of the last lists I tested right before the GP actually had 2-3 Decays in the maindeck. I don't think it's an unreasonable call considering that the card is totally maindeckable in the first place AND frees up sideboard slots for high-impact cards. You know how much I love promoting 5/7 cards to the maindeck.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

I play 1 Decay MD since 2 months, it's absolutely good yeah. 2-3 if you play 4 Glimpse, not totally sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    1 Cavern main in a meta this infested with Miracles and Eldrazi seems irresponsible.
    I agree, and want to further hybridize my deck by going with 2 cavern...but man cuts are hard to make these days. I can fully justify every card slot as it sits.. :( desperate times tho..

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Shagstaman View Post
    I agree, and want to further hybridize my deck by going with 2 cavern...but man cuts are hard to make these days. I can fully justify every card slot as it sits.. :( desperate times tho..
    What I'll be trying for a while:

4 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Quirion Ranger

4 Elvish Visionary
    4 Wirewood Symbiote

4 Nettle Sentinel
    3 Heritage Druid
    2 Birchlore Rangers

2 Craterhoof Behemoth
    1 Reclamation Sage

4 Glimpse of Nature
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Natural Order
    1 Sylvan Library
    2 Abrupt Decay

2 Forest
    2 Bayou

4 Gaea's Cradle
    1 Dryad Arbor
    2 Cavern of Souls
    1 Pendelhaven

3 Wooded Foothills
    3 Misty Rainforest
    1 Windswept Heath
    1 Verdant Catacombs

Board:
    4 Thoughtseize
    2 Cabal Therapy
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Wren's Run Packmaster
    1 Elderscale Wurm
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Garruk Relentless
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Nargoron View Post
    Isn't glimpse weak after this changes? You are running low of elves... and dudes in general
    In the NO builds Glimpse is there as a draw spell and cheap Hymn, not as a kill condition primarily. It plays the part of Ancestral Recall just fine IME.
    (On Innistrad)

May 2015
    Hamburg

Here is my german report of GP Prague. Sorry it's not english.
    Tell me what you think.

http://janohneeis.wix.com/elves

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jayaballard182 View Post
    Here is my german report of GP Prague. Sorry it's not english.
    Tell me what you think.

http://janohneeis.wix.com/elves

Any chance to make an english version ?

May 2015
    Hamburg

Quote Originally Posted by benjiman13 View Post
    Any chance to make an english version ?
    Hey Benjiman13,
    it could take me too much time now. But I already decided to write the next report in english for sure! If you have concrete questions or improvements -> give me a text I am open for discussions!

Jan Lenger

Hey Benjiman13,
    it could take me too much time now. But I already decided to write the next report in english for sure! If you have concrete questions or improvements -> give me a text I am open for discussions!

Jan Lenger
    How do you feel about the NO build? Did you play miracle? Shardless? Eldrazi?
    The hate against combo was good? (Ruric and Gaddock)

May 2015
    Hamburg

I THINK it's the stronger build with (3) NO. Of course it depends on the meta and some awesome players are really successful without. My choice is 3. The 4th slot is used for sylvan library so far but i will try the jitte in the next month. I also tried a bloodmoon build which was successful at the Eternal Prague but not at the GP Prague.

I played against Miracles. Maybe you are just interested in the sideboard decision i took.

+3 Aprubt Decay
    +1 Reclamation Sage
    +1 Garruk
    +1 surgical Extraction
    +1 Gaddock Teeg

-3 Gaeas Cradle
    -3 Heritage Druid
    -1 Glimpse of Nature

Do you board in the Thoughtseize? Would be interesting to know.

The Ruric is very strong any very expensive at the same time. I board him in against storm, omniscience, delver, burn and miracles if i didn't see a single karakas/legend in his first game... and it depends also on your choice to take out NO against delver decks.

Jan Lenger

Jul 2015
    Osasco

Hey guys
    Thats Im playing for now, I put aside caos elves for now

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/431776#online

I really like win against eldrazi and lands and I board in decay so much and I wanted to take a chance in MD.

Sorry for my english

May 2015
    Hamburg

Quote Originally Posted by Diogo37 View Post
    Hey guys
    Thats Im playing for now, I put aside caos elves for now

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/431776#online

I really like win against eldrazi and lands and I board in decay so much and I wanted to take a chance in MD.

Sorry for my english
    I played this list in Prague and tested it alot: http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=19921&iddeck=151726

BUT there is a problem with the lists. If you board in Blooodmoon and still want to play decays you need a birchlore online or DS or play the Bloodmoon second turn. It happens quiet a lot that one of the factors tip over your plan. So BM is a good card, but there is no synergy with the rest of your deck. If you wanna play decays in your maindeck, remove the bloodmoon and the taiga. I like 2 Caverns ;-) =)

I THINK it's the stronger build with (3) NO. Of course it depends on the meta and some awesome players are really successful without. My choice is 3. The 4th slot is used for sylvan library so far but i will try the jitte in the next month. I also tried a bloodmoon build which was successful at the Eternal Prague but not at the GP Prague.

I played against Miracles. Maybe you are just interested in the sideboard decision i took.

+3 Aprubt Decay
    +1 Reclamation Sage
    +1 Garruk
    +1 surgical Extraction
    +1 Gaddock Teeg

-3 Gaeas Cradle
    -3 Heritage Druid
    -1 Glimpse of Nature

Do you board in the Thoughtseize? Would be interesting to know.

The Ruric is very strong any very expensive at the same time. I board him in against storm, omniscience, delver, burn and miracles if i didn't see a single karakas/legend in his first game... and it depends also on your choice to take out NO against delver decks.

Jan Lenger

-3 Gaea's Cradle

MIND BLOWN. It both makes a ton of sense and is something I would never have considered. I don't personally think I'd want to take out more than 2 in the hopes of getting a very explosive start out of it but still.

Also, the Garruk...is this over Wren's Run Packmaster specifically due to the fact it cannot be Terminus'd while still being grindy as heck?

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Had a pretty tight match vs Caleb's Tin Fins in the Legacy Mediocre League tonight, make sure to check it out:

The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Sep 2013
    Under hill.

Julian: Brilliant sideboarding and playing. You really made the most out of an ugly situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Had a pretty tight match vs Caleb's Tin Fins in the Legacy Mediocre League tonight, make sure to check it out:

and that's the reason why surgical extraction has just half of it's value for me, cose i definetly can't do this xD
    Yep, u r a Wizard :)

Sep 2013
    Under hill.

Hey Julian: Would you be willing to take a few minutes to share with us what was going on in your head during those games. I'd understand if you want to wait until after the tournament is over--but perhaps you would write it down now and save it for later. Understanding what led you to your decisions (side boarding, what to name with hand removal, etc.) would be really helpful. As one of the commentators said, lots of people can learn to pilot the deck, almost no one has your instincts for playing it with such precision.

Thread Information