Page 377 of 382 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,540 of 7635

Thread: [Primer] Elves!

In response: Snapcaster Mage
    Feb 2011

Re: [Primer] Elves!

I thought about it being awkward to play it over a good turn 1 creature - however...

...against a delver deck post-board I would not assume that my turn 1 creature survives, but that Sanctuary has a much higher chance of sticking around. Now if I can play two 1 mana creatures in my 2nd turn (a two land hand against delver should be assumed), I do have an advantage because either I draw some cards or my creatures do something. And I think unless our opponent has mass removal or a Leovold to stick around our chances of winning are increased significantly in this scenario.

your comparison to Leovold makes no sense imo.
    Leovold is much stronger of course. :) but you compare a creature that costs UBG with an enchantment that costs G. Also - for the main purpose of helping early vs. delver Leovold is not relevant. ;)

To argue that we need our SB slots more vs. other decks than against delver: sure - that might very well be the case.

TCdecks shows that Grixis and BUG Delver are very strong. I don't know about you guys but altough I am not afraid to play against delver - it's no walk in the park and high impact cards vs. a popular matchup are worth testing imo.
    Currently playing: Elves

Feb 2014

The card is an awfull topdeck, and is irrelevant against the rest of the field.
    Vs delver, I would much prefer carpet of flowers if you want a card for G that helps vs removal heavy hands.
    But ooze, decay, collective brutality, choke are all cards that are at least as powerfull in the MU while being good in others as well.

Jun 2016
    Spain

A local elves player turned me on to Sandwurm Convergence as an answer to Sneak and Show. Any thoughts about it? It seems insane if you manage to put it down in response to Show and Tell. I'm not sure most Sneak and Shows even have any answers to it.

Jan 2014
    Prague

Hej guys, is any reason to don't play second pendelhaven in bg builds instead of caverns we are close in matchups where is more relevant .. what do you think ?

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

The manabase already pushed to the very edge of how bad it can be. I don't feel comfortable making it even worse, even though I agree that Pendelhaven is REALLY right now. I think I'd rather try to work a Crop Rotation in there. But I also don't really see any room to make that work.

/edit: I meant manabase, not Pendelhaven, ops
    Last edited by Julian23; 08-31-2017 at 01:32 PM.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Quote Originally Posted by Doneval View Post
    A local elves player turned me on to Sandwurm Convergence as an answer to Sneak and Show. Any thoughts about it? It seems insane if you manage to put it down in response to Show and Tell. I'm not sure most Sneak and Shows even have any answers to it.
    Actually, sadly a lot of them do, I'd say 70% are working with Omniscience today because it increases so much the MU against DnT and also is very good on G2 and G3, while without it the deck can be more consistent, but struggles more against hate (like the one your are saying). A lot of those with Omniscience have outs since they have bounce effects on the SB and lots of them pack Cunning Wish... I mean, if you slam that down it will be very efficient against maybe half of the SnT decks, but because of not being extremely efficient against all of them, I'm not sure if I would devote SB slots for this. SB Emrakul is usually better since against Omniscience its basically game anyway, and even then its pretty rare today they SBoarding Emrakul on elves.

Jun 2016
    Spain

At our local Legacy tournaments there's always 2-3 people running Turbo Depths and I keep losing to it. Any tips on sideboarding and playing against it?

My list is pretty close to Julian's. I'm tempted to drop the Mindbreak Traps I was experimenting with in the sideboard and adding a Crop Rotate package (1-2 Crop Rotate, Karakas, and Wasteland?). Thoughts? Any better suggestions?

Feb 2014

At our local Legacy tournaments there's always 2-3 people running Turbo Depths and I keep losing to it. Any tips on sideboarding and playing against it?

My list is pretty close to Julian's. I'm tempted to drop the Mindbreak Traps I was experimenting with in the sideboard and adding a Crop Rotate package (1-2 Crop Rotate, Karakas, and Wasteland?). Thoughts? Any better suggestions?
    It's a pretty bad MU for sure. There is three solutions if you absolutely need to address it for your local meta:
    - elderscale wurm in sb
    - ezuri's archer in sb
    - 2 crop & one waste md, bokuja and karakas sb.

So it's not on card image on the mtg site yet, but here's a link. Playable?

http://mythicspoiler.com/ixa/cards/g...ofitlimoc.html

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Dec 2016
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by quikaxe View Post
    So it's not on card image on the mtg site yet, but here's a link. Playable?

http://mythicspoiler.com/ixa/cards/g...ofitlimoc.html
    Not in Elves I think. What do you take out for it, and what is it contributing to the deck?

4 Creatures is a lethal hoof in a lot of cases. At 3 mana, you could Ezuri, Renegade Leader or Elvish Archdruid. Crop Rotation gets access to a Cradle faster without the creature requirement, and you can use Gaea's Cradle before the end of your turn.

The ETB ability is a worse Green Sun's Zenith, and I think the flip ability is a tad too slow. Maybe something like Maverick could play it?
    I like playing tribal: Elves | Goblins | Enchantments

Anyone part of the elves discord can you post an invite please

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Hey Guys,
    does anybody have an actual digital sideboard plan which he can post for the actual meta?
    Im going to a great tournament this weekend and didn't play for a while. I think a plan could help a lot over ten rounds.
    Actual Im often not sure what I have to side out.

Hopefully someone could help.

Thanks a lot.

Jun 2016
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    It's a pretty bad MU for sure. There is three solutions if you absolutely need to address it for your local meta:
    - elderscale wurm in sb
    - ezuri's archer in sb
    - 2 crop & one waste md, bokuja and karakas sb.
    I've been thinking about this some more. Ezuri's Archer seems a bad idea because they'll usually have Pithing Needle and name Wirewood Symbiote with it. Crop Rotation is probably the safest, but I like Elderscale Wurm for only taking a single slot.

I was also thinking it might be a good mirror breaker. Bring Elderscale the turn before you'd be able to kill them with Craterhoof. The only problem is when the opponent has Deathrite Shamans and you don't (or you have no way to regain life). Even if they have a Shaman, it buys you a turn, so it's an interesting option.

Feb 2014

I was also thinking it might be a good mirror breaker. Bring Elderscale the turn before you'd be able to kill them with Craterhoof. The only problem is when the opponent has Deathrite Shamans and you don't (or you have no way to regain life). Even if they have a Shaman, it buys you a turn, so it's an interesting option.
    Elderscale wurm is really bad in the mirror.
    For it to work you need your opponent to not have glimpse neither drs, and to be able to NO before them.

I would strongly advise against bringing this card in any MU but burn, marit lage variants, merfolks and eldrazi stompy.

Re: [DTB] Elves!

so plan with crop rotation + karakas and wasteland seems a better generic solution, but you can't tutor crop

Jun 2016
    Spain

I've actually been running the Crop + Karakas plan that Julian has been playing and it has been working surprisingly well. I've won several games against Turbo Depths and Sneak and Show because of it. Yeah, it's only two cards in your deck, but you can mull aggressively for them or find them during a glimpse. No different than having 2 Mindbreak Traps.

I've just started with the deck and I've been copying Julians most recent list but I really have no idea how to sideboard, it seems like we really don't want to take out most of our cards. Is there a sideboard guide somewhere? Or could someone explain to me what cards come out in what matchups? I've got enough format knowledge to know what I want to come in but not to know what comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius42 View Post
    Is there a sideboard guide somewhere?
    Have you read the primer ?

HI,

I follow the primer very much and I've been playing the deck for years, but it is not very clear what are your sideboard vs tiers deck.

would not it be convenient rewrite them all together, I have my plans but I would be happy to confront...

side choices are among the most important things about Magic ...

Thread Information